It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by blocula

Perhaps the oceanic environment is more conservative than land environments. "Water world" might not force life to adapt so differently over time. Even dolphins and fish converge in their basic body shape, despite their vastly different genotypes. Again, I am no biologist but it is an interesting question.

As for the ghost thing, well, I find politicians scarier than ghosts any day!
Especially the politicians who say what they think we want to hear...Ooops,i almost forgot...Thats all of them...

Theres been sightings of prehistoric looking monster birds just a few miles down the street from where i live here in Mass. within the infamous Bridgewater Traingle and its been called the most haunted area on earth.The town i live in is actually inside one of its outer edges > www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...
edit on 23-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Again, no evolutionary biologist am I, but "primitive looking" has no biological reality to it. There is no clade called "primitive." A clade is defined by specific traits, not by something broad like that. Primitive flying reptiles looked a lot like modern birds in many cases, with feathers, as we have discovered lately. I also doubt that birds would remain the same over millions of years. Even oceanic creatures like sharks and mollusks have changed even while admittedly keeping certain basic structures suited to life in the ocean.

Animals are constrained by their forms and adaptations (or spandrels if you prefer). Air and sea animals might be more constrained than land ones, but still a modern surviving pterodactyl would not look like something from out of Land of the Lost (even the childhood actors in that show have probably grown up, married, divorced, married again, divorced...).

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When you say beak to tail
need more details on the beak .. was it long and sharp ?

if it wasnt long at all then you probably saw
mommy dragon
Real Dragon Found

it wasnt that big when you compared it with your windshield
cannot be a dragon the size of Draco
if your eyes didnt deceive you
then you probably witness the sight of a new dragon species
like a Raptor with wings

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I would love this to be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by worriedskeptic

I would hope any surviving pter's would have evolved in to something else right now. Maybe bigger and badder!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

I agree, I think they saw a pterodactyl as well because about three weeks ago I saw a huge soaring something with translucent wings block out the moon and i could see moonlight coming through its wings. It didnt flap its wings and it was about 200 feet up with a huge wingspan around 15-20 ft. I tried to track it with a 2million spot light i had but it was gone in the blink of an eye and the light hit nothing. What I saw was a muddy green brown color, it wasnt a teal blue/green like they described. We have big bats down here in TX as well but they flutter, this thing just flew like a glider.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
paleo.cc...

"The record states that in France, some workmen, in the winter of 1856, while working on a railway tunnel between St. Dizey and the Nancy lines, came across a huge boulder of Jurassic Limestone, which precedes the Cretaceous by several million years. After they had broken open the limestone, stumbling out of the tunnel toward them was a creature which fluttered its wings, croaked, and collapsed dead at their feet. This creature had a wingspan of ten feet, seven inches, with four legs joined by a membrane like a bat. What should have been feet were long talons. The mouth was arrayed with sharp teeth. The skin was black, oily, and thick. Local students of paleontology immediately identified this creature as being a pterodactyl. This was all reported in The Illustrated London News, February 9, 1856, page 156. They examined the limestone from which the creature had been released and found a cavity in the exact mold of the creatures body. It this is true, it is absolutely impossible for that creature to have lived more than a few thousand years in any form of hibernation...The worldwide, biblical Noahic flood explains this phenomena far better than the evolutionary process.1

Astute readers will readily recognize the inherent absurdities in this account. While Baugh says the creature could not live inside the rock more than a few thousand years, his own interpretation requires that it be remain buried alive since Noah's Flood--over four thousand years by his own time reckoning.2 How it managed to live and breath without any oxygen (hibernating or not) for a time span orders of magnitude greater than any creature's normal life span, Baugh does not say, or evidently expect us to question. Of course, common sense dictates that the creature could not live inside a sealed rock for thousands of years, or hundreds of years, or even one hour for that matter.3

hoaxs and what not. Some reports may be real who knows. But interesting story you have there non the less.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Text Red Hello everyone i'm in Indiana and I am not sure what I had seen. It was dark and windy the temp was fairly warm for being January it was January the 19th 20013 and about 8;30 pm I was sitting on my back porch smoking a cigarette gazing at the moon and stars. I had seen something bolt up towards the moon. I wasn't sure what it was at all then something terrifying happens it opened it's wing's the wingspan was the size of a small plane the detail of the wing was so clear due to the moonlight it appeared to be a bat wing. I could see the veins and membranes it was enormous I couldn't see the rest of the creature I could tell that it's coloration was def brown. Well I flipped out dropped the cigarette and ran inside my husband was siting on the couch playing Xbox at first I couldn't quite get out what it was. "It's a Thunderbird don't' go outside I seen it, It's real." I called up two people who wouldn't think I was crazy. I told them what I had seen they just seemed like ok. After my phone calls I walked back downstairs after crying hysterically. My husband was still sitting on the couch I looked at him. "I didn't see a Thunderbird it was a pterosaur please for the love of God don't go outside and please believe me I haven't lost my mind." My husband respected my wishes and did not go outside that night. I don't know what it was I won't go outside at night alone. I bought a camera to take pics if I can stand witnessing it again. This was real no hallucination or trick of the mind I can't tell people about it. I don't want them to think I'm insane. I do have quite an imagination though it helps with my writing, but it's nothing like this I couldn't let my fantasy bleed into reality.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh almost forgot the second that thing flapped it's wings graceful like a bird not frantic like a bat I booked it. I think it had a hunting behavior too it circling like a vulture.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hedwig47501

There are some pretty big turkey vultures around here. Some big Canadian geese once in a while also, I think they are eating those mutated huge fish that are in Canada that I read about. I guess the chemicals they were putting down the drain at a research lab was causing a problem with the fish. Problem corrected now I guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lol I will go with that it shoulf put my mind at ease it is kinda like that texas sightin though

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

i was waiting for someone to make a World of Warcraft refrence.

there is always a new species being discovered around the world, due to the world not being explored enough. so i am sure there are plenty of other species that we have been around hundreds or even millions of years. reminds me of the episode of SUpernatural where they have to go back in time to kill a phoenix.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Every time I see a Heron I swear it is a Pterodactyl. They look huge in flight.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

it was either swamp gas or a weather balloon,
especially since all dinosaurs, ALL OF THEM were extinct a long long time ago in a kingdom far far away.
and those natives in n. and s. america who have legends of dragons or beast reminiscent of DINO were just experiencing a case of group hallucinations, of extinct animals...is anyone buying this, i hope so.

i was never here!~

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jade2010

I am not sure how to add a picture, but this is my guess

edit on 6/2/2011 by Sauron because: changed image tags to view complete image

Honestly.. I thought I saw one as well when I was about 14. In reality I was seeing a Blue Heron in flight. If you looked a pictures of them flying I am sure you can see the resemblance. The fact your daughter drew the picture and the object in the picture is colored blue tends to lead me to think it was just a blue heron. They are really big birds to be honest and prehistoric looking as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jade2010
Holland, Michigan....and I thought about it being a bat, but the neck seemed long. Thanks for the picture, I really didn't know that bats could be that big.

I used to live in Holland, mi! Got out right before the housing market tanked.

I don't know what you saw but reports of people seeing thunder birds or pterodactyls are usually in an area from Texas spreading west towards the southwest.

I remember seeing lots of creepy looking vultures in Michigan. Maybe you saw one that was moulting...they are pretty archaic looking as it is, and the time of year is right because the feed off all of the summer road kills.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hedwig47501
Text Red Hello everyone i'm in Indiana and I am not sure what I had seen. It was dark and windy the temp was fairly warm for being January it was January the 19th 20013 and about 8;30 pm I was sitting on my back porch smoking a cigarette gazing at the moon and stars. I had seen something bolt up towards the moon. I wasn't sure what it was at all then something terrifying happens it opened it's wing's the wingspan was the size of a small plane the detail of the wing was so clear due to the moonlight it appeared to be a bat wing. I could see the veins and membranes it was enormous I couldn't see the rest of the creature I could tell that it's coloration was def brown. Well I flipped out dropped the cigarette and ran inside my husband was siting on the couch playing Xbox at first I couldn't quite get out what it was. "It's a Thunderbird don't' go outside I seen it, It's real." I called up two people who wouldn't think I was crazy. I told them what I had seen they just seemed like ok. After my phone calls I walked back downstairs after crying hysterically. My husband was still sitting on the couch I looked at him. "I didn't see a Thunderbird it was a pterosaur please for the love of God don't go outside and please believe me I haven't lost my mind." My husband respected my wishes and did not go outside that night. I don't know what it was I won't go outside at night alone. I bought a camera to take pics if I can stand witnessing it again. This was real no hallucination or trick of the mind I can't tell people about it. I don't want them to think I'm insane. I do have quite an imagination though it helps with my writing, but it's nothing like this I couldn't let my fantasy bleed into reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kriss71

Sounds very similiar to what I saw on Jan 10, 2013 @ 9:35pm...i remember the moon silouetting the wings as being translucent and veined like a bats as well. No fluttering and no flapping; this thing just glided.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kriss71

Where are you located?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

has anyone seen this video?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join