It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've got the CERI WH seismo open in a window and keep refreshing it every few minutes, and looks like another good sized one rolled through.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
are you guys watching this?

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

link   
reply to post by EvolEric

thing is Guy Ark. isnt on the N.M.Faultline

link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by coolottie

B.S. the ground freezing is only on the surface. 3inches max, that doesnt cause geological issues 6 miles deep

sleep not the end of the world yet...sleep
edit on 28-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

It's not BS and it was covered by the media in the past week or so. The term they have been using is "Frost Quake".

Please do not come in here and spout off telling people they are full of it and things are BS. A little research will go a long way for you. This thread is filled with people who do that on a daily basis, a hundred times a day. Show some respect. Click over to another window and become friends with Google. It will benefit you down the road!

A cryoseism, also known as a frost quake[1][2], may be caused by a sudden cracking action in frozen soil or rock saturated with water or ice.[3] As water seeps down into the rock, it freezes and expands, putting stress on surrounding rock. This builds up until it is relieved explosively in a cryoseism.[

Wikipedia

Chicago Tribune - Frost Quake News Story

If you want more sources... go to Google and type in "frost quake". Then hit the "news" tab in the upper left hand corner. You might be surprised.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin,

What kind of time frame do you for see?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Same here Antar.

I almost posted this afternoon how eerie it felt looking at the USGS today and not seeing anything reported in Arkansas. To quote one of my favorite characters, I've got a bad feeling about this....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

relax I am on your side...USGS Global map isnt showing the 4.7

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Really ....really....why is it only happening in GUY ARK. when the ground isnt frozen.......

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

That's just because the 3.8 is right on top of it. Zoom in to North America and you can see the 4.7. It's just the way the map is drawn by the program, not an attempt to hide anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by EvolEric

thing is Guy Ark. isnt on the N.M.Faultline

It doesn't need to be.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Oh yes it is. It's on this page:

USGS

This one too:

USGS Closer Map

And the details:

USGS - 4.7 Details

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

read all the wickipedia you want to there is plenty af frozen ground all over the world and it isnt causing earthquakes anyplace else...so right back at you and why are you arguing with me.....if your one of those troll guys maybe your the one that has too leave

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Local news has someone on the phone from Lake Hamilton that is claiming he is continuing to feel aftershocks. Lake Hamilton is near Hot Springs, AR

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A local Memphis news station posted this on their website a few minutes ago....

www.wmctv.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

THIS is the page you want to look at. They have been showing the 4.7 for some time now.

The 'big deal' here is that the people of this area have been experiencing an intense swarm now for some time. The New Madrid is far from being understood, and as the article that Robin linked points out, the next suspected location for movement won't be ON the previously mapped fault, but a branch of it. Hence...this swarm is raising a whole lotta concern that this may just be that area. The 4.7 is being widely felt for the same reason the damage on the LAST big quake on the New Madrid was so widespread. Because of the make-up of the ground.

ETA: I am starting to take offense at your attitude here, after seeing your last post. Would you care to tone it down a bit? Some of these posters have been through a lot lately and it is not needed OR appreciated.
edit on 28-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
[mo
why are you arguing with me?....why what purpose does it serve? what point do you prove here.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

just now the global map is updated...you are a Rockstar...no conspiracy there now....have a good night

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Westcoast. Is there a way to go back in history say from the first to current on all the earthquakes in this area?
edit on 28-2-2011 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Robin, there are lawyers all over that sue for "fracking" and waste water injection. That is the only way to stop them.

www.nbrlawfirm.com...

www.water-contamination-from-shale.com...

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join