It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by Fatgoblin

what the heck are you doing in India with conveyance of english slang like you have ?

Haha you'd be surprised to know that India is not just about snakes and elephants.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Sorry, your hubby didn't "wake up" he broke up. It's just the bi-polar thing that is twisting his mind into believing in his predictions and the Jesus BS.

Oh well, another sound mind lost again.

Jesus Complex?
I'll repeat once more: accepting your condition is the first step to healing. And in my experience with the illness medication does just fine to balance the polar opposites a bit out. *shrug* I am living proof of that and I'm doing just fine.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

If they love you, then it's not an "inconvenience" to them, and it wasn't for me with my mom and dad who were very supportive and I don't know what I would have done without them (although they're now passed on). My mother confessed to me when she was dying that the whole "episode" strengthened her own faith, and she, a trained psychiatric nurse said "you know I honestly don't think that what you went through can be thought of in terms of a typical mental illness. I think it was a valid spiritual experience" and she'd know, but it had, from an outside observer's perspective all the hallmarks of a breakdown or psychosis, and hey sometimes some among us have nervous breakdowns, especially when the world we're expected to inhabit is so totally out of congruent alignment with our innermost heart of hearts.

Have mercy, and mercy will be shown you.

I've seen some rather hard hearted content on this thread I have to say, not the kind of loving gentlekindness a person going through this kind of thing really needs, and so it's not an "inconvenience" and in my case, it was just so helpful on the part of my mom and dad, and here I am now working to be helpful to others in the very same spirit, and you can know me by my love who and what my faith is about, it's very plain in the activity, and that period back there in 96 is what set me off in this new direction. I wouldn't give it up for the word, and what makes it of value is at least, in part, the fact that I was supported through the process and the experience by loving family members.

Thanks Mom and Dad, for your kind understanding and patience, and for your unconditional love. That spirit is still alive in me today, I am pleased to report.

edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

oh I had murgh makhani tonight.. you don't have to tell me.

India Rocks ! did you catch that Iron Maiden concert when it rolled through ?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
awakening is a process.. if he just woke up, perhaps it's a little soon to start diagnosing. Wait and see.
I could have used a little patience and understanding during mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
Jesus Complex?

My mother, a trained psychiatric nurse, and imho a living saint leading up to her death from cancer, once told me that whenever they had TWO Jesus' in the ward, that they might place them both together in the same room to see how they might interact, as a type of therapy for them both!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I want to hear the rest of that story! lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

If they love you, then it's not an "inconvenience" to them, and it wasn't for me with my mom and dad who were very supportive and I don't know what I would have done without them (although they're now passed on). My mother confessed to me when she was dying that the whole "episode" strengthened her own faith, and she, a trained psychiatric nurse said "you know I honestly don't think that what you went through can be thought of in terms of a typical mental illness. I think it was a valid spiritual experience" and she'd know, but it had, from an outside observer's perspective all the hallmarks of a breakdown or psychosis, and hey sometimes some among us have nervous breakdowns, especially when the world we're expected to inhabit is so totally out of congruent alignment with our innermost heart of hearts.

Have mercy, and mercy will be shown you.

I've seen some rather hard hearted content on this thread I have to say, not the kind of loving gentlekindness a person going through this kind of thing really needs, and so it's not an "inconvenience" and in my case, it was just so helpful on the part of my mom and dad, and here I am now working to be helpful to others in the very same spirit, and you can know me by my love who and what my faith it about, it's very plain in the activity, and that period back there in 96 is what set me off in this new direction. I wouldn't give it up for the word, and what makes it of value is at least, in part, the fact that I was supported through the process and the experience by loving family members.

Thanks Mom and Dad, for your kind understanding and patience, and for your unconditional love. That spirit is still alive in me today, I am pleased to report.

edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

Good for you. I get the same feeling with a bag of green stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
@dropdjones how arogant of you to wish someone a speedy recovery when they are having a life moving experience. You sound like a fellow Brit.......one of the grim cynical ones. It may be your state of mind that's locking you out of any otherwordly goings on. Just remember we're not all the same.

I think it's great that your husband is going through this life changing experience and I say all the best to you all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

oh I had murgh makhani tonight.. you don't have to tell me.

Ah yummy.

India Rocks ! did you catch that Iron Maiden concert when it rolled through ?

Yeah the first time they came down it was absolutely insane. 40,000 of us singing every word. The air was electric that night.

The second time they came down here my band opened for them and incredibly Rod Smallwood invited us to hang out with the band at their hotel after the gig. Now THAT was a spiritual experience.

Some people pray all their lives hoping to hear from God. I went one better. I shared a beer with Dickinson Oh yeahhh!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I want to hear the rest of that story! lol

After a while they peered in, and lo and behold there was only one bearded man in the room..!

edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit: just kidding! and I presume you were referring to the story my mother told about 2 Jesus' in the mental ward - my link to post feature doesn't work on this computer so I can't be sure which post you were referring to.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I just want to throw this out there after hearing the "asteroid will hit earth around the time of the Superbowl".

Last year there was a budlight commercial depicting the same thing. Remember? If not, just google it.Now, you may ask yourself "what does this have to do with anything?". Well, wouldn't you say that someone who may actually be getting sick could use something as small as that, and somehow in their sickness make an event feel real in their minds? I don't know. It's a bit far fetched and I'm not taking anything away from anyone. I read the post, googled "meteor hits superbowl" and that was the very first thing that popped up. Found it pretty odd myself.

Here is the link from youtube. I couldnt get the inbed option to work right either...sorry.

Budlight Commercial

edit on 2-2-2011 by angelocody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

WOW!!....How frightening....Sounds like he might have needed the meds for sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy

Maybe everything just hit your husband all at once?

This seems to be at the crux of so many posts in this thread. In so many of the conspiracy threads here on ATS the question arises "What will you do when the SHTF?" or something along those lines. This seems a highly personalized "SHTF" moment of sorts. It just hit one fan.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelocody
I just want to throw this out there after hearing the "asteroid will hit earth around the time of the Superbowl".

Last year there was a budlight commercial depicting the same thing. Remember? If not, just google it.Now, you may ask yourself "what does this have to do with anything?". Well, wouldn't you say that someone who may actually be getting sick could use something as small as that, and somehow in their sickness make an event feel real in their minds? I don't know. It's a bit far fetched and I'm not taking anything away from anyone. I read the post, googled "meteor hits superbowl" and that was the very first thing that popped up. Found it pretty odd myself.

Here is the link from youtube. I couldnt get the inbed option to work right either...sorry.

Budlight Commercial

This makes some sense regarding what I had previously posted. It almost sounds as if Stella's husband reached a saturation point. He's FULL! And now everything he's picked up along the way, including perhaps stress from a thankless job (how many of us know a bit about this?) and various "things that make you go hmmmmmm" like a Superbowl commercial has started to spill over and spill out. Once he started to unload his burden, share his thoughts, it just might have felt too good to stop. How many movies have there been depicting a disaster at the Super Bowl? Wasn't there a movie with Bruce Willis and Daman Wayans among others?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I have to say, I've experienced something similar - let me share something I went through:

I was turning 20 when this took place - A minor note though: I've always been spiritual, and which would freak most people out, I am a bit of a psychic, but not in the sense as most people would think - I do however, have an ability to sense whether a person is good or bad, and at times, I can see some future events, which mostly take place in my dreams, but also occasionally, while I'm awake and conscious. Anyways, on with the story:

So there I was, nearing my b-day, and enjoying my time with my current g-friend. One day out of the blue, I just crashed and got into a very bad depression. Don't know why, or how it came over me - it just felt like a dark blanket was pulled over me, and I could't get it off. Everything was fine, which makes it all so weird - I had a great g-friend* (tell you more about it in a second) my family and I got along very good at that time, all was well, but, I just was deeply depressed, over night. So, I went to a shrink and a doctor, and got both a physical and mental exam. Neither of those showed any signs of disease or illness. Again, all was well. All though, the shrink tried to perceive, as to why I was depressed. I couldn't answer his question, I just felt sad overall. He couldn't say what was wrong with me.

So, what happens next? Well, I was sleeping over at my g-friends house one night, when I end up having this horrid and gruesome nightmare. The dream shows me waking up in my g-friends room, where I'm actually sleeping at the moment, and seeing my g-friend with her back to me, sweatting shaking and making this weird silent noise.... I lean over, and ask her "hey babe, is something wrong..?" And then...she turns to me very rapidly, and I see her face......all demonic, burned, like a beast pulled from the depths of hell, with deep black eyes, with burning red rings around them, and she screams the most evil sound I've ever heard in my life. It freaked me out to the border of turning pale white. This dream had a meaning, which I didn't learn until few years after that.. - Anyways..

I woke up from the dream and saw the same situation played out in real, except, of course, my g-friend was deep asleep, with no knowledge of me having a nightmare nor waking up. I tell her about the dream next morning, and she waves it off as "wild imagination".

Scroll forward a few months, winter, and certain day in school. A few friends of mine catch me up in the hall and tell me:" We have some upsetting news about your....'g-friend'..." I was like "What's going on guys..?" They tell me the following story: "We and a couple of guys were up the mountains the previous weekend skiing, and having a few parties - and then 'she' showed up..." I asked "M-m-my g-friend..?" I stuttered - So they blurt it out: "She did not see us, but we saw her..., she was ogling some guy by the fireplace in the cabin, and then .ed in the back room with the guy, holding hands.. - when they came out, they were adjusting their clothes...and I guess you can pretty much calculate what went on back there.." I was crushed... I took this info and confronted my 'g-friend'...she made a weird face, which implied 'im-lying' kinda way and she said "I don't know what you're talking about".

We broke up the following week. Best thing I did that year.

You see, the dream I saw wanted me to know the beast my ex-gfriend really was, and the lies she was feeding me. Anyway..... in order to stay along the plot, regarding the depression, here's the punchline:

I woke up one sunny morning, still feeling awfully crashed, and depressed (few months after the breakup). I go to the bathroom, and splash some cold water on my face - take a look in the mirror, and look at my own sorry face - that's when I hear it...... A calming voice, behind my right shoulder (I just want to mention that I was alone in the house right then and there) and it says to me "do not worry, your life is just about to start - from this day forth, you will start feeling better each day, and eventually, you'll recover fully - everything will be better in the future, trust me..." and then it was just...gone..

I recovered from that depression within 6 months, without pills or therapy, and it hasn't returned since.

I can only say, after 11 years from that day.... The voice was right...My life couldn't be better right now. I have a fantastic, understanding and open minded wife, and our marriage is rounding the 4th year coming late february. I have great friends who I enjoy spending time with. I have all I need in my life right now.

Don't know who or what that voice belonged to, but it felt very comforting, soothing, and helpful. I wanted it to stay, but it was gone the very second it had given it's message.

I've spoken to some spiritually enlightened people after that, and they tell me it was my guardian angel, or my spirit guide, that was talking to me that day. Whoever it was, I thank that entity for those caring words. They kept me going all the way through the depression.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Have you read Stella's full account of the arrest on page 16? I would say it is very believable. I was on the jury for a case where something very similar happened. The main difference being that in that case the kidnapper raped his wife before the police were called.

The new information in the story paints a picture of a very disturbed man who has had a very deep personality breakdown causing a break with reality. He will need a lot of very careful therapy and counselling to make him mentally strong again.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I'm really happy for you that your husband woke up, but....I am getting bored of this so can you please tell your husband to go back to sleep.

Good night.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Not diminishing this at all. However your husband might have had a breakdown and you being the closest person to him, he may have just grabbed on to your beliefs for stability. Don't trivialize it and think "oh he finally woke up" he may really need you in other ways. Your beliefs may not really be what he's looking for, but the only place he knows that is different to turn.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
P.s. so you will hopefully see this and pay attention.
When he talks to you, don't just be giggly that he is agreeing with you. You really need to talk to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join