It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I cannot star and flag you enough Slayer!

This has been my belief as well since the early 00's. I remember reading an article in Popular Mechanics (if I'm not mistaken) about an "ambitious" plan by the USAF to have "Space Commando's" by the 2000's sometime. I mean, all that R&D funding has to be producing some results!

I also believe governments around the world are much more sneakier then we would like to believe, or even can begin to imagine. They have tech that they show us, and then they have tech that no one can ever know about until that tech is common place. This is so they can keep their edge. I believe within 10 to 20 years these "space commando's" will be common knowledge as with a lot of the tech you wrote about in your main post.

Keep up the awesome work, this is why I love ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by servumlibertatem
So what's the aim of all of it? Countermeasures to countermeasures...a first strike from anybody looks doomed to failure, is there really any threat?

Logically, it would seem it's all for public show...and the thought that it's all about money for Northrop/Lockheed etc...I find hard to believe. The more I learn, the more I find the 'game' confusing...

Science is the creator and destructor of itself
War and Fear breeds technologies. There are those who like the power and there are those who like the capabilities
There is a difference. Both are required to keep folks from striking. However things have come along so far that we do need a backup of a backup (countermeasure to countermeasure) of capabilities. This game will go on forever since its the human nature to survive and thrive(at any cost).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I appreciate the feedback. I'm in the middle of writing several threads.

One related.

As always Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great work and info, but writing the following: " .... This in not intended to be any sort of rah rah US is # 1 crap..."
makes me not want to read whatever you write. Without a strong America the rest of the world is in deep doo-doo.

This is a serious attempt to inform the masses about the very real possibility that Space has either already been militarized or at the very least very close to being so and could potentially already be in it's final stages. We just don't know... "

Yes, we do..... China has already militarized space. And the treaty just signed by our marginally documented "president" just put our butts in a sling, and prevents us from deploying "star wars," which works quite well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

I appreciated the reply.
I'll reserve the right to disagree

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

Aren't the videos listed above the EXCT SAME THING AS THE ONE HERE? Which was rigorously debunked in that thread.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone just pointing out that seemingly identical anomalies pass muster in some threads yet quicky debunked in others. Is it bias or something different? Just kurious. Thanks.

edit on 22-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: fix poor typing

Yes they all look the same.
There is one in this series that IS not the same incident.

That is how you recognize them.
Triangle space ships made by Tesla.

There is no debunking except by anti Tesla agents.

edit on 2/23/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Thanks for posting the link.
I mentioned the robot in the OP you possibly missed it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Thanks for posting the link.
I mentioned the robot in the OP you possibly missed it.

Yep I know-

We spoke about it a few pages back. Just wanted to add the headline to your thread.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Good thread, and thought of it when I saw these stories, and wanted to share

Navy laser project just broke some records as the most powerful laser, and can currently burn through 20ft of steel per second!, but the goal is 2000 ft per second!!!

www.wired.com...

Currently, the free-electron laser project produces the most-powerful beam in the world, able to cut through 20 feet of steel per second. If it gets up to its ultimate goal, of generating a megawatt’s worth of laser power, it’ll be able to burn through 2,000 feet of steel per second. Just add electrons.

Scientists have created an anti laser, that can absorb an incoming laser! The researchers say its for optical computing not energy weapons, but I wonder if it could be adapted?

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 24-2-2011 by warpboost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
maybe darth vader rules the universe with laser guns

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

Thanks for the links.
checking it out now.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe that the star wars are very real
and that we should be prepared for anything

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin9258

Care to elaborate on that?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes, good thread and well received. Its all about potentials to 'them' and hiding the potential technology by putting the research into a different area of purpose.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Great first post. S&F. No doubt there us some serious # going in up there and we probably don't know the half of it

(I'm hoping that was really the only point of posting the Fire From the Sky piece about 20 pages later, because the way it was written (over 16 years ago) had 'imminent danger' witten all over it and obviously nothing of significance has happened - to the knowledge of the rest of the uninformed world)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

IT began in 1974,where the us managed to understand a technology they looted from the ufo crashsite at roswell.It took them 20 year or so to finally understand it. In the media half a year ago we got informed that we have found a planet very similar to our own earth. The fact is that we found these planets in the late 70s. We found 5 planets,the closest planet to us is the one mentioned in the media. We also have a base there atm.

This is a secret wich also has been verified by a former nasa scientist and a "need to know basis" officer.

Buzz aldrin has also informed about our station on MARS. He had to after he by accident mentioned mars 3 times on national Tv, when the tv host were talking about the moon landing.

You can very soon buy a 1way ticket to mars for a large deal of money. Wich also have been informed in the news. But do not worry, we have a settlement on mars per today.

And we already travel by stars,since 1974\76.

Want facts? Dig for yourself, you might be as lucky as i was.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Star Wars officially started when it was publicized satellites were being blinded with Lasers, China.

Did we blind theirs first? We many never know.

Nor will we ever know if those 30+ Russian attempts to Mars were thwarted by us for psychological warfare against them. Maybe Star Wars started decades ago....if so it's classified.

There's a downside. All the classified things we have in space....Russia and China could shoot them down. Because the American people don't know they exist, our Government could never come out and say China blew up our moon base. It doesn't exist in the peoples minds and thus nobody would buy it.

Problem is....no other country has the capability to reach what we have in space. They are all 100 years behind us.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

-----Thread Update-----

Interesting thread....
Air Force's 2nd Secret X-37B Space Plane Likely Testing Spy Satellite Tech launch today

The U.S. Air Force is poised to launch its second robotic X-37B space plane on a secret mission today (March 4), with some experts speculating that the classified flight will test new spy satellite technologies.

The robotic X-37B mini-shuttle is slated to blast off today atop an Atlas 5 rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on the second flight for the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office's X-37B program. The launch time is set for 3:50 p.m. EST (2050 GMT), though a dismal forecast predicts a 70 percent chance of foul weather.

Today's launch will be the first mission for this particular X-37B, which is known as the Orbital Test Vehicle 2, or OTV-2.

The Air Force has one other X-37B space plane, OTV-1, which just returned from its maiden seven-month space mission this past December.

Air Force officials were tight-lipped about OTV-1's mission, and they've been similarly vague about what OTV-2 do, since much about the X-37B missions is classified. For example, the military has not released details about the space plane's cost, payloads, flight plans or orbital location.

This secrecy has fueled speculation in some quarters that the X-37B is the vanguard of a new space weapon fleet.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Meh...I get that whole dynamic, but the basic premise of this thread is that 'we' are a number of years ahead of what is currently on public display...

If this is the case (and I believe it to be so), nuclear weapons technology and usage doctrine would appear to be obsolete. There is no certainty that a first strike would have the desired effect.

So what I wonder is while we are distracted by missle and nuke tests in the DPRK, developments in Iran, etc...what is it that we're really missing?

Another x37 launch today, what the heck are they doing up there? Very curious.

edit on 7-3-2011 by servumlibertatem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join