It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is a Violent Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

All religion is evil.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi All
in respond to your idea about Islamic religion. I do not think that any religion for that matter is or has valiance. yes there were wars in different religions in the past and present. some of them for noble causes other not. BUT, It is people who make this valiance not the instruction of religion. or some kind of people try to interpret that this is an order of God.

I think in general we should respect all religions specially in the present time where peace is very hard to maintain and have.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The god of Abraham is violent, as are all the religions that worship him. Islam is just the newest, but Christianity had its day too. And don't even get me started on the whole concept of a scapegoat.

Plus, humans are violent. There's no difference between violence for oil, violence to conquer land or violence because you perceive your god or way of life to be better than another.

This thread is dumb.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

The thing is that it isn't Islam. All religions have people fighting over which one is better. It's just that the media reports more on Islam than any other religion.

When was the last time you saw a suicide bomber who wasn't a Muslim? When was the last time someone blowing (or trying to) up an airplane turned out to not be Muslim? The fact is that the followers of Islam are currenlty more prone to committing certain types of autrocities. As long as they figure they'll get there virgin and a lake a of mead for blowing themselves up we will continue to have suicide bombers.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Say it with me, Propaganda. Every religion has extremists that make the entire belief system seem violent. We(mankind) have over the centuries all been guilty of killing off those that disagree with our system of beliefs. There are many things done in the name of God that have nothing to do with God. Blaming God or religion for the acts of a few extremists seems unfair to the ones who are honestly seeking God for who He is and not how we can manipulate God to push our personal or political agendas.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
Say it with me, Propaganda. Every religion has extremists that make the entire belief system seem violent. We(mankind) have over the centuries all been guilty of killing off those that disagree with our system of beliefs. There are many things done in the name of God that have nothing to do with God. Blaming God or religion for the acts of a few extremists seems unfair to the ones who are honestly seeking God for who He is and not how we can manipulate God to push our personal or political agendas.

Why don't you address the topic of the thread - ' is Islam a violent religion'

As is is you are merely stating your grounds for excusing all an any violence done in the name of Islam, condoned by Islam, mandated by Islam.................because at some point in the past people who belonged to other religions committed violence also!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
yeah, and so is christianity. ostracizing and beating or killing gays, bombing/shooting/stabbing abortion clinics and/or it's employees/clients... and just like the christians, the muslims resort to violence to get their point across about the things they passionately hate.

as long as there is religion that brainwashes people into believing certain things are a "sin", there will always be violence among them.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by willie9696

Why don't you address the topic of the thread - ' is Islam a violent religion'

As is is you are merely stating your grounds for excusing all an any violence done in the name of Islam, condoned by Islam, mandated by Islam.................because at some point in the past people who belonged to other religions committed violence also!Ok here we go, no I don't believe Muslims to be violent people, Islam, like any other belief system can be used for personal or political gain. Although I don't agree with Islam people have the right to believe what they want. I wasn't excusing any violence for any reason whatsoever and I think before we jump to conclusions about all Muslims based on the actions of a few we need to pause and realize that atrocities have been committed in the name of Christianity for centuries.

edit on 7-2-2011 by willie9696 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
yeah, and so is christianity. ostracizing and beating or killing gays, bombing/shooting/stabbing abortion clinics and/or it's employees/clients... and just like the christians, the muslims resort to violence to get their point across about the things they passionately hate.

as long as there is religion that brainwashes people into believing certain things are a "sin", there will always be violence among them.
Agreed, 100% right on. The fact that there are extreme christians doesn't make christianity violent. I'm a christian and I don't believe homosexuality to be a sin, abortion is ok(imo) when it comes to rape and sexual abuse. There are no absolutes when it comes to personal conviction. they are just that, personal convictions. We are free to believe what we want, but we need to remember so are others.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The people posting that 'Islam isn't a violent religion because loads of people die in the US penal system each year' need to know the difference between people killing each other for breaking the law or people killing each other in the name of 'God'.

There can be no comparison between the 2 as the US penal system has nothing to do with religion.

Islam has killed thousands in the name of Allah, everyone knows it and so have all the other religions.

However, Most religions today don't allow killing and/or murder. It sickens me that in 2011 theres still a religion out there that thinks murdering another human being is OK, even though theres no proof their god exists.

All religion is bad, brainwashed sheep that want to be in the spiritual click. The world would work alot better without it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not sure which monotheistic religion isn’t “violent”. Try reading the Old Testament.

Stop allowing yourself to be brain washed. “Communism” is dead. The Muslims are the new boogeymen. If youre on ATS then you know that 9/11 was an inside job.

You, like many others, have been programmed to view a crime by a Muslim as a "religious" act instead of a criminal act.

For some reason, “religion” isn’t blamed for the following samples, why not? Because it doesn’t fit the agenda. The only time “religion” is a factor is when it involves “Muslims”. Not poverty, not living conditions, not a lack of economy, not because of constant foreign subversion, its ALL because of the religion.

Scotland tops list of world's most violent countries

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Murders (most recent) by country

edit on 7-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
People just hate islam. Its not your fault youve been brainwashed your whole life.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Originally posted by exile1981
When was the last time someone blowing (or trying to) up an airplane turned out to not be Muslim?

Wasnt sure if you were asking this question seriously on a forum like ATS. If you were being serious, then just wanted to remind you that 9/11 was an inside job...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All religions rely on fear and violence to maintain control. All religions are occultic. Any truly holy believer worships the Lord through actions. Religion serves no purpose to God, only faith does.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

More wars and killings have been committed in the name of Christianity than all other religions put together.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjOsiris
reply to post by Nick_X

More wars and killings have been committed in the name of Christianity than all other religions put together.

Um - are you sure about that? - you don't suppose people might have been misleading you or anything? - I mean its probably a close run thing between Communism, Islam and Catholoicism - but I think Islam has definitely got the edge here, even given their primative technology they seem to have made up for it with plenty of enthusiasm and sheer dedication!

Tears of Jihad

These figures are a rough estimate of the death of non-Muslims by the political act of jihad.

Africa Thomas Sowell [Thomas Sowell, Race and Culture, BasicBooks, 1994, p. 188] estimates that 11 million slaves were shipped across the Atlantic and 14 million were sent to the Islamic nations of North Africa and the Middle East. For every slave captured many others died. Estimates of this collateral damage vary. The renowned missionary David Livingstone estimated that for every slave who reached a plantation, five others were killed in the initial raid or died of illness and privation on the forced march.[Woman’s Presbyterian Board of Missions, David Livingstone, p. 62, 1888] Those who were left behind were the very young, the weak, the sick and the old. These soon died since the main providers had been killed or enslaved. So, for 25 million slaves delivered to the market, we have an estimated death of about 120 million people. Islam ran the wholesale slave trade in Africa. 120 million Africans

Christians

The number of Christians martyred by Islam is 9 million [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-10] . A rough estimate by Raphael Moore in History of Asia Minor is that another 50 million died in wars by jihad. So counting the million African Christians killed in the 20th century we have: 60 million Christians

Hindus

Koenard Elst in Negationism in India gives an estimate of 80 million Hindus killed in the total jihad against India. [Koenard Elst, Negationism in India, Voice of India, New Delhi, 2002, pg. 34.] The country of India today is only half the size of ancient India, due to jihad. The mountains near India are called the Hindu Kush, meaning the “funeral pyre of the Hindus.” 80 million Hindus

Buddhists

Buddhists do not keep up with the history of war. Keep in mind that in jihad only Christians and Jews were allowed to survive as dhimmis (servants to Islam); everyone else had to convert or die. Jihad killed the Buddhists in Turkey, Afghanistan, along the Silk Route, and in India. The total is roughly 10 million. [David B. Barrett, Todd M. Johnson, World Christian Trends AD 30-AD 2200, William Carey Library, 2001, p. 230, table 4-1.] 10 million Buddhists

Jews

Oddly enough there were not enough Jews killed in jihad to significantly affect the totals of the Great Annihilation. The jihad in Arabia was 100 percent effective, but the numbers were in the thousands, not millions. After that, the Jews submitted and became the dhimmis (servants and second class citizens) of Islam and did not have geographic political power.

This gives a rough estimate of 270 million killed by jihad.

www.politicalislam.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
I understand that there is much historical violence with different religions such as Christianity with the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades....but recently, it seems like Islam is taking up the sword and showing the most amount of violence.

Violence in Egypt, Terrorism....and now in this heartbreaking clip, violence against an Islamic Minority!

Majority Islam attacking a Minority Islam!!!

You don't see Catholics beating up 7th Adventists....or Indian Hindus killing Balinese Hindus.....what is it about Islam that makes followers turn to violence to solve problems?

(Warning, very graphic)
(for those of you without the stomach to watch, it basically shows a large group of Muslims screaming "Allah is Great" while severely beating an Ahmadiyya member from their village)

I have to agree, it does seem to be very violent these days, although I can't say that it is any more violent than Christianity, for example. Forget about the Crusades, Inquisition and all other 'golden' years of Christianity - only in the last century, and most of this recently, Christians in America have caused pain and suffering for others. KKK is a Christian organization, is it not? Christians have been violent toward minorities if they didn't agree with their values, there is violence against the homosexuals. Did the Christians burn a doctor's office down in the south or kill a doctor just for doing abortions? (I'm at work, correct me if I'm wrong please.) Wasn't Timothy McVeigh a Catholic? Don't even get me started on pedophilia.

And the thing is, all of this is happening in a country where human rights and values should be the best in the world... aren't we suppose to lead the way for democracy and equality in the world? Now if members of a religion such as Christianity do this on a regular basis in a country such as ours, what kind of things to do think happen elsewhere around the world?

So while I agree with you that, yes, Islam seems to be lead these days by some very violent element, the same could be said of Christianity. And probably other religions.

The fact remains that religion itself is and has always been violent. People have killed in the name of God since God was invented. People have picked sides and insisted that theirs was always the right one for millennia. So I agree with you, OP, that Islam is violent but I cannot with a clear conscience single out just one religion - all religion is violent and misguided, harbors animosity and segregationism, intolerance and injustice, even though it is not suppose to.

The Bible does not tell you to kill others, or burn witches on the cross, torture people for cleansing, kill people because their business practices don't agree with your morals etc... - and neither does the Qu'ran. Nor the Torah, or any other religious text - however, organized religion unfortunately does.

Khar
edit on 7-2-2011 by Kharron because: becuz spellings is hurt my brain

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The Bible does not tell you to kill others, or burn witches on the cross, torture people for cleansing, kill people because their business practices don't agree with your morals etc... - and neither does the Qu'ran. Nor the Torah, or any other religious text - however, organized religion unfortunately does.

Um - yes it does!, hence the reason for all the Islamic violence and the reason for this thread!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Islam is evil and its nothing to do with being racist at all.. its about a bunch of sicko´s that is brainwashed by a sick relegion... they dont follow laws, they follow the law of their relegion.. The Koran is a book of evil and should be burned, every single copy !! Again.. I dont hate the people I hate the relegion.

Stop trying to sweet talk about Islam... its like drinking poison, perhaps you live perhaps you dont

Its the new Nazi

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join