It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Are you using GEE?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is similar to what it did the other day. It's been doing these a pretty good bit off and on

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yes GEE TW.W40A - the one that just wacked out a little while ago and TA.X40A

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That's the ones that have been whacking out. LOL!!! It's caught my attention several times and I called attention to them.

I have to go outside and do some stuff before the rain gets here. Catch you all in a little while.
edit on 4-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, did anyone ever tell you how to get screen shots?

I can U2U instructions if you like!

OiO

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I hit a point of exhaustion last night and took something to help me sleep and I did get awakened, but I laid in bed and went back to sleep. I do plan on attending the meeting today in Little Rock. Kathy would you like to come down to Vilonia and go with me to the meeting?

Hey Susan, I had to get up early and take care of some things today but thank you so much for asking! I'm glad you got to go. Sooooo glad they closed those disposal wells too - maybe we can get some good sleep for a change. Just glanced at the seismographs and looks like things have been quiet so far today.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Some more details and reaction from both sides.
I'll leave it at that.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

There was this slap in the face from the beginning...
"This week, two more small earthquakes were recorded in central Arkansas where a recent spate of tremors has officials considering shutting down two gas-drilling wells."

Not to mention the fact that the writer failed to correctly identify the type of well (disposal, not gas-drilling) that would be shutting down. Pretty damn sloppy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add this here for the sake of it...a thread on Tennessee Weather Forum about the earthquakes and their opinions.

tennesseewx.com...

In case anyone wanted to check it out!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
When doing some research for my own area in Ky, I found this map and information. Look at the map comparing New Madrid to San Andreas. www.uky.edu...

I also read about the difference between earthquake hazard and risk, two separate concepts. www.uky.edu...

USGS helicorders for KY www.uky.edu...
Just wanted to add some info for they Ky members.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The image below shows some of the natural gas wells in this region of Arkansas. There are many more but if I zoomed out the Google Earth (GE) page far enough to show you all of them, it would just be an overwhelming mass of green, almost reptilian scaly looking: more like some kind of disease than anything.

But this will give you some idea:

If you'd like to study this in more detail, you can download the data direct from the State of Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission (AOGC) website HERE, on a special page they have set up for GE apps. Note that you need to have GE installed to get this to work!
The actual data file is about 2.4 MB I think.

All you need to do is set your download to "open with Google Earth" and once downloaded it will automatically activate GE and take you straight to the Arkansas region. You can save the file into GE if you wish and just mark the folder open or closed, depending on when you wish to view it. By default on first use it should be in your temp folders on GE.

There is also a "Drilling Fluid Disposal Site" file you can load into Google Earth, but as it's pushing 11 pm here and I'm bushed I'll let you all take a look at that one yourselves. There are quite a few sites, put it that way. If someone has a few minutes to get this file and post a shot I'm sure others would like to see it. (Note: save the screenshot file as a jpeg or gif; ATS media don't like no stinking bitmaps!
The above file is jpeg, so the quality's poor but enough to give people a fair idea.)

EDIT: I didn't load the oil wells into the above image set because at present our main focus is the gas wells. But if you want to load them, you just select them from the sub-folders in the downloaded file.

Anyway folks I'll bid you all goodnight from here...

Best regards and stay safe,

Mike
edit on 4/3/11 by JustMike because: of typos and clarification.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

No or if they did I missed it. Please tell me how and thank you very much

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Susan or Kathy ......how are you today? Has it calmed down any? Was just thinking of yall and hope it's settling down some....you are in my prayers.
edit on 4-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I logged back in because in my post above with the well sites map, I forgot to mention that the map is interactive. Very useful for finding out who owns what wells, what their status is and so forth. Here's an example:

If you use the app in Google Earth, the green dots are wells that are either in operation or have been; the red dots are "permitted", meaning they're approved but (perhaps) not yet started. You'll even find some red dots that are just in the middle of fields, as GE's images are not real-time but can be months or even years old so the land hasn't been bulldozed and the waste pits haven't been dug yet. But it's a great way to get some more detailed info, like who is operating that well and what the permit number is. You can select or de-select the separate overlay that shows the permit numbers. I left it de-selected because there are thousands of wells and the screen just becomes covered in numbers with green blobs under it... And anyway the permit numbers etc are available if you zoom in and click on a dot.

EDIT to add: and as the interactive info also includes very precise latitude and longitude coordinates, it would be possible for a dedicated soul (or team of souls) to look for any correlations between registered well locations and known quake locations.

Okay I'm outa here.
Nite, all.

Mike
edit on 4/3/11 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Is Gee down again. I just re booted and can't get anything

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm OK, been out in the yard doing some work. Thanks for asking. It seems to have calmed down a little around here. not as much swaying sensations.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Good! I hope it stays that way...it does you good to get outside a bit...stay safe!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's down, Susan. I just rebooted again as well and no dice.

I guess it's because it's coming on evening there in Central US, the meeting in Little Rock probably got some news, and those who have GEE are probably trying to get on in large numbers and they crashed it.

Hope you have a safe and peaceful night there.

Truly.

Mike

edit on 4/3/11 by JustMike because: of typos.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Is Gee down again. I just re booted and can't get anything

Susan, I just did an update to the GEE status thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And also if you would like you can check the GEE tips thread here, which may help you:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...#!/KARK4/posts/10150132850194113

One of local TV stations asking for people to sound off. Most of the replies so far are saying they don't believe that their is a connection. How ignorant can people be.

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join