It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Bacteria Could Breed in Extreme 'Hypergravity'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Alien Bacteria Could Breed in Extreme 'Hypergravity'

Article
Space.com Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e02ee4285ce1.jpg[/atsimg]

Carl Sagan once Suggested of Life may be possible in the clouds/gas altitudes of Gas Giants.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e708bc6b6a96.jpg[/atsimg]
Now we have a study that states microbes can exists in huge gravitational forces up to 400,000G (400,000 times Earth Gravity)

This Is HUGE IMO

Several different species of bacteria can survive and reproduce in "hypergravity" more than 400,000 times stronger than that of the Earth, a new study reports. The find suggests that alien life could take root in a wide range of conditions -- and that it could survive the high G-forces imposed by meteorite impacts and ejections, making the exchange of life between planets a distinct possibility.

So lets see now in the Article they talk about Life may be possible even on BrownDwarfs which would have a huge amount of gravity because they have much larger mass than Gas Giants.

Hypothetical Brown Dwarf
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8dab460995ee.jpg[/atsimg]
Maybe Life Can Exists on Brown Dwarfs and Gas Giants.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e34c7ba690ad.jpg[/atsimg]
Lets talk about the Possibilities my friends i have always believed life could exists in many places and more evidence seems to come out everyday suggesting this is true.

"The number and types of environments that we now think life can inhabit in the universe has expanded because of our study," said lead author Shigeru Deguchi, of the Japan Agency of Marine-Earth Science and Technology in Yokosuka.

Now it looks like they are saying as well atleast with microorganisms that is that Brown Dwarfs could possibly be habitable.

The new study suggests that a wider variety of alien habitats may be open to life than scientists had imagined. The results even extend the possibility of life beyond planets, to the strange "failed stars" known as brown dwarfs, researchers said. After all, if Earth bacteria can breed in 400,000 G's, the 10-to-100 G's possibly found on a brown dwarf shouldn't be much of an impediment. And some brown dwarfs may be cool enough to support life as we know it, researchers said.

This new Evidence also brings into light the theory of Panspermia because it proves that some microorganisms can survive these impacts. Which sheds very good light on an earlier thread i have could life or some life on Earth be from MARS.

Claimed Biological Strucres from Mars Meteorite
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3612ccaaf41.jpg[/atsimg]

Scientists think meteorite-caused rock ejections can generate up to 300,000 G's, researchers said. The new study indicates that microbial life could survive those conditions and keep right on breeding

"If life does exist in other places in the universe, our study provides further evidence that it could spread within solar systems by the mechanism often discussed in panspermia hypotheses -- i.e., impact-based transport of meteorites between bodies of the same solar system,"

Thank you my friends and shall we explore space together. May we walk the path of Ascension.

edit on 25-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In a slightly related experiment, tiny invertebrates called 'water bears' (known as tardigrades) can survive in the vacuum of space, a European Space Agency experiment has shown.

"No animal has survived open space before," says developmental biologist Bob Goldstein of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, who was not affiliated with the study. "The finding that animals survived rehydration after 10 days in open space - and then produced viable embryos as well - is really remarkable."

'Water Bears' are the first animal to survive the vacuum of space. (New Scientist).

Before this experiment, only lichen and bacteria were known to be able to survive exposure to the combination of vacuum and space radiation.

Also, organic compounds retrieved from Stardust mission from Comet 'Wild 2's' coma.
Really Wild

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Yes i've seen this Study with the Water bears a few years back; Very interesting indeed my friend! Illustronic!

They found organic compounds from the one comet? Does that mean maybe organic lifeforms or micro-organisms exists on said comet maybe!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Does anyone really thing that DNA/Carbon based life is the only alternative? Carbon based life on a brown dwarf? An amazing possibility in my opinion. But if not. Surely some 'thing/s' live there. What about the great red spot on Jupiter. Not life as we imagine it, but still possessing many of the same qualities.

I can't help but think that everywhere there is an energy gradient, there is likely to be a life form reducing it. Could life be understood from a thermodynamic perspective?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Organic compounds, the very precursor to life from inert minerals. The experiment that fuels the Cosmozoic or Interplanetary Theory of the origin of life, or Panspermia.

Or suggests that life is an inevitable outcome universally should conditions support or stimulate Abiogenesis spontaneous generation

Stardust Space Probe - The link between Comets and Panspermia was investigated further with a NASA Launch performed by NASA beginning in 2004, entitled "The Stardust Mission". Ion Propulsion spacecraft was loaded with machinery to bring back lab samples from the tail of a comet. This published document from NASA entitled "NASA Researchers Make First Discovery of Life's Building Blocks in Comet". This article refers to the Glycine and other building blocks that have been found in comets. Comets travel through space with these frozen potentially reproductive materials, and the tail of the comets appear when gases melt in the presence of our sun.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GalacticJoe

Perhaps yes my friend; we must revel in the greatness of the Universe. This new study along with evidence of Extremophiles existing in extreme temperatures of Heat and Cold. Brings much more evidence to The Universe being Ubiquitous with Life.

The Universe Life Everywhere imagine it its beautiful. With Kepler Proof that Billions Of planets atleast Exist in the Galaxy. I truly Believe the True Number of Planets in our Galaxy is Trillions But we will see what else comes from the telescope.

The realisation is coming my friends Disclosure of life existing on other bodily surfaces is soon. NASA will finally disclose the existince of life on other planets. It seems inevitable with all the evidence of Lifes Ubiquitousness mounting up.

We will revel in the fact that this is true maybe Life in the Gas Clouds of Jupiter and Life On Brown Dwarfs. Life in the underground Oceans of Europa and Ganymede. Life in The Methane Lakes of Titan. Life on Pluto Perhaps With its New Found Sizeable Atmosphere. LIFE EVERYWHERE.

MAY WE WALK THE PATH OF ASCENSION HUMANITY AS WE EXPLORE THE UNIVERSE.

FINIT

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

yes its amazing how life just coalesces from this process
AbioGenesis it truly is a wonder; makes you think about why the Universe is here. Is the purpose of the Universes existance to see what comes from the product of evolution of life?

When we become sentient beings can we enchance our technological and biological ability enough to become Transcendent Or Ascension and become the Creator Ourselves.....

We may create our own Universe if we ever become advanced enough starting the process over again. Who knows this is just a theory but fun to think about.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Interesting post. I can only imagine the types of lifeforms that exist on other planets. Out of the billions of galaxies(if not trillions), all which hold billions of stars/planets, im sure there are many planets which hold life. Some that look similar to our planet, and others that are drastically different. I really wonder what a planet and it's creatures would look like coming from different elements other than the ones that our planet needs to support life.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I added a segment from that Wiki link. More than one building block of RNA was found on maybe more that one sample which also included a couple of asteroids. RNA is the building blocks of DNA, the chemical compounds found from at least one comet coma included more than one organic compound, though I'm not a chemist and the line between organic and inorganic seems a bit blurred or disputed. No, they didn't find life per see, but the building blocks in organisms were present.

On February 15, 2011, at 04:42:00 UTC, Stardust-NExT encountered Tempel 1 from a distance of 181 km (112 mi). An estimated 72 images were acquired during the encounter. These showed changes in the terrain and revealed portions of the comet never seen by Deep Impact. The impact site from Deep Impact was also observed though it was barely visible due to material settling back into the crater.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Yes i Agree life is probably Ubiquitous in many places. Maybe not all places but many places.
We are just waiting for NASA or some other agency to finally reveal or find evidence of life existing on other bodies.

I believe disclosure may come within a few years or decades.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yes it is thought that the organic compounds for life exits throughout the galaxy and universe. My friend Illustronic we will find life in many solar systems eventually it will be amazing.

The greatest Achievement of mankind IMO will be to discover life and find life on other planets and/or solar systems. It will be great the world will Revel and be enthralled by the Achievement. While the billions steeped in ignorance through religion and cults will maybe awake to the reality that they are worshiping sky fairies.

Then The roman Catholic Church changes its thoughts and thinks that life is existant recently they are hypocrites because in the book of God they say god cannot be wrong but many contradictions happen. So this proves many of their false lies.

They just want to conform to society the Catholic Church. Remember they are the ones who persecuted Galileo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Can we have one topic around here without it turning into or someone bringing up religion? Seriously. Secondly, panspermia isn't a theory anymore. Haha. I need no more proof.

You could also check out this thread.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Hivethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hivethink

Everything is Theory! The Religious topic is touchy but i can bring it up here because i think it plays a large role in this. The discovery of life will show the religious people of the world the universe doesn't revolve around us; Pale Blue Dot.

You will see my friend; Not saying there isn't a god that exists; but i am saying that if a god/higher being does exists its definitely not based from the religions on this little Earth.

Too many people think the Universe Revolves around Earth. Time For a change my friend.

THIS is a very related topic.

Look out to the vast cosmos of the Universe take it all in the Vastness of it all and it will blow your mind away. Its time we expand our horizons instead of being steeped in ignorance!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
who's to say alien bacteria or pathogens arent already here ???

what about morgellons disease ..... or the black plague, ... perhaps they were simple virus's from somewhere else our bodies had no immunity against.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Interesting maybe you're right! Those viruses could have come from other planets maybe scary though.

Makes you think about it because epidemics viruses can hit out of nowhere; Didn't the black plague kill liked a 1/3 of Europes population.
edit on 26-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I in no way endorsed the Panspermia theory, I simply stated that discoveries feed the beliefs of those in that camp.

Personally I reside in the abiogenesis camp. 3.5 billion years is a very long time, and so is one billion years leading up to that point.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I in no way endorsed the Panspermia theory, I simply stated that discoveries feed the beliefs of those in that camp.

Personally I reside in the abiogenesis camp. 3.5 billion years is a very long time, and so is one billion years leading up to that point.

Abiogenesis leaves out one major point though. Where did those building blocks for life come from? Life has to come from life. While earth was a planetesimal, getting absolutely pummeled by all sizes of asteroids and other space debris, burning at unimaginable temperatures, and getting nuked by radiation due to not having any kind of protection, where did those building blocks come from?

Did the earth cool and settle down and all of a sudden these building blocks just popped up out of nowhere? Popped up from what? Thin air? Obviously not. So, where did they come from?

I think the answer is easy. They rode in on various cosmic bodies. Hitched a ride in meteorites, asteroids, the coma's of comets. You're right about one thing: 3.5 billion years is a very long time. A very long time to get smacked around by asteroids. I see no other option other than these organic compounds and building blocks coming from space. We know for a fact that these proteins, aminos, compounds, whatever, can survive harsh extremes.

Please. I beg of you. Visit the cosmic ancestry website. Life didn't just show up. Hell, I'm a Christian and I can tell you how ridiculous that sounds.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe there is not one single source of minerals forming organic chemicals that self generated, reproduced. That is the stumbling block you seem to hold, that atmospheric pressures, heat, and radiation cannot stimulate the very elements that make up our now bodies to have ever synthesized into chemical spontaneous division. I say that part of the equation has been proven. Miller Experiment

And has been repeatably demonstrated, that is the Scientific Process.

I don't believe all life on earth came from a single first living cell, I believe that there are several places on prehistoric earth that created different chemical syntheses. I believe our closer large moon tidal forces aided shoreside life creation, deep sea thermal vents a different life form, and so on.

Please don't again use that phrase of 'All of a Sudden', because you must grasp the time scale we are talking about. If you live to be 66 years old you have only taken about a billion breaths of air, at most.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Same; I believe that Abiogenesis is what started life here on Earth. But whos to say it hasn't been tainted by other worldly life forms yet. Maybe just maybe Life is somewhat similar throughout the Universe in terms of microorganism evolution.

Yes and to reply to your second post i believe too that it is entirely possible that life evolved from multiple places at once on the Earth. When the certain conditions arose for this life to coalesce. It makes sense but this new study widens the possibility of life existing on many larger planets i think. Time will tell i guess. Maybe Gas Giants and BrownDwarfs do have life; Heck maybe even the Sun has plasma Based life We haven't been able to study these conditions closely enough to know for sure yet.

We will have to wait and see what surprises the Universe holds for us.
edit on 27-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What you're talking about is psuedo-panspermia. The idea that "alien" compounds mixed in with whatever building blocks were already here (although, I'm still having problems with how they got here in the first place. Radiation creates life? Really?).

Psuedo-panspermia is still panspermia.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Hivethink because: (no reason given)

I like this quote:

"Hoyle and Wickramasinghe also broadened or generalized panspermia to include a new understanding of evolution. While accepting the fact that life on Earth evolved over the course of about four billion years, they say that the genetic programs for higher evolution cannot be explained by random mutation and recombination among genes for single-celled organisms, even in that long a time: the programs must come from somewhere beyond Earth. In a nutshell, their theory holds that all of life comes from space. It incorporates the original panspermia much as General Relativity incorporates Special Relativity. Their expanded theory can well be termed "strong" panspermia."
edit on 27-4-2011 by Hivethink because: Added quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join