It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is stupid !

Dr Edgar Mitchell just wants the UFO community,
to believe that he went to the moon forty years ago.

He was never there.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Ove38 because: link to image

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by TheTruthSeeker1996

What do you want? A photograph of the president shaking hands with a grey?

One of the most trusted and respected astronauts of the USA has come forward and said "Aliens Exist"

This isnt some guy sitting in his mothers basement reading ATS, watching Youtube.

This is a man who has been in space.

I'm personally weighing the scale, right now im teetering towards "Aliens definitely exist"

Yet I'm not certain yet who they are, what they are and 'how' they are. Nothing is certain.

I was never doubting if aliens existed or not. Personally, I believe their real. What I was trying to get across was if everyone else in this world would be as open-minded as I am. Like I said, credentials don't matter it's what you know that counts. I have the utmost respect for Mitchell, but that doesnt mean I can't be skeptical of what I hear.

Are you just going to believe everything someone tells you is the "truth"? Being critical is essential in getting to the objective truth of things (which is difficult. Honestly there will always be a little subjectivity within an un-certain reality).

Though a picture of the president shaking hands with a grey would be nice, you never know. There's always the chance it's photoshoped.

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

It's not a relevant comparison.Obama is simply selling what most people believe (and have done since before history, in one form or another). Mitchell is selling the opposite, what most people don't. If you can't see a crucial difference there I can't help you.

Firstly, I am not asking for your help FOXMULDER, nor do I think I'll need it.....but thanks for the offer!

Secondly It was you that brought Obama into this discussion not I.

And It was you that wrote:

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

... which proves, it's not about evidence. It's about who says it, and their level of influence.

My post was to merely illustrate that it is not totally true........evidence is ALWAYS key......no matter who you are.

If Obama came out and said yes we are being visited by ET, then sure the believers would be rejoicing, but at the same time most of the world will be asking , "Show us the proof".

Should Obama not show the proof, then he would become a Lame duck president.

So my point is, you can't just say something without backing it up with good evidence or proof, Mitchell is no different.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Good point! The question is how do we know it would cause a paradox? The paradox idea is earth based thought, so how do we really know it would cause a problem?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one
So in the end it's concrete evidence that counts, and as yet Mitchell hasn't come up with any.

Concrete evidence of this kind is outside the reach of one man alone.

Even if Mitchell knew where to look for the real evidence (and he probably has a better idea than most), its likely he would be blocked at every turn. It would be pointless to try, alone.

When he says these things all he's hoping for is that people will listen. But, in large, they don't.

It's no good to simply say "where's the evidence?" - by his own admittance he has none. That kind of response keeps us on the starter blocks. The better response should be "really? tell us more...".

All I'm saying is... if I was Chief Science Advisor to the President and Dr Mitchell wanted to talk, I'd tell everyone to shut up and listen.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthSeeker1996
Mitchell's disclosure is sorry to say completely useless.

Why? Read on:

I havent seen the interview yet...

And that's where I stopped bothering to continue to read your post...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Maybe we'll never find that "smoking gun". But I'm highly optimistic, that it at least should be possible to find - bullet holes...

As I wrote in another thread:

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by DocEmrick

So the question is - is there any chance for us to find the ultimate truth within all the crap and disinfo?

I think there is...

Maybe we'll never find the "smoking gun".

But maybe there's the chance to find the bullet holes of ricochets...

Maybe we'll never find pictures of the 4 (?) dead alien bodies recovered in Roswell.

But maybe there's still a sales-slip documenting the Air Force's hastily purchase of 4 child's coffins at a local Roswell mortician in the Summer of 1947.

I don't know how the american tax-system works, but here in Germany we have to give data to the tax authorities for every income we have.

Possibly, also this one mortician in Roswell had to make an account.

Possibly, the chance to find a track like this is very small.

Maybe we'll never see the devil because he hides behind too many masks.

But maybe we'll get him just by the strange smell of sulfur vapor that can be smelled everywhere where he set his foot on.

By the way - don't dead bodies smell?

And how do especially dead alien bodies smell?

Isn't it warm there down in Roswell, New Mexico?

Has probably been a hot day there back in July 1947.

Any reports, that the "dummies" unbelievable stunk?

Get what I mean?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
But the moon landings are a proven hoax (to those of us with eyes to see and brains to process), so therefore, any disclosures from this man should be viewed with scepticism.

You actually have it backwards. Plenty of proof the Moon landing's happened and no proof they did not.

Of course if you are the first person in history to come up with proof, why are you not posting it here? It would make you famous. To date, only foolish nonsense has been presented by the we did not land on the Moon crowd.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

And now I have. And my opinions havent changed.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Truth is , this planet has been visited even before human beings existed. Even more now that we have been broadcasting radio signals into space, and also atomic blasts , which echo out into space ( and spell KAOS to anyone that can pick up the signal). There was probley just one species that came to our planet before we came to be( our creaters ). Now we must be the focal point of this part of the galexy. There own history must have told them not to directly interfear with another civilisation (world) because of the effects it would have on there (our) beliefs, history and everyday life! We have been getting a taste of alien technology for a few years now through reverse engineering from crashed craft or simply 'gifts' from our eager visitors to our world leaders. You dont need someone with credentials , or a leading professer to give you belief in this subject. It is something that is without question been happening for years. What the people need though is for these visitors or a certain species to awacken us to our true potential and show us how to use 100% of our brains , if only.......

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

definitely agree there it isnt about total doubt but lets face it there has never been any real proof even if it doesnt take much common sense to understand there is life every wheres around us.

to me it seems more likely that time is our biggest enemy when it comes to facts its naive to think in our short twenty - century that they have visited us and left new evidence more likely they were here a long time ago or are still on their way to us space is VAST and we are small and hidden

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What is the quantum hologram?

Edgar Mitchel:

The concept of the quantum hologram is based on quantum emissions from all physi­cal objects, you, me, the camera. Any physical object of macroscopic size, molecular and above, emits quanta of energy and absorbs quanta of energy. The quanta emitted from every object we've discovered carries information about the physical. The quantum hologram is this informational structure about a physical object and it is non-local, which means it is not space-time restricted. It appears to be a proper mechanism for explaining virtually all of these types of psychic manifestation that we humans know. We are now beginning to understand what consciousness is, and what we understand so far is that the quantum holographic record survives. It is our history, it records our passage, it records what we do, and it's available to the future. It appears to be nature's way of preserving our experience; that's the non-local part. It's the informational part of us, so that everything we do as physical beings is recorded in the ephemeral quantum holographic record, the giant hard disc in the sky, if you will.

Resource Website: www.cabinetmagazine.org...

Behind every hidden lie, lies some truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Between the heavy reveberation/crappy audio quality and the constant denture whistling, I couldn't even listen to this interview. Might be nice if someone transcribed it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Great post Gortex. sandf

Mitchell seems genuine and humble to me. He makes no wild claims in my opinion. He doesn't seem to be selling snake oil or anything and whether he's been to the moon or not he deserves to be given some credence because of his qualifications.
And although I don't think his view of things is the same as mine regarding ET's (probably due to something along the lines of FoxMulder's explanation)
I welcome his input into the whole UFO/Disclosure debate even if he was lying... which I don't think he was.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I get the distinct impression that most folks around here would rather NOT test Mitchell's believability.

From reading your replies in many similar threads it appears your SOP is to attack the credibility of anyone that speaks of anything unusual..

If I was to believe all your posts I'd have to draw the conclusion that everyone involved in the space program are a bunch of lying loonies...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
if we are judging this mans credentials then he is no more qualified or learned then many who would say is story looks like good swiss cheese.
yes because he was in space creates an illusion rather any human who has direct proof is as qualified or better depending on their education to bring ET disclosure into the headlines it would be an amazing morning to click the tube on and see UFO found or alien contact MADE on the headlines of all the major MSN networks

its an illusion his astronaut backround paints he is not the one folks but there will be other pseudo events and we may never have any real proof and we may have to learn the idea is greater then the smoking gun

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Isn't this the base for the Holographic Universe theory , it was mentioned on Horizon a couple of weeks ago ....absolutely fascinating .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

NEAT O !

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I never believed the Moon hoax crowd. To me it's the most rediculous sub-group of the alternative community. For the love of God, I mean, there are so many eyewitnesses, film, photos, and confirmations from the astronauts that saying we never went to the Moon equates to saying the world is flat and stars are actually motherships orbiting Earth (no, really, there are actually people who believe that!) .

To anyone who still believes we never visited our Moon: If the Mythbusters special wasn't proof enough, then I really don't know what is.

I guess in these crazy times, there have to be equally crazy people.
edit on 14-2-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The evidence that the moon landings happened is there , NASA left science experiments on the moon that are still being used today .
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join