It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Why people insist on including annoying techno music in these videos is beyond me.

Anyways
Youtube
check out this trailer and focus your attention to the part with blue dude (cant remember his name). Notice the scene where hes in the hallway and dissapears? This light (obviously cg) also is reflected by all objects, including the glass picture frame.

Does this mean the light was really there? no

So your basis that cgi light CAN'T reflect on real objects is moot, since this can clearly be done and proven here.

Now, sure there would be a budget difference (aka the vfx people for watchmen had millions of dollars to work with, but access to software is the same, can easily be downloaded for free), but we are also talking about the difference in complexity as well, one is a detailed cgi char, while the other is just a orb

Regardless, I have shown evidence to debunk your claims, regarding how a cgi light can / cannot interact with a real environment

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

There appears to be reflective surfaces not visible (or barely) before the flash, that are visible during the flash, or are magnitudes brighter than the increases seen on other bright areas. The two frames above both received the same amount of increased brightness/contrast, in an attempt to see if histogram tweaking could reveal something in the dark that could have been enhanced -- in those highlight spots (via the green circles), there appears to be no light on those objects before the flash.

Since you edited your post and inserted or barely I feel I must point out the contraction in what you have written. If the surfaces are barely visible before the flash there must have been light on them no?

edit on 8-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
real or hoax? it changes nothing, only in your minds or in your arguments, or however you choose to perceive it?

I personally see the Thunderbird as a sign of more interesting things to come whether you believe it or not

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams

Anyways
Youtube
check out this trailer and focus your attention to the part with blue dude (cant remember his name). Notice the scene where hes in the hallway and dissapears? This light (obviously cg) also is reflected by all objects, including the glass picture frame.

Does this mean the light was really there?

Yes it does in this instance.

I'm not saying you're wrong about CGI lights being a relatively simple and common procedure in Movies.
But in this particular instance the Actor playing Dr Manhattan was wearing an LED light suit during filming with the CGI version of him composited over.
They did of course enhance the lighting and add more effects to it. But yes, it was really there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I feel kinda silly for not realizing this earlier, maybe it is something, maybe it is nothing. The 1st video the one posted by eligael, we haven't been analyzing the unedited version. The second version was converted to 720p. Does this make any sort of difference in analysis? Also the edited version is shorter, and cuts out the beginning where you can again see the building labeled as mirrored, and again it only "warps/distorts" during rapid movement.

Unedited 1st video

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
If the surfaces are barely visible before the flash there must have been light on them no?

From what I can tell... in the few places where nothing is visible until curves are tweaked, the resulting change in the amplitude of light is inconsistent (brighter) than other bright objects that experienced an amplitude increase... possibly eliminating the use of a simple overlay.

But let me clarify to avoid confusion -- I don't think the fourth video, as good as I think it is, represents a real UFO over the temple. I've merely attempted to apply an unbiased eye (experienced in video/photo/3D work) to the best-looking of the four videos. However, the probability that we have an astounding object over such a structure is very low -- especially given the distinct lack of first-person accounts at the scene when it happened.

The probability that the fourth video was fabricated is very high -- my efforts are to point out subtleties in the video that make it a quality fabrication so that, in the future, we pay attention to all the details.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hotel Inbal's FaceBook claims they have a shot of the UFO from their livecam

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

From what I can tell... in the few places where nothing is visible until curves are tweaked, the resulting change in the amplitude of light is inconsistent (brighter) than other bright objects that experienced an amplitude increase... possibly eliminating the use of a simple overlay.

Could you please point out what specific areas you're referring to?

The probability that the fourth video was fabricated is very high -- my efforts are to point out subtleties in the video that make it a quality fabrication so that, in the future, we pay attention to all the details.

That we must do

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

here's the hotel's live cam that they're talking about:
www.inbalhotel.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by penttbom

Yes, but they are saying they have a still shot of the "UFO"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

bubble burst, that video is form 5onfit, not from the hotels cam nice try, look again the searching has turned up nothing new, just the same videos with different names now if there was a different angle or distance then ???

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Kali74

bubble burst, that video is form 5onfit, not from the hotels cam nice try, look again the searching has turned up nothing new, just the same videos with different names now if there was a different angle or distance then ???

No bubble burst, they just have a link up with israeli news coverage, after that they state that they have a still form their livecam and to watch the site.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is a day time photo from the hotels webcam shortly after the 'event'.

The hotel are posing as a fun idea that these three 'yellow' visitors to Jerusalem are going to the hotel itself because it is so good

The aspect doesn't even take in the Dome.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

this is a new video. it's a lot closer than any of the others:
www.youtube.com...

i may have missed it if it's already been debunked.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Inbal Hotel says the following, in reply to the article they posted to illustrate:

"It was actually just down the road from us and we've got a still shot from our "Jerusalem live Camera " to prove it! Watch this... SPACE!"

Link

That was five days ago.
Next post on their profile (also feb. 3): "Here are 3 of the "visitors" in yellow, and remember; you saw it here first!", accompanied with this picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31df35b42a96.jpg[/atsimg]

They haven't replied to people asking for their footage yet.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi all
First post, long time lurker though, but after being with thread since the start and reading it all the way through, i finally decided to say my piece.

Firstly, about the facebook link above, dont everyone get excited, theyre taking the mick , as we say in the UK, by circling some people in hi-viz jackets. I dont think their webcam is pointing anywhere near the mound. I could be wrong though.

I will just state my position on the whole debarcle before i go any further.

I'm in the 'hoax' camp sadly. I wish i wasnt, but i am.

1,2,3 just suck.I've got a smattering of video editing experience and quite a lot of audio experience and i see nothing wrong with the solid mirroring evidence and thats chaps audio evidence was compelling when i sat down and fiddled about with it myself.

4 still keeps me interested though, even though, by rights its probably a hoax, im with skepticoverload in thiniking it deserves just a little more investigation, if only to prepare ourselves for newwer better hoaxers.

That hotel webcam got me thinking, i have read the whole thread, but i did skim bits where there was mega quoting around the 60-80 pg mark, anyway, dont know if anyones on it, but what about looking for small and private businesses around the mount and just politely emailing a few of them asking if they or their cameras saw anything?

Just my two cents and thanks for the thread, it was throughly enjoyable, even post debunk has been fun to watch.

oh yeah and has anymore come of the story of one of the hoaxers coming forward?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
reply to post by bekod

They haven't replied to people asking for their footage yet.

Even if its not pointing at the mount, it should show the flashes if they occurred

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jamston

Good point on the Hotel Inbal thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord and I were discussing this earlier this morning on the phone... Video 4 is by far the best of the lot, but, the single, instantly damning thing for ALL of these videos in my mind, is the utter lack of hundreds, if not thousands, of direct witness testimony from the people who were there.

Think about it, this locale could fairly be called the most "sacred" real estate on the planet to millions of the religious faithful in several major religions. It is almost never void of people, and usually there are thousands of them. An event like this would have sparked a huge response from these people and their organizations IMHO.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It was 1:00 A.M.
it was a Sabbath day
it only lasted less than 1 minute
it made no noise
everyone was watching Egypt

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join