It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Atheism isn't science fiction, it's simply a lack of belief in a deity, or any deity that man has made.

well be a good atheist and stop acknowledging deities then...

makes sense to me

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

No apologies necessary, friend

It is just hard to piece it together, but im sure the same could be said for both you and your husband. In the initial post, it sounded like a truly enlightening and life-changing experience for the better. But given the previous story, its hard to say that still. But even then, its possible it was a truly eye-opening experience, but given his stated beliefs, one that he his having significant trouble digesting. It could also be a neurological problem. However, im not so sure bi-polar is an accurate diagnosis. Especially given the circumstances and time frame under which that diagnosis was given. The fact meds were prescribed makes this one even more cautious about it..

Its also hard to say if outright irrational fear isnt skewing your perspective either. It doesnt surprise me he got ornery with cops involved, though. Especially with how im sure the cops approached him after im sure it was insinuated you were fearing for your, and your childs, life. And then especially after the cop jumped in after he was "pointing" at you.

Honestly, there is just a ton going on here, and i dont think there is a way for us to get the whole story until things have calmed down a little..

edit: and seriously people, cant you have enough respect to back out of a thread that has nothing to do with the atheist/theist debate? we always talk on here about how its so awful for people jumping on a situation to push their agendas, and i think we see that very thing happening here. STOP. This thread has NOTHING to do with that whole BS argument, even if it was something "spiritual," there is NO QUESTION that it happened. Go sling your mud elsewhere.
edit on 1-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by hawaii50th

Whatever you want to believe is your choice. If you want to believe in science fiction, and the foolish wisdom of man it's your choice, after all you do have that freedom.

Just thought i'd let you know that it's a FACT that man made religion. "If you want to believe in science fiction, and the foolish wisdom of man it's your choice, after all you do have that freedom."

You accuse someone else of exactly what you do, believe the words of other men. Cut the personal experience nonsense.

Atheism isn't science fiction, it's simply a lack of belief in a deity, or any deity that man has made.

Besides, the science-fiction in the bible (or ancient scripture) is awful, I'd sooner read a Arthur C. Clarke novel - Or dare i even say it; the works of L.Ron Hubbard (creator of Scientology and science-fiction writer)

Scientology was formed using the very techniques many other religions have used to dilute and control the mind, pretend humans are naturally evil, and have a nice tax-free haven.

And i have to wake up to this nonsense whether it be Scientology, Christianity or Satanism? No thanks. I think i'm awake enough without them putting me to sleep.
edit on 1/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

You don't read very well do you. Read my original post again, maybe you might see the part where I made that statement about religion.
If you think your awake so be it, Satan revels in those that think like you.
Like I said before it's your soul to gamble with.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by la vie

Totally agree. Drinking is drugging.

Look at all the problems, deaths, broken families, physical ailmments, etc. alcohol causes.

But yet it is legal.

Either alcohol should be made illegal or drugs should be made legal. I could care less what people do in the privacy of thier own homes. If they want to destroy their bodies, let them.

But if they come outside and affect others, then you throw the book at them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I acknowledge deities the same way i acknowledge Mario. Just because something is an idea doesn't mean you can't comment on the characteristics or personality of it. Acknowledging nature isn't acknowledging "GOD".

I'll be a good little Atheist, give me another treat and pat me on the head too.

Anyway, nice rant comrade of thy Earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Your husband is NOT BI-POLAR. That is just something the psychologist labeled him as to explain his behavior. He does not need to take the medications, that is a total farce. He has been woken up, and like most people with a real spiritual experience, he is going to be talkative about it and excited. That's all.

All your years of telling him about god, the paranormal, UFO's, government conspiracy's and the end times, may have finally all just clicked all of a sudden, much like a mountain avalanche triggered under a few more drops of snow, wind or a noise. Something in his mind just gave way to the facts. His mind unconsciously to him, may have been putting things together, and when the final piece was put into place, it released in one massive epiphany.

Just a thought, I THINK if he were to get rid of the medications which only server to slow his thought process, he would just fine.

Tell him, welcome to the true world. When people see someone that is out of character talking god, the paranormal, UFO's, government conspiracy's and the end times, they may ask the talker, "Hey what happend to you?" Talker may reply "I woke up!" And that is exactly what they did, the came out of the conditioned trance that has been placed on them since they were a child.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Krummar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Satan revels in those that think like you.
Like I said before it's your soul to gamble with.

Cool story bro,

Apologies to the OP for the hi-jack. I'm out of here. Good luck, I'm sorry you've had a hard time recently. Hope you and your husband are ok.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reading your story it sound like you guys might be caught up in a lovers quarrel ?

one thing I know for sure though is if someone is hearing a voice speaking to them, that is kinda weird... People talk to the God of love all the time, very rarely... and I mean rarely does the God of love talk back, instead the God of the Bible guides and comforts.

I would try to determine if your husband was actually hearing voices, ask or observe subtly.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Long time reader - first time poster. I've always wondered what topic would spur me on to join and post - and here it is.

I can only speak from my own personal experience of an "awakening." It happened 12 years ago and it continues to this day. I will try to summarize the best I can with the intention of passing along info that helped me hold on through the experience - perhaps it will help the original poster and her husband, maybe even others, who knows.

It began by seeing a purple twirl before my eyes when I went to bed at night. My eyes were closed, head on the pillow and there was this purple swirl....In time (days) it began to move in its own motion, had its own "energy" and my heart would beat faster. It took about a week but one morning when I awoke to the presence of very old hooded men flying back and forth before my sight. Can you say scared! Yes....but I laid there, watching, hoping they didn't "know" that I "knew" they were there....They did....and then one morning I watched as one flew into the center of my view (again, while my eyes were closed I could see this with what I now realize is "spiritual sight") and he slowly turned right towards me, hovered, and then stared me down - I felt no choice but to stare right back. Looking back that stare down was a turning point because from then on I was never the same. A new me emerged that was forced to entertain and live with the fact that these "other levels" are real...how to deal with that and incorporate/integrate it is SO hard. And yes - the whole experience rocked my world for years.

After that stare down (the following morning) I laid in bed and saw a light ball above me - maybe 3-4' higher than me and what happened - the only way I could explain it - is that it "zapped" me three times in a row. It didn't hurt me - just was like a mild buzzing all over my body.

From then on I started seeing very beautiful visions in white. Some, very Christian. Some Hindu - some very "animal". In time more learned towards "Christian" (And did I say that until this point I had NO belief in God, Jesus, other dimensions....any of that!) After many years of this I did go on Paxil for awhile - just to get a break. I cant say it helped, nor did it lessen the experience, but it was HELL getting off of it - like having the flu. I learned the necessity of being careful when coming off meds on your own.

SInce then I have experienced seeing entities in another dimension as quite a regular routine. As a previous poster mentioned, its seeing with the third eye. From my experience this is very real - we are dimensional beings and we all have this connection to other realms, its just that my portal happened to be blasted wide open. It didn't happen gradually. I now often see many things in the spiritual dimension, many different levels of energy and levels of light/vibrational intensity.

And for those of you who are curious. Yes, have seen what I would call "ET"'s twice in this realm. They seemed curious. I have also once seen UFO lights in the sky - no doubt about it. (Before I even owned a cell phone where I could have recorded them).

This is just how it started...like I said it has been 12 years. What's helped is that my husband has been a very important friend, confidant, comedian, and "feeback loop" for me. It was equally his experience in is own way - for he had to learn to live with me and filter my info in his own way. He had a mom who was schizophrenic so he knew all the signs to lookout for and was constantly worried I was going down that path. I think he intuitively knew he had a role to play and didnt denounce what I saw but didn't play into my "stories" either...just kept living life and doing simple things. What's helped him is the "test of time". LIke I said, its been 12 years...and it still continues.

What do I believe? I believe there is a God and that Jesus is real - but I also believe that everyone is on their own path to discovery. I have some distant family members that believe SO MUCH in Jesus that they don't talk to me because I don't believe him the way they do - I just don't get that.

And from seeing the ET's I have come to rationalize that God and the Universe is so big t that includes ET's too.

I too believe that "something is up" I have so ever since I started seeing things on such an extreme level. Had documented premonitions about 911, the "Blackout" in 2004(?) and had the date 9/17 etched in my head for years about an economic downfall - took $$ out of the bank for many years..until 2008 when the market fell. The joke was on me that year! I have had many heads up on friends and acquaintances dying but whats hardest to swallow is that even though I have had alot of psychic "hits" - I am also often wrong - and found the delicate tight rope to walk is knowing how to tease out the truth in what you "pick up", when to chill out and have a cold beer.....

I have managed to stay employed during this whole time....maybe once took a day off "due" to this period of extreme experience....(in its own way going to work was a grounding)

Things I did that might help another go through something like this:

- I journeld like mad - still do. Draw pictures of what I see - what I hear. Things I dream.
- I found friends who wanted to listen to my stores and didn't judge me.
- Found even closer friends I could share the far out prophetic info with - friends who would take me seriously,
and then would laugh WITH me if those thoughts didn't come to pass.
- I learned about Reiki and energy work - did (and do) all I can to remain as grounded as possible.
- I learned that I am not the only person in the world experiencing this (you tend to think you are).
- I went to my family doctor and told him all I could. I had a MRI, brain scan, sleep tests, and went to see a
Neuroligist who laughed at me when I told him what I saw (first and last time I saw that guy).
- Spiritual therapy
- Jungian dream therapy - (love Carl Jung - learning some internal can manifest in the external is helpful knowledge)

In the end? Went thru the struggle of becoming Catholic and baptized.....'cause I loved all those great stories from the Saints and the visions they saw....and thought that baptism might have "proven" if something was wrong with me...nope...it still continues.......

I could go on an on....but wanted to share this.

OP, from my vantage point you are in the very begging steps of a lifelong process of learning to communicate with your husband in new ways. As I was once told, "there aren't many marriages that survive this" - that fueled me all the more to make it work.

I appreciate those who don't believe. I have been there - grew up Unitarian....(not that they don't believe, they do, but some UU churches have "coffee talk" all about aliens, etc...gotta love that). And I have parents that "dont" believe and secretly keep one eye on me....

I once didn't believe, and now I have no choice.

And folks...If you start seeing that purple swirl...and those old dudes...just remember to stay resolved and stare back - it'll all be okay.

And as for the Superbowl....Even though I personally don't think a meteor will happen on 2/6 I respectfully will stay attuned.....I know what its like when you get that kind of info - you never know.

Blessing to you all -

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff, OP - thanks for sharing. That is one of the reasons that I like ATS, as a previous poster stated, that you can find people with similar beliefs and ideas who are not judgmental. It is ok here to share views and ideas without the fear of being called a "conspiracy theorist"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hello,

In my opinion, this is very basic and essential to the "current awakening process"(the FEELING the gentlemen is having). So, there is going to be confusion on how to approach it; this is due to the current state of reality we live in. To give a example of the FEELING: it is of pure ecstasy. Resulting in, higher motivational drive and a unquenchable thirst for the refreshment of the FEELING. When enlightened to the FEELING, there is a sense of two realities.

Now, how to handle both realities depends on the individual. It is evident that there is a more plentiful amount of energy to work with.(This could be the cause of the more destructive trend found here in the west). One thing is for certain is, meditation helps cope with the FEELING.

end note: Not into posting on websites, but this story had a pattern of similarities to mine. thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krummar

Yes.I'm sure in all your medical experience you can determine that a patient is or is not suffering from a disorder based on the sole findings of an internet post.

I too routinely tell my doctors they are morons and are just out to get me. In fact the last time I had stitches put in, I told my doctor"You're stupid, this is not a laceration. Clearly I have a mental disorder that makes me believe that I have a laceration the along the entirety of my forearm."

I think he was just trying to label me and get me out of the hospital because he didn't care about me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That is an interesting story.. But I think I agree with him.. Something big is coming. I don't know what but i can just feel it in the air. There's to much going on and it needs to explode. whether its the financial system, running out of oil or Yellowstone erupting. Something is coming.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was reading about your husband saying that the earth is going to get hit by a meteor and what's pretty amazing here is that if you go to whitley striebers website of unknowncountry.com and listen to starfire tors predictions for 2011 via dreamland which was only posted about two weeks ago,she is having recurring premonitions of a meteor hitting the earth.She is pretty much accurate on her past predictions.She also has about a 90% hit rate so what she has to say should probably be taken with more than a pinch of salt.
Also i would strongly recommend anybody on this website to download the weekly dreamland podcasts as they are absolutely fascinating and are free of charge.
I wish your husband a speedy recovery and sometimes it's better to get away from medication,i myself had a character changing experience when i was a teenager but managed to get myself out of it by meditation and positive thinking,i also felt i was helped by a truly beautiful higher force.I feel if i had gone to the doctors saying i was depressed-then i myself would still be on the same meds now and would have had the stigma of being catergorised into a certain type of personality which would have been absolutey false.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

Psychological disorders due usually occur early in life.

Keyword is usually. They can occur later in life.

I don't care to call the husbands OP crazy, which I will not do.. as it is not something I would say or think..

I would however conclude that he showed some erratic behaivor that caused disruptions at work and it sounds like the took a complete step away from his normal person. I would conclude that there is more to the story than he simply believes in conspiracy theories and spirituality if he had to be picked up at work and was then placed in a Hospital.

Sorry to say it like this OP, but sometimes we refuse to see that there might be something wrong going on with the ones we love.. And I hope you won't take any medical advice you receive here on ATS save for people that can prove they actually have medical experience on the subject. The internet is not a tool for people who have never stepped in a biology class post high-school to form treatment plans and diagnosis of others.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

well be a good atheist and stop acknowledging deities then...

makes sense to me

The only honest choice is to be agnostic.
I don't know if there is a creator deity; I don't know if there isn't one either. I am a happy camper that way.
The question is just not important in my life.
I will find out either way eventually.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Okay, I'm hesitant but here goes....

He says there is going to be a huge meteor that will hit the earth with a bunch of smaller ones following it.

He says he thinks something is going to happen on the day of the superbowl... not sure.

He says that God is really an alien. He now believes in God, reads the Bible and prays every day.

There was much more but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind.

An alien? He's probably more than one!

Sometimes I wonder if God isn't the highest expression of his creation via the collective consciousness and unconsciousness of all sentient beings throughout the universe, but then I think of the plants and animals, and about the fully informed Akashic Field or Zero Point Field which penetrates the entire spectrum from every angle and perspective, and I'm back to thinking of God as a transcendant spirit or total universal consciousness, including and seemingly expressed through LIFE itself.

In my early days of my initial awakening, I did consider such things as powers and principalities, of hiearchies, and empires, topped by some "creature" like a universal president of sorts, and concluded that if there were such a thing as "satan" that guy would probably qualify as a self proclaimed emporer of the universe. There's also the notion of a universal spiritual controversy involving issues of authority and rebellion against authority, of domination and submission, of divide and conquor - and I'm now very pleased to thing of God, as Jesus did which he "framed" or "re-framed" to the Woman at the Well, where he said to her when she pointed out that they had nothing in common, with her being a Samaritan who worshipped on the mountain, and he a Jew who worshipped in the Temple (which for Jesus had become corrupted by empire) "A time is coming, and indeed it is already here (he being himself present) when people will worship NEITHER on the moutain OR in the temple - since God is spirit and truth, and as such seeks worship only in spirit, and in truth."

Therefore, might it be possible to convince your husband, although he is reading the NT if he's reading the Bible, that while the OT seems to depict an alien of some kind wielding advanced technologies and playing the "role" of "God", that instead he might consider God as the transcendant spirit of the universe itself, and not any one creature within it, you know, just to be on the safe side, given the degree of confusion that is possible surrounding these issues, and the "sticky wicket" of authoritative leadership, where higher powers are over higher powers, as in some sort of technological, temporal power, and my reasoning is that if there WERE any satanic figure anywhere, it would be best to undo his power and authority according to the spirit of the living God made manifest in love, through the person of Jesus Christ. From this "frame" the Old Testament, although the causation of history may have been led or manipulated by "agents of God's will" who's highest technology may be thought of in terms of integrity and promise keeping, the word, and a process of differentiation and reintegration (the Exodus), nevertheless, the FORESHADOWING or the allegory and formative historical causation led, eventually, to the person of God himself stepping into the "frame" already made by others as Jesus, where man was made by God out of love (takes two to love) to contain nothing less than the fullness of the spirit of God, in the fullness of time and history. The implications of this are liberating to the consciousness of man, with a balanced and healthy awareness, which recognizes the self as accepted in God, with God's sovereign will reigning supreme ie: nothing really to worry about, safe, secure, never psychotic, unbalanced or confused, or...manipulated by the "powers and principalities". Then, in the love of Christ, there is no height, no width nor depth capable of separating us from the one TRUE God of the very HIGHEST high of ALL, relative to which any mere creature or technology, would be rendered powerless. And so I'm then left thinking here of the whole of all creation as the "body" of God, which through no small feat, by the divine Phi Ratio of extension and proportion, and the miracle of consciousness and of consciousness awareness, was "holographically" and non-locally represented or manifested in the "mere" person, the "mere" human being, who was Jesus of Nazareth become "The Christ" in his own Christ Realization as one with the Spirit of God, who is both awareness, and the love of creation and evolution. Here then we the lowly sinner and follower, can rest assured once again, through our sympathetic harmonious connection with God, through the person of Jesus and the ever present and refreshed and renewed Christmind, then we are known, understood and unconditionally loved, JUST AS WE ARE, and that we need not perform the ultimate act of "cosmological heroics" simply because the student cannot and need not, be as great as the master!

Then, although a little red faced at first perhaps, in recognition of our own ignorance, all mental illness and the possibility for mental illness surely fades away, as we are covered, and protected, by the intercessory grace of Jesus Christ, in spirit, who lives in us with us in him in spirit, truth, love, and in therefore in conscious awareness and increasing understanding, along with the resulting increase in overall mental and physical health and well being!

"And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free - but if you are freed for my sake, why then, you shall we truly free indeed!"

This is the happy peaceful, loving spirit of Jesus Christ who in his supreme love for us, and who in love, conquors over the all and the all in all including any mere "creatures" some of whom may even be jealous of man, who thought last, is first...

I fought my way through this whole thing, on more than one occasion, and if I didn't have a strong mind, and the willingness to use everything I had to reconcile my experience with reality, in a way that is helpful and loving both to myself and my fellow man, I would surely have gone insane, and became psychotic or schitzophrenic, which is one of the reasons I make this post out of love for my fellow man, because I know as much as anyone, that there are some jagged rocks in the shoals of destruction, all around the Lighthouse, which few among us have the presence to even heed, and so the mental wards pile up with Popes and Jesus' and Demon Possessed, the mind crushed, etc etc. because this stuff is exceedingly difficult to unravel, and it may not be for the average Joe to try to work it all out, and it isn't - the work was already done, and already completed in full.

Needless to say, I am certain that the love and protection and care of God is with you both, but if something starts as a little off or a little "in" sane, may it lead to going literally in SANE as in into sanity, not crazy wild eyed conjecture about ancient aliens as God (although very possibly or even likely true!), whereby whatever "they" might have been doing, for whatever reason, was nevertheless utilized by the Real God to reveal something even greater by far, by many orders of magnitude, in the simple yet unfathomably deep wellspring of love, which drove Jesus himself to make the ultimate sacrifice (Great Work of All Ages(, for the sake of love and freedom, that we and by extension, the whole world, might be truly free indeed (creation itself redeemed), and at long last, if the truth be known, able to finally breathe a sigh of relief, and RELAX!

edit on 1-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by MensaDude

Psychological disorders due usually occur early in life.

Well, if I have learned something in all these years, it's that psychological disorder are quite unpredictable. Yes, there is a trend for psychological disorders to strike in young age, but there are always exceptions to rules. The Germans say: "It's the exception which validates the rule or proves the rule".

Keyword is usually. They can occur later in life.
Exactly!

I don't care to call the husbands OP crazy, which I will not do.. as it is not something I would say or think..

If the diagnosis is right he's just sick and needs treatment.

I would however conclude that he showed some erratic behaivor that caused disruptions at work and it sounds like the took a complete step away from his normal person. I would conclude that there is more to the story than he simply believes in conspiracy theories and spirituality if he had to be picked up at work and was then placed in a Hospital.

Well, he'll sort it out with his shrink or shrinks.

Sorry to say it like this OP, but sometimes we refuse to see that there might be something wrong going on with the ones we love.. And I hope you won't take any medical advice you receive here on ATS save for people that can prove they actually have medical experience on the subject. The internet is not a tool for people who have never stepped in a biology class post high-school to form treatment plans and diagnosis of others.

Acceptance is the first step to healing. Leave the treatment to professionals ... If your ordered to take medication take it and don't abuse it with alcohol, for example. That's my 2Eurocents and I think it is sound advice based on personal experience.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
By the way.. When is Superbowl?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretz
By the way.. When is Superbowl?

I have no idea!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join