It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFO's keep their lights on?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If a UFO wished to remain unseen at night it simply has to turn of its lights.
Therefore its safe to assume that a UFO with lights wishes to be seen or doesn't care if it is seen.

If UFO's (in this case extraterrestrial crafts) are happy to be seen then they should also be seen during daylight hours.

If ET doesn't mind being seen then why don't amateur astronomers see them and photograph them using their very good telescopes and cameras on a very regular basis?

Why aren't there any 100% undebunkable UFO pictures? Enough people own decent telescopes and cameras now....

There lies my problem

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

They are testing Man.

They are testing our ability to believe in Truth without undeniable proof. They teach us in the name of God.

Much like Man teaches Dog.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Its difficult to aim a telescope and follow something that is moving. I've tried. Also I'm with you, I find it hard in this day and age to not have any more physical evidence than what we have. Seems rather pathetic. I have always wondered if the ufo's have lights, what would happen if a high intensity spot light was beamed at them(the hand held sort) to see if they would somehow respond.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

They will appear suddenly out of nowhere and if you see them, you are meant to. Also more has happened as well. They do have the remotes and time is just a program in our head based on the orbit of our planet around its star..

Of course they want you to see them.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
reply to post by Versa

They are testing Man.

They are testing our ability to believe in Truth without undeniable proof. They teach us in the name of God.

Much like Man teaches Dog.

A classic example of my belief that Ufology is mirroring/becoming religion...

There is no need for proof just belief....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Versa

Of course they want you to see them.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

If they wanted us to see them there would be no debate... We would all see them and we would all see evidence. As it is We in ufology are teetering on the verge of religious belief... Those that debunk are akin to apostates, disclosure is akin to Armageddon.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From what I have gathered the glowing could be a side effect of the electrogrivitic fields used by the ships. Eg.
I also believe that this partly answers the apparent connection to water and these craft.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think the working theory is the light is a result of their propulsion system , so if they switched it of we'd have a few more Roswell's , which would be good for us but not so good for them

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That's what I've always wondered about their lights ...

And it's true, a lot of people do own excellent equipment these days, yet there isn't any really (100%) convincing footage, don't get me wrong, I do fully believe in their existence, but some things just don't add up sometimes ...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatdidisee
reply to post by Versa

Its difficult to aim a telescope and follow something that is moving. I've tried. Also I'm with you, I find it hard in this day and age to not have any more physical evidence than what we have. Seems rather pathetic. I have always wondered if the ufo's have lights, what would happen if a high intensity spot light was beamed at them(the hand held sort) to see if they would somehow respond.

I totally agree it is hard to follow a moving object with a telescope but there are hundreds of amateur astronomers out there (my dad included) with their eyes fixed on the sky every night and they aren't reporting or capturing images of ET....

There are 2 reasons for this...

1) ET isn't visiting
2) ET is visiting but ET is able to hide

It isn't possible that Joe Bloggs can capture ET in full form over a City for 1 to 24hrs but no astronomer (amateur or not) can....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
That's what I've always wondered about their lights ...

And it's true, a lot of people do own excellent equipment these days, yet there isn't any really (100%) convincing footage, don't get me wrong, I do fully believe in their existence, but some things just don't add up sometimes ...

My feeling exactly... I'm not denying that ET visitation isn't possible, but something doesn't add up and that something isn't "all the worlds astronomers are hiding something"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceWayne
From what I have gathered the glowing could be a side effect of the electrogrivitic fields used by the ships. Eg.
I also believe that this partly answers the apparent connection to water and these craft.

Then why don't daylight images of them 'glow'? the light source would still be there...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think the working theory is the light is a result of their propulsion system , so if they switched it of we'd have a few more Roswell's , which would be good for us but not so good for them

If this were the case then they would also be lit up in the day time...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by gortex

yes but they wouldn't be as bright because of the daytime illumination, as would be the case during night hours
maybe that explains the lack of daytime sightings of lights
maybe the propulsion system gives off light as it works, as in they can't stop it because it is an effect of the ship working
edit on 12-2-2011 by Whatdidisee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Why aren't there any 100% undebunkable UFO pictures? Enough people own decent telescopes and cameras now....

There lies my problem
MUFON says that the vast majority of UFO sightings are natural phenomena or man-made objects, even Bill Birnes from the "UFO Hunters" TV show puts it at something like 95%.

One possible reason why we don't have any undebunkable photos, is if the other 5% are also manmade objects and natural phenomena, but just more difficult to identify than the 95% which may be identified with some investigation and effort.

After spending some time on ATS and seeing how many people identify natural phenomena and manmade objects as UFOs, I don't see any reason to rule out the possibility that they might explain 100% instead of 95%, though some are truly UFOs.

This is probably the most undebunkable UFO photo I've ever seen, because of all the accompanying testimony:

Source: UFO Over Southern Illinois - Part 4 of 5 www.youtube.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4b06c0a903a.png[/atsimg]
It's actually Jan 5 2000, I guess he forgot it was the next year when he wrote down the date!

The artist's rendition looks better than the photo:

My guess is that this too was a manmade object, however even if it is, it's still a true UFO because there's no known aircraft fitting that description. It could have been a type of "stealth blimp" or neutral buoyancy aircraft that would still be classified to this day.

I don't know why it had all the lights on though, or why they would test a secret craft over such a populated area, which some people have said points away from it being manmade. That's a good point, however it presumes to know what other people are thinking and why they are thinking it, and I suggest we aren't good enough to do that with 100% accuracy. Whatever it was, it's a great mystery, one of the best UFO sightings ever. They did get a picture but too bad it didn't turn out better.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Arbitrageur because: changed image tags to make scroll bar appear

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I really don't believe they would be able to interact with us at the moment even if they were around, unless they were something demonic in origin. I believe everything should be taken with a grain of salt, especially just seeing bright lights

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Versa

Who's to say there not? You talk with great certainty as if you actually know.
edit on 12-2-2011 by ThatGuyInTheKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Personally, I think it is because they are afraid of the FAA; there are rules for aircraft lighting and they don’t want to lose their licenses.

AIRPLANE EQUIPMENT AND LIGHTING

Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 91 specifies the basic minimum airplane equipment required for night flight. This equipment includes only basic instruments, lights, electrical energy source, and spare fuses.

The standard instruments required for instrument flight under 14 CFR part 91 are a valuable asset for
aircraft control at night. An anticollision light system, including a flashing or rotating beacon and position
lights, is required airplane equipment. Airplane position lights are arranged similar to those of boats and
ships. A red light is positioned on the left wingtip, a green light on the right wingtip, and a white light on
the tail. [Figure 10-2]

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

This is probably the most undebunkable UFO photo I've ever seen, because of all the accompanying testimony:

Source: UFO Over Southern Illinois - Part 4 of 5 www.youtube.com...

I'll have to take a look at part 1-5 of that ty

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow
Versa

yes I did mention that...

Who's to say there not?

not me but I would like to see the images.

You talk with great certainty as if you actually know.
edit on 12-2-2011 by ThatGuyInTheKnow because: (no reason given)

Actually know what? Im asking a question...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join