It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Recent Terrorism Dry Run on Flight 327?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember more than one incident in the year following 9/11 where passengers and or crew refused to board aircraft. In some cases the people causing the concern were pulled from the flight.

If the airlines were hit in the pocket book by passenger action then I believe they would lobby for a change in the currently rediculous guidelines they have to abide by.

Hang a sign like one see's in restaurants, bars and stores saying "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone for Any Reason" period.

Flying on a commercial airline is not a "right" its a business transaction.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Why is it when she and her husband exchange glances, they are being 'alert Americans', but we she sees others do it, they are 'suspicious'?

Maybe all of those secret concetration camps aren't being built for us, as the NWO theorists claim, but for them. Then we can sew little patches on thier clothes.

The author has said that they were checked out by a litany of federal agencies, and they were musicians! I'm not saying terrorists can't learn how to form a band, but if you were terrorists, would you be as obvious as they were?

Maybe they were washing thier hands before thier daily prayers, and that rolled up carpet thing she saw was a prayer mat.

She says the Washington Post investigated her claims, but didn't run the story. Cover-up? Or did the Washington Post figure out the story was full of falsehoods?

Why did she wait so long to tell her story? She's a journalist, right? Or did the other similar newstories 'remind' her of this incident?

Let's wait until we figure out the facts before we start the police state, please.

Maybe the 'terrorists' were these guys?

EDIT:

Originally posted by Phoenix
Hang a sign like one see's in restaurants, bars and stores saying "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone for Any Reason" period.

Flying on a commercial airline is not a "right" its a business transaction.

Phoenix, I know you are not a right wing nut, but an intelligent person who has an opposing viewpoint from me, but how would you feel if the airline wouldn't let you board because you looked like a right wing nut? You were a member of the NRA? Or an anti-abortion group? A Timothy McViegh type? Do you really want decisions like that left up to the screener at the airport, or anyone?

[edit on 16-7-2004 by curme]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Speaking of right wing nuts, I was at the airport the other day, and the security guard was talking to a woman in security complaining about how he is tired of waiting to be able to shoot someone. Not sure if I am more scared of terrorists or people like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am just shaking my head because people value Political Correctness
OVER Self Preservation

I just don't get it..PC is self defeating..
It's the Achilles Heel of the United States.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
(hope it's okay that I posted this, meaning the hello) Just wanted to take a moment and say hello, this is my first time posting here... however I love the site and I check it out often.... The only other board I go on is just a small simple, plain jane board, but love it just as muc, we talk about everything, if anyone wants to comeover you are more then welcome, however I love this board and would really like to get to know peoples take on things..okay over and out... reading the front page on here... I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
Fancy

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is a hoax, but here are my problems with this story:

There has plenty of warnings issued to federal agencies about the possibility of terrorists assembling bombs in airplane restrooms. Knowing this, wouldn't one of the undercover Air Marshalls get in line and use the restroom and search it? This would not blow his cover and allow him/her to find out if anything fishy is going on. At the very least, a flight attendant could use the restroom and search (I don't think they have their own restroom).

Also, if the pilots were truly concerned about what was going on, wouldn't they be able to "simulate" some bumpy turbulence and turn on the fasten seat belt sign. I've been flying for over 25 years and there hasn't been one flight I've been on that didn't have turbulence. If after all this the "terrorists" still acted strangely and didn't take their seats, this would have forced the crew to take control of the situation. Plus, I don't buy the fact that the Air Marshalls couldn't do anything until a law was broken. If I were acting strangely on a flight and was questioned by a flight crew or Air Marshall, I would find it inconvenient but also be appreciative. There is no way Federal Air Marshalls would allow this behavior to continue.

Just my .02

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Some more questions:

How in the world is a flight attendant writing something less suspicious than the husband of a lady who keeps staring at everyone?

If there really were multiple air marshals on board, why did they even need their description?

If the proper authorities had wanted people�s statements wouldn�t they have rounded up everyone? Where are her fellow passengers now?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Phoenix, I know you are not a right wing nut, but an intelligent person who has an opposing viewpoint from me, but how would you feel if the airline wouldn't let you board because you looked like a right wing nut? You were a member of the NRA? Or an anti-abortion group? A Timothy McViegh type? Do you really want decisions like that left up to the screener at the airport, or anyone?
[edit on 16-7-2004 by curme]

Um because I'm a middle aged technical services type person I believe I've felt that kind of discrimination in the line at "Starbucks" when surrounded by the yuppie suits. Didn't bother me a bit because I know for a fact I make more money and felt they could take their superior attitude and stick it in their wallet.

But back on subject what makes you think me as a hypothetical business owner has an obligation to serve you? What right do you have to tell me how whom and what I will make my profit from. It is my right to decide under what circumstances I will offer you services. If you don't like it go somewhere else. If there are enough with your opinion then I'll go out of business simple as that. If on the other hand I and I alone offer the safest mode of transportation due to my strict policies and people beat my door down to get that safety then I am offering a valuable service that I can then charge more for. Its called capitolism in a nutshell.

You can choose me but also I may choose you its symbiotic in the end.

In this particular case because I dicriminate against a niche market it will allow you to start an airline for nothing but disatisfied customers of "Phoenix" airlines - an exceptional opportunity for you my friend.

link   
If an air marshall was on the plane, it would seem dumb to reveal that they were an air marshall unless they had to act. Kinda takes away the element of surprise. One air marshall could easily be overpowered by 12 people if they know who it is.

link   
14 arab men would have to know the kind of fear they will instill in people if they congregate out of their seats speaking arabic. If they were just musicians that play vegas they will be aware of the concerns that face us these days. If this is true it is insane that we cannot single out people from high risk countries like Syria while letting them know its nothing personal, but it wasnt a group of asian business men that flew the planes into the towers. If they had nothing to hide they wouldve hopefully felt safer knowing the plane had not given up security for political correctness. If they take issue then either they have something to hide or they have no regard for our legitimate self-preservation effort. And what would the air marshalls have done if they had assembled and detonated a bomb? How can they not pre-emptively engage them if they are congregating suspiciously and tell them to be seated and that agents were on board and they were being watched. It wouldve been too late. If they are really trying to stop another attack, they will change these ridiculous rules.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

You can choose me but also I may choose you its symbiotic in the end.

In this particular case because I dicriminate against a niche market it will allow you to start an airline for nothing but disatisfied customers of "Phoenix" airlines - an exceptional opportunity for you my friend.

Great. Airlines, buses, trains seperately for blacks, whites, hispanics, etc. Minorities are poorer than whites, so thier modes of transportation is going to be worse. So now only the rich can afford to travel safely? Sounds like a scary place, and I pray it will not become America.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yea but if the air marshall revealed himself, they could get his gun, maybe thats what they were after all along.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
But according to the article there was more than one agent on board, which if the story is true, indicates they check the flight list and if they see 14 muslim names, they send more air marshalls, which if true would indicate at least some progress in security. Also they couldve instructed the flight attendant to approach them, let them know their behavior is "not gonna flY" literally, and advise them there are agents on board and that way their identities would not be compromised.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
jd27

Excellent point...Not every flight has even ONE air marshall..
Somebody was suspicious from the get-go.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Great. Airlines, buses, trains seperately for blacks, whites, hispanics, etc. Minorities are poorer than whites, so thier modes of transportation is going to be worse. So now only the rich can afford to travel safely? Sounds like a scary place, and I pray it will not become America.

curme, If it is a US government tranportation system, they are obligated to give equal treatment iregardless if you want to blow it up or not. If it is a government subsidized system then the government can reasonably request that equal treatment be given to people that want to blow it up. Thats all constitutionaly protected - no argument there. If the government does not offer comparable service such as "Phoenix" airlines then you may petition your congressional representitives and try to change the situation in an effort to obtain better services from your government.

However you have NO RIGHT under the constitution to tell me how to run my business, nor should you be able to use the power of government to sidestep your powerlessness to get your wish that you can tell me how to run my business.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I've said this before, in another thread..

But I HAVE been singled out...
Olive complexion ( I'm 1/2 Lebanese), travelling alone.
Small amount of luggage..
3 trips through Phoenix Airport..
I was "randomly selected" 3 of 3 times
from the security lines, to have my baggage inspected more thouroughly..

How Random is that?

I was not bothered in the least. I felt safer, not discriminated against..

P.S.
I'm a Techie dude too, Phoenix.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
O.k., I thought these people were questioned upon landing? Is this true?

An air marshal will not let the passengers on the plane know who he is. It stands to reason the marshal on board if there was one would have been on top of it. They just dont let anyone know they're on top of it.

I'm going to side with the airline on this one. They knew what was happening, they just didn't let the people on the plane know.

I only read half the post here so maybe I missed something. I just don't see a big deal. As far as all the people getting up at the same time, well maybe when the one came back, if it did happen, the accross the throat move could have also stated to the others that their gig was up. Maybe it wasn't a test. Maybe the air marshal stopped the attack. Maybe I'm full of it. We'll never know. You see what I'm saying? Were all becoming freaked out. It could go either way. Maybe they were terrorist? Maybe they wanted to take a leak. Strange as it may be, it could by nothing, me, I dont fly, are you kidding me?, I drive.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's an update I recieved from Women's Wall Street. I joined thier mailing list and recieved this e-mail.

We have received thousands of emails about Annie Jacobsen's article, "Terror in the Skies, Again?" We are also receiving dozens of phone calls from the main stream media. They are now working on the story to break it nationwide. Thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative, about the article. We are a free America, and we welcome an open discussion about this important topic. A second article written by Annie Jacobsen about her recent experience on a flight from Detroit to Los Angeles will be posted soon.

Also, if you were a terrorist, would your signal to other terrorists be a finger across the throat? Wouldn't you pull your ear or something?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Also, if you were a terrorist, would your signal to other terrorists be a finger across the throat? Wouldn't you pull your ear or something?

Well, actually, I was thinking grabbing your balls and making the gookie face would be it. You the hell are you? Did you get the sanctioned manual for approved terrorist signals or something?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Well, actually, I was thinking grabbing your balls and making the gookie face would be it. You the hell are you? Did you get the sanctioned manual for approved terrorist signals or something?

I just thought it would be a little too obvious of a signal. This article fascinates me, and I'm dying with curiosity to see if it's true. It raises a lot of serious issues and questions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join