It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Issue 5 Evil Winter 2001/02
Private Lunar ESP: An Interview with Edgar Mitchell
Fia Backström and Edgar Mitchell

Edgar Mitchell, an astronaut aboard Apollo 14, was the sixth man to walk on the surface of the moon. While on board the spacecraft, he conducted a series of private ESP experiments that had not been approved by NASA. On his return he founded the Noetic Institute of Sciences in northern California. Trained as a military test pilot, he holds a Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT.

www.cabinetmagazine.org...

Edgar Mitchell talks about the ESP expierments he did while on Apollo 14, not hard to find this information.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I asked how the ESP paper you are advertising is relevant, and/or proves alien life exists.
You completely failed to answer.

Thanks for wasting both of our time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes there is something out there, but not what most people think it is.
Just because Mitchell has prominence with a back ground as he has doesn't make him god and what he's telling you is truth. He could just be another part of the deception plan, and a lot of you are just eating it up.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it is funny i am a believer however my intellect still has major issues coming to terms with the fact that an actual BEING/CREATURE is at the helm.

i do believe ive seen a UFO and do believe in et life however its just the thought that an ALIEN is piloting the helm that boggles and deters my mind and thoughts from further commitment and well understanding.
its much easier to fathom a craft as opposed to a pilot i dunno does this make any sense?
edit on 14-2-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

im not hungry and dont eat often

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I wouldn't worry about it mate, just think of it as an upmarket animal rather than an alien, and it's sorted.

That's pretty much all we are too.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one
Mitchell also believes in distance healing, so because of who is is should we believe it to be true?

No. I've answered this question in my previous post. There is no 'should'.

Originally posted by Logical one
Obama believes in God, should I now shake off my atheistic views because The President Of The United States says God exists

It's not a relevant comparison.Obama is simply selling what most people believe (and have done since before history, in one form or another). Mitchell is selling the opposite, what most people don't. If you can't see a crucial difference there I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Time and dimensional travel may not necessarily cause paradoxes,because it may not be possible to travel back to the EXACT place and time that you want.....mmmmm....it may be called Fractal Time Divergence if anyone who matters thought and wrote about it.If I'm even on the right track.

(Whilst surfing for this post,I came across this external link Calabi-Yau and my head immediately fell off and rolled under the table.)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Obama believes in God, should I now shake off my atheistic views because The President Of The United States says God exists

Well...no, of course not. Obama's religious beliefs, anyone's religious beliefs are a matter of faith, not fact.

Obama's faith is not evidence of the existence of a deity, it's only evidence that Obama has a religious faith.

Whereas, Ed MItchell is talking about things he says he 'knows', rather than things 'he believes'.

If Obama came out tomorrow and said, i know there is a deity and i have proof, that would be different wouldn't it.

Besides, millions of people - possibly billions of people have seen UFO's with their own eyes, on TV, on video, on radar, in space.

Not too many people have seen their deity...and if they claim to have done, they are usually locked up and treated to a handful of psych drugs every day.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Maybe Justin Bieber or Lindsay Lohan should be our new spokesperson

In the GRAND scheme of things.....they already are. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm so tired of all people talking but never submit any evidence for Control.I belive the eminent
Mr Michael Cohen is the right man for Mr Edgar Mitchell's ET confessions. I'm feeling disturbed -
something feels wrong with Mr Mitchell.
So near, but so far away.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthedoubter
reply to post by spikey

Time and dimensional travel may not necessarily cause paradoxes,because it may not be possible to travel back to the EXACT place and time that you want.....mmmmm....it may be called Fractal Time Divergence if anyone who matters thought and wrote about it.If I'm even on the right track.
(Whilst surfing for this post,I came across this external link Calabi-Yau and my head immediately fell off and rolled under the table.)

Yeah, i see what you mean with what you say above.

You're talking about divergent dimensions yes?

For every instance where we would expect a paradox to occur, such as the old favourite of going back in time and killing your great grandfather/mother (how could we be born to go back and kill him or her, if we killed them before we were born? etc.), instead of a paradox, a new and separate time line or quantum dimension would be formed to cope with and filter out the paradoxical effects of the killing...both dimensions and both realities existing parallel to each other and simultaneously.

I wouldn't like to test that out in any practical way...would you?!

It's entirely possible though...what is it these days...mainstream physics reckons something like twenty odd dimensions are thought to exist? Perhaps there are millions...or more.

If future time travel has been/will be perfected, then the paradoxes would already have occurred in the past, in either our present, past or future up until the point the hypothetical time traveller activated his machine...for that, new alternate dimensions would already have been created to cope with them.

And if what we hear about quantum entanglement being able to effect paired particles over *time* as well as distance, this could be a part of the mechanism of dimension creation?

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...

It's easier living a lie rather than the truth for most people. Let's face it, they would rather see celebrity news than listen to this guy talk about aliens, which they have been brainwashed to think its all science fiction.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Mitchell's disclosure is sorry to say completely useless.

Why? Read on:

I havent seen the interview yet, though I know from experience and by watching several similar UFO/ET revelations that none of these figures EVER provide credible and verifiable evidence to make me believe anything they so wish to claim. It's all clever guess-work. Which begs the formidable question: Who's right and who's wrong?

Pretty sad. No one has the guts to present some real, factual information to support these radical points-of-view. Much of what's out there concerning UFO's/ET visitations is 99.9% subjective speculation and 0.1% worthy of investigation.

Really, it's that fraction of a percent that truly matters...the information which noone seems to possess. We quarrel day and night with the thing which we are so willing to believe. The government, which NASA and it's astronauts are very much apart of. Again, quite sad.

Mitctell's 'testimony' does not phase me. Like one member said, this man can have all the credentials in the world and yet is no more right or wrong than the rest of us. The way I see it whether disclosure is happening now or in the future everyone will pretty much ignore what's stated, or re-arrange it through the filter of their perspectives.

I hope the truth is revealed and that we finally realize our place among the stars but in the end is it really worth it? Whether our race finally realizes we are not alone, or if our star neighbors remain elusive to our grasps does not matter. Humanity will continue pillaging the Earth as it has for millenia, eventually spiralling to an immolation spawned by ignorance and belligerent insanity.

Unless we change these ways, and soon, I really see no other end result. Depressing, to say the least.

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A most excellent find my friend.

Very interesting to hear the thoughts of a NASA astronaut and I like Howard's style of interviewing.

I guess only time will tell if any of his comments will become official public knowledge. Interesting that he said he didn't encounter anything throughout his space travels, so maybe these UFO's are coming through a stargate or the like. I have often thought that is how they travel to Earth, particularly after viewing some UFO footage and what I have personally witnessed.

I hope disclosure isn't too far away now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...

This just proves how the mainstream media is completely disconnected, and answering only to its... internal constraints.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthSeeker1996

What do you want? A photograph of the president shaking hands with a grey?

One of the most trusted and respected astronauts of the USA has come forward and said "Aliens Exist"

This isnt some guy sitting in his mothers basement reading ATS, watching Youtube.

This is a man who has been in space.

I'm personally weighing the scale, right now im teetering towards "Aliens definitely exist"

Yet I'm not certain yet who they are, what they are and 'how' they are. Nothing is certain.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well...no, of course not. Obama's religious beliefs, anyone's religious beliefs are a matter of faith, not fact.

Obama's faith is not evidence of the existence of a deity, it's only evidence that Obama has a religious faith.

Whereas, Ed MItchell is talking about things he says he 'knows', rather than things 'he believes'.

Well that's not strictly true, Ed Mitchell is talking about things he is basing on what others have told him, and Mitchell has "faith" in these people that what they are telling him is true.
You also have "faith" that what Mitchell is saying is true based on his "faith" that what he is being told is true.

So in the end it's concrete evidence that counts, and as yet Mitchell hasn't come up with any.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I know we're not supposed to make one line posts but really all I can say is

Puh-lees.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
its not a lack of evidence that is killing any disclosure it is the charactor and means by wich the disclosure is conducting themselves.
even though to us we see him as a true source of value and stature the fact is that even the craziest news is heeded provided that the disclosure of the news really is what they seem.
this astro not is just lacking the depth and info that a real disclosure event hes just like us here gossip not news no facts just ideas his experience isnt even that wich he claims its third hand or personal interpetations he has no direct evidence of what he claims if he did CNN would be airing it as we speak...
if i had an alien in my attic IE american dad and called my local channel 12 news you can bet your ass the world would change today there would be no need for slow trickle disclosure thats just cusion for the blow of no PROOF.
Yes we do need a smoking gun

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join