It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

"All that is and ever will be of Islam is contained in the Qur'an.

Some local clerics are corrupted, but so are others. There is a huge factor between corruption in other countries than the United States. That is education. The masses back in other countries can be convinced easier because they know less. Literacy rate is way lower there than over here. So how are you supposed to know if its true if you can't check.This is how the corrupted work".

I just want to Thank you for this post, all your answers are calm and intelligent. I haven't read the rest of the thread, going to, but this comment I think explains it all. Well done

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Even people are sometimes mouselike or play possum or are grizzlies and lions or hawks in their hearts.
People can be like sheep, or wild mustangs,

I read a passage written thousands of years ago some peoples born in the mideast would resemble the jackass. An old family feud having to do with a barren mother and a baby mix-up.

I am not suggesting there is any truth to this. Of course it is silly.

But when I see bloody footage, hear of mothers kicking their own sons heads away from them, the spitting vitriol and hatred, see the streets on fire I say to my self...what explanation can there be for this diagreeable braying and atrocious people?
I believe, (correctly or not) the same God made us all.
Naturally I wonder where was He going with this people? I still do not know.

To me the explanation above is as good as any.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by exile1981

Originally posted by exile1981
When was the last time someone blowing (or trying to) up an airplane turned out to not be Muslim?

Wasnt sure if you were asking this question seriously on a forum like ATS. If you were being serious, then just wanted to remind you that 9/11 was an inside job...

Actually I have my doubts about it being an inside job.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It doesnt matter what other religions did years past. What is true and disgusting is that the muslim religion is unfortunately commiting violence today. It is a violent religion, how can this even be debated or denied, or defended?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Religion isn't violent- People are violent.

Religion is just the object through which violent people express themselves and justify their evil actions.

I haven't read the thread yet... but I'm sure this has been said more than a few times- it's the truth!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's all about how the media presents the topic to us. I have good friends from Chechnya and Pakistan, and you would never even guess that they were Muslim unless they told you. They go out, love rock n roll, drink, look for the pretty ladies in clubs, play instruments, etc.... And admittedly, I felt the same way about Muslims before I became friends with one. It was a hard learned lesson and now I will NEVER put an individual person into a group and label them as "violent" or "stupid". What about Christianity's past, and even it's present with the Bible belt in the USA brainwashing millions for money? What about them damn Jews trying to take over the world?

Medias fault
Media's fault
Media's fault

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Religion isn't violent- People are violent.

Religion is just the object through which violent people express themselves and justify their evil actions.

I haven't read the thread yet... but I'm sure this has been said more than a few times- it's the truth!

When the koran reads like a manual for genocide then its not a 'religion' and yes it is violent!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
islam is NOT a religion its a cult *sigh* how many times?!
2nd

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Your obviously new here. Friendly reminder, not everyone on ATS believes 9/11 was an inside job, sorry.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

isnt it obvious that it was??
2nd

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

No, actually it's not. Maybe it is to you, but it's not enough for people that want actual concrete proof, something the truth movement has nothing of. But that's for another thread, let's not stray off topic. As for many Muslims being violent, it all goes back to the Koran and how they interpret it, even though it's quite evident that the Koran does promote violence thus making many un-educated Muslims violent.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I am new here and the sole reason I made an account was so that I could post on this thread. I actually found ATS about 15 minutes ago.

I also want to mention that I am devoutly Islamic.

1) The actual definition of 'Jihad' is to 'strive'. You know, everyday life struggles. Like how a man strives to provide the best life for his wife and kids. Like how a person strives to remain religious in a Satanic-driven world...that sort of thing.

2) It was mentioned a lot in this thread that Islam is violent in its very nature, from the very beginning: the Quran. Now, I've read the Quran, in Arabic and in a few English translations. These English translations are not "word of God" but of "scholars" who have dedicated their lives to translate the Quran from "Old Arabic" to "New English" or "New Urdu". Obviously it's the next best thing when you can't understand Arabic.

But you have to take it with a grain of salt. A different time frame of a different culture translated by a corrupt man for a present world; it's not the same thing. He obviously knows the implications of translating a few surahs (chapters) and ayats (verses) into ones sounding more violent than it's supposed to; nitpicking, cutting and changing in just the right places.

A lot of reasonably sound people know not to take the Quran at face value, (nor the Bible for the matter) but then you have corrupt people, brainwashing vulnerable, uneducated youth to act a certain way to make "God" have "mercy on their soul" or else they'll "burn in the fiery gates of Hell".

It happens with every religion, but the vast majority of Muslims are poor and uneducated and don't know any better against these leaders.

It's the same in the West and the Occident but our youth is brainwashed through different channels. Common ground in Saudi Arabia is Allah...while...in the States common ground is Ke$ha. Whatever.

/The religion at its core is sound.
//What I'm trying to get at is Islam is peaceful, but people can use ANYTHING as "evidence" to make it not (terrorist extreme fundamentalists? muslim haters?)

edit on 7-2-2011 by purpledrapes because: ///I am Canadian. Changed "America" to "the West and the Occident"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Every religion and culture has at one point or another evolved and continues too. I think the more our cultures meld, the more the more tolerant our religions become towards each other as well.

As far as the violence goes... I don't believe that periods in time are really relevant as they were judge as atrocities in periods of time as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

Originally posted by MareBellator
reply to post by gladtobehere

Your obviously new here. Friendly reminder, not everyone on ATS believes 9/11 was an inside job, sorry.

Its not a requirement that people buy into every conspiracy, but to not acknowledge the mother of all false flag operations as an inside job, I have to wonder why those people are on a forum like ATS in the first place.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by purpledrapes
Let me start off by saying that I am new here and the sole reason I made an account was so that I could post on this thread. I actually found ATS about 15 minutes ago.

I also want to mention that I am devoutly Islamic.

1) The actual definition of 'Jihad' is to 'strive'. You know, everyday life struggles. Like how a man strives to provide the best life for his wife and kids. Like how a person strives to remain religious in a Satanic-driven world...that sort of thing.

2) It was mentioned a lot in this thread that Islam is violent in its very nature, from the very beginning: the Quran. Now, I've read the Quran, in Arabic and in a few English translations. These English translations are not "word of God" but of "scholars" who have dedicated their lives to translate the Quran from "Old Arabic" to "New English" or "New Urdu". Obviously it's the next best thing when you can't understand Arabic.

But you have to take it with a grain of salt. A different time frame of a different culture translated by a corrupt man for a present world; it's not the same thing. He obviously knows the implications of translating a few surahs (chapters) and ayats (verses) into ones sounding more violent than it's supposed to; nitpicking, cutting and changing in just the right places.

A lot of reasonably sound people know not to take the Quran at face value, (nor the Bible for the matter) but then you have corrupt people, brainwashing vulnerable, uneducated youth to act a certain way to make "God" have "mercy on their soul" or else they'll "burn in the fiery gates of Hell".

It happens with every religion, but the vast majority of Muslims are poor and uneducated and don't know any better against these leaders.

It's the same in the West and the Occident but our youth is brainwashed through different channels. Common ground in Saudi Arabia is Allah...while...in the States common ground is Ke$ha. Whatever.

/The religion at its core is sound.
//What I'm trying to get at is Islam is peaceful, but people can use ANYTHING as "evidence" to make it not (terrorist extreme fundamentalists? muslim haters?)

edit on 7-2-2011 by purpledrapes because: ///I am Canadian. Changed "America" to "the West and the Occident"

Right on man, I'm from a Muslim family as well and have read (and memorized parts of the Quran) in native arabic many times. The main pillars are to read namaz, read quran, to do hajj, to give salat, and believing in one god. Since those are the five basics they are thus the most important parts of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What is the true nature of Islam? - probably one of the most important questions that the Western world needs to resolve in the light of it's demographic invasion of the West.

Statistical Islam

One of the great questions of the 21st century is: What is the true nature of Islam? There are two distinct answers to this question from the media and leaders. The popular message is that Islam is one of the great world religions, a peaceful religion, a foundation of world civilization, its Golden Age was the highpoint of history, and it preserved Western thought while we were in the Dark Ages. The alternative message is that Islam is a brutal, backward, woman abusing, violent, intellectually narrow ideology that is out to annihilate civilization.

Which side is right? How do we resolve this issue? Can it even be resolved? If we turn to the “experts” of any of the opinions, they will tell you that their view is correct. What then is the ultimate authority that will give us a firm foundation for reasoning and judgment about Islam? Is it possible to use critical thought or must we just accept the authority of experts? There is way to achieve consensus about ideas that goes beyond expert opinion. The use of facts along with logic is the basis of critical thought. The ultimate form of critical thought uses measurements and numbers to resolve questions. This paper will use the foundational texts of Islam and measure the importance of ideas by how many words are given to concepts. The assumption is that the more content that is devoted to a subject, the greater the importance of the subject is. As an example: the Koran devotes 64% of its text to the subject of the unbeliever. This is assumed to imply that the unbeliever is important in Islamic doctrine.
cont....................
/ex]
www.politicalislam.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Violence is culturally accepted by many Muslims which is why it persists. Christian cultures in the past have also been violent toward opposing Christian branches but in time it became socially unacceptable and therefore disappeared. As long as violence among Muslims remains culturally acceptable they will remain violent.

And what gives you the right to make a statement like that?

p.s. I'm a Muslim and I just wanted to know what my religion is "really" like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-2-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

Its a fact
thats what gives him the right. He is reffering of course to extremists, not your run of the mill everyday Muslim

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by trumpetthief1
Right on man, I'm from a Muslim family as well and have read (and memorized parts of the Quran) in native arabic many times. The main pillars are to read namaz, read quran, to do hajj, to give salat, and believing in one god. Since those are the five basics they are thus the most important parts of it.

I'm a girl, bud. In my household that was stressed but more-so just to be a good person. You wouldn't believe how many "muslims" I've seen who follow these pillars but who are nasty people.

During Ramadan, it was horrible working with this one "Muslim" who would always yell, "Don't bother me - I'm fasting! I'm being so religious!" Honestly, dude, we don't care.

At the end of the day, no matter how perfect something is, selfish people will always find a way to benefit themselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I really don't care which religion this barbarism was carried out in the name of.

I will let my sig speak on this issue.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Extremists are violent. Do not blame the entire religion for one sect's violence. It would be like naming Catholicism cannibals because some still believe in transubstantiation or naming Christians violent because of the crusades. I do NOT promote the Islamic religion but I do know some peaceful Muslims and therefore feel lead to defend them. Not all Muslims practice jihad. Not all Catholics believe in transubstantiation. Not all Christians took part in the crusades.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join