It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That has to be the worst explanation, but the best pile of poop I have ever read.

Black, white, yellow, brown is down to evolution in location, comparing the human race to dog breeds is ignorant at best!

I'm terribly sorry, What part of *SCIENCE* did you fail to comprehend?

I am discussing genetic classifications based upon taxonomy, heredity, genetic drift through ancestry, and the MEANING of the words "Breed", "Race", and "Sub Species"

These are not opinions, these are Solid Scientific FACTS, based upon real world observations, and empirical evidence gathered over hundreds of Years.

If you are not going to argue the point, then at least refrain from attempting to OBFUSCATE the point by unleashing your ignorant emotional drivel all over the boards.

You are WRONG, just accept it and move ON.

Because right now, you are just making yourself look bad, and everyone is going to feel sorry for you.

I mean, I know *I* do.

COME ON!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's very simple. Things like "Black History Month" should be considered American History. When we keep talking colors, we are still throwing flames to the racism fire even if we aren't trying to do so. referring to people as in what color they are is so cave manish.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by woogleuk

That has to be the worst explanation, but the best pile of poop I have ever read.

Black, white, yellow, brown is down to evolution in location, comparing the human race to dog breeds is ignorant at best!

You are WRONG, just accept it and move ON.

Because right now, you are just making yourself look bad, and everyone is going to feel sorry for you.

Naw. I happen to agree with woogleuk, so props from me.

I mean, I know *I* do.

COME ON!

Yeah... that really makes a convincing argument!

PS: Why do I see angry red rabbits when I read your posts?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Naw. I happen to agree with woogleuk, so props from me.

And this makes you correct, How exactly?

I mean, I know *I* do.

COME ON!

Yeah... that really makes a convincing argument!

You obviously didn't get that one....

PS: Why do I see angry red rabbits when I read your posts?

No... it's a Mog, or Moogle...

You know, From Final Fantasy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/290fe129681d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d6b8d32140e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea6fb0f123e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Although, yeah... they do look like rabbits, don't they?

So CUTE!!!!

KAWAII!!!! ^.^
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3a8a4e53e4f.gif[/atsimg]

Super CUTE!!!!

Even when they appear vicious!!!! They are still so ADORABLE!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Your History they teach at school and in most books is already "White History"... answer me, why would it need a special month, since it's being taught the whole year?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

You are constantly learning about many different races throughout the whole year. I dont know what kind of school you went to, or go to, but the one I went to we learned about every race throughout the entire year. Its not like the only time we learned about blakc people was black history month.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I agree... Its separates people further to have special months... And yet... They never teach the REAL black history. Nor do they teach history in general. Curious about white history, I found a link that told me all about it. And was floored to find out some Summerians and Egyptians had white qualities as well. And found out my (personal) true roots come from the Mediterranean. Its more a matter of false education in schools (yet again) and smoke screens. Parents need to begin to educate their selves, to be able to truly educate their children...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm not ashamed to be Caucasian, but I don't feel like I need a month to celebrate my skin pigmentation.

Did you know that Black History Month is also Pet Dental Health Month. So OP, why aren't you started up threads entitled "When is HUMAN Dental Health Month". Seriously, I'm itching to post on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

American History IS White History. Open a history book on America.
That is why this all came to be.
Think about when learning US History.
Name a single Black person in US History from what we learned of US History ?

Watch the "History Channel" on television and tell me how many times you see any references to non whites there in any historical programs pertaining to the US in WWII ?

This is why they created Black History month. Since we are notorious for sweeping those who aren't of the majority/ruling class to perpetuate our superiority to those underlings under the proverbial rug, only to be forgotten.
Unless they speak up which is exactly what they did.

And why they created this month to exemplify to their young that they too contributed to US history even though the History books we were taught in school generally didn't mention them.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

When is white history month? Maybe you should explain your post. You seem very ignorant.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
White month?

OK, I guess that would be OK.

But, what about all us fat folks? Shouldn't we have a month...hell how about a whole TWO MONTHS, After all there is more to us, so we should have more!

I mean we plumpies are a majority now, right? We also have the ability to bring all races together. Think about it. Fat folks encompass all the races here in the good 'ol USA. The fatties are not gender specific either.

Yep, I think we ought to have FAT FOLKS double month! It's the AMERICAN WAY!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yup. And know what?

"White trash" still got to knock a black guy around if he didn't step off the sidewalk. "White trash" was the one posing for the cameras around a lynched man, and never going to jail over the murder. "White trash" were the guys who got to go down and shoot up the reservation for laughs. White trash had a voice in the political system, and white trash could give weighty testimony on a court of law; even the most affluent black had absolutely none of these privileges. Hell, white trash could eat a burger in house after walking in through the front door, and a black man could not.

"White trash" may have been the bottom of the white totem pole, but they were still above any nonwhite in society.

This is like the "but the Irish got pooped on!" - sure they did. But their kids didn't. And the Irish never had the brutal and generational oppression shared by nonwhites. People who are of Irish descent today face no sort of oppression; if you come off the boat with a Cork accent, you're more likely to get laid than to get beaten.

It just does not compare to the treatment of nonwhites in this country at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by et7er7ni7ty
White history month started after this continent was invaded and millions of Indians were murdered. According to the North American indians, it was the first world war. The sad part is You Just Don't Get It! The same evil that murdered all of those innocent Indians is the same evil that's trying to police the world. Mind your own Damn business and the world might just become a better place. That's some history for your a$$!

Like i said before,until a indian comes on here complaining,then why even bother to respond to the op.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
White history month would be ridiculous. Whose culture do you honor for a month? Russians? Celts? Germans? Scandinavians? All of them? Only the ones from which you are descended? Besides, I don't need an entire goddamn month to remind myself that I am descended from some of the most fascinating and amazing cultures on Earth. Maybe other races are insecure with their cultural identity that they need an entire month to let people know that they are important. Frankly, if I was black, I would detest Black History Month just for that reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sorry for not scanning the whole thread, it's been a week to say the least, "When is WHITE history month?" In the west that would be from March to January.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

American History IS White History. Open a history book on America.
That is why this all came to be.
Think about when learning US History.
Name a single Black person in US History from what we learned of US History ?

Watch the "History Channel" on television and tell me how many times you see any references to non whites there in any historical programs pertaining to the US in WWII ?

This is why they created Black History month. Since we are notorious for sweeping those who aren't of the majority/ruling class to perpetuate our superiority to those underlings under the proverbial rug, only to be forgotten.
Unless they speak up which is exactly what they did.

And why they created this month to exemplify to their young that they too contributed to US history even though the History books we were taught in school generally didn't mention them.

You're ignorant. You must have gone to a racist school, or you're an idiot. Ever heard of Dred Scott? Harriett Tubman? George Washington Carver? Frederick Douglass? The list goes on.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry for not scanning the whole thread, it's been a week to say the least, "When is WHITE history month?" In the west that would be from March to January.

That made me "lol" when I saw your post.
If only replies like yours would actually shut the OP up.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
It's very simple. Things like "Black History Month" should be considered American History. When we keep talking colors, we are still throwing flames to the racism fire even if we aren't trying to do so. referring to people as in what color they are is so cave manish.

Except it's not. See, the only people who get offended by "black history month" are - let me spell it the hell out for you - stupid white people. Not all white people, just the stupid ones.

Y'see, most rational people can look around and see the overwhelming dominance of White / North Europeans in the United States. I imagine a great many posters on this forum are old enough to remember history books that taught about nothing BUT whites. And the kicker is, even in the segregated black / Indian schools around the nation, these same books were used. My dad used to get extremely upset at school because he was basically being taught that his ancestors were murderous savages that deserved to be eliminated so white people could make "progress."

The rational person sees this overwhelming bias in the national narrative, and is unlikely to have a huge problem with this or that group getting thirty days out of the year for a little extra recognition.

The irrational - or stupid, for my preferred term - person is intentionally blind. He sees the same thing around him that the rational person does, but he refuses to acknowledge the existence of it. Instead he sees those uppity negroes getting "their own month" (of course, ignoring that black history month is STILL mostly about white people) and gets a burr up his butt about how "racist" it is that they get any recognition. This is the same sort of dumbness that makes the same moron wonder aloud, "How 'come you guys can call each other n****r and I can't?" or that openly opines that the NBA is racist, or that Affirmative Action is a quota system that discriminates against whites.

And sometimes, they want to feel your hair.

Black history month is not at all racist. It is, in fact anti-racist.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I just think black people want to say, "Hey, we live here too." They just want to be recognized as Americans too. Our history books should always include everyone who is an American. So, we are really looking at American history with World history mixed in. America has been a melting pot for a long time. And, let's not forget the Native Americans who were here first.

I already know about my white ancestors past, we already have white history taught to us in school.

Troy

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join