It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I know it sounds crazy, but here's my story. Saturday Feb 05, 2011 at approx: 5:30p.m. I saw what looked to me to be a pterodactyl. I was driving my car and was stopped at a light waiting to turn on the highway when this "bird" flew in front of my windshield. This happened in Michigan and it is extremely cold out due to the recent blizzards. I said "Oh my god I almost hit a freakin pterodactyl" I looked at the SUV next to me, to see if the people were shocked looking (they weren't).....and I continued to turn onto the highway.
The "bird" was big....about as long as my wind shield (beak to tail)....it had big wings, but was not flapping them.....it was more of a coast by my windshield. Very Close to my car!!!! The "bird" had no feathers...the skin looked like a bat kinda looks with bones and skin. It was a blueish/green color. Kinda like a dark aqua/tealish color. I would think that im losing my mind, except my 10 year old daughter was in my back seat, and she saw it too. I said to her "did you see that giant bird?" and her reply was "Birds have feathers that was a reptile".
Anyways, we came home and she drew a picture of it....if I can figure out how to put in on here I will. I have been searching the internet for types of Michigan birds and the closest thing I could find was a picture of a blue huron. The only problem with that is I did not see feathers on my "bird", and the websites say that the blue huron is usually found in the summer in Michigan.....not in the middle of winter (by a highway).

Any ideas on what the heck I saw???

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wow thats an amazing eyewitness account, to see it so upclose, and and to have your daughters reaction aswell. I think you have great confirmation! Yes please post your daughters drawing we'd love to see it

Here are a few photos of pterodactyl sightings...are any of these similiar to what you saw?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/816631d855e6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d6d1fef01d2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-2-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I am not sure how to add a picture, but this is my guess

edit on 6/2/2011 by Sauron because: changed image tags to view complete image

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sorry the picture is huge. I do not know what I am doing. I uploaded it to my media page, but I am not sure how to re-size.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

the skin looked like a bat
My bet is it was a bat...they can get really huge, a lot bigger than you might think.

I have seen bigger than that too. Where exactly (exact as you want to be) do you live?

reply to post by laterallateral

You should be banned, that post was totally uncalled for.

edit on 6-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

the skin looked like a bat
My bet is it was a bat...they can get really huge, a lot bigger than you might think.

I have seen bigger than that too. Where exactly (exact as you want to be) do you live?

edit on 6-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I, too, was thinking bat , but the OP stated that it wasnt flapping its wings, but gliding. If I'm not mistaken, bats flap their wings continuously.

I saw a few pictures of possible pterodactyls recently, let me see if I can find it for the OP to compare.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Holland, Michigan....and I thought about it being a bat, but the neck seemed long. Thanks for the picture, I really didn't know that bats could be that big.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The bottom picture looks more like what I saw. It was really weird because it was flying (gliding) so low. I drive a small little car, and it was right in front of my wind shield.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

This maybe?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43e83c61aced.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's a really cool picture. I have never seen a bat that BIG!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yes, however I do not remember seeing a large thing on the "bird's head"......and my daughter did not draw that part. It looked similar to this, but no bump on the head

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleetwood70
That's a really cool picture. I have never seen a bat that BIG!

Hahahaha that is what I was thinking. If that thing was flying in front of my car...I would freak out!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I think it's batman in real life.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Ok so it did not have a crest - but did it have a long beak? Or was it a shorter beak? It could be an unknown large bird/lizard like animal.

There were sightings in Georgia (i think) a few months back of somebody swaring there was a pterodactyl down there while they were out in the back of their house smoking a ciggarette and some large bird like creature flew overhead and it happened several times. I remember them saying they saw veins in its wings. I will see if I can find the thread for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Your not nuts in Lithuania in 1998 two flying lizard like creatures winged their way over the car I was in,I thought I was nuts but checked on the net and others have seen them too-perhaps we were both in some close parallel dimension temporarily.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshint

I think it's batman in real life.

I wish. I could really use a super hero right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The beak was long. The whole thing looked stretched the length of my wind shield. Looking forward to reading the info you are trying to find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join