It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

This definitely has striking Similarity i really think that this article and/or manuscript is of up-most importance if it is indeed legitimate. I wish we had access to the missing pages. Perhaps maybe we can find them and start this thread up again.

Oh how i yearn to see the missing pages DONT WE ALL !!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Panspermia Theory has been proven to be quite possible with new data and information i have in one of my threads linked to an article.

Perhaps somehow your camera magnified on the virus thing from the purported Asteroid thingy and u saw an alien virus??
Alien microbes can breed in Extreme Hyper Gravity

Also i Found out from the article that Many Microbes can survive impacts because they can survive up to 400,000 G's and most impacts are 300,000G's So this is a very valid thing that you could of dreamed about. I believe in you we need to investigate further.

It also said in the Article that Viruses survive the Impacts so yes this is probably a virus you saw magnified but its just a dream so who knows its all very intriguing though

Or it was just a dream but its still a weird coincidence non-the-less i do think electromagnetic consciousness theory has some kind of validity to it though... See here
Electromagnetic Theory Of Consciousness

edit on 10-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

This book may be the most important document ever to man-kind.

My feelings exactly friend.

No body did this for "fun". It was WAY expensive and professionally scribed with no mistakes.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Yes this is probably the most intriguing compilation of secret knowledge from the ancient-world. I have no doubt in my mind, the information in this book could probably be from the ancient Greek Ramas or Atlanteans or Egyptians.

Its truly fascinating!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Amazing! It would be great to one day decipher it!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

They may have deciphered parts of it see posts in the entirety of the thread. I remember someone sending a link of a possible translation of some of the pages of the Voynich Manuscript.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I found something that sparked interest in me and i found fascinating ... Not sure if anyone found this similarity yet between Da Vinci's drawing.

The vitruvian man was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci

Da Vinci believed that people could reach the corners of the physical and the metaphysical world. That's what the hands reaching the square and circle represent. Not only that, this is a self portrait of the most intelligent man to ever exist in human history. I like how he methodically plans out how to draw himself with those lines everywhere.

Is it me or does the writing here starkly resemble the writing in the Voynich Manuscript

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd747ef06617.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c2a0d31e652.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33c707440d96.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 31-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Indeed , you are not the only person to think this.
See : www.edithsherwood.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by XRaDiiX

This book may be the most important document ever to man-kind.

My feelings exactly friend. No body did this for "fun". It was WAY expensive and professionally scribed with no mistakes.

And i can't pronounce this point enough

This document may be the most important document ever to man-kind my friends.

All those 'missing pages' are probably sitting in a Vatican Vault or CIA FBI Vault or Something.

It would be great to have the 'missing pages'

Imagine if the Library of Alexandria would have survived....

We might be so far ahead in technology if that wouldn't have happened.

reply to post by bluemooone2

Indeed there are some differences but the writing just seems oddly similar...

edit on 31-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Edit:

I just noticed that the dating was performed exclusively on the vellum the manuscript was written on, and not the actual writing itself.

It still seems pretty unlikely to me that the vellum was sitting around for 30+ years until Leo decided to pick it up and have a go
[

lol this thread and the realization way after the fact... wow, sheesh.

the carbon dating report was intentially stearing people AWAY from LDV 2-fold

- by claiming the 'book' was made/written a decade or two before LDV's birth when clearly the dating was performed on the stock parchment

- by using the word parchment to have public assume the pages were made of parchment when if fact the pages were made of vellum and only the outside book cover was made of parchment - and added at a much later date

- so why didnt they, knowing that, carbon date the pages and cover (different materials and observable age) separately, instead of conveniently (and misleadingly) present that the 'book' was carbon dated back to one narrow date range conveniently just before LDV came around but with starkly shady scientific reporting as per above???

all in all, such a transparent 'conspiracy' for most anyone reading between the line... perhaps with a mirror

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Finding this thread leaves me wondering one thing:

Has anyone been able to find an English translation of the manuscript by any of the people mentioned in the thread who claim to be able to a) Decode the manuscript, and b) Translate it?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f3380522568.jpg[/atsimg]

This, to me, is reminiscent of The Great Work, the creation of quintessence. At least, in graphic allegory form.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Good call. It could be Da Vinci's Horoscope, after all. I sometimes wonder if Da Vinci himself wasn't an alien. His accomplishments are far and above anything any other like him could do.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Don't have time to read every post, though I did read the first six pages... anyhow it occurs to me that there might be another explanation for it being difficult to decipher.

What if it is the result of someone using Italian script to use words that are from a pictograph based language?

For example, a person well versed in a regional asian dialect, that could perhaps be long gone, used that language's words written in a script that they would be more familiar with, their own.

Westerners will quite often write things in Japanese in English script because they know the words but are not versed in katakana, hiragana, and kanji. If I wrote an entire book in this manner, and it wasn't uncovered for 500 years, the Japanese language is now dead, and English had continued to evolve, my book would probably leave many people quite confused... and with good reason.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Good call. It could be Da Vinci's Horoscope, after all. I sometimes wonder if Da Vinci himself wasn't an alien. His accomplishments are far and above anything any other like him could do.

If Da Vinci had been an 'alien' he would have known a number of his ideas wouldn't work the way he envisioned them. He would have known the formulae to determine the work (power) necessary to make them work. Of course he could have been a dumb down version of an alien......however as his birth is well attested his being an alien-unless you bring in pod people - is a bit of fun only!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
.Of course he could have been a dumb down version of an alien......however as his birth is well attested his being an alien-unless you bring in pod people - is a bit of fun only!

Did you see the episode of Futurama with Da Vinci? He was the smartest person on our planet, but the absolute dumbest on his own planet... he was constantly picked on for being unintelligent.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

.Of course he could have been a dumb down version of an alien......however as his birth is well attested his being an alien-unless you bring in pod people - is a bit of fun only!

Did you see the episode of Futurama with Da Vinci? He was the smartest person on our planet, but the absolute dumbest on his own planet... he was constantly picked on for having being unintelligent.

No I haven't rarely watch TV but that one sounds interesting!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

If Da Vinci had been an 'alien' he would have known a number of his ideas wouldn't work the way he envisioned them. He would have known the formulae to determine the work (power) necessary to make them work. Of course he could have been a dumb down version of an alien......however as his birth is well attested his being an alien-unless you bring in pod people - is a bit of fun only!

Even thou I do not think that LDV was an alien I have to have a go at this above.. Since when does beeing an alien mean you have to be flawless in everything you do ? I mean , why would he need to know everything to make his inventions work? Look at it from Your point of view, if somehow You ended up on a different planet, yoi would have been the alien. Does that mean you automaticly gain super knowleedge of everything, or are only as smart as always (even if let's say you would be much smarter than the rest of the population on that planet) and can mess up like always...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Good point.

If I were to end up on an alien world that was less advanced than us I'd have plenty of knowledge that they wouldn't but that doesn't mean I could build a tank, an airplane, or gun turret.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The astronomy/cosmolgy diagrams can be understood to some extent, in that he is using a system of sub-dividing the ecliptic plane into 5, 10, 20 subdivisions.

This methodology actually pre-dated the system of dividing into 12 constellations/months for the year, and went into decline around 5,000 years ago, with vestiges found such as the ten month calendars of ancient Greece and Rome.

There is also consideration that the ecliptic plane sections were at first accorded to the five planets at morning and evening, thus ten sections, rather than actual constellations, and what seems to be the case with Voynich is that the 5,10, 20 sections are all demarcations of the planet Venus, hence the repeated motif of the woman with star seen through the sections.

The Maya of course had the 20 section Venus calandar, so the idea is not neccesarily unique, but it is certainly archaic and anachronistic...

edit on 18-7-2012 by Kantzveldt because: image

The Chinese reconciled well the earlier tradition of the ten Heavenly stems;

Unlike many other calendars, the Chinese calendar is not infinite but repeats every 60 years. This repetition is a combination of the 10 “heavenly stems”, tian gan, [which correspond to one of five elements repeating in Yang/Yin pairs: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water] and the 12 “earthly branches”, dì zhi which correspond to the Buddhist animals. The 12 earthly branches [Rat through to Pig] repeat five times through the 60 year cycle, and the heavenly stems six times in the form of five pairs of Yang/Yin element doublets, also known as "Elder Brother" and "Younger Brother". An element only matches with an earthly branch once in the sixty year cycle

The early emperors of China were not only masters of earth lore. They also observed the skies, charted the course of the stars, and encoded this knowledge in the calendar system. Legend says that Huang-ti ordered his celestial ministers to study the stars. A primitive calendar system named chia-tzu was invented. Several hundred years later, during the Hsia dynasty, another, more sophisticated calculation of the sun, moon, and constellations was made and the calendar was revised. In the Shang period (between the eighteenth and twelfth centuries BCE), a sixty-day cycle was used. The movement of the constellations was now organized into the Ten Celestial Stems and the Twelve Terrestrial Branches. Each day was designated by a combination of one stem and one branch taken in serial order. The sixty-day cycle was then applied to the year, making six cycles per year of three hundred and sixty days.

In the Chou dynasty (twelfth–third centuries BCE) the Celestial Stems were matched to the five elements (metal, wood, water, fire, and earth), and the Twelve Terrestrial Branches were applied to the twelve solar months. By about 600 BCE (the time of Confucius and Lao-tzu), twelve animal symbols were attached to the Twelve Terrestrial Branches.

As of course did the Sumerians by the same numeric method.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join