It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Islam is and always has been since its creation by Muhammad, a political military ideology disguised as a religion used to enslave its followers and create an Islamic world empire .A totalitarian ideaology disguised as a religion if you will.

The devout Muslim believes Sharia Law is the constitution of God and can never be changed in any way. Sharia law is the basis for the religious, political and cultural life of all Muslims.The following are just a few of the teachings of Sharia Law: Mocking anything in the Qur'an or the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad is apostasy and therefore punishable by death.Criticizing Islam, shari'ah law or the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad is apostasy and therefore punishable by death.Any Muslim who states a preference for democracy rather than shari'ah law or questions anything in the Qur'an or Sunnah is a kafir (disbeliever), considered an apostate, and therefore sentenced to death.Yet this religion is being touted as the religion of peace?

There is a second layer of Islamic jurisprudence.Events related to the deeds and words on Muhammad when he was not making the prophetic utterances recorded in the Koran have been compiled into a series of Books called the Hadith which are considered as important to the Muslim as the Koran.

I suggest reading the Koran and Hadiths in full before those of you that defend Islam attack those that disagree with Islam.You are showing your ignorance of the religions ideological beliefs.Your belief of Man having freedom of religion will surely be tempered.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

You may be right there, that it is the teachers corrupting the students of Islam, coercing them to violence.

But then I might ask, why does it happen so often? I mean, why does it happen more than it happens to Christians, Buddhists, or Hindus?

Islam seems to be an easy religion to corrupt toward violence if it is in fact perpetrated by the teachers as you say.

If that were truly the case, then there must be an underlying foundation for this violence somewhere within the religion or the main line of teachings.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

You have got to be pulling my 3rd leg. If christianity was our so called first religion then its obvious that any and all religious persecution must have been taught and leart from you christians. YOU ARE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK.

edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I don't really understand what you are referring to, can you please elaborate?

I never said anything about Christianity being the first religion.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasChem
Islam is and always has been since its creation by Muhammad, a political military ideology disguised as a religion used to enslave its followers and create an Islamic world empire .A totalitarian ideaology disguised as a religion if you will.

The devout Muslim believes Sharia Law is the constitution of God and can never be changed in any way. Sharia law is the basis for the religious, political and cultural life of all Muslims.The following are just a few of the teachings of Sharia Law: Mocking anything in the Qur'an or the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad is apostasy and therefore punishable by death.Criticizing Islam, shari'ah law or the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad is apostasy and therefore punishable by death.Any Muslim who states a preference for democracy rather than shari'ah law or questions anything in the Qur'an or Sunnah is a kafir (disbeliever), considered an apostate, and therefore sentenced to death.Yet this religion is being touted as the religion of peace?

There is a second layer of Islamic jurisprudence.Events related to the deeds and words on Muhammad when he was not making the prophetic utterances recorded in the Koran have been compiled into a series of Books called the Hadith which are considered as important to the Muslim as the Koran.

I suggest reading the Koran and Hadiths in full before those of you that defend Islam attack those that disagree with Islam.You are showing your ignorance of the religions ideological beliefs.Your belief of Man having freedom of religion will surely be tempered.

Excellent Point there, though even if we filter out your opinion we are still left with the fact of Sharia Law. I am not a student of Islam and cannot say the place with Sharia Law has within Islamic society, bit if binomial or another Muslim can elaborate on Sharia Law it would be beneficial to those like myself who are not fully versed in the implications of such a religious decree and how this decree can lead to violence.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

YOU ARE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK.

No, he is not. The pot (extremist christians) is dead for hundreds of years and not tolerated now (maybe with the exception of some areas in Africa).

edit on 7/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

You may be right there, that it is the teachers corrupting the students of Islam, coercing them to violence.

But then I might ask, why does it happen so often? I mean, why does it happen more than it happens to Christians, Buddhists, or Hindus?

Islam seems to be an easy religion to corrupt toward violence if it is in fact perpetrated by the teachers as you say.

If that were truly the case, then there must be an underlying foundation for this violence somewhere within the religion or the main line of teachings.

Islam was founded upon principles promoting violence to extend Islams political influence on the Arabian peninsula AND eventually an entire worldwide ummah.It is a plainly stated purpose in the Hadiths and Koran.

Heres a bit of history about Muhammad...
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

There is no opinion to filter out.
I state fact.

Timeline of Muhammad's Life (A.D)

570 - Born in Mecca
576 - Orphaned upon death of mother
595 - Marries Kadijah - older, wealthy widow
610 - Reports first revelations from angel at age of 40
619 - Protector uncle dies
622 - Emigrates from Mecca to Medina (the Hijra)
623 - Orders raids on Meccan caravans
624 - Battle of Badr (victory)
624 - Evicts Qaynuqa Jews from Medina
624 - Orders the assassination of Abu Afak
624 - Orders the assassination of Asma bint Marwan
624 - Orders the assassination of Ka'b al-Ashraf
625 - Battle of Uhud (defeat)
625 - Evicts Nadir Jews
627 - Battle of the Trench (victory)
627 - Massacre of the Qurayza Jews
628 - Signing of the Treaty of Hudaibiya with Mecca
628 - Destruction and subjugation of the Khaybar Jews
629 - Orders first raid into Christian lands at Muta (defeat)
630 - Conquers Mecca by surprise (along with other tribes)
631 - Leads second raid into Christian territory at Tabuk (no battle)
632 - Dies

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TexasChem

Medina and the Origin of Jihad Stinging from the rejection of his own town and tribe, Muhammad's message quickly become more intolerant and ruthless - particularly as he gained power. Islam's holiest book clearly reflects this contrast, with the later parts of the Qur'an adding violence and earthly defeats at the hands of Muslims to the woes of eternal damnation that the earlier parts of the book promises those who will not believe in Muhammad. It was at Medina that Islam evolved from a relatively peaceful religion borrowed from others and into a military force that was intended to govern all aspects of society. During these last ten years of Muhammad's life, infidels were evicted or enslaved, converted upon point of death and even rounded up and slaughtered depending on expediency.

Who wrote this anyways?

About TheReligionofPeace.com TheReligionofPeace.com is a non-partisan and pluralistic site concerned with Islam's true political and religious teachings according to its own texts. We present the threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom, and document the violence that ensues as a direct consequence of this religion's supremacist teachings. We are not associated with any organization. We do not promote any religion, but we are not hostile to religion. We support the rights of atheists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, homosexuals, woman, Muslims and anyone else on the planet to live as they wish without violating the rights of others.

They seem pretty fair, but only further reading and research can tell. Anyway, thank you for that link, it appears to explain quite a lot of things about Islam and Violence.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by badw0lf

HE ONLY POSTED ONE EVENT...
Bloody nora, are you 9 ?
Ugh Im not going to go into it with you, face palming and headbutting brick walls is NOT worth it.

Hmm 9.?? Now that would be nice..I had fun at school..

But anyways, do I really need to show the violence inflicted on westerners by fellow westerners??
Do we have a list of murders commited in the US??

Kinda blows this thread out of the water IMO....

edit on 7-2-2011 by backinblack because: little spelling check..

Are we talking about crimes in the US ? I thought it was about islam.

Bend the rules as you want, does not change the FACTS.

Oo

No, facts are facts..
But it does put it into perspective..
FACT is the US kills more than anyone currently..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

The 20th century starts at the 2:45 mark.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by Nick_X

You have got to be pulling my 3rd leg. If christianity was our so called first religion then its obvious that any and all religious persecution must have been taught and leart from you christians. YOU ARE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK.

Judaism then there was Christianity then there was Islam.
Yet even before Judaism there has been found evidence linking Judaism with earlier Sumerian stories and beliefs.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

would the other religions here in the us do the same if muslims started showing up on their soil? well, they did make all that fuss over a mosque, an tat wasnt even miliatary occupation

other religions do, but nowadays we cant just go down the street and chop someones head off with a machete, instead they teach their followers to ruin peoples lives untill that person takes their own life. just one example is the targetting of gays. im pretty sure that it is exaserbated by the preachers, and is of the same form of hatred you believe only to be shown by the islamic faith

if you were paying more attention you would see that the fight is being waged on their land. they believe they face annhialation, and in their predicament, ithink i would too. now what do you expect from a people that are barely literate, facing technologically advanced miliataries whose leaders only talk of how muslims are dangerous and their only goal is to destroy americans.

even if islam was a pascifist religion, being backed into a corner will change things, and themore desperate one is to exist, the farther he will be willing to go to show that he is not going anywhere. its unfortunate, but i just cant understand why we put this religion in such a predicament and then get angry when they get tired of it and bare their fangs.

nothing is black and white. you cant judge peoples motives without understanding their circumstances, every detective knows that, same applies to large groups of people

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Sorry. You did not call it the first religion. But with the way it seems to me, me being a none religious type, All you religious types think you are the only TRUE RELIGION, and keep trying to pretend the other religions are worse when yours, you all kill, fight and die for your Saviour. Thats the really scary part for us none religious freaks, I only hope Lordy jebus can save us SINNERS.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
You need to forget about Islam being a 'religion' - and therfore granting it carte-blanche legitimacy, it is more akin to Nazism than anything else, a supremecist view of the world based on belief rather than race, Jews are still the same and infidels are 'unterrmenschem' or subhumans.

The world is divided by them into two camps the 'house of peace' and the 'house of war' - or lands yet to be conquered by Islam.

Islam is a violent intolerant supremecist ideology - sure there are moderate Nazis, non practising Nazis, Nazis pretending to be moderate whilst they infiltrate, Nazis telling you that Naziism is just misunderstood.

The problem is ISLAM as a teaching - not its members specifically - though they will allways try to deflect the criticism onto that, so they can play the race card, or point to some moderate Nazis.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

The problem is ISLAM as a teaching - not its members specifically - though they will allways try to deflect the criticism onto that, so they can play the race card, or point to some moderate Nazis.

Hmm,must be playing the cards with a short deck seeing as another religion has stolen all them cards..

Anti this, denier that..
And even laws against such things..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Dont talk about Nazis when your government took the nazis that should of been executed at Nuremburg that didnt want to defect to the USSR. OPERATION PAPERCLIP it is called. Thats when the US took hundreds of Nazi war criminal scientists from chemical weapons experts, and rocket scientists like VON BRUAN the creator of the first smart killing bombs, The V2 Rockets that terrorised the British and the world in WW2 and turned him into the saviour of the space race and you sadistic Americans even put him on the Walt Disney.
And he who aint sinned Start throwing your stones, So to speak.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
For God's sake, what is seriously up with the members of ATS?

Firstly there are multiple threads on this...go and spam there.

Secondly, there are parts of all religions that are violent.

GET OVER IT.

Not all people, in this case, Muslims are violent.
It's a MINORITY!
Like in every religion.

People twist the truth.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Dont talk about Nazis when your government took the nazis that should of been executed at Nuremburg that didnt want to defect to the USSR. OPERATION PAPERCLIP it is called. Thats when the US took hundreds of Nazi war criminal scientists from chemical weapons experts, and rocket scientists like VON BRUAN the creator of the first smart killing bombs, The V2 Rockets that terrorised the British and the world in WW2 and turned him into the saviour of the space race and you sadistic Americans even put him on the Walt Disney.
And he who aint sinned Start throwing your stones, So to speak.

See that's what I mean about redirecting away from the ideology of Islam itself - the US gov employed Germans who had been involved in Naziism - but were no longer NAZI's

Doesn't mean they went soft on NAZISM as an ideology!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

YOU ARE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK.

How funny you are. Do any of you see the truth. Your Religion has killed and still kills because you all think your better than us, we are lesser humans to you because we wont and dont beleive you. JUST BLAME OTHERS, its obvious your Sh*T dont stink still. GO JEBUS. He might touch you, BUT he better not touch me in my sleep or i will have the dirty bugger charged. PS allah dont rate a thought with me either. Your all crazy when it comes to gods. I hope i dont turn up burnt on a stake for witchery or have to go into hiding like Rushdie did. YES YOU ARE THE POT, THE KETTLE AND THE DEEP DARK BLACK OF WHICH THE KETTLE IS.

edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: mistakes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join