It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
U of Memphis Geologist On Ark Earthquakes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More links with articles on Arkansas

www.arkansasonline.com...

www.frackcheckwv.net...

www.nytimes.com...

arkansasmatters.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-7-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh, my gosh! The governor of PA was on TV today doing a public service announcement. I saw it twice on two different channels. He was saying to be prepared for disasters! It gave a web address: www.readypa.org. The second listing on the search has a list of contents which includes "Russian". What's up with that??!!! I assume it's the info in Russian, but because I can't read it, I'm guessing. Why no other languages???

There's also a kit tracker. You put in your NAME, e-mail & ZIP CODE so they can send you quarterly reminders to rotate the perishable things in your emergency kit. Did anyone else catch that fishy odor wafting by on the passing breeze??? Why do they need names & zips? The e-mail would be enough! What are they going to do? Confiscate everyones' emergency kits when SHTF??? Very, very strange!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've been checking out the radar. It seems like a big rain is hitting Central Arkansas. Now is a good time to watch the siesmos. The randomness of the quakes has subsided and now the Guy/Greenbrier fault is chiming. Not like before. But it definately is stretching it's legs. No earthquakes in the northeast US. Watch when they come, they'll come in a cluster.

I really think the rain is trigger the quakes. If this hypothesis is to be considered valid, then an increase should take place in the near term, or the other areas could respond.

Whenever I see the seismo look like that I know you guys are getting a storm. Stay safe. Be aware that some earthquakes might be coming.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just wanted to give a update on the earth transient clouds I have been witnessing for most of this year.

On Saturday morning there was a tremendous display of et-1-3 clouds in the Memphis skies.

As there was not another type of cloud present at the time, I found this to be quite extraordinary.

While this type of cloud anomaly has not been proven to predict quakes, they have been spotted and documented all over the world in quake prone areas.

I still can not link off- site data to this page. So if someone could google "earth transient clouds, and post the pictures, then the peeps on this site will know what the heck I am talking about.........Hey, and I will buy you lunch sometime for the trouble.

I feel very uneasy about the very near future, for both Memphis, and St. Louis...............I hope I am wrong

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
P.S..........Southern Mo. had quite a bit of rain in the last 24 hours or so, coupled with 2 or 3 solar flares to effect earth starting tomorrow.........Is this a recipe for seismic trouble?

We shall see.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

The clouds you describe were over the skies of Memphis yesterday, in the afternoon, towards the south. I've seen these clouds earlier in the summer over northern Mississippi as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Colorado just got whalloped with several.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

And there's injection wells in the area. We're discussing it on Quake Watch.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I know my ears are ringing again, it had slowed down a lot even a few days with no major ringing but started back up with Vanatu quakes and the 7.0's. I went to look locally when the quake hit in Co. a little bit ago and it wasn't posted on USGS yet. Robin keep up on getting the word out about the fracking and injection wells.

We got the report from the engineer on our house finally done. It is all earthquake damage and there is a lot of it. It's not normal settlement at all and if we get a another big one I'm going to loose my house and some walls are caving in.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, I take it you've heard about Virgina. It's connected to the swarm and so is the Colorado swarm.

Remember the article on mid-continental quakes. Faults are readjusting.

Stay safe.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For folks just checking in, here's the link to Arkansas Seimic Network. www.geology.ar.gov...
Keep in mind some of the monitors are more sensitive than others, i usually trust the Wooly Hollow one shows the least interference. And dang if it ain't lit up like a Christmas tree!
Just got in from work and my FB page folks from EKY and NC aren't all over this. So naturally I come and check it out.
Also check this out...hisz.rsoe.hu... Zoom in on DC. Hurricane path and 5.9, if that don't get your attention!
Y'all in AR must be rock n' rolling. Every map up so far has activity in AK, CA, CO,WA, PA. Going to pull up GEE and see if I can get some images.

Hang on guys, it's a bumpy ride this afternoon.
edit on 23-8-2011 by SunflowerStar because: Added CO

edit on 23-8-2011 by SunflowerStar because: AR seismo link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I get a 404 error on your link..

And now,Iran too? Oh my.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

When I clicked on it I got the page. I can't explain.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Sorry about that, I got a 404 too. but from favs it opened, lets retry.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

works this time for now
edit on 23-8-2011 by SunflowerStar because: retry link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I really don't know where to begin. There's a bunch of stuff I think is connected. I think this recent episode started with the Colorado swarm. But this really started back during the swarm. The simple answer is the zones are readjusting.

There are a couple of other things I think are related to the Virgina quake. There was an ATS thread about groaning noises in the city Windsor Ont. Apparently they've ruled out the salt mines. So, I have another idea. Also, last week there was a small mid-continental quake that caught my attention in North Mexio. Not long ago Arkansas seismos picked up heavy micor-siemic noise. Most likely tropical waves from the Alantic. Also, it could have been a combintion of that, and the hurricanes off the west coast.

Also, clustering of quakes in the north east.
Isn't it funny how Arkansas has stopped shaking, and adjecent areas start. This is not irrelevant.

I think you all know I'm not really trying to scare monger. But this readjustment will cause other areas to readust as well. LIke people bumping into each other is a crowd.

Hopefully, the next quakes are spread out and smaller.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, you are on to something here! Just to let folks know, there is a thread discussing coincidence and today's country wide activity. If you don't mind I want to link it here, so others can join in that are interested. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Gonna be a busy evening as things unfold and data gets analyzed.
Good to see ya on the boards, guess it was a matter of time till swarms start back up huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Here's a study on news stories and how they are like earthquakes. I like to watch media reaction. I walked away from the computer for an hour after I posted my thoughts on Quake Watch regarding Colorado. When I came back, there were several pages to read through. My nieghbour asked me about Virginia. And when I was talking to my son, after I asked him if he'd heard about quake, he said it took me a lot longer to mention the quake than he thought it would. I first talked about stuff he wanted to. I have priorities. And that's my kids.

www.newscientist.com...

So, I am very interested in everyone's reaction. I think I'll step back and think. At this point, there's too much confusion and too much excitement for anyone to digest what's happened. To me, this was expected and I'm trying to figure out the sequence of events that lead up to this point. So, I'm going to back off and observe.

I have no doubt this is a series of quakes. The swarm started the ball rolling. The 4.7M was the first big one to start the chain reaction. Colorado was next.

I am fearful of the next because it will be bigger and will be near Memphis. I may take weeks or months. But I have no doubt the bigger ones are coming.

Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

What is the likelihood that the New Madrid fault may be triggered by these quakes today?

It is in the middle of the two (Colorado and Virginia)

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join