It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

who said jack about volcanoes and THAT map???
*** and why are you questioning an answer (lead) i provided to someone else?
they asked, i linked ... what's the problem, exactly?

you are presuming before reading ... i provided you with links regarding the volcanic calderas nearby ... the geographic links between those in AR and OK and a bit of history to go with them.
You wanna keep believing volcanic activity in that region is a myth, i'm not stopping you but do try some research before you continue spouting nonsense.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I get every report, know the area well, have been there many times in my travels and know that there is something VERY WRONG.

No other Facts needed to link to, I know the seriousness and magnitude of what is coming,,, no pun intended

"The Event"

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just had one more quake in the past hour, about 3-4 mag.

I DID A THREAD JUST 2 WEEKS AGO, "NEW MADRID ALERT STRANGE RAINBOWS" IT IS GONE, IT IS NOT EVEN ON MYATS SITE. WHO IS DELETING THREADS.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Star and flag Robin. Thank you for the information. I am definately going to be watching this.

link   
reply to post by daggyz

first, a 1200% increase in frequency is not a 'tiny set of' anything.
secondly, at least 2 quakes registered 3 or higher just since i've been on this thread.
lastly, randomly dismissing the concerns of others is "rude" to say the least.

IF you're gonna contribute, please do ... IF you're gonna derail, find another thread ... this is important to most everyone reading it.

link   
reply to post by coolottie

Here it is dear

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sometimes we get a lot of subscribed threads and the older threads get backlogged.. delete some not so to your liking threads on your list and this one will pop back up

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I tell you one thing I hope they pay all the Mods good because they are on the ball on ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
www.asisonline.org...

Found this.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Honor93, I enjoy your no nonsense approach. There is something very obviously up with the huge increase of seismic activity. And when I say huge, I mean in frequency and in power. The rainbow mentioned in a previous thread is also strange.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Glad your thread was found, I remember it.

The Rainbow Clouds usually seen before Earthquakes - concerning to say the least.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

The Aleutian Islands are full of Volcanoes, where swarms make sense. Thanks for helping to reinforce my point! Volcanic activity needs to be discussed!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Just had one more quake in the past hour, about 3-4 mag.

I DID A THREAD JUST 2 WEEKS AGO, "NEW MADRID ALERT STRANGE RAINBOWS" IT IS GONE, IT IS NOT EVEN ON MYATS SITE. WHO IS DELETING THREADS.

THe mods,.
They do that for fun ,.. just to get to you,.

Yeah,, not really as you can see it is here

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Those are called nacreous clouds, they are an extremely rare site below the arctic circle. In that for though above the cumulonibus clouds, they are called pileus clouds.
edit on 16-2-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

www.ready.gov... as suggested by cwt8466

I often look the fool. Better to look the fool and know you may have helped, than to be silent and may have hurt.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Earthquake lights have long been associated with tectonic activity. Take a look at the sources referenced in the wiki and read some of the information contained in the links and you will see that it's pretty well documented.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I asked earlier if anyone from Memphis was noticing anything unusual in regards to their pets or if birds were behaving abnormally. I am now hearing a very distinct humming coming from the west from the direction of the Mississippi river. Is anyone else picking up on this? I've heard this humming for the last couple of weeks, but usually later in the night around 2 am - 3 am. It's very unusual to be hearing this at 10 pm, and i'm getting pretty concerned with everything that's happened today.

link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Sorry but that list is fake! The geologists say that injection does NOT create earthquakes. OK?

Whatever next. (Did you read the disclaimer for non scientists by the way? That should have been for the scientists!)
edit on 16/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

PuterMan, why are you incorrectly informing the public that geologists state that injection does not create earthquakes. Geologists and seismologists know that high pressure injection can and have caused earthquakes, this was proven by the USGS decades ago when the USGS tried to prove that it was a false accusation by a geologist in Colorado. Furthermore the list "Induced Earthquakes Bibliography" that UtahRosebud put on the internet is not fake and is easily proven to not be fake by simply tapping on the ones in the color of "Red", www.nyx.net...

edit on 16-2-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by daggyz

The most important thing to remember about the area is the sand. This is why Derek is feeling the movement when the quakes are relatively small. The waves travel easily through the sand. Another reason is that sand will be capable of absorbing lots of water. Water also always for waves to travel easily. This is why quakes in the area can be felt over great distances. As shown in historical account. This is why I am claiming that this activity will affect the fault under Memphis.

The quakes of 1811/1812 where felt over vast distances. And there wasn't just a main shock followed by aftershocks. There were many main shocks followed by thousands of aftershocks. Each shock destabilize another area and increase stress loads. The waves passing through this strada has no resistance. So the quakes spread. At the begining of this thread I posted the research on mid-continental quakes. They are different from the quakes along the coast and those that are due to volcanoes. These quakes and this area is unique. The majority of quakes in the world are along plate boundaries.

I'm not goin to speculate on possible volcanic causes. But the argument could be made. The faults running throughout the Mississipi River are thought to be from a rift. A tearing open of the earth. But the rift suddenly stopped. This weakened area is why there are earthquakes.

I think these quakes are a precursor. The quakes are running the same direction as the rift. But further to the west. This could be a fault that occur on a fold. Don't want to get too technical. I wanted to stick to the sand and water.

Eyewitnesses of the 1800's quakes describe watery sand geysers. Here's where I really start speculating because this is my hypothesis based on all the research I've found. The moon can trigger earthquakes. Someone find the study, I'm getting tired.

The moon is causing a tidal effect. Heavy precipitation has charged the groundwater aquifer. The gravitational pull is shifting this softened ground. Changing loads on faults.

The main cause for all the damage back in the 1800's was due to the soil. Liquification did most of the damage. Just like the 1906 San Fransico earthquake. It there had been heavy rains during the weeks beforehand. The 1811 quake may not have been 8.0 magnitude. It may have been 7.5 and the damage was mainly due to the unstable soil.

Next month there will be a full moon at perigee. It will be a big big moon in march.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I read your thread and it was beautiful. It is not deleted you just have to search it.

Are you sure it is missing?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join