It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

she also claimed this was a religious awakening, and a spiritual event...

even on her story on page 16 I do not think she claimed any physical fight with an officer... I will go back and read. She has also mentioned many times that he husband is not intending any harm to others.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I started this thread because I was confused. I have to say that I am even more confused now. I didn't realize I was opening Pandora's Box. I haven't finished my story. Don't know if I will. Maybe tomorrow. I don't even know if anyone is still interested in the rest of the story. I just know that this is my life right now. I know I invited you all in to take a peak. I don't know... maybe that was a mistake... or maybe I'm just tired. I don't know.

As I said before, I'm taking all of this one day at a time.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

She did say that she also said "I'm not saying that he is not bipolar. I'm just saying what if it's something more."

He resisted being arrested from what it sounds like its not physical violence on others, but it is resisting arrest and that is a crime. Only time it says he mentioned harm was that he was dying. I assume he had it in his head he was going to die? This in itself puts himself at risk of killing himself possibly. If I was fine today and started spouting I was going to die in the morning when I wake up with no reason for it. I would expect to be taken to the hospital. I would hope my family would.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
She is asking opinions and thoughts.

agreed... get all the opinions one can, anything that the wife can do herself to help out her husband because after all she most likely knows him best and his intentions.

it is kind of difficult in this day and age trying to find another spouse who will step in and step up to raise another mans family... I am not saying they are not out there, but this is just observable.

keeping the family together is the most important thing imo.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Maybe he just got to a point in his life when he could no longer bottle things up inside and it all just blew out.

Same thing that happened to my ex-best friend a couple years before it all ended in suicide.

It's really naive to think of this OP's husband's event as a "spiritual awakening." For crying out loud, his BOSS called you. It's something serious and it was correct the family called the officials. Any kind of "awakening" doesn't happen just like that. I'm sorry, just my 2 cents. The human mind is complex. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Was he capable of expressing his feelings like love and anger?
edit on 1-2-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

Bi-polars have the highest rate of suicide of any class of people. It isn't something to be toyed with. The cavalier attitude of the spiritual awakening crowd to a serious mental condition is disheartening. Its the same as when Scientologists like Tom Cruise goes on his anti-psychiatrist rants.

That this situation came to the point her family needed to call the cops to have him committed while she is taking him on a "journey" is freakin disturbing. If I was a member of his or her family I would have called the cops too.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I would enjoy to hear the rest of the story as I am sure a lot of readers would. This is an interesting story to say the least. Know matter what people will debate and discuss the issue posted some might be cruel some might be to help. Just wade through it and take from it what you can. Thats what I do when I post anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I wish i knew how to star or whatever this was a good post you made.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Fatgoblin

Shes obviously asking advice and you my friend are being pretty cruel. Calling someone a nut job etc.

She's asking for advice on ATS? Are you serious? ATS is at best an interesting site for interesting/off the wall topics and at worst a place filled with a large number of deluded morons. This is hardly the place to be asking for advice, especially with family matters.

So if this happened to one of your family members you would call them a nut job? It makes no sense/ She is asking opinions and thoughts.

She is asking for opinions and thoughts? Well that's what I did. Gave my opinions and thoughts on the matter. Or do you expect EVERYONE'S opinion to be exactly the same?

And if one of my family members acted like her husband (which is highly doubtful) I'd give them a couple of whacks until they snap out of it.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

link   
This is nothing more than an elaborate introduction to yet another PROPHECY THREAD.

There are many holes in the story.

1. How did the police know where the family was (and they were MOBILE)?
2. Can families really call the police with concerns and have them apprehend other members of the family? If so, then my in-laws would be having a hoot.
3. What kind of behavior was the husband exhibiting to justify an ARREST?
4. If hubby had been exhibiting this behavior, then WHY would wife and kids enter the vehicle in the first place?
5. After being arrested, it was AWFUL FAST for the hubby to be COMMITTED. Usually this takes time and EVIDENCE of abberant (or other anti-social) behavior

Based on these gaping inconsistencies, the story IMHO is a fraud. If you starred any post by the OP, then you gave him/her unwarranted credit on ATS. Is there a chance that this post is valid? Sure. And if you believe that, then you might want to consider investing in SWAMPLANDS in Florida.

link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I started this thread because I was confused. I have to say that I am even more confused now. I didn't realize I was opening Pandora's Box. I haven't finished my story. Don't know if I will. Maybe tomorrow. I don't even know if anyone is still interested in the rest of the story. I just know that this is my life right now. I know I invited you all in to take a peak. I don't know... maybe that was a mistake... or maybe I'm just tired. I don't know.

As I said before, I'm taking all of this one day at a time.

just as one poster "writer" aluded to a page or so back, you have alot of users here who are not empathetic or sympathetic to your plight... there should be age groupings or requirements for certain "personal" sections of the forums, with access allotted when one enters their date of birth. Sadly it is not the religious nut-jobs who are making this topic into something else... when you read over I can only suggest to glance at the "stars" others give and also use your own judgment.

I for one am interested in hearing the rest of your story...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Obviously you started here in 2010 after lurking for a while. ATS when I started had hardly any of this "filled with a large number of deluded morons" and I lurked a very long time before registering. Lately it has gone down hill due to posters such as yourself imo.

You would hit whoever in your family this happened to over the head till they snap out of it? Smart thinking thanks for proving my point with the above statement. I am done replying to your nonsense.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

this I do agree with myself... but I say "info" not holes.

there is not enough information "yet" and I have wanted to state that in previous posts but the OP is telling the story as it comes out.

go with it and do not demand information...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin
She's asking for advice on ATS? Are you serious? ATS is at best an interesting site for interesting/off the wall topics and at worst a place filled with a large number of deluded morons.

she is a long time poster and registered user... she just might have friends here and feel comfortable here talking about her feelings... be human about it man !

conspiracy chicks rule

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Just so you know if you have never had a family member who starts acting strange in a split second then you will not understand much of what she says. It does happen over time it took my mom like 3 weeks before what happened to her happened we didn't think much of it though as its a slow process and very hard to pickup on.

Then when it happened you have know idea how crazy it can become. My mom called a lady who I didnt know over to the house to come and get her and told the lady not to tell her where we were going etc and to not give her name to me(the lady knew nothing of what was going on with my mom as we never told her she thought I was going to hurt my mom so she listened to her). This lady figured she was doing the right thing I ended up opening the car door and jacking her keys from her and calling the police and the lady was like fine call them. When they got there it all got sorted out and we took my mom to the hospital.

This was one instance it had happened 3 times the other 2 due to the med they had her on was incorrect so it still happened.

Edit: I contradicted myself, but yes it happens over time the signs are so minimal then the mind finally snaps in a split second they are different. The first little bit of time you would never notice the little things till after the fact.
edit on 2-2-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can see where this is going

Don't you think there's another explanation?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by GhostLancer

this I do agree with myself... but I say "info" not holes.

there is not enough information "yet" and I have wanted to state that in previous posts but the OP is telling the story as it comes out.

go with it and do not demand information...

If you read my post in response to this guy I must tell you when it happens its hard to remember everything that happens and what was said. Its your family member your brain is trying to catch up to why they are acting this way and trying to figure that out well processing all the stuff going on.

To have it happen is terrible and her more accountable story or longer one on page 16 seams she had to go through about what I did. I would love to ask my dad to recount what happened with my mom as he had to take the brunt of it as he was home more.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Obviously you started here in 2010 after lurking for a while. ATS when I started had hardly any of this "filled with a large number of deluded morons" and I lurked a very long time before registering. Lately it has gone down hill due to posters such as yourself imo.

Congratulations for being a long time lurker. 2 cookies for you.

So it's gone downhill with posters like me who don't subscribe to pseudo religious mumbo jumbo? Good call

You would hit whoever in your family this happened to over the head till they snap out of it? Smart thinking thanks for proving my point with the above statement. I am done replying to your nonsense.

Yes I would give one of my family members a few whacks if they started going nuts and affecting the entire family. The last thing I would do is say ''Woweee Jesus is talking to you. Praise the Lord. I must share this with ATS members instead of getting some help''

I'm still amazed how you lot think it's OK for this guy to exhibit this sort of behaviour and for this woman to actually find it 'amazing' when they have kids who must be wondering what the f### is going on.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dear OP.

I can understand your confusion, and if you should pause, then it is your right. You had already done much, so much more than you had even begin to realise, just as many here equally had not realised the significance of your honest unawared efforts, written from your heart.

Everything in life comes with actions, followed by reactions. It has its purpose and direction, unknown mathematical laws which we mankind are today only struggling to catch a glimpse of it.

Your hubby had been touched with spiritual significance. While science cannot readily supply the answers, we are fully aware of how Electromagnetic Fields can affect our minds. It is a form of communication which our science labelled derisively as 'telepathy', but a fact nevertheless as recent german reseach had proven emf can move objects, but current science can only do so by hooking it up to equipment and electronic interfaces.

And with that spiritual significance comes joy, awareness and a responsibility to others around him. His enthusiasm is boundless, but the sudden change caused a panic moment in your family, and you all had reacted accordingly to circumstances, as safety is paramount, and you should not feel guilt in any way.

At no time were you or your family in danger, for you were not aware of the significance and purpose of his epiphany, just as many others are not. That his attempted journey to Marfa was stopped was of another significance, and was not meant to be. Often for the awakened, it is never the destination, but the journey, of what happens during that journey would we learn and comprehend at a latter time.

On another thread, I had posted about finding a way the Messiah could reach out to the masses unlike the ancient days of limited communication. Today that way had been found. It is of purpose that you were an 'ATS' girl. You posted your family's reaction on your free will and by such action, you had encourage a healthy debate, sharing and discussion on the divine, fulfilling a purpose of reaching out to the masses, unaware by many.

You and I are individuals and powerless. But when given a platform to honestly share, many more will come forth, on their free will to equally share and debate, theologians and atheists alike, and only by sharing will we be able to realize our ego filled mistakes or the strength of our true convictions on the right path of progress and evolution without harming or hurting anyone, but helping every human so that none gets left behind.

The evidences lays in this 20 and perhaps more to come pages.

Thanks. :-)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Please don't feel an obligation to keep regular reports if you feel your children need you (which I'm sure they do). I honestly am not sure how to respond to your story. My only advice is to look at the tone of what your husband is saying. Is it fearful? Is it violent? Is it loving? Does it swing back and forth between multiple tones? Situations like these are always hard to figure out. People interpret them from their own belief system, which can sometimes lead to unfortunate circumstances. The important thing is that your husband remains stable. If the only way he can do this is with medication...then so be it. Sometimes people can stabilize themselves, but sometimes they can't. I would suggest you talk to your husband and be very open about what you are feeling. He needs to see how his actions are affecting other people. If this experience truly was positive, I would think he would respond well to you expressing your concerns about what is happening and how his manic behavior was scaring you and the children (rightfully so). But remember, be very explicit about how you and your family love and support him. I feel that often people who have these episodes do not get the loving support they deserve. If he freaks out from such a "confrontation", then I would be more worried about the nature of this episode.

Manic episodes, such as the one you described, are very unsettling to me. No matter the underlying cause of the episode (neurological malfunction, spiritual awakening, ET contact, what have you) they are still manic episodes, which can be dangerous. It sounds like you are not making any brash decisions, which I think is good. It sounds like you are handling it well. Now, as I said above, people tend to interpret these things from their own belief systems. I am no exception, so I will say a few words on the ET contact idea brought up before. If you don't believe in such things, then please just ignore what I am about to say. I am specifically honing in on the ET contact theory because of your husband saying "God is an alien".

Be wary of any supposed ET contact that creates in the contactee any type of feeling that isn't OVERWHELMINGLY positive. If there is an element of fear, future danger, immediate need of action to avert a happening, etc, I would be highly suspicious. There are belief systems that say not all ETs out there are helpful, loving beings; some aim to conquer. If such an ET contact were to occur, you could imagine how the ET would attempt to "conquer" the individual through ideas that would maybe outwardly seem positive (in order to gain trust), but have a darker side to it. Perhaps a manic side?

Please know I am not saying any of this to illicit fear in you. Whatever the case may be with your husband, just constantly express your love towards him and listen to what his says with an open mind and open heart. Also, from a more practical standpoint, I don't think its particularly wise to stop the medication. It seems too risky...for me personally at least.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by switch182

Good lord. Please OP don't listen to these irresposible religious fools. Did you not read the follow up story on page 16? This man physically fought police, spouted out crazy talk, held his daughter against her will, talked about how hes gonna die, yelled and acted with rage towards his family, etc. You don't have a "spiritual experiance" and then kidnap your family and attack police officers in the name of god. The man has serious mental issues and he needs medication or counseling or hes probably going to murder someone. People in this thread are ridiculous, its sad how much stupidity is acceptable when it comes to religion.

If some random stranger started telling your family members he found god and now he wants to go on a "trip with them", and yelled at them and told them he'll be dead soon and then attacked police officers and had to be tazed, would you say o hey this guy definitely had a spiritual experiance I better tell him not to take his meds and I better let my family go with him?! Hell no, unless you're a complete fool, so don't tell this woman to do the same.
edit on 2-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

you see, I did not know this part, the OP forgot to mention these things and kept referring to this as a Spiritual Awakening...and I still believe it is one, but she is denying it by endorsing this by incarceration and medicating, and yet she keeps saying "Spiritual".

Sad, I really am feeling this way as I spoke earlier, but I do not understand why someone would not come out and tell the truth but instead allow others to filter the truth based on their own experiences, such as what she was describing?? Very Sad!

I wish now I knew more details I would have stepped out of this thread without a whisper, but instead I was highly motivated by my own experiences of people accusing me and pointing at me, kicking me out of my home, and spitting on me. So I know enough to be angry, but I did not know enough because the OP was not being forthright. Sad.

The husband needs help, but AntiPsychotics are not the answer, only the crutch, he will still vibrate no matter what and if the OP is this subversive in her approach and has an agenda then her husband will detect it, and reject it. I know that much to be true.

Personally I will take this moment to apologize to the OP...she may not be what she is expressing as a result of her thread development, she may not be taken honestly, but I do apologize for getting confused because that is what I do so well, I engage emotionally. So please step up for your husband, his meds are not unstoppable at this point, but soon they will get harder and harder and eventually he gets to be a man again, a self, a person who chooses who is for them or who is against them.

I am sorry for being such a hyper-sensitive person but I woke up and it was not welcomed either! I was faced with lies and I could read people through their faces, and when I was medicated the visions stopped. Then I was insane, so I quit them and I struggled through the loss of family and friends. I struggled but I also had my partner with me supporting my decisions, not his, and ultimately the light became real.

I apologize to you for my unearthly truth, and please do not do this again! Please be forthright for the sake of people that are opened. I can leave this be now, it is Done!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join