It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I wish I could give you more stars. The concept of a constitutional republic is lost on some people. I can't tell you how it cringe whenever I hear people say something like, "In this country, the majority decide the laws" or when they get upset because a majority vote gets thrown out if the law is inconsistent with constitutional rights.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
maybe a bit of useless info but sunrises in cairo 6:39. 11:39 p.m. eastern. time will tell

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalemcfad
maybe a bit of useless info but sunrises in cairo 6:39. 11:39 p.m. eastern. time will tell

Not useless info at all..I was wondering about that and never checked...

This will continue tomorrow when the sun is up...hoping for peaceful resolution...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i hope for peace as well, but get mixed signals on this one for some reason. im usually in bed by now but feel compelled to wait for the sun to come up over egypt

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I think he's entitled to remain a citizen of his own country, but at the same time, if he DOESN'T step down, he'll leave himself no choice but to leave in disgrace, he's really between a rock and a hard place, not that he's a great guy or anything don't get me wrong, he looks like Count Dracula in fact, but I'm for civility in the end at the end of the day, and I am convinced somehow, by some optimistic faith in humanity, that this thing will be worked out.

I predict he will resign within one week from today Feb 10 2011. But not without handing over all his powers - if he does this, he can remain a type of hero of sorts and take his place in Egyptian society. It's not appropriate I don't think for him to have to slink away in the dead of night. imho.

edit on 10-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think he will be forced to leave the country and maybe even soloman. They will fear being tried, especially if a true government that represents the people comes to power. I think this is why most leaders skip town.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

I'd go to sleep. Things don't usually heat up over there on Fridays till after afternoon prayers. Then it usually gets insane. hehe

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by MemoryShock

i hope for peace as well, but get mixed signals on this one for some reason. im usually in bed by now but feel compelled to wait for the sun to come up over egypt

Certainly, everything is in flux and can change from one second to the next. As long as the citizens remain unarmed, then things have a good chance of it ending the way it should. But that X factor is always hanging around waiting for the opportunity to screw everything up.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Listening to the media on CNN I don't think they are expecting anything good tomorrow, I feel the same, hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

im afraid that x-factor (simply speaking) might be thousands of people who have not slept in awhile. cant speak for them but when im sleep deprived i get a little cranky but having said that i by no means deminish what the egyptian people have gone through or about to go through. i hope mubarak comes out of his dillusinal state of mind before its too late.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
G'day mates.

Thought i'd pop my head in and say that i hope everything goes well for the Egyptian people, tho i can
see it getting worse before it gets better, unfortunately.
As a couple of posters have said, Muburak's speech was quite possibly designed to enrage the people and make them do something stupid so he can then order martial law. Hopefully they won't fall for it!

Asala, you been doing a great job. Keep up the good work

This "revolution" has made me think. On these boards i keep hearing cries for change/ revolution in the
"Good Ol' U S of A".... I honestly don't think you could scrounge up 500k people, let alone 1 Million, with the cajone's the Egyptian people have. If peeps in the states want change, what is happening in Egypt is what has to happen! Are you ready to drag yourselves away from your iphones, ipads, internet, tv, mcdonalds, walmart and all the other s%^t to make that happen?
Till then, look at countries like Egypt and STFU. You don't have it that bad...... yet!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's probably safe to assume he won't step down in September either...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

You have to keep in mind how hard it would be for America to start such a revolution. I recall media outlets claiming the Egyptian protests were organized on sites like Twitter and Facebook, the American government would catch wind of something like that, and would inevitably prevent any such occurrence from happening, probably claiming "terrorism on the homeland" or something of the sort. And that brings up the next point. America lives in the luxury it does at the expense of third world countries. How many American citizens do you actually think are ready to face the truth and let go of attachment? What we need is a serious event to happen closer to home for such a revolution to spark.

Anyways, good luck from Canada, Egypt, power to the people. I hope this comes to an end soon and peacefully with Mubarak far, far away and an honest, uncorrupt candidate takes his place.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm not looking forward to turning the news on when I wake up in the morning.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

im afraid that x-factor (simply speaking) might be thousands of people who have not slept in awhile. cant speak for them but when im sleep deprived i get a little cranky but having said that i by no means deminish what the egyptian people have gone through or about to go through. i hope mubarak comes out of his dillusinal state of mind before its too late.

Yes, this is taking a serious toll on them and they are being pushed to their limits and amazingly they are maintaining their composure and their eye on the big picture. That said, I have also accepted the fact that the volatile nature of these sorts of things can always turn bloody in the blink of an eye.

On another note, I sure in the hell hope someone is watching out the back door while we are watching out the front window at the commotion across the street and daddy on the front porch shouting his two cents.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

You have to keep in mind how hard it would be for America to start such a revolution. I recall media outlets claiming the Egyptian protests were organized on sites like Twitter and Facebook, the American government would catch wind of something like that, and would inevitably prevent any such occurrence from happening, probably claiming "terrorism on the homeland" or something of the sort. And that brings up the next point. America lives in the luxury it does at the expense of third world countries. How many American citizens do you actually think are ready to face the truth and let go of attachment? What we need is a serious event to happen closer to home for such a revolution to spark.

Anyways, good luck from Canada, Egypt, power to the people. I hope this comes to an end soon and peacefully with Mubarak far, far away and an honest, uncorrupt candidate takes his place.

If people ever see, that security blanket that they are hanging on to is not really a security blanket, we would have a good chance.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I wish I could give you more stars. The concept of a constitutional republic is lost on some people. I can't tell you how it cringe whenever I hear people say something like, "In this country, the majority decide the laws" or when they get upset because a majority vote gets thrown out if the law is inconsistent with constitutional rights.

I appreciate that. I just cringe when I hear people say we are a Democracy, not only does the founding fathers speak out vigorously against Democracies, but our Constitution explicitly states we are a Republic.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Not useless info at all..I was wondering about that and never checked...

This will continue tomorrow when the sun is up...hoping for peaceful resolution...

I think they said it's going to hit the fan after Friday prayers are over. Anyone know what time that will be Eastern time?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Well, it looks like the protestors have won, Mubarak is gone tonight! Now all we have to do is wait to see who's puppet fills the void. I really think that the people need some time to organize behind a candidate that truly represents their needs.

I guess this really shows that it's not up to the U.S. to traverse the world overthrowing dictators. All we have to do is to quit supporting them and the people will remove them on their own.

Good Luck, Egypt

www.wptv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related article; content.usatoday.com...
edit on 10-2-2011 by Flatfish because: edit to add related article

Related article; worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 10-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

How is a bait n switch a win for the people? They did not win, they are being tricked into accepting another dictator.

Deebo
edit on 10-2-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
This is great news !!!

Elections are far cheaper to buy than dictators.

Yeah democracy!

You do realise, if all the Dictators in Md-East tumble, then the Price of Oil is going to Sky-Rocket.
As EVERYTHING you buy at some point requires Oil, therefore everything else will go up.

This is just one of the reasons the White House preferred Dictators over Democracies in the first place.

If you like your way of Life now over People, you should be saying: Come On Dictators....

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join