It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know this is out of area but It is so strange and since the domino effect was brought up I wanted to post this

50 Earthquakes in 8hr 42min All, around the Mediterranean

Heres the two week

www.emsc-csem.org...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Agarta because: map added

edit on 16-3-2011 by Agarta because: map added

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

After reading this, I want to go with you. Or better yet, let's just steal a freakin' rocket and go to the dang moon! If it wants to cause all of this chaos on earth, we might as well just live there instead!

russellville.todaysthv.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't like seeing any in the area of Itay, that's for sure, the famous Edgar Cayce prediction that splits the US in two states that our alarm for this event is when Vesuvius shows activity, or Pelee.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

OMG, look at what I just found! www.iceagenow.com...

It is a supervolcano too!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by space cadet

OMG, look at what I just found! www.iceagenow.com...

It is a supervolcano too!

Good Find. I'll monitor.

You might want to go back up and see the two week map I added.

SCARY!!!
edit on 16-3-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Akansas swarm has shown a pattern. It's off again, on again. Today, there have been many in the 2 magnitude range.
But there is a difference when you compare recent activity to the period from February 15th until short after they stopped the injection wells by order of the Arkansan goverment. The difference it there are no more 3+ magnitude quakes, and there are no clusters of these larger quakes.
If the injection are the cause, this is what you would expect. Even after they stopped injection wells in Colorado, the quakes continued for a time afterward. The fault would be settling.
One day, probably a long time from now, they will realize that there was no ancient fault to reactivate in the first place. I believe that this was an artifically induced fault. Meaning, there was not fault, the two injection wells worked unknowingly to cause a major fracture in the earth.

It would seem that the rest of the world is now talking about the moon. There's quite the debate going on and I don't want to be part of it. I've already determined my hypothesis and am going to just observe. And if you remember, it's a complex dynamic, which means that while everyone is watch the full moon, nothing may happen. The real action may happen shortly after, or may have already started, not with this next full moon, but with the last new moon. It's not as simple as saying it's a "Supermoon", we only have on moon. And a lunar cycle.

gothamist.com...

I'm not going to say anything about world-wide quakes at the moment. Even though I desperately want to write about the 2005 Kashmir Quake, and the Azerbaijani mudvolcano, I am going to pull back. I am a fisherman. When you have a giant fish on your line, it is not a simple matter of reeling it in as fast as possible with all your might. It's a matter of bringing it in, and then letting it run. You gotta tire the monster out.

If there is a sizable quake in the middle of the Amazon, then I'll talk about the rest.

I've been focusing my personal life with a theme of context. You can't know the whole story without it. I'm not saying the Quebec quake is not part of a bigger equation, I'm just saying it isn't really rare. The only earthquake I've ever felt was because of this fault, I was twenty floors up in an apartment building. People have been feeling quakes in the Quebec for 300 years.

Quebec has some unstable lands.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Don't forget the warehouse of information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I suppose I am thinking more than I'm writing because I asking myself more questions than I can answer.

For instances, what is the protocol at the nuclear power plants in Arkansas?

The Japanese reactors go into a power down immediately after a large earthquake is detected.

So how does the nuclear reactor know when there's an earthquake?
What do the reactor staff do when there is an earthquake?
I hardly think it's likely they would wait for it to pop up on the USGS maps.

Do they prop up a bowling ball over a big red stop button so it falls when there's a large quake?
Too many questions.
Too many reassurances.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And to add,if you haven't notice
the increase in activity along the ring of fire,and here in the states.
Seems like the activity in California is moving east towards Nevada and Utah.
Now I know the fault in California is a "slip" fault
but it also mean that maybe the crust is moving to the west,maybe being pulled?
Just theorising here.
Seeing an increase around yellowstone.
Is it from the earth reverberating from the quake in Japan?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin... I really wish that you would write about the 2005 Kashmir quake, and the Azerbaijani mud volcanoes. Really I do. I'm sure others would like to hear from you about those as well.

If you don't want to do it here... there's always YOUR thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks]"I believe he is convinced the injection wells are the cause. I think he was just trying to get me to incorporate more factors into my understanding of earthquakes."

You are correct about my motives. I do not deserve any credit for anything though. I am not able to do detailed research so I stick my nose in once in awhile. Maybe when I retire.....

I knew what to expect when I hit the "enter" key. That is what I love about this Arkansas swarm thread.

(I lived in Spring Lake, Ar. for 1 year '70-'71 by the way.) I am also very glad the injection wells have been stopped, and I too am proud of who accomplished it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that In Ottawa Ontario we had a notably strong quake. Its the second notable one we've had in a year, I can't remember the last sizable one before that but it seems very odd that there's been so much activity globally.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ok. There is a reason I am reluctant to run my mouth. I have always said that I am the first to say when I am wrong. I didn't do that on this thread. I've been beating up myself ever since. I confessed on my thread, but I didn't exactly do that here. I was wrong. I said that I believed that the would be a large quake in, or around, Arkansas a few days ago. I was seeing an increase in activity, but I let my emotions over-ride my skepticism.

I know I saw the fault reacting to Japan. But it didn't neccessarily mean a larger quake. I understand why the USGS doesn't try to predict. If they did, and they were wrong, people wouldn't respect anything they say. Look at the way we treat weatherpeople on our local news when they get it wrong. When governments evacute people ahead of a hurricane, if that hurricane moves and doesn't hit, or loses strength, people are much more likely to ingore the next warning.

I hate being wrong. And I'm not really used to anyone really listening to my ideas. So I'm feeling the pressure. I know I am right about the injection wells, and I don't want my wild ideas to muddy my clear deductions.

Fracking/Injection is bad.

Simply, the Kashmir Earthquake remotely trigger the mud volcano in Azerbijan. Look at the dates.

Yes, I've notice the earthquakes in California are not restricted to the coast. It's usually not this busy inland.

Yes, I think the mid-continental quakes are being partially triggered by Japan's movement. It's a case of expansion/contraction. Kinda like labour pains.

That's why I freaked out the other day when I was looking at Arkansas. I was seeing the pulsing of earth. I was seeing the bigger picture, but I had to look away and was momentarily blinded. It was too much all at once. You can't look directly at the sun.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Originally posted by Toots
Did you know that "duck and cover" can KILL you? Learn about the "Triangle of Life" for surviving an earthquake. NOW. Before it's too late. Godspeed.

I too had posted that "Triangle of Life" information in a thread somewhere, possibly this one. I don't remember which though. Anyway, it was quickly pointed out to me that it's not necessarily a "hoax", however the information inside doesn't relate well to the United States.

Here is a statement about it from the USGS, along with links they provide to understand more about it.

USGS - Triangle Of Life Myth

Thanks for the input, Rosebud. Yes, quite honestly, Snopes is a known disinfo site. I trust NOTHING coming from those lefties. On the flip side, I do try to keep an open mind about most everything. I was very close to the OKC Federal building bombing and got to experience terror and grief at a surreal distance. I was a walking zombie for close to a year afterwards. The building "pancaked", as was described in the "Triangle of Life." Then later, I narrowly missed getting caught up in the aftermath horrors of 9/11. After that, I missed the F5 tornado that hit here by a very slim whisker. I almost feel like a cat at times. But reality tells me, after narrowly escaping an unexpected and very close call with death just 3 months ago, that good health and life itself can't be taken for granted.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Toots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

You can go with me, not a problem.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Chile just had a 5.2

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Chile just had a 5.2

www.emsc-csem.org...

(tongue in cheek)

I'm not biting. I said the middle of the Amazon.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Can I come too?, Wait, Which were we going?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

lol ROAD TRIP!!! If my husband and I are blessed with our tax refund in the next couple of days, we might just load up when I get out of this hospital Friday, and head.. head.... ANYWHERE BUT HERE and spend the weekend camping. Sucks that we'd have to be back by Monday though..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just got home from work about an hour ago..I have felt like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs all day. I work on the 1st floor of a 4 story building. Its built on a hill so while I am on ground level from one parking lot, there is a terrace floor under us. Of course the whole front of the building is nothing but glass windows. I told someone today if this thing starts rocking I'm running lol. Now why, when I couldn't wait to get out of there and get home, I am more anxious than I was when all the little quakes were happening. Maybe I just freaked myself out, but this feeling of impending doom is about to get on my last nerve.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I am with you regarding too many questions if an earthquake happens near a nuclear facility
on the Madrid or any place near it. I would like to know the protocal as to what is done
when a quake is detected, even a small quake such as a 4. I have been doing
much more reading and thinking than posting. Good to hear the Arkansas quakes are
lessening but I like to stay vigilant all the same. My anxiety level has been ten fold since
the problems began in Japan with the nuclear site. Thank you so much for your contribution
and valuable information to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join