It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch!! Ron Paul 20/20 Banned ABC News Interview With John Stossel!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Originally posted by Tallone
Paul is a stooge. Don't be suckered in. The two party system in the US is just two hands of the same controller. Ron Paul is very much inside the system. Even if he wanted to change it the system itself would never allow it.

Agreed there is a 2 party - one party system, but Ron Paul is not a part of it and if he is, its not by choice. He has previously stated that the 2 party system has made it extremely difficult for a 3rd party candidate to get elected President and its part of the reason why he runs as a Republican though he had previously run for President as a Libertarian.

At the end of your post you acknowledge that if Ron Paul is honest and sincere, the system would not allow him to do anything constructive. Thats what this struggle is about, real change. The system has to change. The will of the people will not be ignored and at present there is no better representative than Ron Paul.

Not saying it will be easy or instant, but real change never is.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

Yes it does, but this needs to stop. I have a hard time accepting how easy it is for them to alter peoples minds and opinions, so sicking.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

How can anyone expect to change a corrupt system by using the corrupt system to enact change? The whole system must go.

How many decades of voting for change-which-never-comes does it take before it's time to try something else?

It's madness to lend credence to a corrupt institution by continuing to use the tools provided by the corrupt institution and hoping for a different outcome...nutso.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Some don't like him because he says the Defence Force should only be used for defence..

I tend to agree with him..

Find me someone who doesn't. Oh wait, Donald Trump doesn't. Let's let Trump run the country, with his bad hair and horrible attitude. Great idea!

We can start making smart choices NOW, or we WILL pay a terrible price later on.

Ron Paul for President or bust.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Looking_Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

It's madness to lend credence to a corrupt institution by continuing to use the tools provided by the corrupt institution and hoping for a different outcome...nutso.

Very well said, couldn't agree more good sir. We need to go in there and just clean house, SPOTLESS. Rebuild everything in such a way so that corrupt and greedy hands can't use the government as a tool to fill their pocket books.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Right, I mentioned that the system has to change, but I disagree that elected representatives cant change the system. I think it would be difficult but if enough Ron Paul types were elected, they will change things.

I also agree that re-electing someone from the 1 party system will not work, but who to date has stood for real change? Clearly Ron Paul is not like any other politician, having run for President on the Libertarian ticket in 1988.

He's come out against the establishment's sacred cows: the "Federal Reserve", the IRS, the Military Industrial Complex and an individual's Constitutionally protected rights to be free from an ever reaching centralized government.

To date, no other politician has raised these issues, let alone made it the core of their campaign.

edit on 17-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If i was American he would get my vote.
The reporter just winds me up, he is so patronizing holding up pictures as if Ron was a child. Ron was feeling it aswell it seemed.
edit on 17/2/11 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I voted for 30 years straight. My parents started 20 years before that...combined that's 50 years of voting, but I can't name one, single meaningful government policy that changed.

Didn't Einstein say that repeating the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is a definition of insanity?

Your wishful thinking only serves to work against your best interests.

Please investigate Operation Mockingbird.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I agree with your point except that once you bring in the silly numbers to try to back up the theory, it destroys all the intelligence behind it.

Yeah, I agree, Ron Paul could be the deceiving unifier, the con artist. He is easy to like.

But... really? Picking and choosing numbers? Let's wait for the actual math to happen instead of making it happen.

i figured if i made it more convincing someone would believe it.

but seriously people are seeming to really want to fall back on this guy.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Wonderful interview. Can he be president of the world, lol?

OP do you have a link to info on who banned this interview and the reasons given? Thanks.

edit on 17-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I saw this before it was banned. I was researching drugs because it struck me one day that it was odd that I really did not know much about them, I didn't even really know what marijuana looked like when you smoked it. I think this is a problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I voted for Ron Paul in the last election. He wasn't owned by the NWO bunch like the other two candidates were, so I didn't expect he would win, since the NWO is fixing the elections pretty much, but I have always liked what he said. And people are right. He is definitely one of our last great hopes. Hopefully he doesn't get 'assassinated'.

edit on 17-2-2011 by DragonriderGal because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

I voted for 30 years straight. My parents started 20 years before that...combined that's 50 years of voting, but I can't name one, single meaningful government policy that changed.

Didn't Einstein say that repeating the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is a definition of insanity?

Your wishful thinking only serves to work against your best interests.

Please investigate Operation Mockingbird.

As long as we have our guns, the current US regime will keep pretending that our votes matter at the federal level. Pray we don't get stupid and believe all the anti-gun crap, and give that right away, cuz the gloves will come off then and we will see the truly abusive leadership currently lurking behind the curtains.

Right now, they know, push come to shove, we Americans have our guns and way too many of us will require they pry them from our cold dead hands rather than give them up. Like Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after WWII said, "Japan would never invade the United States. We would find a rifle behind every blade of grass." That hasn't changed, and the NWO bunch know it. It would be extremely messy and short of bringing in off shore troops, they couldn't count on winning.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I like much of what Ron Paul says, except for one main thing: He trusts the market to make things right. If you have read your history, America was once ruled by robber barons that stole from the poor and gave to the rich. I guess they still run America, but more subtly. But, I still would not carte blanche trust them to make our country work. Greed and selfishness still have too much power in America. Charity is too spotty. The Shriners hospital is an exception that would not become the rule. We need to realize that we are not all selfless, perfect people and strive to come to a balance to achieve the best that we can do with the handicaps that this country has.

We need to strengthen the laws against monopolies, get rid of the Federal Reserve, get rid of most of our military-industrial complex, support hospitals, preserve internet freedom for the people, not for the companies who own the fiber and services. It takes a bigger government to police people and take away their freedom, than to police those with the financial power to take it away from us.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Tallone

Originally posted by Tallone
Paul is a stooge. Don't be suckered in. The two party system in the US is just two hands of the same controller. Ron Paul is very much inside the system. Even if he wanted to change it the system itself would never allow it.

Agreed there is a 2 party - one party system, but Ron Paul is not a part of it and if he is, its not by choice. He has previously stated that the 2 party system has made it extremely difficult for a 3rd party candidate to get elected President and its part of the reason why he runs as a Republican though he had previously run for President as a Libertarian.

At the end of your post you acknowledge that if Ron Paul is honest and sincere, the system would not allow him to do anything constructive. Thats what this struggle is about, real change. The system has to change. The will of the people will not be ignored and at present there is no better representative than Ron Paul.

Not saying it will be easy or instant, but real change never is.

Yankee 451 has it right. You can't change anything within the system because its the system that is sick. Ron Paul does not recognise this as the problem. If he is sincere, and I have my doubts, he is saying it is possible to turn the sytem around. Well that just fails to recognise the forces at work. First up, capitalism is a fundamental problem, and I don't mean the current model. Capitalism has exhausted itself. It provided a giant leap forward in technology, but built into the machine is a tendency to eat its babies. Eventually it eats them all. The financial system is completely broken, and it isn't just America, or a matter of fixing America, changing its political direction and things will come right. But this is what Ron Paul is saying can be done. It can't.

The broken financial machinery is world wide, and it is a fatal systemic breakdown. That is the other component that must be changed. Nation states. There is a fatal contradiction between nation states and the profit system. On one hand they compete for limited resources (that really belong to the entire world) and on the other they must increasingly trade with each other, this last is a product of the capitalist system that must always have a state of increasing profits. The system is inherently unstable and progression is always toward conflict. Historically the only answer to kick a depressed economy back into gear has been to go to war. The conditions are such at present all around the globe that a world war is nigh imminent. We are right now where we were in the mid 1930's. The conditions are almost the same, only much much worse in reality.

Ron Paul knows all of this. So why then is he calling for America take the insolationist route, and allow the rest of the world to go to hell? First up, parts of the world are in far better nick than America, they will survive very well when America falters in the years to come. Secondly, an isolationist posture denies the fact all countries at this time actually depend on each other for their own survival, only as I said some more than others. America is not unfortunately for it one of the others. Sorry for the long rant.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just finished watching this and i must say it is the most informational thing i have ever caught bearing the footprint of 'ABC'.

after watching this, I've decided that I will definitely be voting for ron paul for president in 2012 for sure.

edit on 18-2-2011 by vermonster because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Familiar with Mockingbird without having to "google" it.

If you can tell me how Ron Paul in any way shape or form is like anyone you or your predecessors have voted for in the past, I'd be willing to admit its an exercise in futility.

From what I recall, mockingbird recruits were towing the establishment line. Ron Paul has challenged almost every government institution from the IRS to the "Federal Reserve" to the Military Industrial Complex to drug raids on homes. If he is a recruit, he's a complete failure.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

The monetary system has to change and Ron Paul is well aware of it, which is exactly why he has been calling for an audit of the "Federal Reserve". Once they are exposed, the hope is that it will be the beginning of the end to the central banking scheme and a debt based monetary system.

Going to war has not been the only answer. It has been the method of choice promoted as a solution. We would have to be void of rational thought to believe that debt based war "spending" and mass murder is a solution to a monetary crisis. An external threat does, however, serve as a distraction and a means to unify the masses.

Ron Paul an "isolationist"? I have never once heard him mention isolationism in anyway shape or form...

Any videos, links or quotes would be much appreciated.

edit on 19-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Ron Paul an "isolationist"? I have never once heard him mention isolationism in anyway shape or form...

Any videos, links or quotes would be much appreciated.

edit on 19-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I can do better than edited videos. I can give you some history available to be checked via your Internet connection at a site of your own choice. There are so many sources of verification.

Ron Paul historically is an isolationist and his isolationism is compounded by his ultra-nationalism. Paul has been consistent since President Bush sanctions against Iraq pre invasion. He criticized the involvement of the UN declaring "I happen to like it more when the president speaks about unilaterism and national security interests". He further declared the kind of wars he didn't like were "no win wars". He criticised US wars in Vietnam and Korea not for humanitarian reasons or even for rational reasons, but on the basis of cold logic…"the backdoor with UN-declared laws… wars last longer and you do not have completion, like we had in Korea and Vietnam." He condemned the US involvement in the UN during the Gulf war because it didn't allow the President Bush senior to really let the dogs loose on Iraq and complete what the US started.

Following the commencement of the invasion of Iraq Paul in front of Congress called for the actioning of his "American Sovereignty Restoration Act". The US has not need for the UN he said, "American national security is not a matter for international consensus…"

Paul has consistently waved the threat of a world authority or world government that would vanquish the US as a nation, and yet it can be argued his consistent urges for unilaterism suggest the US maintain an economic and military supremacy that effectively puts it in the role of world government by default.

BTW the kind of isolated US Paul believes in appears very much to be a national-chauvinist fascist state you and others think he poses against. You have to see through the catch phrases and slogans to the core of what he is arguing. He wants to get rid of all the restrictions on the enriching of owners of corporations, banks, industry, and calls for increasing exploitation of ordinary working Americans. He wants income taxes to be abolished, alone with government departments such as Education, social security, occupational safety and health, minimum wage legislation, etc

In fact Paul has been for years calling for the kind of measures right now being enacted in Wisconsin by the local governing body.

Lets not forget about Paul's racist stance. The racist card is always pulled from the pack when a diversion from economic woes is needed. He not only blames illegal immigration for America's social woes, he wants to send them all back along with their US born children. He wants to change the Constitution so that birthright citizenship for undocumented migrant children is erased from it.

Here's Paul from his own Newsletter following the 1992 LA riots. "Order was only restored in LA when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks…" In that particular newsletter Paul claims the rioting was the result of pandering to a section of the community by the US government. Paul states the reasons "…civil rights…black bureaucracies, black mayors, black curricular in schools, black tv shows, black tv anchors…"

To find this and other recorded historical evidence of Paul's real stance including endorsing a repackaging of David Duke former KKK wizard as political candidate go visit the New Republic, and the article by James Kurchick, a 2008 issue.

And for the record Paul is anti stem cell research! as well as being anti abortionist and anti-single sex parents.

Now I am no fan of the UN. I am using Paul's consistent focus on the UN to push his isolationist rhetoric. Rhetoric by Ron Paul you do appeared to have never heard. BTW it is always worth considering the course of history as an excellent predictor of the future.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Originally posted by TalloneI can do better than edited videos. I can give you some history available to be checked via your Internet connection at a site of your own choice. There are so many sources of verification.

So many credible sources that you cant provide a single one?

Your entire post was comprised of your opinions with no supporting documentation at all. None whatsoever…

Ron Paul is an “isolationist” because he does not believe in endless wars and does not believe in the New World Order agenda of a One World Government under the UN? This is the first time I’ve seen someone state that wanting to end a policy of continuous warfare and valuing sovereignty is “isolationist”…

Do you believe in individual liberties at all?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join