It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Amazingly when you pull it up, no data available. This is becoming all too common whenever someone posts a link to a governmental information site.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, that was a fairly long pause before we had another 2.5 quake. It just showed up. Will post when listed.

I was extremely quiet until four hours before the larger Japanese aftershocks when some smaller quakes started to appear. The 2.5M came within 3 hours after the waves from the aftershocks stopped showing up on Arkansas webicorders. Just a reference point.

What's the weather been like in Arkansas over the last 10days?

I should also add that since this last 2.5M approx., there are several smaller ones following in quick order.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I've not been outside this morning, so I didn't see it. Hope you made a wish! Seeing them has always meant to me a nice blessing is in the works. I have always thought that double rainbows are a phenomenon that is weather related though, not earthquake related.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
reply to post by ButterCookie

I've not been outside this morning, so I didn't see it. Hope you made a wish! Seeing them has always meant to me a nice blessing is in the works. I have always thought that double rainbows are a phenomenon that is weather related though, not earthquake related.

Cool!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Good Morning, it's been overcast mostly in the mornings, had some rain last week, possibly some this morning, the past few days it has warmed up to the 80's with sunshine in the afternoons, the weatherman in LR this morning said slight chance of patchy showers this morning. I am heading out with another girl in a little bit to do some exploring, we are meeting about 10 am in El Paso. She wants to get some photos as well of some of the sites and knows more about the area and the back roads than I do.

USGS still hasn't posted anything, but I was printing out well and injections sites when we had one a little bit ago. It was a rumble and a small jolt.
edit on 22-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

It was 2.4M. I was .1M off the mark. If nothing else, it means the fault is still active. I know we were all hoping it would keep being quiet, but I know we're all too skeptical to believe it was all over. This doesn't mean things are picking up and the trend is still the same. There is still a diminishing trend. I think.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do you remember when the Blues Brothers said they were on a mission from God?
If I didn't think I was on a similar mission, I would give up writing. And I would stop reading.

My problem is that I've been an information junkie since I was a kid. Even at a young age, I was interested in politics and the bigger issues in life. If it was an "adult" subject, it made me want to understand it even more. I've always had to know what's going on in the world. I've always had to know.

I have no regrets about my focus on the big picture. But it's getting harder and harder to read without getting upset. There is an alarming trend of increasing problems with our civilization. I'm going to focus on Arkansas, because it's leading the trend, and if you understand what's happening in Arkansas, you'll understand the larger problem facing the world. And that's us. It's our demand for energy and material resources. Well, more precisely, the problem is our management of energy and other natural resouces. There are two of these resources at the core of the crisis. Oil and water.

Take for example, my morning email alerts. I have one set for Arkansas. Read the following, then I'll expand the theme and you'll understand my concerns.

www.businessweek.com...

I know it is a brief note, and it seems relatively minor. So, why did this simple report send me off the deep-end?

It's because you have to think about this situation in a different sceranio. Notice the fish kill.
What would happening is this levee was part of a evaporating pool at a fracking site?

It would poison the water. You would have "unknown" chemicals in the Arkansas watershed. I can't tell you what's in the fracking water because it's a "trade-secret". That is changing slowly.

Here's my deeper concern. You can pollute a creek or river, but luckily, the water flow will correct the problem over time. Surface waters are in a dramatic cycle. The sun and bacteria help the filtering process. My deep dark fear is the aquifer. The groundwater.

What happens when fracking contaminates the groundwater?
Well, maybe that's a moot point.
Because it's probably already happening.

So think of it on a larger scale. What's going to happen when an earthquake allows the injected waste water to find a way into the aquifer?

There are many human activities happening deep within the crust of Arkansas.
Mining.
Convential drilling.
Fracking.
Waste water injection.
Carbon Capture injection.
And don't forget water wells used in farmland irrigation, and in munisipal water systems.
I don't have any hard proof that the army has injected chemical weapons in the crust.
But I'm sure it's out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Robin.....have you looked at the seismos today? It seems like EVERY station is going nuts! Would all that be from the Japan aftershocks? Check it out aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm just got the photos off my camera and posted in my stuff here. I can only say that I am completely disgusted and just want to cry with what I found in the two roads I took, well 3 actually. You don't have to go very far to see the extent of the wells and sites. It helped having someone with me that knew the area a lot more than I do. You can hear some of the pumps working from the road. They are starting new pads all over the place, you only have to go 1/4 mile and find another site. Most of the gates are fenced and locked. There are water catch ponds everywhere for them to catch rain water in to use, which will also add to the depletion of the natural aquifers and water supply for the area. Back roads have fresh new gravel to ease the trucks passage to some of the sites. The number of trucks on Hwy 5 is horrible, water trucks, fracking chemicals, gravel trucks etc...the list goes on. I haven't posted all the photos, but most of them so you could get an ideal of what is actually happening here. Beebe is 16 miles with Cal-Frac located there and the Arkansas Reclamation Company recycling just down the road on Hwy 64. I didn't know what I thought to be a water purification/treatment plant was for recycling with these wells, but that is it's purpose.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes that's Japan moving. The three major quakes were along the fault, so this was a major slipping of the plates. It's like two vehicles in a head-on crash where one car is riding up ontop of the other. Like a truck driving over top of a Corvette. The massive crash in Japan is being felt all over the world.

Yesterday it was the first real quiet day in a long time. Then Japan moved. And look now. Arkansas is moving.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just had a good-sized jolt

================
edit to add info:

Location is surprising.. further south of Greenbrier

Magnitude 3.3
Date-Time

* Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 19:56:04 UTC
* Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 02:56:04 PM at epicenter

Location 35.183°N, 92.400°W
Depth 3.1 km (1.9 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances

* 5 km (3 miles) ESE (111°) from Wooster, AR
* 5 km (3 miles) S (191°) from Greenbrier, AR
* 11 km (7 miles) WNW (285°) from Holland, AR
* 12 km (7 miles) NNE (25°) from Conway, AR
* 50 km (31 miles) N (353°) from Little Rock, AR
* 428 km (266 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.8 km (1.1 miles); depth +/- 9.4 km (5.8 miles)
edit on 22-3-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I'm sorry to make you sad. I admit I am pushing you forward. I am wanting you to look and investigate. I knew what you'd find. But I don't regret my influence, and I don't feel guitly about my motivations. You needed to know.

And so does everyone else. It's right there before our eyes yet we can not see it because we so much industrialization we are oblivious to many of the purposes behind the constructions. There's far too much out there that we all are forced to tune out. I can't. Tried. Failed. I see it. There, here, pretty much everywhere I look.

Maybe that's why I stare at the moon so much. It rarely changes outside the lunar phases.

I want you to march at a steady pace. Not double-time. I'm glad you had a guide to help you investigate. Try to get as many people to follow you when you go to speak. Bring a posse. Just a suggestion. Take a trip to Enola and go talking to people.

If everyone in Arkansas was like you, I'm sure this insane practise would stop immediately. But here's the problem. You noticed the trend. You saw how the site were popping up everywhere like poison mushrooms. Fracking on this scale is a new phenomenon. If nothing is done, you are seeing your future. This is the US's policy to become energy independant. It's not going to work. You need to help them realize there needs to be a course correction real soon. This cannot continue.

I'm sorry to turn you into a soldier. But you live on the front-line.
Fight to stay in Arkansas. If they don't listen and the state is resigned to thier fate. Then retreat.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
[more

3.3 jolted the house

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yes, it looks about 3M. Just guessing though. Haven't really looked closely. I'l update on this post when it's on the USGS list. If this is the main quake in the cluster, then it is still following the trend. Before the clusters were marked with two 3.5M approx. quakes amid the smaller ones. When I look at these events I'm not suggesting anything other than the trend. I'll just focus on the changes, that's the important part in my opinion.

Wow, you guys are fast. I just finished writing post and you've already posted the quake.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just finished saying that I would focus on the changes, and low and behold, that 3.3M was different. It's location is far to the south of the main fault. Maybe they've goofed on location. But it was reviewed. This change is not the only one. There was a quake before the calm that was far to the northeast.

This doesn't fit the pattern.
This is a change.
Change=change.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Is anyone else local going to the capital tomorrow to protest?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A couple the other day were also more southerly than the norm. I wonder if Scott Ausbrook is rethinking the length of the fault line about now. I think I'm sitting directly on top of the darn thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Kathy are you shaking and rattling up there, I have felt two in the last 15 minutes or so.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Kathy are you shaking and rattling up there, I have felt two in the last 15 minutes or so.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I need to make a correction. The have changed to location of the 3.3M earthquake. It's not to the far south. I thought that was odd and suspected a mistake. So, there is no major differences yet.

I want to post something about a mystery oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico. I think it's topical because it describes how high the Mississippi River is right now. Which means the lands adjacent to the river are full of water.
It also shows that the pollution didn't end when the capped the well. Pollution is ongoing and never ceasing.

www.nola.com...

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join