It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Very well said. This has been my fear all along.

Elvis could come riding back here on a spaceship and perform a live concert in Central Park with the ET's as his backup singers, and still..nobody would listen.

Mind control. Pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Im just wondering about the old disclosure thing....
If the Aliens are the ones that are threatening disclosure.... instead of the it being controlled by the governments.

Maybe this is why there are so many Alien invasion movies being made and released... are they trying to subliminally make us afraid or something.....?

And as for the guy that cannot accept more than one Alien species possibly visiting us... well... actually, im not gonna bother responding... you simply cannot cure stoopid.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I find it just as mind numbing as the EM interview, that people come onto ATS, with a closed mind about disclosure and the whole UFO thing. I mean, thats what ATS is for, people with open minds lean ng towards this subject, it really stuns me that these types come on here

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I hope when these "ET's" make themselves known to the entire world they better hold a press conference. I only want to know some burning "why" questions ...

-Why did they wait so long to announce their presence to the world?

-Why would they make contact with governments that rule the masses instead of the people?

-Why have us kill and pollute this planet if they have the technology to show us how to eliminate it?

-Why give their technology secrets to the military so they can use it on us or use it to develop weapons for wars?

-Why did you allow the U.S. to use nuclear weapons in World War 2?

-Why would you let people who believed in your existence be the subject of ridicule? (I had to throw that one in there
)

---I also had a list of "How's" and "Who" questions but I digress...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

A quick answer to all your questions would be , maybe they ( if they exist) are not allowed to interfere for fear of causing a Paradox . Maybe they can do nothing more than observe until mankind reaches a certain level of development... Who knows ?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I may have missed it, but Hughes does not clear up the question of how Mitchell knows we have been visited by these ET species.

Something that concerns me in the ET circle of insider "experts" is that they seem to mimic one another. Followers then give credence to what one says because it mimics ("confirms") what another said. Yet they have no evidence - none. Just lips flapping.

So does Mitchell condend we are dealing with several species based on his own witness and experience or is he just aping what other "insiders" have said? If he is going by his own experience, the usual journalistic question of why, when and where are necessary to evaluate the value of what he is saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

A quick answer to all your questions would be , maybe they ( if they exist) are not allowed to interfere for fear of causing a Paradox . Maybe they can do nothing more than observe until mankind reaches a certain level of development... Who knows ?

Thats a fantastic theory and would explain a great deal. The only problem with that is we are now going backwards. International relatonships are as strained as ever. Its been the best part of 60 years since WW2 finished and we still haven't learnt our lesson.

We have an incredible planet and all anybody does is fight over what they believe to be theirs. Why would any civilised beings want to share anything with us. We are disgusting, selfish and for the most part, confrontational and violent creatures.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I'm surprised no one mentions Gordon Cooper. He was an astronaut too. He tells of an instance in the desert near Edwards Airforce Base in 1955 where a filming crew caught sight of a flying saucer that landed near the airfield. He said it had landing legs. And it zipped away. He said he packaged the film and sent it to the government for review and never heard anything of it again. It's a really bizarre account.

It's a famous story, Jonny, but you omit any mention of the testimony of the photographers themselves, of Cooper's boss, of the officer who did the initial Blue Book account, and of a world-class ufologist who investigated the case and testified before Congress about it in 1968.

How can you reach any conclusion about any case with only one person's testimony while ignoriong all the others? Don't be so helpless -- find OUT, then decide.

edit on 14-2-2011 by JimOberg because: sp
I wasn't aware of it. I just found out about it a year ago. It was intriguing to say the least. I'd be happy to hear what they have to say. Give me a link or something. I'm not a ufologist or anything. I do my best not to spread lies. So I'm in the wrong here, I fully expect the bat. Sorry. Looking forward to a reply I'll keep it in my favorites if I see anyone else mention this case.

My own research just now produced:
en.wikipedia.org...

Astronaut Gordon Cooper reported suppression of a flying saucer movie filmed in high clarity by two Edwards AFB range photographers on May 3, 1957. Cooper said he viewed developed negatives of the object, clearly showing a dish-like object with a dome on top and something like holes or ports in the dome. The photographers and another witness, when later interviewed by James McDonald, confirmed the story. Cooper said military authorities then picked up the film and neither he nor the photographers ever heard what happened to it. The incident was also reported in a few newspapers, such as the Los Angeles Times. The official explanation was that the photographers had filmed a weather balloon distorted by hot desert air.

This mentions it, Case 41:
www.ufoevidence.org... sium.pdf
edit on 14-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Thats a fantastic theory and would explain a great deal. The only problem with that is we are now going backwards. International relatonships are as strained as ever. Its been the best part of 60 years since WW2 finished and we still haven't learnt our lesson.

We have an incredible planet and all anybody does is fight over what they believe to be theirs. Why would any civilised beings want to share anything with us. We are disgusting, selfish and for the most part, confrontational and violent creatures.

On the whole I tend to agree with you , if you look at it on a national scale , but I think individually speaking , mankind is developing and moving forward
edit on 14-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...

Glad Gordon Cooper is being mentioned. He was also highly educated, had decades of aeronautical and aerospace experience, combat fighter pilot, the works. He even went all in and approached the UN about the UFO issue. How Seth Sleestak´s views somehow trumps that guy is beyond me. A witness to a crime in a court of law can convict another person to prison, but a witness to a UFO event doesn´t mean a can of beans...regardless of how professional that person may be.

edit on 14-2-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let the discrediting begin!

What's that?...he's crazy you say?That must mean he's lying!Kidding of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

-Why did they wait so long to announce their presence to the world?

-Why would they make contact with governments that rule the masses instead of the people?

-Why have us kill and pollute this planet if they have the technology to show us how to eliminate it?

-Why give their technology secrets to the military so they can use it on us or use it to develop weapons for wars?

-Why did you allow the U.S. to use nuclear weapons in World War 2?

-Why would you let people who believed in your existence be the subject of ridicule? (I had to throw that one in there )

I think the majority of these questions can be summed up if we imagine ourselves going to the jungle and making contact with chimpanzees. You wouldn't interfere with their day to day activities, even if it was cannibalism and murder, if you thought they were not intelligent enough to except it, and let’s face it the average human hasn't got past our natural instincts of fear, greed, envy.......
It would make sense to make contact with the "leaders" in secret to keep a total collapse of our perception of reality and especially if their “goals” are of their interests and not ours. Look at how we have handled the Chimps and the resources around them. Humans spend an insignificant amount of money/time/resources on Chimps. Sure there are some that have taught them sign language, learned their communication methods and societal structure, studied them through experiments, worked to give them land (national parks, etc), but ultimately they are considered a much lower life form(soulless, dumb…) and when confronted with our wants and perceived needs (oil, farm land, lumber) they are expendable.

So, if aliens are coming to Earth and want to help us, study us, take Earth’s resources, kill us, eat us, or anything else, I think all would look the same.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...
Exactly who are we waiting for to give us the word?Our government?And this is what I don't get,the very people that has been lying to us over 60yrs and we are waiting for them to tell us the "truth" about aliens and ufo's I find that to be unbelievable.Even more so are we waiting for the "msm"?,another good source for lies!.We know they exsist,over half of the population knows they exsist,even more knows they're here already.Who are we waiting for ?to me it's no longer a question if they exisist it's more like when do get to meet them? How many people have attested to the fact that they're here,you could wrap their credentials around the world a few times and they're still going to be people that are going to disbelieve no matter what,why try to convince them?My question is what is the next step,because the ufo's are no longer unidentified,we know what they are and who's in them,we need a plan of action not a debate on whether they're here or not, what do we do now??

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'm gonna take a crack at this. There are four options that I see.. Firstly, the EBE's might not be nice. I don't think I need to elaborate on that one really. Second, the EBE's might not think we are ready. We are not evolved enough. Think about it, we kill each other over almost anything. Hell, I just got an e-mail not 10 minutes ago with someone cursing at me about anchor babies. Those "bastard children that suck off of us.". Really, that's the kind of planet we live on. Where people literally hate babies who are not of the right birth (like babies can help being born). We aren't exactly evolved are we? If they did give us something we'd probably just hurt ourselves. The next option is that the EBE's don't feel they have the right to do anything. Perhaps they just observe. And of course, there is the last option which would be that the EBE's have no idea what they want to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Amazing , did not know that. Point is that we have proof of bacteria entering our atmosphere from outer space. None for ET's. And that is what this debate should be about. Not about a "famous" ( not everyone knows this guy) person saying there are ET's. And even saying there are many species just blows my mind. If a person is working/have worked for the government, there should already be some doubt in whats being said by that person.

Do you believe it when you're ex president says "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" ?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Seeing is believing. When the American people can walk up to a huge starship and touch it, then they
will believe it. BTW, we won't have to wait long for that to happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found the Ben Rich statements from Lockheed skunkworks to be even more revealing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What a great interview. Dr. Edgar Mitchell is a very sympathetic person, I would love to meet him someday and have a chat with him. I wouldn't want anyone else to be one of the first people to walk on the moon and tell the world about it. He did an excellent job, I'm thankful for his service as-well as his dedication and I really look up to him.
But I have to say, everything he said about the "visitor and UFO" subject is opinion based and seemingly based on research he did in his private time and not something he experienced first hand while on duty. Sure, his credentials speak for him and he worked in areas where one would expect to be more prone to information that normally would not make it into the public domain, but it doesn't sound like he is in possession of classified information or evidence that would truly backup his views in that specific field. So I, at least, will not change my opinion due to what he said, for I have done extensive research into these various topics too and came to different conclusions.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Those important questions would all depend upon which ET species was giving the hypothetical press conference.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Do you believe it when you're ex president says "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" ?

Man ..... I didn't believe a dam thing that bloke said....ever
, not my ex president anyway , I'm British

I don't find it hard to believe that multiple species are coming to this planet , there may be thousands of intelligent species in our neighborhood , maybe hundreds of species able to observe our planet and a percentage of those with the ability to get here .

Who wouldn't want to come here after spotting this
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/631f353e812c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Excellent interview but nothing new as far as what Edgar Mitchell has to say, he has done numerous interviews over the years saying the same thing.

Edgar Mitchell is one of the founders of IONS aka: Institute of Noetic Sciences and I have been a member for many years, we happen to have a local chapter in my area that is led by two medical doctors, they have some pretty serious members.

www.noetic.org...

Biography
Traveling back to Earth, having just walked on the moon, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell had an experience for which nothing in his life had prepared him. As he approached the planet we know as home, he was filled with an inner conviction as certain as any mathematical equation he'd ever solved. He knew that the beautiful blue world to which he was returning is part of a living system, harmonious and whole—and that we all participate, as he expressed it later, "in a universe of consciousness

www.noetic.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join