It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

Right and there is something up with National Guardsmen right now, they are seemingly at ready for something to happen on a major scale. I spoke with one recently and he said that they will be there as peace keepers.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heliophysical1

Not directed at me, but yes you are way off base. Just like most of the ridiculous hype surrounding the spill was entirely fiction. Some here try to correct the wild, irrational stuff, but it's a loosing battle. Very few have the will or desire to learn and prefer myths to reality it seems.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liveyourlife

no need to search the threads, it is here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
notice the big circles on both sides of the activity zone? and all the water in between the two?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

well ok ... but do you agree that to infer these quakes are NEW since August is rather misleading to anyone reading it?? especially considering the level of panic this situation could present.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Do you think the Natl. Guard is in preparation for the drill in April or for something that will happen sooner than that?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I do find this very odd. with recent government activity like this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After doing a google search on New Madrid Fault System the story becomes even more odd.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wiki states in 1811 there were massive earthquakes in the area. With this many questionable events happening it makes me want to start watching radar weather patterns in the area for possible HAARP activity.

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the radar and have some info to chime in with?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

i grew up in the area and still have family and friends in little rock. i vaguely remember back in the early or mid nineties some guy(scientist i think) came out and predicted that new madrid was gonna unleash its fury at any moment. at the time i was living in an apartment and myself and the majority of my neighbors all went out and bought earthquake insurance. of course nothing ever come of it. This time seems different tho. i dont remember cluster quakes like whats happening now but then again i didnt really have access to info like i do now. I hope for my family, friends, you and yours that the big one does not come to pass

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by liveyourlife

no need to search the threads, it is here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
notice the big circles on both sides of the activity zone? and all the water in between the two?

That map is not even close to right about potential volcanism locations. Why scare people with crap?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Okay so maybe I'm off base by lumping the BP oil disaster into my point, so forget about that portion of my statement.

Earthquake swarms are typically associated with volcanic activity, this is fact. Not to say that it cannot happen for non volcanic areas, it just is the norm.

I don't think I'm too far off base to bring up the possibility of volcanic activity being at play here. Not to make reference to that horrible movie about an unknown volcano suddenly erupting in Los Angeles, but it is not in the realm of the impossible. There is much we do not know about what lies far below the ground deep in the core of our little orb, it is as mysterious as the outer reaches of our galaxy... we simply can only go so far in exploration.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

sure...nm

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by heliophysical1

Around the 1850's the Arkansas Democrat Gazzette published a story about a possible volcanic eruption in Logan County.

"It appears, from his statement, that Mr. Wm. Gipson, while bear hunting on Christmas day, attempted to cross Dry Creek, situated in T 5 N, R. 26 W., but found the mountain to be on fire. Gipson describes it as sending forth smoke at the top which at night time has a ruddy glare and is visible for miles...The ground is heated, and the sides of the mountain are numerous fissures, through which vapor is constantly escaping..."

AR Volcano

edit on 16-2-2011 by derek_m24 because: To add quote

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here is an article I found in regards to my question about a void.Not trying to be argumenative or anything I just found this interesting.Here is a snippet."In some cases, the oil may be too heavy to flow. In these cases, the crew drills a second hole into the reservoir and injects steam under pressure. The heat from the steam thins the oil in the reservoir, and the pressure helps push it up the well. This process is called enhanced oil recovery."And the link if I can post it.science.howstuffworks.com...

The only reason I am posting this is because in this article they refer to the oil being in a reservoir.And here is the definition of reservoir.
Reservoir:A receptacle or chamber for holding a liquid or fluid.
A cavity or part that holds some fluid or secretion.
So my question is then is it coming from between layers of rock or within a reservoir?According to the article it's a reservoir.So if that is the case,then when it is released from the reservoir does it leave a void?I guess what I am trying to say is when you extract something from the earth,let's say,200,000,000 million barrels of oil there will be a volume of space left unaccounted for

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I dont know I should have just come out and asked him more questions, but I was instead allowing the flow to just be told to me. I am a very talkative kind of person at times and at others i am quite the listener. When info is being given of a more private conspiratorial nature i tend to let it flow.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Also he did say that they were stationed up in Chicago. Or that was where the main base is at this time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

myth you say ??? without any research eh?
what would you call the Hot Springs area? (a caldera, maybe?)
perhaps you should read this ... abundanthope.net...
or this ... www.tulane.edu...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
[more

Thank you - guess we will just have to see what happens for the Natl. Guards.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I found a story which described this article, very interesting. Article on Arkansas Volcano 1859

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My brother is with the national guard, he CLAIMS he notices nothing different in the area. He says they are just going with the same daily activities. Sounds like aren't expecting anything. He's not being sent out anywhere.

His rank is decent.

I personally doubt anything happens.. earthquakes swarms come and go... that's basic geology.
edit on 16-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Get real. It's a tiny set of tremors all less than 2.5. The Aluteans get 100x more than that in a day, where's their big one. Why is everyone so paranoid. When a big one hit's it will do so beofre anyone on ATS predict it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Can any of you attain any maps that may show some sort of ground deformation in the area. It's also ironic that this swarm is happening so c lose to where the bird deaths were.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join