It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

We are still fighting the battle and it's not over. Tomorrow is Lobby Day at the capital bldg in Little RockThe Lobby Day Agenda:

9:00am Continental Breakfast and Legislative Review
At the Arkansas Education Association building (1500 W. 4th St.)

10:00am Attend committee hearings of the legislature

11:30am Lunch with your legislators. Get to know your legislators and let them know what issues are important to you!
Arkansas Education Association building

12:45pm Press Conference: Develop Natural Gas Responsibly – Capitol Rotunda

1:00pm Photo with the Governor – Governor’s Conference Rm, Capitol, 2nd Fl

1:30pm Attend the meetings of the Arkansas House and Senate. Another chance to visit with your legislators - make sure they know what you think about the issues.

2:30pm Adjourn

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Off-topic, but I have the worst feeling...I have for weeks now. I feel like the world is going to end. Maybe not end, but I have the weirdest feeling that something huge is about to happen that will change the earth. I know that I sound nuts, LOL, but I feel as if something bad is about to happen. Does anyone else get this feeling? I go outside and look around and feel as if it will all be extremely different soon. I'm 20, take me to the crazy house if you want, but something's going on with our world...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just came across this article.

yourweatherblog.com...

Just found the link for the radio show.

www.syzygyjob.com...

deepblue.lib.umich.edu...

www.mysaline.com...

edit on 15-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

You wouldn't be human if you weren't feeling what you are feeling. I understand anxiety. There are many reason to feel this way. Some are based on the obvious crisis at hand. And others are due to the complex nature of our modern world. The world is changing. But that's the norm.

It is easy to understand your feelings, because you are not alone. Millions of Japanese are terrified. In British Columbia, Canada, stores are sold out of anti-radiation medicine. The entire world is on edge. If you're not stressed by this, and in your case, the events at home, then you should get some professional help.

But it's obvious you're hitting your limit if you're feeling this way. I've feel that way a few times in recent weeks. I had to step back. You need to do the same. Forget about it for awhile. And you can prepare as best you can, and then do something different. You need a break. If you are feeling like your unable to cope with these feelings, and it appears you are reaching out because you are in doubt, then seek out some councilling. I'm getting help, and it helps. And I'm stubborn and hard to deal with. If they can get through to me, I'm certain someone can comfort you. Friends, family, and if you're not comfortable talking with them, they're are crisis numbers you can call, or see your doctor. You're doing the right thing by expressing your fears. That's the first step. Now you must take steps to manage it and learn from it.

Don't let your fears rule you, accept them and determine to confront them. Fears are like bullies, they often back down when you stand up to them.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Oh, Susan, I was way off, I was keeping up with the thread for so long and came on now and then. So Sorry, ya 'll are on the ball. That will teach me to jump in and out of a thread. I am in Sheridan, and if I can make it I will. I have had no birds etc, and driving everyone crazy about it, no squirrels either. We can't let these gas companies back us down. Go Girl.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OK That rumble lasted about 25 or 30 seconds and rattled windows and doors again

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Susan it seems your last rumble was right after a 6.0 in Japan.

MAP 6.0 2011/03/16 03:52:06 35.795 140.804 25.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11
Off-topic, but I have the worst feeling...I have for weeks now. I feel like the world is going to end. Maybe not end, but I have the weirdest feeling that something huge is about to happen that will change the earth. I know that I sound nuts, LOL, but I feel as if something bad is about to happen. Does anyone else get this feeling? I go outside and look around and feel as if it will all be extremely different soon. I'm 20, take me to the crazy house if you want, but something's going on with our world...

I have a bad feeling too. Not neccissarily that the world will end.....but that that there is something very terrible going on with the earth right now. I have been reading this thread since the beginning. Something in my gut tells me I need to watch this thread...that it contains wisdom, insight and truth. Please read through the rest of this post as I explain why I feel this is somehow related to the Arkansas earthquakes.

For me the feeling began Dec 30, 2010 when we experienced an earthquake here in Indiana.
I immediately reported it to USGS as it was not yet showing. Then it showed up about 10 min later. It was initially listed as a 4.2 then they later changed it to a 3.8.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I live near the epicenter of that Indiana earthquake. When the earthquake occurred, it was immediately preceded by a very loud boom that shook the house. At first I thought something hit the house or that something in my house exploded. Then the ground began to rumble, then shake. Our daughters were upstairs and the 2nd story of our house was swaying....she fell down twice trying to get her balance as she ran to our room. Picture frames were crooked and things rattled but nothing broke. I cannot get out of my mind how odd that boom was. I immediately wondered if it was caused by some explosion under ground. Interestingly, we live very close to one of the largest gas fields in Indiana, the Trenton Gas Field. en.wikipedia.org... I knew about the gas fields, as we know a local family who has been in the natural gas business for decades.

Then on Jan 1 all the reports rolled in about the birds dropping dead in Arkansas. Like you, Robin, I have been watching Arkansas since that moment. My jaw dropped. I told my husband something was very wrong. I began researching over the next several weeks and my attention was drawn to the animal deaths all over the earth and the earthquakes. Then I found this thread and became very upset about what the gas companies were doing in Arkansas. I do believe the fracking set off/made worse these Arkansas earthquake swarms. The New Madrid is waking up.

So naturally, as I read about the fracking in Arkansas, it was a big concern to me as I wondered if they were also Fracking here in Indiana. So far, I have not been able to discover any evidence of Fracking in Indiana. I did however, find a few links where other people are wondering the same thing....why did an earthquake happen here in this rare location? :
ssgreenberg.name...
www.wthr.com...

Believe me, having recently experienced the Dec 30 Indiana quake in an area that had never before ever recorded an earthquake (as epicenter), I have reason to be concerned. Even though I am in Indiana, we are in the area that will be effected by the New Madrid quake when it goes off. The Wabash Fault is in southern Indiana near the New Madrid. Now the "Guy Arkansas" fault is extremely active. It is almost impossible to watch all the reports of the Japan earthquake without realizing that we in central US....are very possibly in trouble too. Just my opinion and my gut feeling.

Hundreds of earthquakes in Arkansas. An earthquake in Indiana in a rare location. Then the New Zealand earthquake....and now the Japan earthquake??? Something is definitely not right.

By the way, I think it's great that some of the local posters of this thread have contacted USGS and are getting seizmographs installed. Not only will there be first hand eye witness reports of activity, but there will also be scientific measurements to 'prove' these reports are true. Thank you so much for your dedication and willingness to get involved.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Hope4Good because: correcting typo/date

Mod Edit: Removal of personal information as requested.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It woke me up and I feel extremely nauseous, thing is I'm not a puker and rarely feel nauseous.I just had to come look and see if anything was going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm completely stumped. There is nothing showing locally in Arkansas. Yes, there was another large quake in Japan. I may have to go before you answer, did you get the exact time that you felt the rumble?

I wish the USGS would put a siesmograph in your garage. I wonder how much it would be to buy one.

I wouldn't be saying this if I really didn't think it was true, or at least credible. For some reason, you guys in Arkansas are feeling the siesmic waves from Japan. I don't want to believe it. But, now that there is no local quakes, there is no competing explaination. The waves from Japan showed up. Slower than the theortical P wave model.

I'm shrugging my shoulders. This shouldn't be happening.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Maybe you can get back to sleep. I am about to head that way myself and hope that I sleep tonight. GEE is a mess and you can't tell anything. Robin and CrazyDaisy both say it's nothing and from Japan. I'm confused too another one just now at 11:57, only light window shake and lasted 5 to 10 seconds.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

What would make them slower. After I posted and crazydaisy answered, it popped up a 5.3 in Japan on my notifier on the browser.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I started a thread here the other day pertaining to the 85 tons of poisoned sardines in California that had high levels of neurotoxins. The upsetting part is that they are going to be used for food fertilizer! Will there be any end to all this insanity?!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Did you know that "duck and cover" can KILL you? Learn about the "Triangle of Life" for surviving an earthquake. NOW. Before it's too late. Godspeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Good thread.

Been thru all the Christchurch earthquakes, including being in my shop on the day of Feb 22nd. I've certainly now taken an interest in all these global earthquakes that seem to be ramping UP!

You all might find this article of interest, that recently caught my attention, suggesting that there are some very unusal coincidences, relating to the Feb 22nd 6.3 devastating quake: 8 Coincidences

Personally I haven't bought into the whole 'newly discovered 16,000 year old fault lines' to justify the Sept 4th and Feb 22nd quakes here!
edit on 16-3-2011 by SpaceJockey because: error fix

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I believe that a Jim Berkland was mentioned earlier.

Take a look at the 5th post down on this page. Uncanny

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

and I thought I was the only one...broke out in hives about 5:50 PM yesterday. Unusual anxiety, ear problems, weird headache. I am using homeopathics for pain, which help. Lousy sleep.
This AM extremely loggy and with ears popping, sinus issues. Very unusual feelings-not like an infection.

I live a mile from the river and this morning officials are admitting there will be floods-soon. I am not near the flood areas and up high BUT maybe all the water and the tides pulling it around is causing a general feeling of yuck?

And look at all the quakes-incl Montana, Washington state, and Arkansas. Now North Carolina. Luckily my brother in law lives close to there. If there is fracking he will know.

edit on 3/16/2011 by katfish because: info

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
Did you know that "duck and cover" can KILL you? Learn about the "Triangle of Life" for surviving an earthquake. NOW. Before it's too late. Godspeed.

I too had posted that "Triangle of Life" information in a thread somewhere, possibly this one. I don't remember which though. Anyway, it was quickly pointed out to me that it's not necessarily a "hoax", however the information inside doesn't relate well to the United States.

Here is a statement about it from the USGS, along with links they provide to understand more about it.

USGS - Triangle Of Life Myth

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I just found this thread and I'm glad there are these types of discussion going on. I live in Louisville, KY and my background is in the geological sciences. I know that many people are on edge because of the series of quakes that have happened over the past year. There is seismic evidence that quake swarms are increasing around our planet. What this means, no one at this point can truly predict but the seismic evidence should not be taken for granted.

Observations:
- There are 4 primary plates that are seeing increased activity. The North American, Pacific, Eurasian, and South American plates are showing increased seismic activity.
- The New Madrid fault zone is an unusually anomaly because the fault zone is not located at a plate boundary. The primary forces in play here are sedimentary deposits building up in the New Madrid fault zone. The pressure and strains that exist are building. While there is no precise evidence that the Pacific plate effects the New Madrid, one can not say for sure that is does not play a part in the stresses and strains in this region.
- When quake swarms happen at relatively common depths and magnitudes we must pay special attention. The New Madrid area seems to have quakes on the magnitude of 2.0 to 4.0 and at common depths. Concern should be noted when this magnitudes swarm / cluster within the magnitudes of 4.0 to 5.0. We are not seeing that yet.
- The USGS in its summary of the M 9.0 Pacific / Eurasian plate event should be read. I'll put the link below. The last sentence of the summary I find very eye opening. The quote reads: "While the probability of future large earthquakes far from northern Honshu has not increased, neither has it decreased and large earthquakes will continue to occur just as we have observed in the past." Source USGS (Magnitude 9.0 - Near the East Coast of Hanshu, Japan - March 11, 2011.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I look forward in following this thread and I will also post additional stats when I get them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I posted this earlier in the thread (I think it was this one). Considering the circumstances they might put one in even though the site specifies "urban". Worth checking into.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join