It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I also just read a tweet saying that there are US warships on their way to Suez right now. Here's a link to a new article mentioning it: www.aina.org...

The link is from the Assyrian International News Agency website, I've never read anything from them before, so I don't know how much stock to put in it. If it's true, this is a very disturbing development.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Could you imagine having Obama for 30 YEARS? After 2 years my house is worth half as much but my taxes are up 10% and my insurance is up 40%!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
lol @ suggestion ^^

Egyptian State TV only report what the Egyptian Government tell them to report

i know thats why its so interesting to watch. plus its fun to watch them admit about their mistakes and misinformation on tv right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Could you imagine having Obama for 30 YEARS? After 2 years my house is worth half as much but my taxes are up 10% and my insurance is up 40%!

Or Bush 30 years

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhnsmth
I also just read a tweet saying that there are US warships on their way to Suez right now. Here's a link to a new article mentioning it: www.aina.org...

The link is from the Assyrian International News Agency website, I've never read anything from them before, so I don't know how much stock to put in it. If it's true, this is a very disturbing development.

people saw US ships in alexandra too.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Egyptian state tv interviewing protesters outside their building very funny: edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Agreed, that would be just as bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Right. Until 2 years ago, things were going great in this country.

We've had the same people in power for longer than 30 years, but they are good at fooling people (look how well it works on you). Every election they put up 2 puppets for the masses to vote for, that will enact the same policies, but play on hot button social issues that pit the people against each other. Notice none of them ever really legislate on those issues? They just talk about them and that's enough to work like a charm. The people of this country will never have the ability to see through the lies of our government, nor the fortitude to say enough is enough like the Egyptian people.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yeah...because the housing crisis is all Obama's fault

You do realize the housing dip started well before Obama became President....right?

And exactly what taxes of yours has gone up 10%??? I call flat out lie on that, unless you are talking about state taxes...and then that isn't Obama...is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the top military guy about to make a live speech or at least thats what i think since he arrived at state tv building.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
He practically asked for an assassination...'I will not leave this soil until I die' or something like that...

Goodbye Mubarak hehehe.

I personally don't find assassination or the death of anyone funny.

What the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight

Originally posted by Ellen15
lol @ suggestion ^^

Egyptian State TV only report what the Egyptian Government tell them to report

i know thats why its so interesting to watch. plus its fun to watch them admit about their mistakes and misinformation on tv right now.

Oh they are doing that really? wow

So many of their key employees/reporters/anchors have resigned especially in this past week

Im watching Aljazeera English live

I like how they bring in constitutional experts on Egypti, Arab Professors inside the Middle East and those living and working in Universities in the UK and USA to discuss the situation, feedback, more background and understanding

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
He's gone

link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hes leaving Egypt:

Mubarak leaves Cairo as protesters march on palace Hundreds of protesters reportedly attack police station in Sinai, throwing Molotov cocktails and exchanging fire with officers

link   
The protestors are going nuts...they are cheering and horns are honking.

No news why though.

link   
He's gone!!!!

I can't beleive that statement! So short!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
I personally don't find assassination or the death of anyone funny.

What the hell is wrong with people?

I agree. Although Mubarak has been responsible for the torture and deaths of countless Egyptians, over 300 during this protest alone, simply for disagreeing with him. A cynical anonymous comment on an internet discussion board, compared with the true atrocities carried out by Mubarak (and many other governments around the world) seems like very small potatoes to me.

link   
I'm hearing that the VP has announced that Mubarak has resigned....but no confirmation.

link   
its over people

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's official!

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join