It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Take a look at this station

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

OK just got a little jolt here, not much though.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I am in dire need of "Reading Seismographs 101" but that looked
pretty wild. And then just a small jolt. Seems Kathy felt it
just before you did.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's actually pretty still right here at the moment, not hearing much but traffic on 64 at times.

Yeah, it was something local - a steady bumpy feel & banging sound that lasted a couple of minutes. Haven't felt that before and have no idea what it was.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

There wasn't much to it here, which I can say thank god.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
FYI and thanks to CVinWA at the "North NJ, Loud Rumblings (3/10/11)" thread for bringing this to my (and others) attention.
The ground is saturated enough (Robin you're POV is right on), great all we need is more water? Uhm I dunno but it's always a good idea to be aware of ones surroundings.

Not that folks aren't aware of the weather were they live, I'm sure you all are.
Just thought I'd give a head's up anyway.

"U.S. Severe Weather Map"
www.wunderground.com...
edit on 10-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: of a small issue with an omission.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

I didn't see that Thread - but - at 5:00 pm est. I was getting ready to leave my office and out the open window even though 35 degrees here - i heard this rumble - my office is in a very small city (if you want to call it that) but this sound i heard sounded like major wind coming down off the mountain (I live on a mountain -so I know the sound ) -- I opened my window up all the way and even had someone come to the window to listen with me --- there was no wind - no train (no trains in the area) - everything was still and there was this noise. It really bugged me out - I waited 5 minutes waiting for wind, shake - anything - but nothing. I don't know wth it was but is was way out of the ordinary. I live and work in Ulster County, NY
edit on 10-3-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We got a little bumpy a minute ago, rumble in the background

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So I just have to share this with you guys.

You saw my post from earlier about the Emergency Broadcasts? If not, I was discussing earlier how I had heard FIVE on my tv just this week...past few days. I have never had it happen before. I even wrote to the Department responsible for it and copied the response (from the CEO) on the previous page. You should read it.

Anyways....after all of this (I had just gotten done posting the letter) when I was on my way to pick up my daughter, guess what happened? You got it, the radio was interrupted with an emergency broadcast. Not a test. They were alerting about a high wind warning. WHAT? I have NEVER heard an emergency broadcast here for wind. So when I got home i checked for new alerts and we do have one...for wind sustained of 35mph with gusts up to 50. That is NOTHING. Certainly not worthy of an emergency broadcast. OK...so I shook it off.

Now...I was at the grocery store a bit ago and while waiting to check out I had a very sudden, STRONG sense of doom. I have only had this happen a couple of other times but those times I knew that something was wrong with a family member and called them immediately. (Car wreck, trip to hospital) It has happened several times and I was always right. It goes both ways, with my Mom and Sister. They always know when something is wrong. But this is different....there is no one person that comes to mind...just a very anxious, something is wrong feeling.

Well....trying to shake THAT off, on my way home guess what happens? Yup! ANOTHER emergency broadcast. This time another test for a neighboring county. This is just too much. That is five on the tv, two on the radio in THREE days...and those are just the ones I am hearing/seeing.

My ears are poping while writing this and I have had a couple of dizzy spells. Also, pressure in my head...you know, all those EQ tell-tale signs. Anyone else experiencing any of this? I haven't harldy been on ATS today and haven't even opened GEE to back off a bit....but it's not working.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

you aren't alone in those feelings, ears are hurting popping head feels full of pressure, 2 or 3 dizzy spells, and I work in a doctors office, so I had them check me to see if I was getting a sinus infection etc. of course they all got tickled at me when I said I think its the earthquakes. had some fluid in my ears (attributed to allergies) even had them do a flu swab and strep screen ..both negative of course....really anxious and teary eyed this evening which is not at all like me...just out of sorts. Is it the earthquakes? Only time will tell on that.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Westcoast I have never ever known of an emergency broadcast for 35 to 50 mph wind. And all the
others you are hearing. Was the second broadcast alert for wind also?

Sorry your not feeling good - I had the same feeling right before a big quake in S. Calif. in
the 80's - so I can relate to your anxiety - you just know and its difficult to explain. I hope nothing becomes of it. Keep us alerted here as to how you are doing - we will worry if we don't hear from you. At the same time
try to ease off and relax for a while..
edit on 10-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

yes we have a high wind warning here also (Winthrop) Woke up to another 6 inches of snow. Last year my yard was bear at this time. Now its chest deep and have had 3 feet of new snow in the last 10 days woo hoo come on wind and blow it away to the neighbors.

also another round of navy jets tonight. Its cool they make the house rumble when they go over

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

also another round of navy jets tonight. Its cool they make the house rumble when they go over

I've noticed what seems like more than the usual Air Force planes flying over this evening

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yeah, we have had winds this high several times lately with no emergency broadcast. Could you imagine if they did it every time? Everyone would get do used to hearing it that they would ignore it.

I feel like it was an excuse, and I can't imagine why the Presdent and CEO of that State Organization would personally write me back so fast from a public comment email...it just doesn't make sense. Does it?

Trying to shake off the feeling....nothing I can do about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Well you are definitely not alone!!!

I might as well toss my two cents in. Yesterday I was talking with my closest friend here (we both live in Salt Lake Valley... she's more in the valley. I am nestled up against the Wasatch Mountain Range on what we call "the benches".) Anyway, I told her that I had several dizzy spells yesterday. On top of that, I had some throbbing pains in my left ear. Neither of things EVER happen to me. She then informed me that she was feeling a sense of "heaviness" all day, along with her own dizzy spells.

Today was a beautiful day. After getting almost 2 feet of snow Sunday night, we reached 63 degrees today. I was feeling fine until this afternoon/early evening, then whammo, another dizzy spell. I've had 2 more since. Today, no pain in the ears, but that pressure building type of feeling in both of them.

And after reading what a few of you others have said about military air craft activity. When talking to my friend this evening... she mentioned that over her house, she had seen about 8 military helicopters tonight. She has NEVER had that happen. She also mentioned she was getting a severe headache and was heading to bed early.

Lastly... the weird weather. So after the monster snow storm over the weekend, the weather folks here have been reporting and showing that we are on a warming and drying trend. Every single day. Until today! The National Weather Service also made these claims, as I check that daily. That all changed tonight. On the 6PM news, we have rain/snow moving in tonight, along with winds up to 50 mph. Even the weatherman was like "dunno how this happened".

Just too strange. All of it!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yes I've heard the jets too. Have had trouble with the internet off and on tonight, dang windstream, I wish they could keep their stuff working properly. I miss my satellite service I had in Louisiana, that was nice. I just got back on again and haven't loaded GEE yet. Actually thinking I'll just call it a night have to get up early and get to Little Rock by 8:30 am and dread the traffic going in at that time of day. The plumb bob hasn't done much, it swayed a little off and on but it's pretty still right now and has actually gotten completely still at times. I hope that is a good sign and I'm thinking that way tonight. Another jet just went by, I guess they are doing exercises, they were circling the base earlier today when I came thru.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
its a wild ride tonight folks, old house you can hear the wind wipping thru the cracks,, can hear the trees thumping down by the river, its snowed this morning till 10. then it warmed up to 48 now its below freezing and windy as all get out.. Id say after 20 years at see its gusting in the upper 40s... Well at least the wind drove the planes away lol. its like a blizzard out you can see the moon.. then its whited out from the blowing snow lol

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

The description of your evening sounds very beautiful but chilling.
Thank you for sharing - good night all - stay safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hang onto your hats guys.....so far USGS listing TWO 7.9 quakes just hit Japan.

My bad feelings are intensifying.

MAP 7.9 2011/03/11 05:46:24 38.322 142.369 24.4 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 7.9 2011/03/11 05:46:00 38.000 142.900 10.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I could tell you storys of fun nites at sea. *8 years in bering sea in winter woo hoo
20 years in the north pacific comercial fishing (crabbing and trawling) seen some fun weather patterns for sure lol.

come on out ill take you for a ride out over the columbia river bar. No gaurnetees on the return ticket. lol

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join