It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks, I'm honored.

edit on 2/2/2011 by defcon5 because: removed edited quote

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Sorry, your hubby didn't "wake up" he broke up. It's just the bi-polar thing that is twisting his mind into believing in his predictions and the Jesus BS.

Oh well, another sound mind lost again.

What constitutes sanity in your book?

Have you looked around at everything that is transpiring in the world?

There was a quote in the movie "Con Air" that I thought was brilliant it goes like this. Prisoners were getting transported via the plane.

One prisoner says to another.

Garland Greene: What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

I like how you stated this. It bothers me that seasoned readers get a bunch of flack and just look at the registered dates. This is why I am pretty selective about posting these days and what I read. Not saying all the new people here are bad in anyway at all. Some though smh.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

For some people an awakening is traumatic experience especially when these thoughts are suppressed for so many years due to the conditioning that society bestows upon us. You really should have guided him gently through his experiences instead of telling your family that he was acting crazy with thought. You worried a lot of people for no reason on top of that you put him back in mental prison with drugs. He could have looked at you as crazy for all the years of putting up with your natural thought of conspiracy but he didn't. He accepted you for who you are. The best thing you could have done for him and yourself would have been to quietly go somewhere with him away from your home for a few days and bring him back to a mental state that is accepted in this society of fear. Oh well could of, would of, should of, guess it's too late now. Best of luck to you and your family. I truly hope this ends well for you.

_________Jessica__________

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Rofl all this OP did was reinforce the idea that religion is a symptom of mental disorders. Tthankyou for further proving that sad reality. Believing in fairy tales with no evidence and basing your life choices around them takes a certain amount of crazy and its so revealing that your husband becoming religious all the sudden directly resulted from him becoming mentally ill.

Get off the crazy, stop believing in things with no evidence just cause you "know" or "feel" its true.. or even worse cause you heard a voice in you head like a crazy person. You do him a great disservice "believing" hes had some visions and reinforcing his delusions, the man has already been sent home from work and arrested for peats sake and you don't think he needs help that you and "god" can't provide??
edit on 1-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Two things to never talk about around friends or co-workers.

1) Religion

2) Politics

Watch how the room clears or eyes glaze over, when you talk about either of these topics.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would like you to know that I have been considered bipolar my whole life. Meds are a joke. They don't help they harm. Bipolar is a label that they put on something they don't understand. Our earth is bipolar, our existence is bipolar. The nature of all life is bipolar. The things your husband is experiencing is geniune. This is such a fascinating story and I am so glad you choose to share it. I've lived over 10 years without medication, and my life is wonderful. I am a very, happy, healthy, intelligent and respected person and you would never know that I've spent my whole life time believing that someday I would help the world in the "big change". I said this as a child, never understood it till this week. But I'm doing that right now, and I'm reaching the whole world with my voice, in a way I never dreamed. And people are listening...... I don't know honestly if what you're husband says is true...I certainly hope not. But, keeping him on meds is really unhealthy physically and spiritually for a person....believe me I know. Funny how only people who've never taken bipolar meds, or are currently taking meds are pushing the continued use of them. But those of us who have/did take them in the past will all agree they are no fix. Unipolar people are boring anyways.....lol us bipolar people like to look at things from both sides, instead of just the one. (Just bipolar humor everyone....no one need be offended okay)
In fact, if people truly spoke their minds more, we'd find most people on earth are in fact "bipolar". xoxox

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
It's amusing how quickly humans will medicate anyone who has a different perception of reality than others.

What exactly is "normal" in this universe? People forget that we are flying through space held in orbit by the gravitational pull of a gigantic ball of burning hydrogen and helium. That is as normal as it gets around here, yet it is quite amazing isn't it? Let's stop anchoring these supposed concrete ideas about the nature of this reality and what is or isn't "normal".

What happened to your husband is profound. Instead of ridiculing or medicating him, people should be asking him questions.

exactly, I agree... and some posters are only suggesting one thing and that is to see a doctor. Why not get different opinions and take him also to a spiritual leader of some sort being a Christian priest or a Shaman or what ever belief he is showing interest in or mentioning.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
To advise patients to go off their medication is absolutely, irresponsible, IMHO.

I completely agree with that statement. I can't imagine why people would advise this in a volatile situation - this could or could not be that type of situation, but time has to reveal that. My original reply (before going through the thread) was going to focus on letting the medications have time to build up to the appropriate levels in the bloodstream. I believe (we learned in school but this was a little while ago) that lithium - we learned this was a bipolar disorder drug of choice - takes a while to reach the appropriate bloodstream levels. Even if it's just a basic antidepressant he's on, it usually still takes weeks to take effect. It's not going to be an overnight shift back to his "normal". I'm not saying he's definitely bipolar, but if it isn't, then it can at least be ruled out. And given the fact that the wires in the wall he knocked down were actually bad, it may be a completely different thing than bipolar! I can only imagine this is a scary time for the OP - I'd be shaken if my husband did a 180 on me, even if it was to finally be interested in all my ATS threads I read to him
. Anyway, if it was me, I'd take a wait-and-see stance on everything, as hard as that probably is to do.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Now this i can believe......From all the stories i have heard about abductions aliens SCARE the heck out of me....I have not gone near a thread on aliens on ATS.....Do not even want to read this stuff....The loving energy of what we call God does not....I am pretty open minded but this concept God is a alien does not resonate with me.

When i was a kid and in to teenage yrs before i EVER heard about aliens i was terrified to go out at night and look up at the dark sky filled with stars.......I felt like something was gonna come down and get me.Lol.Always wondered where that came from,because the night sky and stars are Beautiful!!

OP, very interesting story......I am against doctors freely giving out meds,like they are candy, but if a person is really struggling with there awakening it might be the answer for now.Only the person going threw it knows tho.I do know of a gal Karen Bishop that has written books and had her own website that she started in 2000 chronicling her journey of awakening and the hell she went threw getting rid of ALL of this life and past lives old buried negative energy and opening up to the truth.She had a lot of processing and downloading going on..This was needed so she could ascend.....She had visitings from beings on the other side that were spiritual.They told her a lot of info as to what was happening on earth.Any way she had to take a anti depressant, i believe it was 6 yrs? to get threw it all.She weened off successfully a couple yrs ago....So i guess only your husband knows what is in his best interest.I myself was NOT helped by them...I wish you and your family much happiness and love and Starlight in your soul!!
edit on 1-2-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChantelDay
I would like you to know that I have been considered bipolar my whole life. Meds are a joke. They don't help they harm.

not to mention most of them are only placebos... I never had any of these meds myself, I don't like the idea of a psychiatrist because who is 1 to judge when you have the majority of your peers ?

I think these meds alot of people recommend and are taking is just some form of legal acid ! the anti-deps have not been around long enough really to see the long term after effects that they have, we do not know enough about each individual human mind to try to be altering it with chemicals, especially with an all-in-wonder pill.

I bet the OP knows more about her husband than the shrinks do...

edit on 2/1/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't know what happened to your husband, but first thing first, he does not need a Psychiatrist or Psychiatric medication. This will not help anything, even if he has had a mental collapse. He should get off the medication as soon as possible, and safely. Safely meaning, that you have to ween yourself off of the stuff, slowly. Get help with the process, if needed. In every case of a person I know personally who has been on Psychiatric medicine, there isn't much to say about positive results, the results are largely negative. That's the facts.

I do want to hear more of the story. If something has happened to him, like a stroke, I do hope he gets well soon. Did he perhaps stop taking a strong pain medication or other strong medication recently? My dad went off the deep end because of the Fentanyl pain patch, when he quit cold turkey. He got back to normal after a period of time.

Maybe he has had an awakening. Big realizations can be quite destablizing. I felt very destablized when I got the whole picture of a big global conspiracy. It's almost like I couldn't communicate with the rest of the world, with the new reality swirling in my mind. I felt to some degree powerless. I mean I had heard about the conspiracy(s) before, but I hadn't really "got it." It came to me pretty fast, and it seemed the more information I got related to the topic, the more it just made me feel hopeless. It consumed me for a period. It's like, "What the heck am I going to do about this problem?" But things did mellow out, and I've got myself grounded again. I'm able to stand up now and fight the fight.

Maybe everything just hit your husband all at once?

I wish you the best, in any case. If he is ill, I hope he gets well soon. If he is having an awakening, let it turn out positive.

Troy

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Don't worry, the divine powers of Jesus will surely cure him.

I mean, look how many people he cured during the black plague.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As almost everyone else is probably saying,

TAKE HIM OFF THE MEDICATION!

If you really want to see what this whole new behavior is about, you need to let it get to its highest peak. Let him do what he wishes, freely and completely. Go on that vacation. Take him off the medication, allow him to speak in public and express himself fully, and support every single thing that he wishes to do within well reason!

If he his having a spiritual experience, you should learn from what he has to offer and help him get to where he wants to be. Support him.

As you continue to support him in his quest for spiritual enlightenment, ff he isn't having a spiritual experience, you'll be able to see if you think your husband is bipolar or more extreme labels that he might acquire, and see ahead of time before anyone gets physically hurt if you're truly worried for your own safety from your husband.

Ultimately, you are probably the closest to him along with his side of the family. You and your husbands side of the family can diagnose him better than any doctor or anyone else for that matter as far as mental competency goes. As far as I can tell, I can think of no logical reason why one day he goes crazy. Things like that simply don't happen, and my advice is to support him and see exactly how far the rabbit whole goes.

Good luck Ma'am,

switch182

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hi stella. It was posts like yours that initially attracted me to ATS. After learning how critical some folks can be when judging other-worldly experiences (are those violins I hear ?), I began limiting my contributions to the temporal zone, primarily in the Global Meltdown Forum. Thanks for inspiring me to contribute here.

Call them what you will, spiritual experiences, peak experiences, spontaneous awakenings, or simply grace, I believe the feelings associated with these sudden, profound shifts in consciousness can sometimes be misinterpreted by those having no personal frame of reference. By another token, I also believe that we're dealing with powerful energies here, energies that once unleashed, have the potential to spiral into symptoms that the clinician may justifiably diagnose as unhealthy. I'll leave that to the professionals.

I was 27. My first trip down the rabbit hole began with a deep sense of peace, forgiveness, gratitude, and joy...quiet joy progressed to euphoria...euphoria to "cosmic consciousness". At the end of two weeks, I crashed and burned in a state of paranoia which lasted about 6 hours. I didn't have the benefit of close family support, or medication to rein me in. Following the crescendo, life resumed pretty much as usual, except that from that day forward...I feel like I have a secret, and I'm most grateful for it.

In my attempt to better understand what had happened, I launched into several years of spiritual study, spiritual practice. Through the years I've been blessed with subsequent experiences of varying durations...confirmations that lasted a day, a week, a couple of months...always pleasant, always enlightening...never with the intensity or adverse reaction of that initial jolt. I learned not to broadcast these "states" especially while under the influence...only sharing them with one or two sincere friends, and maybe a mentor who "understands".

I think finding someone that understood was the most important element for me. Next, was the realization that the experiences were valid...and even though I was pushed to limit on my initial trip, I wasn't completely "losing it". To have my experiences diminished, or invalidated in total, would have been most detrimental in my case. Your husband is really fortunate to have such a caring partner to lend support during what can be an extremely vulnerable period.

I do realize how personal and individual these experiences can be, and that my perspective may not apply in the least. Regardless, please know that I appreciate your openness, and that I'm wishing you and your family well.

Great topic, and equally great responses from numerous ATS'ers

edit on 1-2-2011 by OBE1 because: SP - Drat!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by switch182

Good lord. Please OP don't listen to these irresposible religious fools. Did you not read the follow up story on page 16? This man physically fought police, spouted out crazy talk, held his daughter against her will, talked about how hes gonna die, yelled and acted with rage towards his family, etc. You don't have a "spiritual experiance" and then kidnap your family and attack police officers in the name of god. The man has serious mental issues and he needs medication or counseling or hes probably going to murder someone. People in this thread are ridiculous, its sad how much stupidity is acceptable when it comes to religion.

If some random stranger started telling your family members he found god and now he wants to go on a "trip with them", and yelled at them and told them he'll be dead soon and then attacked police officers and had to be tazed, would you say o hey this guy definitely had a spiritual experiance I better tell him not to take his meds and I better let my family go with him?! Hell no, unless you're a complete fool, so don't tell this woman to do the same.
edit on 2-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Okay somehow I skipped page 16 till someone told me to go back I must have miss clicked. Yea this doesnt sound like a spiritual awakening though as I stated I guess if you had one and it was crazy for you like your whole world changed I dont know how you would act. Sounds a lot like what happened to my mom.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Good lord. Please OP don't listen to these irresposible religious fools. Did you not read the follow up story on page 16? This man physically fought police, spouted out crazy talk, held his daughter against her will, talked about how hes gonna die, yelled and acted with rage towards his family, etc. You don't have a "spiritual experiance" and then kidnap your family and attack police officers in the name of god. The man has serious mental issues and he needs medication or counseling or hes probably going to murder someone. People in this thread are ridiculous, its sad how much stupidity is acceptable when it comes to religion.

Man you hit the nail on the head. I can't believe the amount of loonies on ATS actually thinking this is some sort of divine spiritual experience.

But then again maybe he really is channeling 'God' or whatever since the God of the Bible is a complete nutjob.

For all you know this guy did something really messed up and is using this whole 'spiritual experience' as a 'Get out of jail' card once he admits to the whole thing or is found out, whichever comes first so he could always say ''Hey I wasn't in my senses when I did that. The devil made me do it but then God showed me the light''

Bleh.

Anyway this woman needs more help than him.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by darkest4

Man you hit the nail on the head. I can't believe the amount of loonies on ATS actually thinking this is some sort of divine spiritual experience.

But then again maybe he really is channeling 'God' or whatever since the God of the Bible is a complete nutjob.

For all you know this guy did something really messed up and is using this whole 'spiritual experience' as a 'Get out of jail' card once he admits to the whole thing or is found out, whichever comes first so he could always say ''Hey I wasn't in my senses when I did that. The devil made me do it but then God showed me the light''

Bleh.

Anyway this woman needs more help than him.

"Pain is a great teacher for human beings.
The soul grows under the breath of pain."
- Wolfram von Eschenbach

Just how much pain will she let her husband suffer unto others and herself before she gets him the medical help he needs?

Go ahead and give them to a priest and shaman, everyone needs a good teacher.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Shes obviously asking advice and you my friend are being pretty cruel. Calling someone a nut job etc. So if this happened to one of your family members you would call them a nut job? It makes no sense/ She is asking opinions and thoughts.

To the OP. What matters here instead of posting though is are the kids okay? Have you talked to them at all? I know when my mom was acting strange before her meds(shes still on them now) it really bothered me a lot. Talk to your kids.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join