It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

White vans.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Mine is Honeycombs (not the cereal, the actual things that bees build) . Everytime i see one, my body breaks out into goosebumps and i start freaking out. Actually, anything that merely resembles that pattern freaks me out too

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Daddy-long-legs or cranefly. Can't even bear a picture of one.

I would KILL if I was taunted to much by one of these. I don't mean the beastie, I mean the person dangling it in my face. Not kidding.

I'm surprised I've never heard of a court case involving similar. I wonder if the killer would get off by pleading temporary insanity? If I was locked in the bathroom with a couple of these I'd make a wigit shaped hole in the brick wall.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Deer. For some reason, I do not trust them. They stare with dead eyes silently watching from the darkness on the side of a stretch of lonely road.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
dolphins
2nd line

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evaux
Holes.
Not just any holes, though. For example if someone digs a hole in the dirt, that doesn't bother me.
It's more like holes that seem to remind me of a skin condition or something. They make me feel uncomfortable, and sometimes actually make me psychically itch.
Lotus pods and wasps nests are especially bad triggers for me.

Oh! And once on Animal Planet I saw a segment about this certain kind of frog or toad that hatches it's eggs under the skin on it's back. When the eggs hatch, that babies wiggle out through holes in the mother's back. I couldn't shake that image for weeks. I'm still paranoid that every time I switch it to Animal Planet that I'll see it again! lol
edit on 4-2-2011 by Evaux because: The icky frog!

Wow... Same here. Anything with a lot of holes in one area just makes my skin itch. The pods and nests really do it for me as well. I developed this "phobia" (don't know what else to call it... I'm not necessarily afraid, it just makes me real uncomfortable. Just thinking about it makes me itch! ) back in high school. I remember someone forwarded me an e-mail stating that some sort of crazy Amazon insect/spider/beetle (can't remember) borrowed into a woman's nipple and laid eggs... There was a close up picture of this nipple, which literally looked like a miniature wasps nest! ugh!

Come to find out it was fake. But I still can't shake that image, and anything resembling it. Even a lot of holes in a wall next to each other make me shiver lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Shouting. Directed at me. I know it isn't usually pleasant for anyone to be shouted at but the feelings I get when I am being shouted at are just... unbelievable rage and utmost upset simultaneously. Like I want to curl up and cry, run away and hide, and shout straight back all at once. It really disturbs me and I find myself having no idea what to do in the situation. I can't really explain it any better. It seems to make me divert to feelings of being a little kid, when you used to get shouted at by parents or teachers.

Skeletons. I can't even look at them, one time in a biology class in high school they wheeled out this skeleton on a stand that was from a real person and I couldn't even look, I had to go to the back of the room and felt like crying haha. Especially if it's a skull with eyes.

The whole mirror thing at night I share too, I get this uncontrollable urge to both look and not look, I know if I do look there will be nothing there but I feel I have to look to make sure. And windows at night, either looking out my own or into others.
To be honest, the dark in general. I seem to go through phases of being afraid and not being afraid. I find myself constantly looking around me and behind me when I'm in the dark alone 'cause I feel someone is watching me.

I think that's it...oh, aliens. The thought of aliens or seeing an alien or UFO, it just terrifies me. I love reading about them and looking up peoples stories and photos of sightings etc and watching films, but if anything actually happened to me personally I'd freak.

I think that's it for now! I haven't really got any weird ones, those are all pretty common I would say, apart from the shouting thing, I find that hard to describe.

Oh also, Paulos, I see you're from Newcastle, England? Newcastle upon Tyne? Me too!

OH GOD MARS ATTACKS. HOW DID I FORGET MARS ATTACKS

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to create an account after reading this thread.

I've a strange phobia which I've only ever shared with one other person, they thought it was hilarious and I suppose it is, but it's still very real.

I can't seem to turn my back on a flushing toilet, ever since I was a kid I've had this fear. It's as though I believe something will come up through the toilet and do something to me. Even now (I'm 31 years old) I shudder when leaving the bathroom, and if I'm completely honest I'll often stand with my back to the wall and watch the toilet until it has stopped flushing completely.

I did once have a dream that a tiny dinosaur (think it was a triceratops...but really small) came up and bit me on the backside. In the dream, after being bitten I then became ill and later turned into a miniature dinosaur, I then bit my dad and he also turned into one - this dream is not the reason why I have this fear as I had the fear long before I had the dream.

The noise is a big part of it and it literally sends shivers up my spine, I get the sudden urge to run as if something awful is coming up behind me, yes it's funny but pretty odd, just thought I'd share.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have some.

For as long as I can remember i've been scared of wide eyes, people staring at me with wide eyes. My sister used to do it cause she knew I hated it, it used to make me cry.

A strange one. I find it very difficult to remain calm when walking alone down a road and hearing the sound of a car passing by, coming up from behind me. It's okay if it's infront of me passsing by and I can see it, but when its passing from behind and I cannot see it, I get scared.

You know when you try and play an old game. Sometimes they mess up and freeze? That. For some reason that scares the crap outta me. And whats worse is sometimes this happens... when the character or what ever your playing as will just fall out of the game?!? they just fall into nothingness. For some reason when things like that happen I feel pyhsically sick. I tend to not play old games anymore.

I hate sheds and outhouses. Anything not connected to your actual house. I always think scary homeless murderers will be in them.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There's something about anything mottled that just flips. My. Sh*t. I literally can't even handle it; people with weird mutations or distortions of the skin like bad, fresh burns, multiple bites, cuts or sores concentrated in one area, numerous depressions in bits of play-doh, bubbling rice as it boils, spider egg-sacks [the film Arachnophobia just screwed me up, when they showed that bloody ENORMOUS egg-sack pulsating, throbbing, quivering
, just...NO.], things rotting or fermenting when they get fuzzy and bumpy-looking [like my tea when I leave it out my travel mug too long
] anything bubbling or mottled, I break out in gooseflesh and it makes me want to claw all my skin of my body, that happens even thinking about it a lot.

Spiders are less of a fear and more of just a fiery, burning hatred. Can't stand the little buggers. Ladybugs up close unnerve me. KEEP COCKROACHES THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, I HAD ENOUGH OF THAT BULL SH*T IN NIGERIA.

The dark, which ranges from "what the hell ever", to "hasten, hasten," to *running screaming towards the nearest source of light*. Dark water as well, you're luck if you can get me in water much higher than my neck in any place else but a pool, but swamps or dirty creeks? LOL, Nope. And the SEA after dark??? You could not pay me all the money in the ENTIRE WORLD to get me in the ocean after dark, the thought of not being able to see what swimming about around my legs is TERRIFYING
and I wouldn't do it even under threat of death.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Seriously, David Wilcock. I'm not sure why but whenever I see an article by him or a lecture, I just can't read or watch for long because for whatever reason, he really gives me that heebie jeebie feeling.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I can't get into a bath if the water is still - if the tap is running and there are bubbles I can get in no problem. Same with swimming pools - if there's nobody in the pool and the water is still I won't get in - it scares me silly!

If I stay at someone's house and need to get up during the night to use the toilet - I won't put the light on in the bathroom, I will crawl along the floor (so I don't look into the bath) to the toilet and when I get there I will reach into the bath to check that there's no water! If there's no water I'll use the toilet no probs. If there's water (if someone has not emptied the bath), I'll pull the plug, close my eyes and curl in a ball until I can hear the water has drained away!

If a bath is empty and the plug has been left in - it scares me. I have to pull the plug out and wrap the chain round the taps after checking that they are tightly closed! I feel that the taps are going to come on themselves and the bath will start filling up with water!

I don't know where this fear comes from and my family and friends think it's very funny! In a way I do too as I know there's nothing to fear!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mirrors. Mirrors are creepy. AND NO ... not because of what I see reflected back.
It's just strange and creepy to me. I can't sleep in a room with a mirror unless I cover it over with a big towel or something. Strange .. I know ...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A mirror in a totally dark room (even if it's a small bathroom.) OhMyGawd, this terrifies me.

Clowns and pictures (especially old portraits) of -clowns- .

Antique porcelain dolls. (Ew!)

Antiques in general.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Believe it or not.. i hated jewellery since i was like 8. I feel disgusted to wear them. I feel disgusted when i see people wearing rings on their index or pinky fingers. i can tolerate most of them, but rings just get to me... i don't know how i am gonna go thru with married life .. lol..
edit on 12/21/2011 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The vegetable Okra. It's a slimy green pod, just like in Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. I keep thinking a tiny dog with a man's head, is going to emerge from an Okra when I look at one.

Ick ick ick ick ick ick.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Both Bush Sr, Bush Jr., Henry Kissinger and Queen Elizabeth II.

Can't stand to be in the same room if any of them are on the TV.

Can't stand to see a picture of them.

I've been able to see aura's fairly easily since I can remember but I can't see one for any of the four above mentioned people.

Just seeing them on TV or a picture of them makes my skin crawl.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathoryn

That's just...so wrong, on so many levels! and may I add: TMI!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Every time I hear certain songs from the sixties, I start feeling strange and sometimes think about jungle war time fighting but that seems strange because I was born in the sixties. I had some strange desire all my life to avoid joining the military but I enjoyed a lot of combat war movies. I've killed countless people in my dreams in wars in different time periods. I've had many dreams where I was in the military fighting in one war or another using weapons I don't recall ever seeing close up in real life. So when I hear one or two songs in particular I feel strange.

The only time I remember feeling a bit afraid was when I imagined I saw death and decided I did not want to go yet. I was inside a house and could not see outside. I was trying to sleep. Turned out a big tornado went right above the house chopping down everything above the house and on the other end of our house. However our house was spared, no damage at all. I did feel slightly spooked when something opened up the door for me the second and third times within a matter of minutes but at no other time that I saw. Even if there is a ghost living with me, that doesn't spook me at all. I have unintentionally spooked a few other people without trying.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For me it is Ventriloquist's Dummies! I had a dream when I was around 10 where I was sitting at a lunch counter in a creepy old diner with an older female friend and we were just talking and suddenly there was this very loud siren sound, like from a police car or ambulance and suddenly my friend instantly turned from flesh and blood to a wooden ventriloquists dummy; As i start to scream in horror, I notice that I too have turned to wood and then I woke up. Although I have never totally forgotten that dream it all comes back to me and I am filled with that same feeling of horror and terror whenever I see a ventriloquist's dummy, whether it is just a photograph or part of the plot of a movie or TV show....EEEEKKK!!!

Oh, Also the sound of a fire truck, or police car siren late at night...gives me chills.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join