It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

rocking and rolling here too. And now my birds (all 7!) are squaking 5 seconds before the wiggle hits. They haven`t done that since the 4.1 and 4.7.
my dogs have refused to lay on the ground today,too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Kathy are you shaking and rattling up there, I have felt two in the last 15 minutes or so.

There are frequent bumps and movement, but not what I would call shaking or rattling. Know how it feels when you're sitting in the theater and someone bumps your seatback? it's that kind of bump.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There's been about 12 earthquakes in the range of 2.0M-3.3M over the last in the last five hours or so. It's been very busy, and still thinking this is part of a cluster. There may be one more in the 3.3M range. If there is much bigger quake, or an ever increasing frequency of quakes in the 2.5M range, then I will give myself permission to get concerned. I don't want to get anxious because it will interfere with judgement.

Susan, now may be a good time to set up your camera. I hope you can just let it run and then edit it after you get a reaction. If you have a compass, put it near the plumb. I know you orient your ruler to north. But I'd just like to see it there. I'm just curious if a compass would move or react. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I'm starting to think there is somethin to those two rainbows this morning in the Memphis skyline.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 22:02:19 UTC
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 05:02:19 PM at epicenter
Depth
5.6 km (3.5 miles)
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
2 km (1 miles) NNE (31°) from Greenbrier, AR
9 km (5 miles) NE (54°) from Wooster, AR
9 km (6 miles) SSE (151°) from Twin Groves, AR
57 km (35 miles) N (356°) from Little Rock, AR
421 km (262 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.9 km (0.6 miles); depth +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles)
Parameters
NST= 9, Nph= 14, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.09 sec, Gp=126°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID
nm032211k

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have it back on the tripod and ready to shoot Robin, have to go find one of hubby's compasses in his hunting gear if I can. I ran up to the grocery store and while I was in there I felt another small quake. I was near the frozen foods and the cabinet that holds the seafood was shaking along with a few other items on that isle, of course it was the pickle, salad dressing etc isle. But it was jiggling enough to catch my attention easily. It didn't last but for 5 or 10 seconds and I hurried up and out. It's not anything big yet, but I don't like it and I am getting little bit of an uneasy feeling about things again. Trying to let it go but my headache is back.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Was hoping things would calm down but as I just read
it appears that isn't the case. I will keep my eye on the
thread for updates and hope nothing larger occurs.
Thanks all for keeping this thread going, I have been
here each day even tho I haven't posted much.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... Old Faithful Yellowstone, author is robertauthor.
He provided this link quake.utah.edu...

Wow thats activity, whats it mean?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I've been watching Yellowstone. That's a technical problem on the YFT station. Checking the others there is nothing showing up. There has been a tiny bit of activity at Yellowstone. But it's nothing compare with the recent Arkansas activity. Although it's slowed down at present. It figures- I just told Susan to start the camera and it slows.

Looking at Yellowstone again, it's probably a snowplow.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up and clarification. I knew you'd be able to make sense of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Just to add. I usually have some sort of link that proves my point. I went back and found this news report.

www.kbzk.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a pretty good jolt just a minute ago
===========================

felt stronger than it looks on IRIS
edit on 22-3-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yeah I heard a little rumble and turned the camera on to record but it's not showing anything. Letting it just run for a while to see if anything gets going again. I thought it was getting quiet again.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ohhhhh Yikes. The ringing in my ears suddenly went to a loud low roar and it hurt. Is anyone else feeling anything like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Arkansas State Capitol 9:30 AM....Be there if you like being able to drink water out of your tap and support those who can't do so anymore because of the chemicals in their water....We need as many people as possible!!! Please share... and please come..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Where in memphis did you see these cloud anomalies ?

For I have been noticing strange cloud formations for the last 4 days. I work outside, so I litterally look every 5 min. I am the one who saw the rainbow anomaly on 3/11/11 and have been quite paranoid ever since....Hollar back................Sorry, had to edit spelling error.

edit on 22-3-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...#!/home.php?sk=group_104993206247764&view=doc&id=112500178830400

Alyssa stirred the pot tonight and posted the twitter conversation on facebook

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here is a pod cast from NZ.,

podcast.radionz.co.nz...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Oh, Utahrose, I was going to post the Florida watertable story. You beat me. You obviously understand the bigger picture. I have done a fair amount of study when it comes to geology. It seems like they're missing a big part of the equation when they fail to understand the importance of water. Well, not exactly. I've read their studies on water events as well, and there's tons. Giant glacial dambursts are some of my favorite examples. But the focus still seems to be on the rocks. If you study what happens underneath glaciers, you'll find channels of super-cooled waters that cut through ice and rock. Water can act like a cutting torch. Geologists seem to focus on the faults and the layers of rock. But these are really stagnant. What drives the whole process is the liquids. The magma within trying to makes it way out. And the water on the surface always trying to find the lowest and deepest place to travel. It's fluid dynamics. When you look at it that way, the rock becomes the least fascinating and the slowest dynamic of it all. I think they're looking through the telescope from the wrong direction.

Interesting that you brought that up. I always had a theory that the Mississippi River and part of the Ohio river are the actual New Madrid fault line. Scientists always comment on how there is no visible fault line at the surface of the New Madrid as there is on the San Andreas fault and this is due to liquifaction and other theories. Maps will show the New Madrid running parallel to the river most of the time. If you look at aerial photos of the San Andres fault, it looks like a big empty river. Hense "it never rains in southern California". The San Andreas is filled with water in Northern California where it rains more often, and looks like a big river.
The Mississippi and Ohio rivers were carved by the glacier. Just interesting
Also did anyone else notice on the usgs map; little earthquakes straight across the US from TX to Arkansas to Alabama and So. Carolina? Maybe they are driving to other states to dispose of the frack water ?
Poor Memphis, is caught between a rock and a hard place.

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join