It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokyuketsuki53
Extremists are violent. Do not blame the entire religion for one sect's violence. It would be like naming Catholicism cannibals because some still believe in transubstantiation or naming Christians violent because of the crusades. I do NOT promote the Islamic religion but I do know some peaceful Muslims and therefore feel lead to defend them. Not all Muslims practice jihad. Not all Catholics believe in transubstantiation. Not all Christians took part in the crusades.

Yet again people seem to be completely incapable of grasping or recognising a simple point - it doesn't matter how many 'nice muslims' you have met that do not follow the tenets of Islam all that closely - the point is that it is the teachings Islam itself that are the problem - just as though it were Nazism or Stalinism.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Religion isn't violent- People are violent.

Religion is just the object through which violent people express themselves and justify their evil actions.

I haven't read the thread yet... but I'm sure this has been said more than a few times- it's the truth!

I thought of this too Monts.

It is a little like the gun argument.

Guns don't kill...people do.

Religion, like guns, in the hands of extremists prove a most dangerous, deadly and volatile combination.

John Lennon: IMAGINE NO RELIGION

Would be like no guns
Peaceful but...not likely.

Still - we all can see where much of the problem lies.
Who would kill John Lennon?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
wow dbl post sorry

edit on 8-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I don't think we can reduce it to Islam. It just so happens that the majority of followers are from the Middle-East through to Pakistan and Jakarta etc.

I have worked in Turkey, and the Middle East--there is a lot of lynch mob mentality, especially in Turkey.

I am certain that it is unrelated to Islam as such. However, it is likely that the religion does not help pacify violent people.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TexasChem

Just as worrying as Muhamad's violence, was his paedophillia, namely his infant bride Aisha: married at six; deflowered at nine.

Very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's true. I came across this very blunt anti-coexist image the other day and got a good laugh.

edit on 13-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join