It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Recent Terrorism Dry Run on Flight 327?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is very interesting story. It also means, that other 911 events are possible, and if already, the terrorists have tested and will be testing the security.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
That is a frightening story. The frustration being of course the constraints of the law. Terrorists know the law as well or better than anyone. They perhaps analyse it to see the constraints within which they can operate without being arrested (prior to actually committing a terrosist act). One thing that occurred to me is that the air marshals would have to act if a civilian non-terrorist passenger kicked up a fuss, started an argument, had a fight with the people acting suspiciously, i.e private citizens can force the hand of all the people involved in this cat and mouse game. Still of course you might end up in jail for air rage!

[edit on 16-7-2004 by martiantourist]

[edit on 16-7-2004 by martiantourist]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't know what to say about this. My daughter flew to my mom's last Christmas and my mom said they had to take off their shoes, the car was searched, bags searched, everything. Last week my daughter flew to visit and they didn't even look in her backpack. I find it rather "odd" that security was more lax this trip in light of the "updated warning" last week. If anything, it seems it would be even tighter since we have been told we WILL be hit?!?!?!?! I used to think that the crowd who believes the government might be behind or allow something to happen to sway the election was a bunch of fruitcakes, but now I am really wondering if they are right

Anyone else have any recent flights and noticed this? My mom is very upset, and I am not feeling to great about it myself.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well if its illigal to stop and question people of minoritys on planes even when they are acting wierd then that is also racist to people of "non minority" groups

They could of been acting wierd and then could of sued the airline for questioning them wether they are a "terrorist with the intention of planting a bomb" even if they dont do

What do they consider a minority group?

In the UK its people who are not white/caucasion regardless of what race they are (thats my understanding of it anyway) even tho if its not what its ment to be because its easier to cover your tracts and arrest some 1 of your own race as they carnt charge you for racism ect

Its common sence really

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Something about that article, just sounded fakey to me. Then, the author quotes Ann Coulter? When has she been a credible source for anything? The article just sounded like, to me, some uptight white woman scared by people who aren't white. So she writes some article displaying her paranoia. Maybe they weren't really in the lavatory for 4 minutes each, maybe there was just a couple, etc. People exaggerate when they are scared. I just don't know if this story is 100 percent true. Sounds a little too farfetched. As if she was using broad statements, tweaked some events here and there, to make a point.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Something about that article, just sounded fakey to me.

curme I know you will probably distain this consevative source confirming Anne Jacobsons story, but she is a credible reporter and author even if you do not usually agree with her conclusions on other subject matter.

Michelle Malkin

Regarding Annie Jacobsen's intriguing article, I just got word from Dave Adams of the Federal Air Marshals Service (FAM). Adams confirmed that he spoke to Annie Jacobsen, was quoted accurately in her story, and confirmed some of the basic facts outlined in her article (there were 14 Syrians on the flight; they were questioned by the Los Angeles Police Department, FBI, FAM, and so on

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I would like to give you an AP link or something similar but they seem to be ignoring this story.

Btw, there is another instance that similar circumstances have occured two weeks prior to Anne's experience on a flight into Detroit but the sourcing is not as reliable as someone like Ms Jacobson who writes for an affiliate of the Wall Street Journal, When that information solidifies I'll certainly post it.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Something about that article, just sounded fakey to me. Then, the author quotes Ann Coulter? When has she been a credible source for anything? The article just sounded like, to me, some uptight white woman scared by people who aren't white. So she writes some article displaying her paranoia. Maybe they weren't really in the lavatory for 4 minutes each, maybe there was just a couple, etc. People exaggerate when they are scared. I just don't know if this story is 100 percent true. Sounds a little too farfetched. As if she was using broad statements, tweaked some events here and there, to make a point.

Listen, why don't you share the article you're referring to so that we can read it too.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
James Woods
Remember the James Woods story?

He had a similar experience. Just before 9/11.
Later, he was able to conclude that at least a couple of the
guys he saw on this "dry run" were on the hijacked planes.
He notified airline employees, as he thought he SHOULD DO.
Remember this was PRE-911, and he still noticed the oddness of the situation.

Here is a partial transcript of an interview:

Terrorist Dry Run

edited for bad typing habits

[edit on 16-7-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
James Woods
Remember the James Woods story?

Woods report was filed away and forgotten about until 9/11, one has to wonder how many people would be alive and how history might have changed had he been listened to with more urgency. It is striking to me that the major media is flat out ignoring Jacobsons story - for all we know right now today more dry runs could be happening that the public hasn't a clue to watch out for.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
yeah, how about that post...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The article just sounded like, to me, some uptight white woman scared by people who aren't white. So she writes some article displaying her paranoia.

Little harsh there aren't you curme?

From the article:

Before I'm labeled a racial profiler or -- worse yet -- a racist, let me add this. A month ago I traveled to India to research a magazine article I was writing. My husband and I flew on a jumbo jet carrying more than 300 Hindu and Muslim men and women on board. We traveled throughout the country and stayed in a Muslim village 10 miles outside Pakistan. I never once felt fearful. I never once felt unsafe. I never once had the feeling that anyone wanted to hurt me. This time was different.

It seem fairly obvious that her experience on this flight was unique and not the rantings of an "uptight white woman"

Also her "paranoia" was shared by entire flight crew and a number of passengers. Enough so, that the airport was notified and the men detained for questioning.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh, dear.

Sure Curme, all white people are paranoid. Minorities NEVER do anything bad. Its just white paranoia.

Middle easterners NEVER plot attacks to mill and maim thousands. Nope, just more white paranoia.

It sounds to me like you discredit this article simply because shes white and the suspects arent. grow up dude.

This whole thing is VERY creidible, seeing how the feds were called in, and brief mention of it has appeared on other networks.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
It sounds to me like you discredit this article simply because shes white and the suspects arent. grow up dude.

This whole thing is VERY creidible, seeing how the feds were called in, and brief mention of it has appeared on other networks.

The whole thing sounds fishy to me. Things just don't add up. The author said she read thier lips. She can read Arabic? How did she know they had one-way tickets? How could she see what she saw from where she sat? Would flight attendents really act like that? Maybe I'm wrong, but here are some links that discuss the possibility that it's a hoax. I've been trying to track down the validity of this article, for my own curiosity, but the silence is deafening. People can't even figure out who this Annie Jacobson is.

LINK
LINK

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The whole thing sounds fishy to me. Things just don't add up. The author said she read thier lips. She can read Arabic? How did she know they had one-way tickets?

The one way tickets are listed on the flight manifest I think. However, here is my major problem with the article. If the flight attendant was suspicious, how come she did not have the pilot radio ahead and have the Feds waiting to ask these questions. Also, they could also attempt to track the people after the fact and assestain if they really existed or were thier tickets bogus etc. If the flight attendant felt that sure about things that had gone on, I put money on the fact that she would have let the pilot know and he would have called for FBI to meet the plane or even set the plane down at thier first oppurtunity.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This from curmes supplied link to "stromata blog" says its definitly not invented.

As noted in a comment, Michelle Malkin has received confirmation from a (named) source at the Federal Air Marshals Service that "there were 14 Syrians on the flight; they were questioned by the Los Angeles Police Department, FBI, FAM, and so on; they were a musical band". Hence we know that Annie Jacobsen did not invent out of whole cloth. But did the Syrians engage in the bizarre rituals that she attributes to them? The anomalies in her account remain. I'll be interested to see whether other passengers come forward to confirm them.

Looks like the musings of another pundit looking for attention at their blog site.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Okay guys, here's the thing.

I know some questions are being raised about this story. That's good, question what you doubt.

I wouldn't normally say something like this without more information, but ....

The ATSNN editors are attempting to contact Mrs. Jacobsen for further info or an interview about this story.
If we are able to contact her and arrange an interview, these questions you have could be posed to her.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The one way tickets she found out later on about, when she questioned. Reading thier lips? Nothing odd about that. She read the word: No. No big deal there.

As for acting suspicous and the flight attendants? it clearly states they had air marshals on board. From what I gather, the feds were phoned in while the flight was still in the air, but the situation was considered under control, no need to turn the flight around. The flight attendants were probably told by the air marshals not to say anything at all, so they wouldnt blow thier cover. It seemed the air marshals knew what was going on, but since they could not make an arrest seeing how not events were directly taking place in violation of laws, they couldnt do anything, and prefered to stay quiet so they could observe better and collect data.

The flight attendant clearly stated she was aware of what was going on, was communicating in secret with both the marshals and the pilot.

The feds were already waiting at the airport when they landed. Obviously, there was notification.

I still am not seeing anything suspicous here, curme. I was also looking for anything that looked wierd, but I see nothing.

Except for the fact that 14 Arab men with the same country on thier passports were all alowed to board the flight together and no flags or concerns were raised. That in itself is wierd. Why there wasnt immediate concern, Ill never know.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

If the flight attendant was suspicious, how come she did not have the pilot radio ahead and have the Feds waiting to ask these questions. Also, they could also attempt to track the people after the fact and assestain if they really existed or were thier tickets bogus etc. If the flight attendant felt that sure about things that had gone on, I put money on the fact that she would have let the pilot know and he would have called for FBI to meet the plane or even set the plane down at thier first oppurtunity.

uhhh...did you read the whole article? Apparently the crew did just this. The FBI, LAPD and a host of alphabets were waiting at the gate when the passengers unloaded!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I fly every week. I have nothing against arabs in general but if I see a few suspicious looking arabs waiting for a flight I tend to consider switching to another flight.

My question is, before anything clearly dangerous happened, what could they actually have done about it?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Could someone have hired these 14 suspicious looking "arabs" to act suspicious? I mean, these obvious gesticulations and all. They must have known people were watching them. It just seems too obvious this whole scenario. Make it look like they were planning something. Cause fear. Start rumours that suits their agenda. Justify "war on terror". Distract the speculations about 9/11 not really happened the way we�re told. ...I really don�t know. It is an election coming up after all. Or is it...?

I should have a very good reason before I�d go up in a plane just now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join