It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hedwig47501

Lol never mind I got it just had a little moment there lol. Yeah it's crazy to see I only told a handful of people I can trust.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hedwig47501
I tracked how long it would take that thing to make it to Indiana I googled mapped it from Texas to Indiana it would take 13 days so this thing was traveling at a decent pace. That is amazing we may have seen the exact same thing. This makes me happy to know I'm not insane and a little frightened I hope it doesn't come back.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I too have seen a pterodactyl so I believe the OP. When I was a kid, my parents and I were driving to the ocean for my birthday and I was looking out the window of the car as kids usually do. As we were driving through a wooded area, I looked up towards the sky and saw a HUGE pterodactyl. I had seen pelicans, herons, eagles etc. and this was NONE of those.I still remember the huge wingspan with the skin wings. It has a black body and the slowest downstroke flap I have ever seen even now. As a private pilot I can say with absolute certainty that the wingspan was around 20-25ft! This was in July in Washington state with tems around 70-75 degrees farenheit. I remember my grandfather always joking about the black stork and how that's probably what i saw. However, this was NOT a stork. I will swear by my story until the day I die. I have never seen one since but it was quite a thrill to see something that most say is extinct. It's good to know I am not the only ones who have seen one.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jrbirdman

I still think most everyone saw a great blue heron. Google search Blue Heron in Flight.

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The Great Blue Heron is what I suspect also.
I live in Michigan and see the GBH quite often.
They are an ominous sight to see in flight.
The neck is verty long but is pulled in close to the body while in flight.

When you live out in the sticks like I do, you see a lot of things that folks in a more populated
area would never know were out there

edit on 12-3-2013 by azureskys because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Exactly right.. they look huge as well if you have never seen one before. They are found basically around water almost anywhere. The first time I saw one flying I was underneath it directly and my first thought was it looked pre-historic. They look like Pterodactyls in flight.

The person who posted they saw one with a 25 ft wingspan.. Pterodactyls were not that big. The myth of the Thunderbird is what you may have supposedly seen.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

Wouldn't this be interesting. I do remember someone made a flying teridactyl bird to reproduce their flight. The thing looked just like one and flapped it's wings. It was a pretty good immitation and flew very well. This seems like something I saw on a show in the last ten years or so.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by blocula

has anyone seen this video?

This seems to be a toy. Look to the body shape, it's to erect, it isn't seem even to be flapping, if it was a real animal, we could barely see it due to the movement and cameras tend to # up moving images.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have not read past the 2nd page, so forgive me if this was stated already.

I was watching Wargames (Global Thermonuclear War) the other day on Netflix. (Wow 150 baud modems!)

The computer guy that designed the WOPR computer had made himslf disappear (killed himself off to the world, but stayed alive in seclusion.)

Anyway, when the boy and girl went to try to find him, he was flying a remote controled bird that looked exactly like the Dino bird you are referring to.

Perhaps this is what was seen by the OP?

-E2

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Hmm... not sure at all about that picture. It does not look right for some reason. I went to Youtube to watch the video and found this video which is semi compelling. I have no idea what bird this could be.. and the noise/call it makes is very odd.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The thing that confuses me with bats and reptiles is the weather you described, those species are warm blooded and dont live in the cold. They wouldnt survive.
Just an observation

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

I'm not well talented in the world of photoshop or cgi's
but what I thought was interesting about the pic was the branches
of the tree seem to be in front of the bird.

I believe in the possibility of creatures existing in
remote places where man seldom steps.I also think
most people do know what they are seeing they may not know what it is
but they know what it isn't,does that make sense?excluding the frauds
of course!
I'm open to the possibility of it existing if there is one thing I've learned
in all my years living is never to discount the impossible.
Who know for sure but I won't believe it fully until I see
with my own eyes,lets face it the world gets stranger everyday...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I seen something similar in Lincoln County, Oklahoma. I was riding with a friend on Hwy 177 when this giant pterodactyl like bird ( big as a full size truck) flew across the highway. The first thing I thought was dinosaur because I have never seen anything like it. The wings were so huge, somewhat bat like, and it had a long beak similar to a pelican, but pointy. It was grayish in color and just gliding along about 40 feet above us. Since we were moving so fast on the highway, the bird must have been gliding along pretty fast too because when I turned around to look again it was gone. If my friend hadn't seen this I would be considered crazy! This has always mystified me and I'm glad to see there are other sightings. It doesnt seem to bother anyone, but its just freaky seeing it and trying to explain it. I wish I would have had a cell phone to record it. This was about 2010 when we seen it. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it? This was between Shawnee and Jacktown.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

yes they do. they hibernate.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

I saw me one just the other week. I thought to myself my god look how long it takes to flap them wings through one cycle. I tried to get a pic with my Iphone while I was driving but to no avail.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well it's so obviously a pterosaur; another one. All the flying men, dragons, firebirds, thunderbirds, and mothmen ever seen have all been types of pterosaur. They fit perfectly in size and description - like a man with huge leathery wings that often possess bioluminesence.

I really hope that more people here write down their observations, because most people don't accept that such creatures could possibly live without being noticed, but I know for sure it's absolutely possible for large animals to live without being observed, even in semi-remote places.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
well i was up this morning drinking my coffee catching up on game of thrones and went to efill my cup looked outside and theres a giant bird flying outside watched it for 2-3 mins befor it flew off so i googled giant birds in michigan and found this it looked like the dino pick i sware to god but it had some feathes where the wings meet the body crazyiest # i ever saw i live in flint michigan 48507 its a city no near by habbitat so i dunno am i crazy

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i just read a bit more of what u guys wrote..... i noticed it didnt flap its wings not once it soared like a pelican but thats not what it was i used to work in the gulf of mexico so i know a pelican when i see one if the thing comes back i will get hd video of it i got a buddy bring a cam over and we ganna see if we can find this thing while its in the area

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Back in '67 I was walking in the mountains out west in Penticton, British Columbia. I had a few beer in me so this might not be completely accurate, but

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I feel crazy, I know its absolutly insane but I have seen something similar some days ago. It wasnt big , it was like that Rhamphorhynchoidea pterosaur, it was like a little dragon, i cant believe it yet. I cant tell to my self that it was a bird or a bat

i84.servimg.com...
I saw that tail, I couldnt found an animal with that tail but pterosaurs...Wings were like flyin squirrels wings but without hair.

I hallucinated its the only logic reason but that make me feel fear.

The worst thing is that it looked like a dragon more than a pterosaur...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join