It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I'll say this: You have a very optimistic view on things. I commend you for that, honestly.

Sadly, I've become jaded over the years. I stopped having faith in government agencies about 4 years ago, and since then have truly come to see the world powers as evil things. I wish I were in a position to have an impact... but I'm not. I really do hope you are right though. I want to have my first kid soon... I don't want to be off fighting in some war (because I will take up arms to protect my family and country) because governments can't stop fighting over stupid issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

1. Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say "Vatican"?
2. It's not the "Revelations of John", but the Revelation (singular) of Jesus Christ.
3. I never claimed the events of the great war of Armageddon was on the horizon. What is immediately on the horizon is Psalm 83, which is a precursor to Ezekiel 38 and 39.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
He practically asked for an assassination...'I will not leave this soil until I die' or something like that...

Goodbye Mubarak hehehe.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you are talking about a religion which looks at Jesus as "Our Lord and Savior" then you are talking about the Vatican. The Vatican is the direct link to God from Earth... or am I completely mistaken?

Okay... not the building itself! Rather the Pope who resides there. I am simply trying to figure out by what you mean by "the church" because that is soooooo very broad a term that it could mean a lot other things. (Like an actual building, an ideology, a single person who represents the church, or every person on earth who views Christ as the savior)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Now if we could erase the M and U from Mubarak. That would make me smile. Not saying i want an assassination, but I just want him out of office.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Seitler

1. Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say "Vatican"?
2. It's not the "Revelations of John", but the Revelation (singular) of Jesus Christ.
3. I never claimed the events of the great war of Armageddon was on the horizon. What is immediately on the horizon is Psalm 83, which is a precursor to Ezekiel 38 and 39.

Any chance of not spreading your religious poison on this section of the forum? We're dealing with reality here, you see. There's nothing worse than seeing scripture quoted and used as 'evidence' in a thread.

There's a separate section at ATS for that kind of claptrap.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What gentile church are you speaking of? Biblically that term doesn't make any sense. The Church began as a sect of Judaism. The Apostles were Jews. Jesus was a Jew. The majority of Christians during the time the New Testament was written were Jews. Paul even says in Romans 11 that gentiles, who become Christians, are grafted into the olive tree that is Israel. The Apostolic Decree in Acts shows the Church's Council of Jerusalem, setting up guidelines for how non Jews become Christians.

Keeping this in mind when reading about the Seven Churches, helps the verses make more sense, when it talks of members of some of the churches claiming to be Jews, when they are not.

If you want to read some mind blowing info, look up how Ekklesia (Church) is used in the Greek, especially in the Greek Torah Jesus would have read.
edit on 11/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: ekklesia

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
Any chance of not spreading your religious poison on this section of the forum? We're dealing with reality here, you see. There's nothing worse than seeing scripture quoted and used as 'evidence' in a thread.

There's a separate section at ATS for that kind of claptrap.

Agreed Hawkwind. A separate thread can be started to debate that topic.

Back on topic -
Al Jazeera (live stream) just reported that the Supreme Council of Armed Forces will make a third statement after their current meeting.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Mubarak has just left Cairo to an unknown location somewhere in egypt, probably Sinai.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Mubarak has just left Cairo to an unknown location somewhere in egypt, probably Sinai.

I was hearing that too.

Unfortunately Al Arabiya just retracted the statement. Reported by Al Jazeera and now there are some tweets about the retraction. I'm trying to find the retraction on Al Arabiya, but nothing so far.

Update (8am est.).....
OK, now BBC states from confirmed sources that Mubarak has headed to the UAE.......
edit on 11-2-2011 by OneisOne because: update....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

enough with the hearsay... MSM...in this case www.news.yahoo.com....just published this
only 44 minutes ago... (7:27PM Eastern USA)
news.yahoo.com...

By HAMZA HENDAWI and SARAH EL DEEB, Associated Press Hamza Hendawi And Sarah El Deeb, Associated Press – 44 mins ago
CAIRO – Egypt's Hosni Mubarak refused to step down or leave the country and instead handed his powers to his vice president Thursday, remaining president and ensuring regime control over the reform process.

Hours earlier, a council of the military's top generals announced it had stepped in to secure the country,

the VP is taking power...as Mubarack sees fit = at the pace he wants to transfer power...

the masses might turn to mobs pretty soon,
i guess Mubarack is still finalizing plans for his safe exile...along with the Billion$ he's stashed over
the years

edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The topic is about Mubarak and the transfer of power. Respectful and civilized discussions on religion can be found elsewhere on the board.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Now if we could erase the M and U from Mubarak. That would make me smile. Not saying i want an assassination, but I just want him out of office.

US presidents have been Assasinated for doing less. The way I see it, a mans got to go the Bathroom sometime, and then.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

You're suggesting a Lethal Weapon 2 (toilet-bomb) type device...

Does anyone have more info on what Mubarak is doing? Or at least a link to a site that has been updating a good bit? I'm not very familiar with the different news sites, and I have very little idea which ones are reliable. (I actually started a thread about an article I saw on The Onion... that should explain how little I know of news sites... ha ha ha)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I just found this, its so sad:

1000memories.com...

A list of the people who died even children and how they died. One was shot 16 times!

edit on 11-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Twitter is where I have been getting most of my info on this revolution. There are certain users I've been following who are either major players or in the middle of the crowds, or both. Here's a small list of Twitter ppl who I've come to see as credible sources of information from within the revolution:

@RiverDryFilm
@Gsquare86
@Sandmonkey
@Ghonim
@occupiedcairo

Anyone else have any Twitter usernames to share, or other sources of credible info that you have been following?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by skeptic_al

You're suggesting a Lethal Weapon 2 (toilet-bomb) type device...

Does anyone have more info on what Mubarak is doing? Or at least a link to a site that has been updating a good bit? I'm not very familiar with the different news sites, and I have very little idea which ones are reliable. (I actually started a thread about an article I saw on The Onion... that should explain how little I know of news sites... ha ha ha)

Yeah, No

A bit more brutal. knock the door down. And introduce him to Mr Four by Two (Wood)
He's the sort of Person you want to make sure he stays alive for a few hours.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

I've been following Al Jazeera website and live stream.
english.aljazeera.net...
english.aljazeera.net...

Lots of things coming thru on Twitter... twitter.com...

And...
www.alarabiya.net...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Hope that helps. I will say Twitter is a good place to start. Many tweets coming thru in Arabic, but other members are translating those and re-tweeting.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
sandmonkey is famous i remember referencing him in an essay back when i was in high school. People like him are the ones who brought mubarak down.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

I've been following a few of those too and:

@SarahKaram1

@ElFoulio

@monaeltahawy

@bencnn

edit on 11/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join