It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

I agree with you.

The OP is working off an agenda.
Maybe paid by the post?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

People are getting the nature of the particular violence I have brought to attention in the OP confused with General violence.

In the clip, violence is being committed AT THE SAME TIME as the people committing the violence are yelling praises to Allah.

I implore you to find a SINGLE non-Islam act of violence where the people committing the violence are praising the figurehead of their religion.

Sure - violence happens all the time all over the world. Americans on Americans, British on British, it happens everywhere. But nowhere do members of a religion perform violent acts WHILE praising their God (Satanists perhaps??)

From what I have seen - this is unique to Islam.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Well then I suggest you take a look at Palistine where people are killed daily because they are not of a chosen religion...
We can go on if you wish...........

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
How can you say that Muslims are the violent ones, when the US has killed literally hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the multiple illegal wars around the world?

edit on 7-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

I acknowledge the fact that violence has been committed by many non-Muslims. But a point I would like to highlight is that none of that violence was committed WHILE praising their God.

Islam is the only religion I have seen where Violence and Praising the Lord go hand in hand (like in the video, and I could probably find some other Jihad footage if you would like?)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... so these are muslims, just with a few minor differences.... very minor.. but its enough to deserve to be beaten to death over???!!!
Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah" ...

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves" Islam is not about treating everyone equally. There are two very distinct standards that are applied based on religious status.
source: www.thereligionofpeace.com...

No im not saying that Christianity is good (maybe if it was taught right and not all about money then it could work) ... but what i am saying is that if Muslims really do follow every word in their holy book, then us Non believers should watch out!
Our fore fathers once fought at the gates of Vienna... en.wikipedia.org...
and I personally think we should thank them....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hello.

I am an agnostic, but my family and many of my friends are Ahmaddi muslims. I live in the British Columbia area and the regular ahmaddiya movement website is alislam.org. I am not writing this to promote the religion, I am merely telling you.

I made an account earlier today when I read a thread about someone asking Muslim parents about allowing their children to change their faith. I commented about how my family accepted my change to agnosticism, and how all Muslims aren't bad. I also commented on how many Muslims disagree with the practices done by extremists.

I would like to let you know that in the previous attacks on Ahmaddiya Muslims in Lahore back in May of 2010, I lost two cousins and two other distant family relatives. My family was devastated, as was I. I believe in god but I believe that the only right way to live life is to be a good person, and that it should not get more specific than that, thus I am not a Muslim. But in my whole life, the only community I have ever been a part of is the Ahmaddiya community. We are peaceful people, and I know for a fact that these family members of mine have suffered a lot. And yet, we do not label all Muslims as terrorists. We do not blame all Jews for the problems of the worlds, as we do not blame Atheists, or Christians, or even Muslims. Yes we acknowledge (my father does moreso than anyone else) that there are horrible horrible Muslims out there who are indeed driven by a mix of anger, poverty, religious incitement, etc. and we agree that that is a problem that must be fixed.

But I beg you dude, please do not use attacks on the group that my family currently is a part of to incite more anti-Muslim hatred. I don't care if Sunni's, Shiites, or whatever attacked that mosque that day, or who attacked now. The person that attacked was a #ing asshole, plain and simple. Just like the ones that do honor killings are assholes that are motivated by religion, this is the same case. Please, when this happened, my parents did not say that all non-Ahmaddi muslims are evil. Despite the fact that my family's group is persecuted, they taught me to love ALL PEOPLE for who they are, and judge them by their qualities, not ethnicity or faith. I am not saying to ignore extremist Islam, it is a real threat. But please do not use our sufferings to further your hatred.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE. This is a direct reply with direct experience. My father has gone through so much suffering, but he has still taught me that you judge people as people, not as groups. The world is not black and white. The world does not have one single problem. It has many. As we fix poverty, fix religious hostility (while I am agnostic, I have had a positive religious experience with my family and friends, and thus I do not condone the wiping out of all religion), fix hatred for one another and realize we all have one thing in common- WE ARE ALL HUMAN.

I ask again to please please please not ignore this message. My family is Ahmaddi. They don't judge. And thus you cannot take their sufferings and use them as an excuse to judge either.

EDIT: here is a link to the attack I mentioned: www.cbc.ca...

edit on 7-2-2011 by trumpetthief1 because: Added link to attack

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Nick_X

Well then I suggest you take a look at Palistine where people are killed daily because they are not of a chosen religion...
We can go on if you wish...........

Do the Jews Praise God while they drop their white phosphorous bombs?? I have never seen or heard of this.

Do the Muslims Praise Allah while they shoot their rockets?? From what I have seen, I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
By British Columbia, I mean BC in Canada. If there is any way for me to upload pictures, I can upload a few from a few years ago from when I was with the Ahmaddi jamaat in Canada as a way to prove it if you guys really want proof.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I acknowledge the fact that violence has been committed by many non-Muslims. But a point I would like to highlight is that none of that violence was committed WHILE praising their God.

Islam is the only religion I have seen where Violence and Praising the Lord go hand in hand (like in the video, and I could probably find some other Jihad footage if you would like?)

Do you need links to the crusades??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Do the Jews Praise God while they drop their white phosphorous bombs?? I have never seen or heard of this.

Do the Muslims Praise Allah while they shoot their rockets?? From what I have seen, I wouldn't be surprised.

Saying it out loud or believing it silently is the same thing in my mind..
What was it, something like "one jewish toe nail is worth a million arabs" ???

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by trumpetthief1

Thank you for your input trumpettheif. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hate is a powerful word, and to say I am anti-Muslim would not be correct. I admit that part of me is anti-Religion, as I cannot condone the horrible things that I have seen committed "in the name of Religion". This line of thought continues into another topic so I shall stop, but thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Nick_X

The crusades still happen in 2011?? I already acknowledged historical religious violence - please bring something current to the table if you have it.

link   
reply to post by backinblack

Crusades happened long ago, this is happening now. The topic of this thread is "Islam is a violent religion", not "but Christianity is/was a violent religion, too". It is offtopic.

Of course, not every muslim is a violent criminal, mostly those living in poverty in muslim countries, and those without education. There are lots of moderate peaceful muslims, too, so the thread title is an incorrect generalization.

link   
reply to post by Nick_X

USA bombs have killed more innocent people in this SO CALLED FIGHT FOR FREEDOM. How many muslim parents got payed from the US to forget that their sons and daughters had been blown apart by US SMART bombs, and that their children looked just as destoryed and as that photo of that poor little life being taken away that you tried to show. I would and will try to stop this if i see it on my journey through this world in this life, And so would most of the readers. We wouldnt care what religion any child was. All life is SPECIAL. But dont try to play on or hearts or try to minipulate our souls.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
reply to post by trumpetthief1

Thank you for your input trumpettheif. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hate is a powerful word, and to say I am anti-Muslim would not be correct. I admit that part of me is anti-Religion, as I cannot condone the horrible things that I have seen committed "in the name of Religion". This line of thought continues into another topic so I shall stop, but thank you for sharing your experience.

I thank you for the very kind and sensitive response. I also agree that there have been man horrible things that have been done in the name of religion that are just disgusting. Most religious people, I believe, just want to have a general belief in god, but are bogged down by some nonsensical religious customs. Thus, I do wish that they could break out of that and see that religion and belief in god are not the same thing. I really dig my family though and think that if you're a good person, then religion isn't always bad.

Thanks again for the kid response, appreciated.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

The crusades still happen in 2011?? I already acknowledged historical religious violence - please bring something current to the table if you have it.

No probs...
So what's the current death toll of Muslims by US forces as they smile and say it's all in the name of fighting terrorism.???

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Oh and while I am back, for the time being, why did you right Islam IS a violent religion, when you are asking about why it is or isn't.

Seems to me that you have already chose which side you are on before putting in all your information.

It's not like you have actually checked for another GROUP OF PEOPLE that do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
You don't see Catholics beating up 7th Adventists....or Indian Hindus killing Balinese Hindus.....what is it about Islam that makes followers turn to violence to solve problems?

no, you see christians attcking muslims, and burning their qurans, and believing that our 30k people who died justify the couple hundred thousand of their deaths.

you see people talk about hoe they are violent as a religion, when in the same light you can say people as a species are violent. dont blame the religion, blame the teachers. any religion can be perverted and utterly changed by just picking and choosing what gospels to tell, or taking certain quotes out of context.

not a violent religion, like judaism, or christianity, or bhuddism.
mmix in unstable people, and before long, you can have everyone convinced the whole group is insane

deny ignorance please, dont breed it

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Nick_X

No probs...
So what's the current death toll of Muslims by US forces as they smile and say it's all in the name of fighting terrorism.???

currently at 750k+/-... 150k in one day alone. pretty sure i wouldnt trust christians either.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

HE ONLY POSTED ONE EVENT...
Bloody nora, are you 9 ?
Ugh Im not going to go into it with you, face palming and headbutting brick walls is NOT worth it.

Hmm 9.?? Now that would be nice..I had fun at school..

But anyways, do I really need to show the violence inflicted on westerners by fellow westerners??
Do we have a list of murders commited in the US??

Kinda blows this thread out of the water IMO....

edit on 7-2-2011 by backinblack because: little spelling check..

Are we talking about crimes in the US ? I thought it was about islam.

Bend the rules as you want, does not change the FACTS.

Oo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join