It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

It lasted longer and it was much more violent than the ones we have been having shaking the house. Felt like I was in a boat in rough water and I was lying in bed with my laptop about to shut it down for the night. Can't sleep at all now.

link   
Arkansas online news

A preliminary 4.7-magnitude earthquake centered in central Arkansas was felt throughout the state, but there were no immediate reports of any damage.

Seismic picture in link
picture

link   
reply to post by coolottie

B.S. the ground freezing is only on the surface. 3inches max, that doesnt cause geological issues 6 miles deep

sleep not the end of the world yet...sleep
edit on 28-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

They called it a Cryoseism quake, it was a few weeks ago when we had a lot for rain and in the teen degrees. The person I replied to was talking about the ground being sandy and a lot of ground water table high.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Interesting...

i first found out bout the 4.5 and 4.6 at happened bout 2 hours ago or so

on this site

RSOE

They were on the map up until just a few minutes ago...

...interesting... why was it removed?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I am thinking USGS is down playing it thats why I am asking 3.8's wiggle the bed 5's wiggle your soul

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
YOU MUST READ THIS.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

There's other versions in our links, we'll repeat it again soon.

I want puterman. I want to know the cumulative energy to date. The was a stuck fault. The other was just moving around freely, and you had constant quakes of varying sizes. This quake came after a long period of calm. It finally snapped.

The problem is the soil. And as someone pointed out, it really wet. Liquidificatioin is a very big concern. They felt this all the way to Memphis. This means the shifted load will be on another fault system. Like I said. My gut says Memphis, but honestly it could be elsewhere, and it won't matter if there's more than one. The is a disaster in the making. They have to stop injecting and fracking immediately. Oh I forgot the have carbon capture plants there as well. This will be a man made disaster.

If I had more self esteem, I'd bet my life on it. This is not normal. This is a warning.

I've done my bit. And will continue. I urge everyone of you to rattle as many people to look at our work. And connect with our other groups. And call your local media outlet and just start asking questions. If the media knows you're curious, they'll be back. They need to stay this time.

I never left you Arkansas. I was watching you before the birds started dropping.

Save Arkansas. Stop the big one. Injection will cause a disaster.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I'm in Millington, and didn't feel anything noticable here. I know I won't be sleeping anytime soon.....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I've come to learn the RSOE is less than reliable and will play up particular issues while not even covering others. You'd be much more well informed if you went through this thread and bookmarked several of the links presented throughout.

Speaking of which, it's about time someone posted a refresher...Where's our archivist?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I was replying to someone that was discussing the ground water table in connection with the quakes. I was replying to W1LL. Your excused.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Geologists are working to determine if the activity - dubbed the Guy Swarm - is caused by pressurized liquid injected into the ground by natural gas drillers or if it is a natural occurrence.

From the article I posted above

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Interesting...

i first found out bout the 4.5 and 4.6 at happened bout 2 hours ago or so

on this site

RSOE

They were on the map up until just a few minutes ago...

...interesting... why was it removed?

No kidding? It was removed? because i saved a jpg. of the usgs map tonight.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
New day

CERI Wooley Hollow

LOOK at the spikes

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

exactly why was it removed why was the quake down graded to a 3.8...what these guys are discribing is close to 5 and why all the B.S. excuses about hi water table and frozen ground....Im not buying it

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

actually i have read this thread from the start... but thanks anyways

and as far as the other sites... my super slow dial up internet connection is picky to what it loads...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I am excused from what?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, since you can't sleep, maybe you could go to your profile and type in where you're from. I know you told us way back in the thread, but I can't remember. It'd be nice if those affected by these quakes would do so also. It just makes it easier for us readers to know where the quakes are located and what they feel like. Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

No damage in Little Rock...felt much bigger than 4.7. Family members of mine have confirmed they felt the shaking in Bella Vista, Ar. Local news is reporting that this has been felt state wide. Had a guy on the phone live from Quitman...said that he might have structural damage and was cut off

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

I was replying to someone that was discussing the ground water table in connection with the quakes. I was replying to W1LL. Your excused.

thanks for that info I had no clue about groundwater freezing causing quakes.

your excused thats funny!

my reason for posting before I feel must be said again this is a larger quake it seems they are growing in numbers and intensity now. I have been an observer my whole life and have experience in many aspects of building, this constant shaking NO house is built for as with the soil it is always prepared a certain way with earthquakes in mind.

just keep an eye on you home and surroundings.
edit on 2/28/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

There were 2 quakes one 4.7mag and 17 minutes later a 3.8 mag

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join