It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
you think im overreacting here. Let me just give you a reality check. The proof of UFO existance will be the single most biggest discovery in human history. This statement is UNCONDITIONAL

A discovery of this type would require the most thorough and rigorous assessment unprecedented in human history. It will require the best guys from a number of fields to validate it for all angles, not one left out. When I come to this thread and see the attempt here to take on this mammoth task It makes me want to curl up in a corner and vomit. It is absolutely hideous. If you cant see this then you definitely cant see the white elephant in the room. IT HAS ALREADY EATEN YOU!!

Im off to bed. You get a 7 day cooling off period if you change your mind

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by Kali74

Oh no, it will never convince believers it's a hoax.... replicating the lights near perfectly with nearly ZERO hard work involved just wouldn't prove the lights are fake because all CGI software is capable of adding realistic UFO lights to video with only a few steps...

edit on 8-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Realistic lights is exactly the point, doesn't mean they are fake. What do you think of SkepticOverlord's analysis?

I would also like to know why no one has answered skeptic overlord. His interpretation is along the lines that I am thinking. I still think there is much evidence that is needed to prove or disprove. But debunk, it definitely has not been.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That is just the thing... the lights are NOT realistic. I was being sarcastic. The lights in the UFO video can be replicated near perfectly with a couple steps in Adobe After Effects, and trust me, Adobe After Effects does not just add realistic lights... When it adds a light it just increases the brightness and contrast of existing lights in the video.

The point I was making is that the UFO video has completely fake lights... There is nothing lit up that wasn't lit up... there is no stronger shadows... there is nothing.... it's a simple 3D light added on top of some pixels. It just increased brightness and contrast of pre-existing pixels and pre-existing lighting.

There is no way Adobe After Effects, with just a few clicks, could replicate real lighting. With a few clicks, I was able to replicate the UFO lighting.... That means the lighting is completely fake as well.. and probably made with the same exact process.

...and SkepticOverlords analysis is his opinion. I don't know how much he knows about After Effects and lighting systems within it, but I think his analysis might be lacking in certain areas. I actually made the extra flash video so that SO can compare.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

That is just the thing... the lights are NOT realistic. I was being sarcastic. The lights in the UFO video can be replicated near perfectly with a couple steps in Adobe After Effects, and trust me, Adobe After Effects does not just add realistic lights... When it adds a light it just increases the brightness and contrast of existing lights in the video.

The point I was making is that the UFO video has completely fake lights... There is nothing lit up that wasn't lit up... there is no stronger shadows... there is nothing.... it's a simple 3D light added on top of some pixels. It just increased brightness and contrast of pre-existing pixels and pre-existing lighting.

There is no way Adobe After Effects, with just a few clicks, could replicate real lighting. With a few clicks, I was able to replicate the UFO lighting.... That means the lighting is completely fake as well.. and probably made with the same exact process.

So you still didn't say which set you added, stop ducking around the question mate. Just answer i added the ......
flash of lights. Or you didn't add them, so you don't really know.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Moreover, you are assuming that I'm a blind believer...I'm actually a skeptic, I don't take things at face value and that happens to include debunks. I believe that there is other life out there as well plenty of things that cannot be explained, don't mistake that for believing every *insert phenomena of choice here* story, photo, or video out there. There are elements and points made here that fall on both sides of the fence. Why accept either automatically? I don't think this is a hoax but I wouldn't put my money or life on it, EVERYONE has the capability of being wrong, that includes you and every debunker in this thread, that includes me and every "believer" in this thread. I will keep pointing out why I think it is real, unless I see something that convinces me otherwise.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenCambell
reply to post by mirare

By the way, those youngsters in that video, they must be known by some people. Has nobody identified them yet?

Yuli, Dor, Michael. The 3 of them are 12th graders in Nes Tziona , and go to Ben Gurion High School where they 'major' in Communications.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm off to IDMB.com, Dark Knight Rises boards, for some intelligent discussion.

I'll know which side wins by the fact that there will still be an internet tomorrow.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
One other thing that annoys me is you can't get a straight answer round here. I'm waiting two pages just to find out an answer to my question.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The inability to answer my post is just another blow to you CGI experts, but you all won't see it that way will you.

Alas.... the silence.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

After 143 pages, I don't think ANYone knows what the hell is going on. I don't even know what the general consensus is, anymore. Sounds fake (?)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What question are you talking about?

Maybe I read it but missed it?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Which flash did you add?

I'm sorry for the one liner just trying to get it clear.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Slipdig1 because: sorry for one liner

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I already answered you in your private massage. I will not tell you until more people guess.

This is because when I tell you, people will say "oh I knew it was those 2 all along, it's obvious, harharhar". That will defeat one of the reasons I made the flashes....

It should be obvious which ones they are anyway if you actually have eyes and a brain.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

lol, can you PM me as well..I said it was the last 2 flashes that were fake.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
who cares if they do that it is after the point, everyone knows that. Just state which one or ones you added. I've already given you my thoughts. I also don't think that anyone else is guessing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't know how much he knows about After Effects and lighting systems within it,

I have very-extensive experience in Photoshop, 3D modeling/rendering software, and the Apple video suite (Final Cut & Motion).

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ok, i'll just tell you now.

It was the last two flashes that I added.... It should have been obvious not only because of the timing between the UFO exit, but also because I allowed the flash to extend outside of the videos viewing range on the left and right edges.

I just now uploaded a "tutorial" like video showing how to add a single light in under 4 minutes:

edit on 8-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: exist = exit

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

My eyes are good

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ok. One of the issues I had with your analysis was this quote on the image:

It is my opinion that "simple" video manipulation techniques were used, but "simple" is of course subjective.

If you watch my tutorial above, and look at the similarities in the lighting, I think it's fair to say that the technique is pretty easy to do...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Either that, or you memorize the original. I uploaded the video thinking people would know right away which was which based on timing alone... but when people couldn't tell I thought "hey I should just not say for now which one it is"....

If your eyes were really good, you would see the issues with the original lighting.

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join