It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Recent Terrorism Dry Run on Flight 327?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
why arent they playing music in syria?

it sounds weird to me

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Its definetly strange, also, if they had applied for extensions on their visas, wouldnt immigration have given them some kind of temporary registration, kinda like the MVD when you register a car? Or can anybody with an expired visa just board a plane by saying they had just applied for an extension? If thats the case theres another gaping hole in security. I wish more people could see that the issue here is the grave problem with our safety in the air due to poor security measures and blood red PC tape. Looking past this pre-occupation with this frightened womans account of the issue, to the issue itself-14 Syrian men allowed to board with expired visas (extension pending fine, but there should be documents validating that) and behaving in a blatantly suspicious manner, even if the man wasnt "mad dogging" the woman, they shouldve been asked not to congregate out of their seats like they were on a rock tour bus, even if the current state of relations between us and the Islamic cultures werent where they are. Sure these guys probably were musicians, the problem is they also couldve very easily been militants, theres no real way to be sure, but not even checking their visas screams to me they werent screened properly, luckily securities negligence didnt cost lives, and very likely a further collapse of the airline industry. But if things dont change, $hit$ gonna get alot worse for all of us.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigal66
what are 14 syrians with expired passports doing here?

why arent they playing music in syria?

it sounds weird to me

I agree, there's more to this story than meets the eye. When was the last time you heard anyone here in the U.S. say, "I'm going to buy tickets for a concert to go hear some authentic Syrian music!"
My gut tells me that saying they were musicians and in a band was just a cover story. (Well, they could be going on vacation together, but that still wouldn't explain their behaivor on the flight.)

Have these Syrians been sent out of the U.S. and back to Syria? What happened to them after the flight ended?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Now in light of the recent thwarted plot in Britain, the behavior of the men on NW flight 327 in 2004 seems even more like a practice run. Their actions fit perfectly with what would have to occur during the assembly and detonation of a multicomponent liquid bomb. Hmmmm ...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join