It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

OK....spikey...RE: that video (thanks for finding) it took some sleuthing, but I have the answer. Still digging to find the exact transcript point (the quality on the video is poor....can't quite read the time reference...grrrr!).

They were deploying the MET, and setting up to carry the ALSEP a bit away from the LM.... which helps pin it down(** FOUND it, below!!)....but wanted to post this, because it explains what Ed Mitchell meant when he said "We've had visitors again." He was talking about the practical jokes pilots play on each other....leaving little surprises hidden under covers and stuff (used to be VERY common on airliners, too, back in that time period...dirty pictures, mostly. Heck even into the 1990s....but, Political Correctness, and complaints from female pilots, put an end to the practice. This time, not dirty, just a prank):

As they unfolded the MET, Mitchell dryly remarked, “We’ve had visitors again.” The backup crew for Apollo 14 had left the prime crew a present in the MET — a parody mission patch, seen here in this picture from the ALSJ. The backup crew had designed it themselves as an “alternative” to the real Apollo 14 patch. It depicted Wile E. Coyote ( www.earthtothemoon.com... ), who represented the prime crew, heading to the Moon only to find that the Roadrunner, representing the backup crew, had gotten there first. The patches were left in various places in the Apollo 14 spacecraft for Mitchell, Shepard, and Roosa to find during their mission.

www.bautforum.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(**): The point in the transcript and the description, all from the ALSJ:

(This matches that YouTube clip)

115:02:18 Shepard: (To Ed) Okay. You ready? Get the wheels first.

115:02:27 Mitchell: Okay. (Pause) Wheels out, 180, gear down and locked.

115:02:42 Shepard: Both tires are inflated properly on the MET.

115:02:46 McCandless: Roger. Out. (Pause)

[Unlike the Rovers of the later missions, which have wire-mesh tires, the MET has rubber tires inflated pre-flight to 1.5 psi (absolute) with nitrogen. Each of the tires is 16 inches in diameter and is 4 inches wide.]

115:02:52 Mitchell: Wait a minute. (Pause) Okay.
115:03:07 Shepard: Okay. Put it down. (Pause) Let's get the...(Pause) Deploy it while it's still up here. There we go.

[After unfolding the wheels, they have to lock the front legs and handle into place. NASA photo KSC-70C-165BW shows the MET next to LM-8 at the Cape.]

115:03:24 Mitchell: Well, let's see...We've had visitors again.
115:03:28 Shepard: Yeah. Hardly worth mentioning.

115:03:33 Mitchell: Agree. (Pause)

[Jones - "I had heard that the backup crew had put greetings in lots of places on the spacecraft. Did you just find one on the MET?"]
[Mitchell - "I think what we're talking about there is one of their patches, because they put the goddamn things all over the spacecraft and, whenever we opened up something, there would be one of them. It had a Roadrunner on it and was a parody of our patch."]

[The exchange 'Visitors...hardly worth mentioning,' is, of course, a very dry, joking dismissal of the backup crew.]

[Journal Contributor Andrew Chaikin wrote in his book A Man On The Moon, "Before the flight, Cernan's crew had devised a mocking version of the Apollo 14 mission patch featuring the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoon characters. On it, the Coyote, representing Shepard's crew, reaches the moon only to find the Road Runner -- Cernan's crew -- is already there, waving a 'First Team' banner. Along the border was printed the Road Runner's trademark 'Beep Beep'. The real message was unfit for publication: 'Watch your ass -- we're right behind you.' During the flight, Shepard's crew discovered Road Runner patches in every notebook and storage locker in their two spacecraft. Even on the lunar surface, they couldn't escape: There, on the MET, was another 'Beep Beep'." (Used with permission.)]

[Journal Contributor Brian Lawrence has supplied a copy of the patch and notes: "The backup crew (Roadrunner) are depicted waiting on the Moon for the prime crew (Wile E. Coyote) to arrive. The Coyote has red fur for Roosa, a pot belly for Mitchell, and a grey beard for Shepard."]

115:03:39 Shepard: Okay. Houston, as you can see, the MET is deployed properly.

history.nasa.gov...

Sorry, but that was bugging me....had to find it all in CONTEXT....and it's quite mundane, actually....

edit on 14 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know if E. Mitchell or anyone for that matter states in public things such as "the government is lying about everything" of course he eventually gets told to shut up. Conspiracy theories don't help the nation's trust in its leaders. And if he does, it doesn't mean the government are hiding aliens. That's why E. Mitchell is careful of accusing organs of society, I would think.

I've yet to see that interview, but bear in mind he might have lost his sanity.

Of course I hope he is telling the truth!
edit on 14-2-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It would be nice if there was some actual physical evidence produced, but that is probably asking too much.

When a former astronaut like Dr Mitchell comes out publicly, and makes such statements, it adds a great deal of credibility to the speculation.

If ETs are here, and in contact with secret government agencies, or what ever, then what is stopping disclosure. A large percentage of the populations sees this as possible, so there isn't any real shock being prevented.

It really just increases the possibilities for further speculation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Edgar Mitchell talks about the ESP expierments he did while on Apollo 14, not hard to find this information.

Thanks, Aq -- but this is just Mitchell telling you what he wants you to know about his views of the experiment. Where is the published paper, in 'Journal of Parapsychology', June 1971, with the raw data so you can check Mitchell's interpretation? Is that available anywhere?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I wasn't aware of it. I just found out about it a year ago. It was intriguing to say the least. I'd be happy to hear what they have to say. Give me a link or something. I'm not a ufologist or anything. I do my best not to spread lies. So I'm in the wrong here, I fully expect the bat. Sorry. Looking forward to a reply I'll keep it in my favorites if I see anyone else mention this case.

Thanks, Jonny, you found the Wikipedia summary, written by UFO believers who just repeat Cooper's story, and the McDonald report, which among other things:
has no mention of Cooper being involved AT ALL
has no mention of any 'landing' or legs, just a constant-level drift-past
has no mention of the actual Blue Book case number which allows anyone to obtain the film referred to in the McDonald account.

...so the McDonald report is at variance with Cooper's story in a number of crucial factors.

Putting aside the case itself for a moment, the question on this thread is Cooper's credibility. How could he have been in charge and seen the pictures when McDonald seems to have known nothing about it (he obviously would have used Cooper's name to lend further credibility to the report, had he known it).

Added to this is the written account by Gettys, one of the photographers, proclaiming he had no idea Cooper was even on base -- he had no connection to the photos and was never shown them, according to the primary witness. His testimony is corroborated by Hubert Davis, the AF Lt. who was on fill-in duty at the 'Blue Book' desk that morning. No Gordon Cooper, not then, nowhere.

Is it plausible that Cooper, on base, heard the story and over the year's adapted it as one of HIS own stories, placing himself in the center of the narrative for dramatic purposes?

(bolded the part I will reference here)

Here:
www.ufoevidence.org...

JF: Did you know where that footage went of the flying saucer that landed on the tarmac?
GC: It went to Washington; that is all I know.

JF: Did you ever keep in touch with anybody about it, or discuss it?
GC: How would I keep in touch with anybody? There is no way in the military or within the government of keeping track of something that is classified unless you are directly involved in it and I was not. I had no way of knowing what happened.

JF: Was it included in part of the Project Blue Book investigation?
GC: No, it was not. And that was one of the complaints that I had about Project Blue Book. In my opinion, Project Blue Book was totally a whitewash.
Either he has amnesia or was incredibly mistaken or he's a liar.

Or we're talking about two different cases. One recorded and in public domain, and the other not.
edit on 14-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think the main point is for people to just have a little bit more of an open mind to what is not only beyond our galaxy, but also what is in our current galaxy. We don't know everything and we should be a little more skeptical of everything that goes on around us in everyday life. Whether ET's are visiting our planet or not I don't think is really the point. The point is people will start believing whatever makes their lives easier. Show proof that ET's are visiting the planet, who cares. Show proof that ET's are visiting the planet with a tool that makes their lives easier and I bet you will have lots of peoples attention then.

Also just look back at the Civil Rights movement or even slavery. When you compare the difference in time between the age of the universe and the age of humans or even shorter the age of modern history, it's not even worth mentioning about. If that is how we treat our own race imagine how we would treat a completely different species that has all the same bio functions to live, communicate, etc. yet the types of elements needed for its survival is completely different from ours. If ET's exists and they wanted to co-exist with us the integration would take generations, as the pace would move at the natural progression that humanity functions at.

Or even worse what if the ET's decided that we can a perform a function that will save them life costs. I wouldn't want to be enslaved by an alien race, and I don't think you would want to be either.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Mitchell has been in space- aliens come from outer space, therefore he must be a whistleblower who is telling the truth... All the believers say he is best placed to know the truth and announce themselves satisfied...
I just wonder of Mitchell said he believed in the tooth fairy would all the believers be so impressed...?
I guess that what I'm trying to say is that everyone has their own points of view and what you do for a living really doesn't come into it...
I have a friend who is a clinical psychologist who believes in the hollow earth theory! Should I also believe him because he is a well respected scientist?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by JimOberg

I get the distinct impression that most folks around here would rather NOT test Mitchell's believability.

From reading your replies in many similar threads it appears your SOP is to attack the credibility of anyone that speaks of anything unusual..

If I was to believe all your posts I'd have to draw the conclusion that everyone involved in the space program are a bunch of lying loonies...

By no means. You'd have to ask why it is that people who tell weird stories about UFOs also often tell weird stories about other stuff.

Like, Gordon Cooper and his telepathic message from space aliens that he used to save the space shuttle program. Would somebody please step forward and defend the veracity of that story and explain why we all should believe it?

"Attack" is a trick word used as a gimmick for deception -- often, self-deception. The proper word is 'assess' We should do it with all opinions we are being bombarded with.

And in your universe, do you always judge someone's reliability by how closely they agree with you?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And in your universe, do you always judge someone's reliability by how closely they agree with you?

No mate, I argue the facts..
When doing so I don't ask the person I'm debating with what their mental state is or what other beliefs they have that may conflict with the current debate or show them to be less than credible..

I haven't asked you have I.???

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Not unlike the Akashic Records then?

Akashic Records

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It would seem logical, based on eyewitness accounts, that at least 3 species of Et's have visited our planet. It's no suprise to me on hearing that comment from Dr. Mitchell or anybody else, by the simple fact that it has never been proven not to be true. Save, for numerous hoaxer's out to discredit The UFO community, or a willingness to gain notoriety and fame based on false pretense's.

Erno

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

It would seem so. We are Awakening now!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Do you believe it when you're ex president says "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" ?

Man ..... I didn't believe a dam thing that bloke said....ever
, not my ex president anyway , I'm British

I don't find it hard to believe that multiple species are coming to this planet , there may be thousands of intelligent species in our neighborhood , maybe hundreds of species able to observe our planet and a percentage of those with the ability to get here .

Who wouldn't want to come here after spotting this
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/631f353e812c.jpg[/atsimg]

I know ! Isn't that pretty! Our planet is beautiful. I dont know how they could stay away!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I am sure that if I was passing by, I would decide to pull over and take a break there.

I would even take my litter away with me.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Either he has amnesia or was incredibly mistaken or he's a liar.

Or we're talking about two different cases. One recorded and in public domain, and the other not.

Two separate cases, both involving cameramen named Bittick and Gettys, who conveniently FORGOT to mention the second case when discussing the 'first' one with investigators? Extremely unlikely, IMHO.

Cooper shows no signs of being a liar, although his story has 'evolved' over the years [which may be why Mitchell refuses to disclose the version of it that Cooper probably told him in 1968-9].

Here are links to some of my investigation results:

www.jamesoberg.com...

where you find the subject, "Gordon Cooper UFO-related stories"

with these individual entries:

2008 Note-of-Interest: Why Would Cooper Tell Such Tales?

Reply to Cohen critique (2003)

Cooper saves shuttle with relayed telepathic warning from space aliens

Cooper’s Gemini Stories Versus NASA History Archives

Cooper’s Imaginary Gemini-5 Meteor Attack

Cooper Garbles McDivitt’s UFO Story

Massive Effort To Locate Cooper UFO Report

1997 - Wall Street Journal on Cooper’s Business Disasters

1984 - The Hunt For Gordon Cooper's UFOs [original paper -- read first]

Area 51 and Gordon Coopers "Confiscated Camera"

From my 1984 report [which Cooper and his co-author had copies of]:

Now, in fact those photographs did not vanish after all: they had been sent to Project Blue Book, at Wright- Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio, per regulations (I even have talked to the officer who did the original Blue Book interviews, former Captain Hubert Davis, who had been greatly impressed with the witness's sincerity) . Years later the photos were pulled out of the retired Air Force files by UFO writers and investigators, as yet ignorant of the still-unpublished "Cooper connection". Two of the photos appear in Brad Steiger's paperback "Project Blue Book" (Ballantine, 1976) in the set of illustrations between pages 360 and 361. Wrote Steiger in the caption: "UFOs on target! Photos taken by United States military personnel" for case #4715, Edwards AFB, May 2 [sic!] 1957. But that case number did not appear on another list in Steiger's book, which included all "unsolved" cases. The Air Force must have found a satisfactory solution -- but what?

There is no evidence that Cooper ever heard this explanation, but he evidently had same misgivings about the case. In 1978, in his second interview with Spiegel (this time for OMNI), he evaded any discussion of the Edwards case by saying, "I'd just as soon not get into the Edwards incident. I didn't get to see anything personally, it was all second hand evidence really." That it was, and Cooper's caution was commendable -- if perhaps a bit tardy. His name had already been interwoven with the incident, and probably permanently.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No mate, I argue the facts..

Good plan. Now, what 'facts' do you know about how accurately Mitchell presents claims about paranormal events? How can his claims be tested? His report on what he claims was a statistically successful space ESP experiment on Apollo-14 can be analyzed to compare with his conclusions -- do you know of anyone in the Universe who has done that? Should somebody do that?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Good plan. Now, what 'facts' do you know about how accurately Mitchell presents claims about paranormal events? How can his claims be tested? His report on what he claims was a statistically successful space ESP experiment on Apollo-14 can be analyzed to compare with his conclusions -- do you know of anyone in the Universe who has done that? Should somebody do that?

JO, you've posted on ATS long enough to know how it works..
We debate the "facts" pertaining to the thread..This thread is,

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

Now, if you wish to discuss another subject then I suggest you start your own thread..

Or do you wish to carry on the deflection scenario?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Now, if you wish to discuss another subject then I suggest you start your own thread..

Or do you wish to carry on the deflection scenario?

Sorry if it seems a 'deflection', it probably really is an approach that is strange to you.

In my defense, I thought the issue of independent verification of credibility of stories told [without evidence or first-hand knowledge] by anybody would involve a search for other similar-theme stories that might be subject to independent checking. Have you seriously never heard of anybody ever doing that before?

What is your own methodology of assessing the believability of such uncheckable hearsay?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 6205LH
I don't care if Edgar Mitchell, Barrack Obama or Vatican will admit ET presence on earth. I will still not believe a damn word from them, unless i see ET's with my own eyes and have some conversation with them. Everything else is irrelevant and all those lights on the sky are planes, airships or various other experimental crafts from military contractors, but not ET's. No chance.

Let me ask you this. Have you ever seen Queen Elizabeth with your own eyes? If not does she not exist? Have you ever been to the Hawaian Islands? If not guess they dont exist either. Pretty silly to say you wont believe something usless you see it with your own eyes. You wont see half this planet with your own eyes. Depending on your income you might not even see 1/10 of the planet with your own eyes. Hey heres another. While you are in your bedroom you cannot see your kitchen. (maybe you can but for arguments sake lets say you cant) Does your kitchen cease to exist?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Jim, you should try politics - they'd love you there.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join