It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It's just the worldwide effect of the 5.7 in the soloman islands:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

In other words, the usual....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Honestly, I didn't even look at the list, because I didn't think it looked like P waves. So I just checked it out, and that quake happened almost an hour before these waves...so I don't think that's it, unless I have my times messed up!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hi folks back from a trip that involved a family members future care and discussions with siblings. That in itself moved our world out of its traditional orbit. I've got my homework cut out for me playing catch up. You guys have been busy! But have provided wonderful resources to go on the master list. Will be posting the revised list later tomorrow. Please continue to reference sources to support your discussion points. I can't include them if there isn't a source. The dynamics of this is evolving each day, which further supports the movement to Stop The Fracking!
Your friend in threads...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

yea it looks like normal p waves but when you look most of them have unusual spikes at the top of the waves, like a micro quake is being spawned, I noticed the same thing before most big ones In Arkansas like the waves set it off also

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

yea i noted that also, and the same wave doesnt show on the other siesmo,

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As you are all aware, 30 % of PA fracking water is disposed of in their rivers. 70 % is reused. (Pa has much more stabile ground, and also no injection wells. Thus no earthquakes.) But they now have something just as evil! Radioactive river water that supplies water to people along the entire route of those rivers! A primary water source for countless millions! What it comes down to is that even if they stop the operation of injection wells permanently in Arkansas, they will just dump the water in the water supply. Darned if you do darned if you don't....

Radioactive water in Pittsburgh

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

Yah....I am looking around at the Helicorders and so far this one is showing it the best. Note, that these 'waves' show up at other times too.

I would be the first to admit if I were wrong and these were P waves from another quake, but I honestly don't think they are.

Beautiful lakes

ETA:

Wow....Promised land
edit on 3-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

ETA: Little Rock
edit on 3-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think that's about right for a 5.7. They're all gone now and have been for a few. On a 7+ they ring around for a couple hours. On an 8? Over three to four hours...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

i watched this one form and no big quak prior. then big quake, In the guy area

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

There wasn't any trace of it on the recorders I am looking at. Nothing showed up until about 0458 or so. It just doesn't look at P waves either....I really don't think it's from the 5.7. Check out the helicorders I linked a couple of posts back.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

yes but from the 5.7 it would take between 8-12 min to show up in Ar not a hour, and it would also show up on the seismos with a more sensitive setting?

and west was rite it was a hour+ prior to the wave
edit on 3-3-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

also look at the top of the page and notice in the red the begining of a wave type reading its at 0:40
www.iris.washington.edu...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well, now you see what happens when you try to view long period waves on an Extremely Short Period (EHZ) webicorder plot. Not the place to look.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

oh ok i didnt know it took a hour for the p waves to show up on a short time recorder my bad

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

They didn't. According to the estimated wave propagation time at the USGS site, would have taken 14 to 15 minutes. But because of the nature of the filtering on the EHZ station, and its inherent purpose, my guess is that you are seeing basically a partial artifact on the borderline of what that particular station can display of the 5.7's P and S waves.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

thanks for the clarifing post, i did notice it took 15 min for the one in nz to show up on the same recoreders,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Here it is on a BHZ channel...much clearer, actually. BHZ

It starts at about 0500...with no earlier sign of the 5.7.

Either way, I just thought it was interesting to note. With the reports of those close to all of this of the ground moving more, it may be worth paying attention to.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is anyone awake and watching this?

That looked like a big spike, I haven't been watching long enough to estimate scale, but I would say a high 3...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I'm watching....it is a low 2 range probably. Lots of small quakes all together though..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That's a 2? Must be tuned on the sensitive side for it to show that much of a spike. I suppose decay rate has some bearing as well?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Is anyone awake and watching this?

That looked like a big spike, I haven't been watching long enough to estimate scale, but I would say a high 3...

Not too too big thank goodness!
BTW, can you see my post? I have a conspiracy theory that my posts are invisible.
Ok been hanging at ATS too long....

edit on 4-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join