It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Fantastic read. Have to come back to see the pics. Well done OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please do come back and finish reading, it's worth the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not saying a lot on this, but have to say something about Reagan's Star Wars program. There is NO WAY that man was NOT finishing what he started. I can still remember, too, right after it was "canceled", all of the "non-specified military payload"s that went up with the shuttles. Yeah, the stuff is up there. More reason than his attitude to think so, but can't really get into that. Will simply say that sometimes silence on a topic speaks volumes.

You are correct.

My father was the director of aero-space engineering for the USAF from 1990-1998, and was part of aerospace technology design for most of his adult life.

He designed the Titan IV rockets, Delta class rockets (as referenced in this thread) and most importantly Star Wars. In addition to one of the 3 nuclear war scenarios the President has to choose from in the event of WW3.

Here is a list of his job positions from most recent to oldest (he is civilian now, although at age 66 he was assigned a special forces operation in Nicaragua, so I know the US military still uses him from time to time.) After he retired from active duty from the USAF, he went on to work for many of the private technology companies contracted by the USAF for classifed projects.

Vice President and Director at ITT
Vice President and Director at ITT Space Systems Division
Director of Space ISR Programs at BAE Systems
Director at Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
Program Director at United States Air Force

Some things have been de-classified about the program, and somethings are still classified. What has been de-classifed I can share, what has not I do not know as my father will never disclose what he has been charged to classify.

Star Wars exists and is fully operational. It is a satelite object loaded with 100 or so small nuclear warheads. It is part of a network of satelites that monitor all heat signatures in the atmosphere of the Earth. If any object triggers the sensors and is identified as an ICBM, Star Wars has the capibility to hit a moving target the size of a basketball traveling faster then Mock 3 with 99.95% accuracy rating.

About 15 years ago the last thing my father designed was the targeting mechanism. it was originally using mini thrusters on the outside to manipulate the satelite into targeting position (like aiming a gun barrel at your target). Back then it was upgraded using laser guidance and a sphrical motion (like a ball that can aim in 1000 different directions by pivoting internally), this modification brought the targetting time down from 5+ minutes to 30 seconds or less. Believe it or not it was the lubricant for this fast movement that was causing the biggest issue. No liquid lubricant that fit the needs of this satelite will hold up in deep space for any length of time. My father proposed the use of grafite (a solid that can be used as a lubricant in the freezes of deep space) and it was successful.

This is what I can share.

What I cannot know is why was Star Wars created in the first place. Yes it will be nice to intercept any incoming ICBM fired at the US, but is that the reason for 100 nukes orbitting the Earth that could be pointed out to space just as easily as toward the Earth.

I hope this helps at least answer what facts about Star War I can being so close to it's designer.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I'm sure there will be some who may question your post.
I on the other hand appreciate the contribution to the topis.

Nicely written.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I am not here for attention and I can verify my claims to an extent. The DVD at the Smithsonian (sp?) Museum of Air and Space in DC has my fathers picture on the cover.

I can proove my father is who I claim he is, and that i am his son, but as for what he told me, I cannot proove that so I suppose they can take it or leave it. It would be shame however because I can tell you a factual answer to a lingering question.

Great thread by the way!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Some things have been de-classified about the program, and somethings are still classified. What has been de-classifed I can share, what has not I do not know as my father will never disclose what he has been charged to classify.

Star Wars exists and is fully operational. It is a satelite object loaded with 100 or so small nuclear warheads. It is part of a network of satelites that monitor all heat signatures in the atmosphere of the Earth. If any object triggers the sensors and is identified as an ICBM, Star Wars has the capibility to hit a moving target the size of a basketball traveling faster then Mock 3 with 99.95% accuracy rating.

Hi Elohim. I presume that there is unclassified documentation relating to the above, since you say that everything your father has told you is no longer classified. Do you have knowledge of the specific names/details or where to find information?

The network of monitoring satellites is not controversial, however a weaponized satellite with nuclear warheads certainly would be. Without knowing further details, this appears to be a violation of a treaty signed a number of years ago (Kennedy era perhaps?) which banned orbital nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Thanks for saying so..

I believe you.
Thanks again

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Some say that during a biochemical war, an orbiting space station is safer than an underground bunker back on Earth.

Though you may be able to get more people into an underground bunker.

The price for a seat on an orbiting space station is rather steep.

Though tax payers foot the bill for America's few most favored politicians.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Fascinating info, and much appreciated! Totally understand the classified business; husband was intel for a time. Suspect we are happier NOT knowing a lot of stuff, and I won't ask. With Reagan, though, would guess that he intended a dual purpose. That would fit his comments, and be the most logical conclusion.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Before you click on these links, realize that space-based weaponry is ILLEGAL, breaks multiple treaties, and has been deemed "unconstitutional" here in the US. If ever asked, you're required to disavow knowledge of any systems of this type.

Enough said. /rolleyes

Further "proof" here:
DoD's Future Defense Plan

Also:
The Space-Based Laser Integrated Flight Experiment:
Global Missile Defense in the Boost Phase

Page 10 - Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle

Page 7 - Orbiting LEAP (Lightweight Exo-Atmospheric Projectile) kinetic warhead
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
nice post slayer its my way off thinking to
keep going

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tracher999

I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to read through the Material presented.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
capibility to hit a moving target the size of a basketball traveling faster then Mock 3 with 99.95% accuracy rating.

I have trouble reading this, I'm sure that's due to that stuff being top secret. What's "capibility"? What's "faster then"? Finally, I have no clue what "Mock 3" means. Are you mocking me like 3 times in a row? Shame on you!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

-------------Thread Update--------------

I try to keep on top of all the related threads posted here on ATS. This one caught my eye and I'll provide a link to the new thread regarding the "the National Reconnaissance Office"

Rocket with Secret Payload Launches from California

Originally posted by tport17

Rocket with Secret Payload Launches from California

news.yahoo.com

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (AP) — A rocket carrying a top-secret payload blasted off Tuesday from the California coast.

The Delta IV rocket lifted off at 4:12 p.m. from the Vandenberg Air Force Base, about 130 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Since the launch involved a classified cargo for the National Reconnaissance Office, no details were immediately available about whether it was boosted to its intended orbit.

The reconnaissance office, which oversees the nation's constellation of spy satellites, has kept mum about the purpose of the mission and directed United Launch All

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

As a wild guess, this is the interceptor meant for the NK space vehicle to be launched next week.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I appreciate the heads up. Have a link you could provide us with more details?
Thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and full of great information. +1

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Where was I when you created this thread? And why haven't I seen it before until now? (Don't answer those questions) But seriously, well done on this thread. I am currently at work and cannot watch the videos you posted but I will do it tomorrow when I get off work.

Well done!
Thank you my friend!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Giant Sinkhole created by U.S.A. Area 51 Dreamland laser to be use on Iran

Navy destroys ship with powerful laser
www.smartplanet.com...

www.PetitionOnline.com...

uk.oneworld.net...
US using 'dangerous new form of weapon

edit on 10-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by buddhasystem

I appreciate the heads up. Have a link you could provide us with more details?
Thanks in advance

You are welcome:

www.cnn.com...

Pyongyang, North Korea (CNN) -- Defying warnings from the international community, North Korea launched a long-range rocket on Friday, but it appears to have broken apart before escaping the earth's atmosphere, U.S. officials said.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Amazing reading. I am struggling to not use profanity to describe how awesome.
Cheers.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join