It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

This is not a frost quake. We have a pond and the bass and bream are getting ready to spawn in it. They won't spawn in freezing water and the pond is 6 ft deep.

link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Look at CERI's wooley hollow
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

compared to IRIS wooley hollow
www.iris.washington.edu...

How come we each have differnt microvolts for CERI's wooley hollow?

Woolly Hollow

link   
reply to post by westcoast

Fine you people can blame your earthquakes on the frozen ground that isnt frozen, you can blame them on Company injecting salt water which if property damage occurs you have a law suite and chances of large quakes dont exist or you can look to man creating then with HAARP you choose your disaster. I dont live there and now I dont care with your attitude ......have a very sleepless night

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I'm not one of the 'techies' but I can give it a shot. Give me a few.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

how human of you

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Geezus!! No wonder you're not sleeping!
Now you've got storms to worry about as well. Gives new meaning to the term "rock & roll". I sure hope everything goes ok for you. I'll be up for a while yet...keep ya company. My name is Cat, btw.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

umm, your link is for yesterday

here is the new day

link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I know, I just asked someone about it, that was talking about the ground water, He never said these quakes were caused that way and neither did I. I just mentioned the Cryoseism quake Thread about it. He was talking about the sandy ground and the water table and house being damaged.

link   
Was doing a little more research earlier, before the activity began again and ran across this study, and man am I even more appalled than ever.

Look at where a lot of this water comes from:

Water used for drilling and making up frac fluids can come from several sources: surface water bodies, groundwater, municipal potable water supplies, or reused water from some other water source (most commonly this is flowback water from a previously fractured well)

snip

A large portion of the Marcellus Shale underlies the Susquehanna River basin watershed. Any water usage within the watershed is subject to oversight by the SRBC. Hoffman (2010) notes, that as of January 2010, the SRBC had data for 131 wells. The total volume of water withdrawn through that date is 262 million gallons, with 45% coming from public water supplies and the other 55% coming from surface water sources. The average total volume of fluid used per well is 2.7 million gallons, with 2.2 million gallons of that coming from freshwater sources and 0.5 million gallons coming from recycled flowback water

Emphasis mine

Look at what they tell you they're doing with the used frac'ing fluid:

Not all of the injected frac fluid returns to the surface. GWPC and ALL (2009) report that from 30% to 70% of the original frac fluid volume returns as flowback. However, anecdotal reports from Marcellus operators suggest that the actual percentage is at or below the lower end of that range. The rest of the water remains in pores within the formation. The SRBC data set described in the previous section shows that about 13.5% of the injected frac fluid is recovered (Hoffman 2010).

snip

Operators must manage the flowback and produced water in a cost-effective manner that complies with state regulatory requirements. The primary options are:

Inject underground through a disposal well (onsite or offsite),
Discharge to a nearby surface water body,
Haul to a municipal wastewater treatment plant (often referred to as a publicly owned
treatment works or POTW),

Haul to a commercial industrial wastewater treatment facility, and
Reuse for a future frac job either with or without treatment.

Chapter 3 describes each of these different processes in more detail and identifies those options
that are actually being used by gas operators in the Marcellus Shale region

Again, emphasis mine.

So, you have water being taken out of the normal hydrological cycle never to be returned...

This deals primarily with the processes in the Marcellus Shale Play, but certainly is applicable to the Fayetteville Shale Play.

What sickens me is how open they are with this whole thing. They really need to be brought low...
edit on 28-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: formatting fix

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Making the Memphis local news sites
edit on 28-2-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

We should change our motto to Arkansas: If the tornado's don't get ya the earthquakes will

link   

Thank you West, I have been following your work as well and your GOOD! and also thank you for taking the time out for this,

link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by UtahRosebud

This is not a frost quake. We have a pond and the bass and bream are getting ready to spawn in it. They won't spawn in freezing water and the pond is 6 ft deep.

Oh I know this wasn't a frost quake. I was helping out an earlier poster (Coolottie I think) who made reference to one in a post he/she made. Another user questioned that post and said it was BS, so I grabbed info pertaining to "frost quakes" and posted it.

Sorry for the confusion.

edit on 28-2-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
We need a real damn reporter to join us.

I'm probably wouldn't get an email back from Scott Ausbrook because he's going to be inundate. But a reporter could get access. And I got lots of questions that need to be asked and answered.

So, try and make it happen.

...you just reminded me about an article I found in our local paper friday 2/25, The Arkansas Democrat Gazette:

Its heading read " Quakes continue near Greenbrier"

GREENBRIER-- At least seven more earthquakes shook Faulkner County on Wednesday, including an early-evening quake registering 3.4 in magnitude that rattled an area near Greenbrier.

The U.S. Geological Survey also recorded other temblors earlier in the day ranging from 2.0 to 2.8 that residents didn't report noticing, said Scott Ausbrooks, geohazards supervisor for the Arkansas Geological Survey.

Amy Priddy, a Greenbrier Police Department dispatcher, said she felt the 3.4 magnitude earthquake that was about 4 miles northwest of Greenbrier when it rumbled at 6:24 p.m.

"People are getting used to these things," she said. "They don't think its that big of a deal anymore."

Quakes shook the area frequently this month, including a 4.1 temblor on Friday that was the largest of the more than 800 quakes recorded in Faulkner County since September.

Scientists are studying to determin whether the earthquakes are caused by natural faults or by deep-well saltwater injectionsby gas companies near Guy and Greenbrier.

.....so if they are suposedly studying whether or not the salwater injections have a direct cause to these earthquakes......then why in the hell won't they STOP drilling!

...And I have no clue who this Amy Priddy is but um lets see....over 800 quakes since September is kind of a big deal one would think....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

Fine you people can blame your earthquakes on the frozen ground that isnt frozen, you can blame them on Company injecting salt water which if property damage occurs you have a law suite and chances of large quakes dont exist or you can look to man creating then with HAARP you choose your disaster. I dont live there and now I dont care with your attitude ......have a very sleepless night

I'm pretty sure no one said that this particular grouping of quakes was caused by frost, only that other quakes have been,

We really do value all input as long as it is civil and well stated. Please don't let a misunderstanding drive you away from this important thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's insane.

I almost got banned from ATS today.

Goodnight all stay safe. I'll be thinking about you.

You better form some townhall meetings. Or march on mass down to the injection pads and make a scene.

Something. I wish puterman were here. I want to know the cumulative energy. It's got to be way up there now. It means something else is stressed.

There was a third quake in the mix. Probably over 3. Not listed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Please look at THIS seismo. I commented immediately that this quake looked odd...as if there was ground movement...maybe it is just something going on with the telemetry, but you say it felt different than the other quakes too?

Yes, that's exactly what it "felt" like. An initial "Shock," then a drastic down-pitch of frequency for people 10 miles away or more; and people in Conway, 20 miles away, said it was lower frequency and lasted from 10 to 15 seconds. This is truly odd. It lasted 3 secs here, was a high frequency wave with as much impact as a sudden strong concussive force.

My roommate, on the other end of the hallway said he looked down the hall-way and it was "rippling" side to side. This felt like some sort-of explosion. I have never "felt" and heard anything so unusual. It almost felt as if it was some sort of distortion wave or a fluctuation of time-space and gravity, but highly focused.

Who knows maybe one of those incoming thunderstorms launched a high energy particle beam from matter and anti-matter lightning bursts? Who knows at this point.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Does anyone else see the double taps hitting on this thing?

link

Am starting to get more than a wee bit worried, and I don't even live very close.

The ice machine in the kitchen dropped ice a minute ago and startled me...maybe I need to step away for a bit, but I do not want to let the people who are going through this 'be alone' or feel like they are not being supported. NOT THE CASE!

edit on 28-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I would if the link worked...ugh.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by elouina

umm, your link is for yesterday

here is the new day

I was comparing to his from yesterday too. Now here is mine for today. As you can see mine is 500 microvolts per vertical division. And yours is 100 microvolts per division. I was wondering what difference it makes if any. And why do they have 2 different versions?

Ceri Woolly Hollow Feb 28th

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join