It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by Robin Marks
You might want to ignore this if you're tired from the fight.
But I see another brushfire starting.

www.newsandsentinel.com...

Still waiting on a confimation email so I can post comments on that story, including links to research showing that it is linked...

As I've mentioned before, every time one of these stories is posted the truth needs to be offered for consideration. The way i put it in a past post is we need to ATS-ify the MSM. Exposing the nefariousness of the oil company's actions is a tiring and never ending task. one that will require constan vigilance but is of a worthy nature.

Open the door for people and they will step through if they see they are no the first. Most people want to be lead, so let's lead them.

I say... ATS-ify away!!!

I decided to suck it up and read that article. Yep... it made me
!

There was this slap in the face from the beginning...

This week, two more small earthquakes were recorded in central Arkansas where a recent spate of tremors has officials considering shutting down two gas-drilling wells.

Really?? I know that they are probably only looking at the 3 & up ones, but seriously!

On the USGS site when looking at the map, I noticed something yesterday...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4820755c9cdf.png[/atsimg]

Look under the date and time.... '82 earthquakes on this map'... and that's just the past week. I know there are places out west that have this kind of activity, and I'm not discounting those, but those places are in active geological areas.

I guess I'm just showing my EQ stupidity......

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok, another thing to consider is that the effects of injection continue long after they are halted. I cannot for the life of me remember exactly where it's stated but I recall reading in several places amongst the articles and papers I've linked throguh thisnthead the issue of years passing and still have the effects be visible and present is expected.

Think about this. The frac fluid is designed to penetrate and loosen rock, it infiltrates the porous layer and spread out. It is also laced with acids and other caustic chemical further breaking down the rock. Then they pump all this down and pressurize it. Hmm, what do you think that's goIng to do?

One of the articles I recently linked indicates a concern that a major fault line could be lubricated by this material!

There's evidence that as little as 15% of the fluid is recovered from the initial process to begin with. So not only are the disposal wells filling up, from all parts of the country, but the injection wells STILL have huge amounts of this fluid left in them that is never recovered.

And these things are everywhere you will find shale plays. They're already there.

Gotta make em pay somehow. They've already accomplished a tremendous amount of harm, the effects of which we will be still umcovering for a long time.

edit on 4-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone.

edit on 4-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos, maybe I should proofread a little better, eh?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I imagine it will take some time to shut down the pumping. Think of it like a nuclear reactor. You can't flip an off and on switch like a sump pump. There will be a process. It won't take that long. So it will be hard to know precisely when they cease completely.

So it will be interesting to see if there is a noticable difference.
And as pointed out, they may have just triggered a natural process. Mud volcano caused by drilling in Indonesia. The drilling stopped, but the mud flows on.

www.bbc.co.uk...

There may be an evident difference, and there may not be any change for awhile.

I hope the damn thing stops cold and it becomes obvious. I doubt it. But it would be nice. And Susan, Kathy and the others need a break.

Let's hope.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you are just joining us- THE INJECTION WELLS HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO CEASE.

Read back a few pages to find details.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

This is my concern too.

Don't get me wrong; having these two wells shut down is a huge accomplishment. Although, I noticed that by having their little 'pre' meeting and voluntarily doing this they avoided having ANY testimony or people speaking out for the media to suck up and quote and print and smear. Which is what they are attempting to avoid ofcourse. This way, they have to only shut down two wells, a drop in the bucket really and avoided the media backlash and exposure to what they have REALLY done.

Anyways....my concern is that the damage HAS been done. All those hundreds of little micro quakes were the inejection wells doing their damage. These subsequent 2.5 + quakes are the result. Especially the larger quakes. Guys, I don't think those bigger ones are a direct result of those wells, but the damage and progression that they caused. I think that whatever it is that they triggered down there....well, that trigger has been pulled and the bullet is slowly making its way to the surface.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It would be wonderful if it stopped cold, but I doubt that will happen. I have emailed the USGS about the locations of the new stations and asked if they had considered putting one down here in my area and have again let them know that we are feeling the smaller ones even in the 1.9 range. So we will see if they answer back.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I agree with you. Anyone want to buy a very nice place on 3 acres with a stocked fishing pond. Looks like a golf couse during the spring and summer time. I'll sell it for real.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by westcoast

I agree with you. Anyone want to buy a very nice place on 3 acres with a stocked fishing pond. Looks like a golf couse during the spring and summer time. I'll sell it for real.

Easy there Susan, lol. Sheesh. Why don't we wait for a while to see if the quakes stop as some wells stop. That's really going to take months to see the action-effect relationship in this case. May take years. I wouldn't go selling just yet unless you just wanna move.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Also need to stay on top of the frac fluid flow. That stuff is dangerous and has to be dealt with. What realistically can and should be done with that material?

More importantly, the reliance on that type of energy is eventually self-destructive in a massive scale. Some other form of energy is needed and quickly. The problem is, the free energy technology is and has been suppressed for a long time precisely because it can't be centralized once it's realized.

Think about havin the equivalent of a nuclear reactor in a device the size of a baseball and weigh about as much. But it was completely safe and reliable. and easy to produce. No way to keep ccontrol then. And you have to remember that it's all about control. Always has hopefully won't always will be.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
3/4/11 updated to page 140.
Thanks to all the contributors for this information and resources. Keep them coming! Love the maps and outside sources, but ya gotta give me a link for it to be included in the master list.

Newcomers, this is the bibliography of resources used in discussions. It is posted periodically to give you the same resources others have used. Become informed, contribute your ideas staying on topic, but as you will see in the categories there are many areas that have been discussed, but more importantly relevant.

Earthquakes and Tectonic plate resources:
www.usgs.gov...
U. S. G E O L O G I C A L S U R V E Y E A R T H Q U A K E D A T A B A S E neic.usgs.gov... ONTH=&EDAY=&LMAG=&UMAG=&NDEP1=&NDEP2=&IO1=&IO2=&SLAT2=0.0&SLAT1=0.0&SLON2=0.0&SLON1=0.0&SUBMIT=Submit+Search

Dept of Energy database www.osti.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.iris.edu...
Iris latest seismic record for current graph: www.iris.washington.edu...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
CERI Helicorders, seismic monitoring: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Earthquake List For Arkansas (Greenbrier Area) Feb 15-16: earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.scchealth.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
Arkansas Helicorders list www.geology.ar.gov...
Pacific NW Helicorders www.pnsn.org...
Pacific NW Webicorder www.pnsn.org...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.documentarystream.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Facts about the New Madrid Fault: www.dnr.mo.gov...
www.reality-choice.org...
geology.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Impact of New Madrid Seismic Zone Earthquakes on the Central USA, Vol. 1 and 2 www.ideals.illinois.edu...
Descent of the ancient Farallon slab drives localized mantle flow below the New Madrid seismic zone: www.auburn.edu...
thecabin.net...
satellite seismic stress pattern analysis: www.google.com... sis
Understanding seismic reading qvsdata.wordpress.com...
Seismograph/meter info different scales etc.: inventors.about.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Mercalli intensity scale explained: en.wikipedia.org...
Richter scale: en.wikipedia.org...
www.showme.net...
www.journalgazette.net...
www.sciencedaily.com...
Enola Swarm quakes info: www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Pre-quake indicators
insciences.org...
www.newscientist.com...
www.earth.northwestern.edu...
www.geodesy.cwu.edu...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.courierpress.com...
2001 Enola Swarm www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Enola swarm info www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Faulkner County swarm www.geology.ar.gov...
Evidence of Possible Induced Seismicity in the Wabash Valley Seismic Zone from Improved Microearthquake Locations Indiana Illinois bssa.geoscienceworld.org...
Quake Data PuterMan www.4shared.com...
Canadian Quake resource earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...
DOE Dept of Energy www.osti.gov...;jsessionid=75443CFD0B6E5015F3C346FB5D417F0F?purl=/215302-vFDkDs/webviewable/
Cape Breton www.capebretonpost.com...
SAN ANDREAS-LIKE FAULT FOUND IN EASTERN U.S.
The fault stretches from N.Y. to Alabama and could cause an earthquake with the right mix of ingredients. news.discovery.com...
New Madrid Compendium www.ceri.memphis.edu...

New Madrid 1811 info: www.ceri.memphis.edu...
1811 newspaper accounts: www.eas.slu.edu...
Liquification during quake 1811: www.insurancejournal.com...
USCG 1811 quake: earthquake.usgs.gov...
Tennessee earthquake history earthquake.usgs.gov...
USGS Energy >> Geochemistry and Geophysics >> Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation >> Staff List energy.cr.usgs.gov...
www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Midcontinent quakes: It's no fault of their own www.msnbc.msn.com...

Iceland/Earthquake en.vedur.is...
Earthquakes in Arkansas May Be Man-Made, Experts Warn www.foxnews.com...
Earthquake Hazard in the New Madrid Seismic Zone Scientists remain concerned about a major destructive earthquake geology.com...
The New Madrid earthquakes By James L. Penick books.google.com... #v=onepage&q=volcano%20arkansas
Turn your laptop into a seismograph shakingearth.blogspot.com...
Your Laptop Could Detect The Next Earthquake www.npr.org...
usarray.seis.sc.edu...

Fracking/Drilling related:
Fracking Resource Guide frack.mixplex.com...
frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...
Fracking the Life Out of Arkansas and Beyond ______beforeitsnews/story/344/370/Fracking_the_Life_Out_of_Arkansas_and_Beyond.html
BOEMRE Approves First Deepwater Drilling Permit To Meet Important New Safety Standards in Gulf of Mexico www.boemre.gov...
Identification of MHF (massive hydraulic fracturing) fracture planes and flow paths: A correlation of well log data with patterns in locations of induced seismicity www.osti.gov...
Induced seismicity associated with enhanced geothermal system www.osti.gov...
politics.beforeitsnews.com...
books.google.com..."deepwell+injection"+OR+"deep+well+injection"+OR+"undergroun d+injection"&sig=jrgrSpXc9wcEWoylIM
Oil and Gas Collection: Hydraulic Fracturing, Toxic Chemicals and the Surge of Earthquake Activity in Arkansas: www.globalresearch.ca...
Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission NOTICE OF SPECIAL HEARING – EMERGENCY REQUEST www.aogc.state.ar.us...
whttp...://www.springerlink.com/content/lr247770l2272741/
ww.gaslandthemovie.com/whats-fracking/
www.npr.org...
1trickpony.cachefly.net...
www.osti.gov...
search.usa.gov...
Injection Induced Earthquake References: www.nyx.net...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
seekingalpha.com...
geology.com...
Can you prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water or another material?: earthquake.usgs.gov...
Discharge of Tectonic Stresses in the Earth Crust by High-power Electric Pulses for Earthquake Hazard Mitigation: www.voltairenet.org...
owni.eu...
c1.redgreenandblue.org...
Gas wells map: www.eia.gov...
The Rocky Mountain Arsenal deep injection well: www.rma.army.mil...
Top 5 Ways to Cause a Man-Made Earthquake: www.wired.com...#
www.aogc.state.ar.us...
switchboard.nrdc.org...
www.buffalonews.com...
www.dallasnews.com...
www.usgs.gov...
www.dallasnews.com...
A Huge Fracking Mess PA Fracking article www.anh-usa.org...
Government Agencies for natural gas industry www.business.com...
Geologist predicts next big quake spot
www.courierpress.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Ohio Fracking www.collegegreenmag.com...
West Virginia Fracking www.frackcheckwv.net...
Regulation Lax as Gas Wells’ Tainted Water Hits Rivers
www.nytimes.com...
www.water-contamination-from-shale.com...
Water management technologies used by Marcellus Shale Gas Producers. www.osti.gov...
Swiss stop geothermal drilling because of earthquakes www.daytondailynews.com...
The Geysers is a complex of 22 geothermal power plants Induced Seismicityen.wikipedia.org...
Gaswell locating gis2.rrc.state.tx.us...
Shallow Earthquakes associated with the New Madrid Fault & BP's Mega Oil Spill. bklim.newsvine.com...
Silencing the Independent Voices Of Truth on the BP's Mega Oil Spill, GOM. bklim.newsvine.com...
Oil Rigs/Platforms in OCS Region of Gulf of Mexico, USA, 2008 geocommons.com...
www.slb.com...
Fracking Hell: The Untold Story www.youtube.com...
2 Ark. injection wells may be closed amid quakes www.businessweek.com...
Pittsburgh’s drinking water is radioactive, thanks to fracking. Only question is, how much? www.grist.org...

Codes for drilling rigs status and other drilling infos:
www.aogc.state.ar.us...
glenarborsun.com...
www.oerb.com...
findarticles.com...
www.energyindepth.org...
www.redwingaerials.com...

General Geology related resources:
The Memphis Sand Aquifer: nsglc.olemiss.edu...
Sinking sand, sand boils, LIQUEFACTION: www.showme.net...
www.amnh.org...
pediaview.com...
Pic of sandblows and liquification www.buzzle.com...
Make Your Own Seismograph www.kfvs12.com...
Subsidence is the motion of a surface en.wikipedia.org...

Volcanic resources:
abundanthope.net...
Volcanic Landforms, Volcanoes and Plate Tectonics:www.tulane.edu...
A VOLCANIC ERUPTION IN ARKANSAS: www.suite101.com...
USGS 06186500 Yellowstone River at Yellowstone Lk Outlet YNP: waterdata.usgs.gov...,00065,00010

Arkansas Volcanic past vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...
Volcanoes drop hint before deadly eruptions: study www.cbc.ca...
'Human error' triggered mud volcano Indonesia www.youtube.com...
Indonesian mud volcano flow 'to last 26 years www.bbc.co.uk...

Solar resources:
Solar Flares and Earthquakes: adsabs.harvard.edu...
Moving to the rhythm of the Sun www.esa.int...

Nuclear/Chemical related sources:
www.terrapub.co.jp...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., (KTHV) -- The Chemical Stockpile: www.todaysthv.com...

Moon Tide EarthQuake correlation
www.moonconnection.com...
www.smeter.net...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...
National Buoy Data Center www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
www.stormsurf.com...
Jetstream info virga.sfsu.edu...
rises in sea temperatures (and/or falls in sea level) can trigger the sudden release of methane en.wikipedia.org...
Lunar Perigee and Apogee Calculator www.fourmilab.ch...

Mainstream media AK Quake coverage:
Officials:No link between wells, quakes www.newsandsentinel.com...
Arkansas Suspends Drilling of Injection Wells after Earthquake Swarm www.allgov.com...
Largest earthquake in 35 years hits Arkansas news.yahoo.com...
A Dot on the Map, Until the Earth Started Shaking www.nytimes.com...
More seismic monitors being installed in Arkansas www.wmctv.com...
edition.cnn.com...#
news.blogs.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Investigative Journalism 4 Corners www.abc.net.au...

Movement Against Fracking related links:
VIDEO: Drillers say they will halt disposal of fluids www.arkansasonline.com...
Greers Ferry Community Forum on Drilling www.msnbc.msn.com...
Natural Gas Company on Greers Ferry Lake, Residents Worried www.katv.com...
Natural Gas Companies Conduct Surveys At Greers Ferry Lake www.fairfieldbaynews.com...
Arkansas Suspends Drilling of Injection Wells after Earthquake Swarm www.allgov.com...

KEEP DRILLING TOXICS OUT OF OUR DRINKING WATER
Tell your Senators, Representative to support the FRAC Act : salsa.democracyinaction.org...
Arkansas Regulators Looking to Halt Wastewater-Storage Operations online.wsj.com...
Commission to consider closing disposal wells in quake-prone region arkansasnews.com...

Pressure Limits Efforts to Police Drilling for Gas www.nytimes.com...
Pressure Grows for Answers on Fracking green.blogs.nytimes.com...

Arkansas Friend on Facebook www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
WV www.facebook.com...

Stay informed
Threat Watch: standeyo.com...
www.radioreference.com...
www.radioreference.com...
Home page www.radioreference.com...
www.norad.mil...
www.globalincidentmap.com...
strictlyhonest.com...
Earthquake preparedness www.yourselfsufficientliving.com...
Did you feel it? USGS form to report earthquake.usgs.gov...

Other:
Bird die off map location:www.bing.com...,+Missouri&FORM=MIRE1
No poison found in birds that fell on town www.msnbc.msn.com...
FEMA test date and info: www.ready.gov...
www.asisonline.org...
www.fema.gov...
www.baproducts.com... Dr Chet Snow's Earth Change Map
Memphis River Projectwww.memphis.edu...
www.buzzle.com...
Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Illinois www.cnn.com...
Illinois earthquake.usgs.gov...
Planetary Alignment / Earthquake Watch March 18th 2011 www.youtube.com...
Webcams site www.wunderground.com...
Arkansas map Greers classic.mapquest.com...

Vertigo and Earthquakes poleshift.ning.com...:BlogPost:225590&commentId=3863141:Comment:307140&xg_source=activity
Vertigo and Earthquakes con’t. www.hinduonnet.com...
Health and Environmental Effects Document on Geothermal Energy -- 1982 update www.osti.gov...
Geothermal Project in California Is Shut Down www.nytimes.com...

Sorry for the length, but my we have been busy and EFFECTIVE! Keep up the good work.

Your friend in threads,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

oh wow,

wow, we really have that much information on here, wow
great work

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, thank you for posting the link... As not everyone has facebook or can access the link I have taken the liberty of uploading a copy of the document you obtained and placing it here on ATS:

(Copyright note: as this document is in the public domain and was issued for public scrutiny by a US State Govt authority, and as this copy is being posted for informational purposes only, I claim "fair use" under the relevant provisions.)

And yes folks, I also hope that spelling "SPECIAL" as "SPEACIAL" in the notice heading will not affect its validity.

Mike

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

There is really that much information. And thats not been culled just a bit or two. Thats more than a thesis thats a dissertation. Which I considered, if I go forward another level. I am so disgusted with what technology has done to this earth, and my education is based directly on this vocation. But the most rewarding part of having been part of this thread is I have always wanted to be in a think tank, a contributor, to affect some positive change.
Robin, don't stop now! We are getting folks attention, but now its up to us to open some eyes and change some minds. We are on our way!
edit on 4-3-2011 by SunflowerStar because: grammer

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

That is an astounding effort on your behalf to collate and list all of that information! Many, many thanks! I doubt that there is any other readily-accessible resource on the internet today that has such a diversity of information on this topic all gathered in one place.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Court cases have been won and loss over typos. It might actually be a purposeful bit of skullduggery to automatcally invalidate the proclamation.

Wouldn't put it past the slithery bastards

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Let's not forget that Chesapeake sold their claim.
This story is far from over. The buyer, (i forget whom) will be taking Chesapeake to court to get out of the deal.
Chesapeake is in legal hot water on a few fronts.

They were trying to make a quick get-away.
But mother nature tripped them up and they fell flat on their face.
They'll be teams of lawyers involved. They'll get paid. Even traders on Wall Street are getting wind of the big stink. The article is financial gossip, but you can see the trend.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Please join the Facebook page. And if you could, because I can't, post the order on our Friends of Arkansas Against Fracking group. no pressure. i just like official documents.

Hope you catch the edit MIKE. Someone posted the document.

You know what's amazing? So many people are beating me to the punch. I realize that I don't need to post every bit of information. There's a whole army of us.

United Citizens.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In between my to office appointments I did a quick news search on google. Arkansas Fracking and then went to the new for the past hour and then for the past 24 hours. On the right hand side there is an add which, I decided to check as it is states The truth about fracking Here . Maybe you Robin or one of our other writers may want to jump in the comments and put a stop to this non sense. I am not much of a writer or I would attempt it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Well, I knew this was coming. Watch the push back from the oil guys. They'll be bombarding the web with all kinds of arguments and opinions. Don't worry. This will only inflame the debate. shh. they may hear you.

The debate is good. The debate will be won because people are not stupid. They see the trend. They understand their business plan is failing. At the moment they are trying to calm investors. But investors are not stupid people, well, they can be fool, but when they see trouble on the horizon the bail.

Here's another blog trying to argue fracking is a good thing.

blog.gregoryfca.com...

I wonder if the writer would lease out their property to the gas boys? Would the blogger drink the water?

The gas boys know they're in trouble. So expect lots of smokescreens.

And Anmarie, thanks, you know why.

Feel free to plagiarze me to death. (correct the spelling first) Take my words and make them your own. I give away all my words freely. This offer is available to all interested parties.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Something just went haywire on the instruments

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join