It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
I got a call a little earlier and more good news. A movie producer is coming to town this coming Sat to do interviews about the drilling and the quakes. My name is on the list for him to call along with many others.

Awesome News!
Knock Their Socks Off Girl.

So much has come to light for me since Robin started this thread.
Robin Marks is an Unsung Hero.
You, Robin and so many others here are Unsung Heroes.
So much informatin has been brought to the light by so many people in this thread.

But.... a quote from Agarta says it all.
"As long as they are raping the earth without regard for life and safety it ain't over. We still got a lot of work ahead of us"

Carry On. Fighting the Good Fight and please don't forget to stop and thank God for our Freedom of Speech.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is going to be like a laundry list. I'm going to go off in all directions, and following this I need to make a correction in my main hypothesis.

I looked into the Caroliana quakes, there was nothing that jumped out at me. Except it would be a nice place to visit. There are many little faults in the uplift near the epicenter.

I tried the compass experiment. Oh, I don't live in Arkansas in case anyone is wondering. I live near Winnipeg, Canada. This excerise only frustrated me because I remember my compass, which wasn't a "cheap one", was made in China and it doesn't work properly in the first place. I could rant about this, but all it means is that I must remember to invest in a precise compass.

Susan! Great news. I'll try to think of some things that you may want to tell the filmakers.

I still haven't time to go through the entire bibliography. Don't forget to look it over and you will find many links for information about the serious concerns raised here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words.
But I am all too human to let your praises go to my head.
I'll prove my point by confessing I made a mistake. I hate being wrong. The reason I started this thread was because I needed to convey a truth. My search for the truth led you all to come here. So I cannot deny the truth and my admit when I've been wrong. You need the whole truth to have a balance and be truly informed.

The Fish Kill.

I have stated that my interest started with the swarm and then I became extremely curious when the birds died. When the fish died I tied this into my hypotesis. I claimed it was a gas rupture that killed the fish. Susan provided a news article that concluded it was from a spillway opened and made the water too gassy and this filled the fish's air bladders. At first, I turned my head away and said, "no-way". And in fact put it partially out of my mind because I didn't want to investigate because I would be having to claim a conspiracy. And look up a bunch of sites to find out it a gas rupture could kill the fish in the same manner. It seemed like too much work and I wanted to rely on being right, and nothing the officals would say, could change this.

But it bugged me and bugged me. I kept wanting to attack the report and show it was bunk. And I must confess I didn't want to be proven wrong and then have to admit it. So, why not cheat. Just let the report pass and not focus on it. Ug, ug. No, I can't do that. It finally pertubed me. Even though I was in denial. The debate raged in my head. Chemistry isn't my strong suit. Crud. I finally thought that if this happened the way the officials said it happened, there must be evidence of other times this has happened. If I found nothing, the I would have to search deeper and investigate their claims.

Crud. I found evidence that indeed you can kill fish with a spillway. So, I'm wrong. I said it. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Wrong.

Ok, but I'm stubborn. And I had a point. The fish kill wasn't exactly normal. The spillway is manmade and this killed the fish. What I found to prove the officials claims was a report from back in the 1970's. It demonstrated how a swillway forced oxygen rich water down to the bottom where fish were trapped in the bad air zone.

But what I realized is that this is a known design problem. And yet the Arkansas spillway hasn't changed their bad design. So, the fish kill wasn't natural, that's what I assumed, but it was not tied into the birds or earthquakes.

Here's the report on the other similiar fish kill.

oai.dtic.mil...

I just want you all to know that everything I've said here is my honest opinion. Sometimes I am over-confident in my deductions. But I will always test my hypothesis. Because I know I am right about the cause of the Arkansas swarm. The evidence proves this.

The difference between me and Scott Ausbrooks. I accept new information and will change my story.
He never has.

Except to say the fault is twice as long as once thought. And he changed the maximum magnitude to 6M.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Take it easy on yourself and maybe keep in mind the wise words of Socrates:

"What kind of person am I? I'm happy to have a mistaken idea of mine proved wrong, and I'm happy to prove someone else's mistaken ideas wrong, I'm certainly not less happy if I'm proved wrong than if I've proved someone else wrong, because, as I see it, I've got the best of it: there's nothing worse than the state which I've been saved from, so that's better for me than saving someone else. You see, there's nothing worse for a person, in my opinion, that holding mistaken views about a matter we're discussing at the moment" (Gorgias 458a)6.

In Socrates view of the world, being set free from a false opinion helps one to escape a great evil, well that's how he views it anyway. I just say it's okay to be wrong in search of the truth......

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

OK......I have not said a word off this to anyone around me because I was afraid they would think I'm crazy.....but I am feeling that way to. I'm in Louisiana though. All this week I have just felt dizzy and off kilter. Almost like standing up in a boat, but more subtle......kind of a "funhouse effect" I know there are places on Earth where this phenomenon occurs, but I have never experienced it, and I have lived here more or less my whole life. It's really odd....I thought I was getting sick...maybe I am, but I don't FEEL sick.
edit on 20-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Stealth, I think you may need to start monitoring the gulf again...........You and Ektar did a great job........They can't seem to find the source for the new oil spill...........I think these quakes are all connected and I am almost 99# sure we will see this oil coming from the sea floor cracks.......

I think all of these quakes are tied together and the Gulf is definately feeling the release.......

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good to see you too! I agree....but it's so frustrating because there is just no news....back on topic, I agree about the quakes too. I;ll be keeping my eye on it, and if I find anything I'll post it

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Magnitude
Date-Time
Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:36:17 UTC
Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 05:36:17 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
4 km (2.5 miles)
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
4 km (3 miles) WSW (249°) from Quitman, AR
8 km (5 miles) NE (54°) from Guy, AR
14 km (8 miles) E (89°) from Damascus, AR
36 km (22 miles) NNE (29°) from Conway, AR
71 km (44 miles) N (5°) from Little Rock, AR
404 km (251 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 1 km (0.6 miles); depth +/- 1.4 km (0.9 miles)
Parameters
NST= 10, Nph= 16, Dmin=5 km, Rmss=0.13 sec, Gp=112°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID
nm032011c

Moving NorthEast?

This needs to QUIT MAN

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Resource Bibliography for Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epic,

The update is here! New categories for Quartz and Earthquake Clouds added, thanks for the resources, awesome work. Pages 1-200!!!

If you are fairly new to our discussion threads and would like a breakdown of the resources we have cited so far use the link above. If you add to discussion please use links even if you embed great graphics, so they can be resourced in the masterlist.

Stay with us folks we got the waning moon to look forward to.
Get rested and refocus, we need to KEEP DRIVING FORWARD. Others use this site as reference and evidence.

Your friend in threads....

edit on 20-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You are correct. That is way off the main faultline and to the north. And if you look at the map the epicenter is surrounded by fracking wells. Something to keep an eye on because more of these off center quakes will mean something has changed.

Just when you think you can relax, something new gets thrown in the mix. Keep watching the locations, sometimes I forget. I am trying to back off a bit. But stuff happens.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has been paying attention to this thread concerning compass anomalies. Several of the members experiencing this are from the Arkansas area.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have been following the compass thread and someone posted something I found interesting.

The6thSUN

Mood: Predictable
Member was on ATS
24 minutes ago.

P 7 F 0 S 4
W 0.04 K 11

o go to profile
o add as friend
o make rival
o view posts
o view threads
o posts in thread
o send message
o ALERT!

give this post a star
posted on 20-3-2011 @ 11:39 PM this post
Southeast Missouri.

I use a compass in my work for wireless antenna alignment.
I also use the elevation portion for LOS from greater distances.

East is about 5* off.
But what is stranger is the fact that my elevation is about 30' off ...

signature:
"God sleeps in the rocks stirs in the plants dreams in the animals
and finaly awakens in man." -Famous Vedic Quote-

I know I copy/pasted the whole thing but I wanted to get his location.
The statement I found interesting was the last line:
"But what is stranger is the fact that my elevation is about 30' off ..."

Has anyone else in the area noticed a change of elevation?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Agarta because: Link added

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It is obvious that Scott Ausbrooks doesn't mind gambling. He would rather put the families of Arkansas in danger rather than point out the obvious. He was ready to wait another 6 months of continued injection by the Guy and Greenbrier sites. And he's still willing to roll the dice because he hasn't raised concerns that the other injection wells throughtout the state that may cause another fault to develop. Nope. He's just going to sit back and watch the siesmographs dance. And wonder about the cause.

I stopped my wonderment long ago. The cause was obvious and to deny it means you are a danger. A danger to the people of Arkansas. Ridiculous. No, it's more than that. It's immoral and criminal. If the injection had continued, and the fault had ruptured causing a 6M earthquake. It would be manslaughter. Criminal negligence causing death.

Robin, I feel your deep passion in your posts. My blood pressure has been raised and tested a few times on another forum due to the dissonance of some debunkers. I just posted some famous Orwell quotes over there. Perhaps they're applicable to this grave situation, as well. Carry on, brave patriot!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by ur44lois

OK......I have not said a word off this to anyone around me because I was afraid they would think I'm crazy.....but I am feeling that way to. I'm in Louisiana though. All this week I have just felt dizzy and off kilter. Almost like standing up in a boat, but more subtle......kind of a "funhouse effect" I know there are places on Earth where this phenomenon occurs, but I have never experienced it, and I have lived here more or less my whole life. It's really odd....I thought I was getting sick...maybe I am, but I don't FEEL sick.
edit on 20-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: spelling

I haven't been on this thread for several days, and something has been bugging me regarding all the complaints about physical symptoms so many here are experiencing on a frequent basis. I've had some serious hesitation on whether or not I should mention a theory regarding that matter. Some may think I'm trying to go off topic, but actually I'm just trying to see if/where some more dots fit into the overall picture of what's occurring. So, I'm going to ask you if you have any GWEN or ELF towers nearby. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's some examples

Since last summer, there's been an awareness on my part of a host of ELF towers that cropped up in my immediate surroundings....as well as a lot of "unexplainable" malaise on a frequent basis. Also, over the past 2 years, I'd noticed many, many GWEN towers on the outskirts of the city, which bugged me in that I didn't know what they were for and theorized they must be guides for aircraft. But in my mind that really didn't add up because a lot of those towers are located outside of commercial and military airspace. After finally identifying what all these towers actually are, and repeatedly finding info that infers they can/are being used for nefarious purposes, I'm not scratching my head so much. Whadda ya think? Am I going in an "off direction?" And yes, I'm in a (recently active) seismic zone.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone have any info on the possible oil slick in the gulf. I can't seem to find anything. Last report I heard was that a Coast Guard cutter was on the way to the scene of a 20 mile slick near the Event Horizon site.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickinLouisville
Anyone have any info on the possible oil slick in the gulf. I can't seem to find anything. Last report I heard was that a Coast Guard cutter was on the way to the scene of a 20 mile slick near the Event Horizon site.

Hi PatrickinLouisville,

I actually created a thread about that the other day. We are trying to stay up to date over there with current findings and news articles about it. You might wanna head over and see what's been going on.

ATS Thread - New Oil Spill Reported...

ETA: An ATS member "Pharyax" posted this article in my above mentioned thread that is very curious to me. It's simply amazing how this world of ours is so connected.

Officials: Japan Quake Jolted South Florida Water Tables

edit on 21-3-2011 by UtahRosebud because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Finally got this response back from anyone regarding the earthquakes.

Ms. Frey,

Scott Ausbrooks asked that I send you information to address your inquiry on the recent earthquakes that have occurred in north-central Arkansas.

As you are probably aware, a magnitude 4.7 earthquake occurred near the town of Greenbrier in Faulkner County on Sunday night February 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM CST. The main shock was followed by magnitude 3.8 and 3.6 aftershocks at 11:18 PM and 2:46 AM. The 4.7 main shock was the largest earthquake to date, in the continuing earthquake swarm in the Guy-Greenbrier area known as the Guy earthquake swarm. This swarm includes thousands of small earthquakes that have been occurring since September, 2010 and most have been too small to be felt. However, at least 98 of the events have been strong enough to be felt. The magnitude 4.7 earthquake was felt over a very large area that includes most of Arkansas and parts of Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee and Mississippi. In fact, over 7000 felt reports were received by the USGS via its "Did You Feel It?" (DYFI) Website.

Central Arkansas has a history of earthquake activity with a swarm of thousands of earthquakes smaller than magnitude 4.5 in the early 1980's and another swarm in 2001 (known as the Enola earthquake swarms), so the current earthquake rate increase may simply be due to a natural cycle. Researchers at the Arkansas Geological Survey (AGS) have partnered with the researchers at the University of Memphis, Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI) to investigate the source of these earthquakes and whether they are naturally occurring or related to waste-water disposal wells associated with the Fayetteville Shale Natural Gas Play.

The Guy earthquake swarm has migrated from the northeast near Guy to the southwest near Greenbrier and now forms a distinct 12 to 14 kilometer long linear trend. The linear trend of the earthquakes is now about twice the October 2010 length and it has been concluded that the trend delineates a previously unknown fault. This fault is currently being referred to as the Guy-Greenbrier Fault. It should be noted that the Guy swarm earthquake activity is not associated with the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ) which extends from southern Illinois into northeast Arkansas. The town of Marked Tree, Arkansas in Poinsett County is considered the southern terminus of the NMSZ.

There are currently no seismic monitoring stations in Vilonia, however, the AGS and CERI have deployed a local seismic array in the Greenbrier-Enola area to augment regional seismic stations and carefully monitor this situation. In addition, we are planning to deploy additional seismic monitoring stations near Greenbrier which will allow us to continue to closely monitor the seismic activity as it migrates to the southwest.

In response your inquiry regarding earthquake drills in schools, we also feel that teaching earthquake awareness and preparedness is extremely important. In fact, myself and Ms. Renee Preslar, Public Information Officer at the Arkansas Department Of Emergency Management (ADEM), gave an earthquake information and preparedness presentation last April at the Vilonia Middle School and we would be more than happy to return for another session.

I hope that this is the information you are needing and I apologize for the delay in responding. Please let me know if you have any questions or I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

David

David H. Johnston, P.G.
Earthquake Geologist

Arkansas Geological Survey
3815 West Roosevelt Road
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204

Main: (501) 296-1877
Office: (501) 683-0126
[email protected]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

So my question is, what exactly did you ask them? It doesn't seem like they have told us anything that we didn't already know.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

I think this was from one of the first times I emailed them and I really don't remember what I asked. It took them this long to get back to me and they even admit the delay in the response. I did just email him back and let them know again that we would be willing to have a monitor put on our property and I had also sent emails to the USGS asking about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Well let me go slightly off topic and tell you how my tests ended last week. I spent 5 day in the hospital under visual observation. I didn't have one single episode that was anywhere near as bad as they are at home. The doctors found slowing of my left temporal lobe, which is associated with post seizure activity, but they never found the actual seizure. I since the night of our 4.0 quake, I have had frequent 'incidents' where my eyes do really weird things.To me, they feel like little earthquakes are going off in them. My husband says they just dart around like I'm looking around really fast. My vision just looks a bit shaky to me. I was telling the doctor this, and he asked how I knew what an earthquake felt like. I explained to him where I live and how often we have small quakes here and his facial expression went weird. He started asking about natural gas and my neighbors and if anyone else has been sick around here. I asked the woman who lives behind me, who said that the woman who lives behind her has been having seizures, and they think they are caused by her medications. My doctor also pointed out a few things. I may be having seizures that are deep in the brain, and that wouldn't normally cause much problems for the average person. He said, I may be "a sensitive" and that's why they give me trouble,and would also explain why I feel the earthquakes that most people don't. He also said that the earthquakes could be making me more sensitive to the seizure activity, or vice versa. He also mentioned the possibility of some sort of chemical vapors causing me problems. He said that the problems are real, and verified by his studies. We just can't find the source. After spending 5 day in the hospital, I was able to come home and spend the weekend painting my house and doing yard work. I'm afraid that it might be the area making me so sick, just like the doctor seemed to suspect. He ended with "your location probably has nothing to do with it, but just in case it does, ask around." I did find out something interesting from the person behind me. She babysits her grandkids on a daily basis. They practically live with her, and actually only live just down the road from us. One of her grandkids has brain cancer, and has had suspected seizures in the past, but that's to be expected. But, a different grandchild has also had what looked like seizures. The little girl totally blacked out and 911 had to be called. By the time the paramedics got there the girl was awake and okay. The paramedics said the kid probably just got too hot and was fine, but after talking with me, she said if it happens again she's taking her to children's hospital. So, if anyone else around here starts having any possible seizure activity, or knows of anyone with possible activity, please let me know. If it's caused by the fracking, surely more people will be affected. The doctor did mention that the earthquakes could be releasing toxic vapors and that could be what's making me sick. Also, please know that not all seizures involve falling down and shaking. In children, they can often look like screaming fits, but if you notice you won't usually get eye contact from them. 'Losing time' is another symptom, where all of a sudden things/people/animals have moved a great distance, but you never saw it or whatever. Staring into nothing is also a type of seizures. Bottom line, if people notice strange behavior, please do a bit of research and make sure it's not seizure activity. God forbid my doctor be onto something and the people of Greenbrier really are being poisoned with each new earthquake.

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join