It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Obviously you started here in 2010 after lurking for a while. ATS when I started had hardly any of this "filled with a large number of deluded morons" and I lurked a very long time before registering. Lately it has gone down hill due to posters such as yourself imo.

Congratulations for being a long time lurker. 2 cookies for you.

So it's gone downhill with posters like me who don't subscribe to pseudo religious mumbo jumbo? Good call

You would hit whoever in your family this happened to over the head till they snap out of it? Smart thinking thanks for proving my point with the above statement. I am done replying to your nonsense.

Yes I would give one of my family members a few whacks if they started going nuts and affecting the entire family. The last thing I would do is say ''Woweee Jesus is talking to you. Praise the Lord. I must share this with ATS members instead of getting some help''

I'm still amazed how you lot think it's OK for this guy to exhibit this sort of behaviour and for this woman to actually find it 'amazing' when they have kids who must be wondering what the f### is going on.

It's ridiculous.

Again you make me respond. 1 then why are you reading this and if you did not read her full post at the start she does state something i have quoted above if you care to read. If you do not care about this stuff or care to read it well then yes it is people like you who bring ats down hill because you come into topics you do not like and spout garbage to shoot people down instead of being kind and stating a perfectly good opinion. You could have just stated something like "I believe the doctors diagnoses was correct and it has nothing to do with a spiritual awakening", but what would be the fun in that you prefer to bash others for posting something you do not like?

She obviously has taken him to the doctor and he has been diagnosed with a disorder. Again she is asking for thoughts and opinions and just asking the simple question "could there be more to this?" Read my above and go find my quote or read the bottom of her first post before replying again. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If you read my post in response to this guy I must tell you when it happens its hard to remember everything that happens and what was said. Its your family member your brain is trying to catch up to why they are acting this way and trying to figure that out well processing all the stuff going on.

To have it happen is terrible and her more accountable story or longer one on page 16 seams she had to go through about what I did. I would love to ask my dad to recount what happened with my mom as he had to take the brunt of it as he was home more.

I understand what you mean, I have a very large family spanning several states...

my mother and her sister married my father and his brother, if that makes any sense to you ? I have alot of dbl first cousins and we have always been raised together if not in the same home at times of both of their divorces (well my aunts hubby passed away)

I am the youngest and I defend justice always... but like I have also pointed out, it is alot of our upcoming scientist and upcoming atheistic psychiatrists who are shooting people down and being judgmental way too soon.

would she really let her hubby fall into the hands of these irrationals without seeking advise from both sides ?

edit on 2/2/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

No, but she did what was needed at the time and now she is just questioning it later if it might have been something more. You have made nothing but good posts. Its others who come in and down right make fun of and destroy this persons character instead of responding properly that bother me. You I liked your posts thus far a lot.

I already stated after reading page 16 I believe it is a disorder and not a awakening imo, but I will defend her right to ask questions and to try and get answers even if I do not think it was what she is questioning she has the right to post and not be ridiculed.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

You are being quite faithless and perhaps naive yourself in this matter, and specifically this response. Although I have no knowledge of this case aside from what has been written, I will present a few points for consideration in reply:

Ref the alleged 'Holes':
1. you have no idea how big the town she lives in is. The police could very well know them, or at least spot their car going from point A to B, as I would assume the family would inform the police.
2 Families certainly can and do call the police over concerns (the show COPS has at least a couple incidents per episode it seems). And based on all the high-profile violence of late, what desk sergeant would risk ignoring a warning? The arrest or apprehension part would depend on how he reacted when confronted by police. But the important thing here is that it certainly is within a police officer's power (actually its their duty) to detain someone he believes may harm others or themselves.
3. Any behavior that would alarm the police as abnormal may qualify, if you have a fightened family on the phone, in the car, and frightened co-workers also giving statements - that would add weight to the detension decision.
4. They got in the car, because that is what family members do. Go to their loved ones when called. The fact that they started to get frightened when they considered the potential for unpleasant outcomes seems quite normal to me. I can tell you that over the years, I have seen family members flip-out and become violent with no prior indication they were about to do so. Once they did, they were quickly confronted and calmed-down. Yet, if one of them got really nuts along with a weapon it is indeed possible that they could have harmed someone before being subdued.
5. Actually, depending on the statements that hubby made, the police, family members (usually at least two adults), or qualified social worker could have him admitted for observation. In fact, that is the law in most states. I have a brother in Michigan who once got drunk and called his ex (although it had nothing to do with her) and said he was going to kill himself. It was quite a shock to get a call from her immediately after, asking me if I thought he was serious, and that her status as a psychiatric nurse REQUIRED her to report any serious such threats to the police. Luckily I went over, spoke with him and figured out that he was a little depressed at having lost his job and simply needed a good pep talk and some sobbering up.

I can definately see why so many are 'afraid' to spill their guts on ATS, as guys like you will savage them without proof. If you think she is shucking you then just ignore her. I feel that ATSers should remember that when someone reports a personal experience without evidence, that it doesn't mean they are lying. I would wait until that same member has posted at least three or four incredible stories before throwing the BS flag out.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Arguing with each other will solve nothing.

The woman asked for advice, good or bad, just give it to her.

"I think you should take him to a hospital and get him medical care, and you should probably keep your kids away from him."

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think if you aren't going to give the whole story in the original post then don't start a new thread. Maybe that's just me. I read through a bunch of pages since I last posted and I can agree with certain things on both sides. My opinion is that the OP had a knee jerk reaction and did what she thought was best at the time. Good or bad, it really doesn't matter anymore. Both of them have a lot to work through right now. I don't think we should judge her because her story could be true and not just a trick to get SnF. My advice is that she research the drugs, get other opinions, and try to find a natural solution. His spiritual awakening, removing of the blinders, walk in, epiphany or whatever want to call it can't be undone. To say anything more at this point, I would be echoing other people that have already posted.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Im not a doctor but one isolated incident does NOT indicate bi-polar. Typically, bi-polar patients go from tired, depressed, uninterested in anything to being manic; not sleeping, being busy, enthused about a project or hobby, etc. And it is usually a pattern than goes in cycles, not somebody that has been a certain way for 30 years then suddenly has an "awakening".

The problem with doctors is they think that anything that strays outside their textbook definition of "normal" is an illness. Did your husband have a pattern of ups and downs prior to this awakening?

I also agree with what somebody else said; he's kept his feelings in for so long that he finally let it all out and he is now "free". I went through a period of hardships, including losing a business, filing for bankruptcy, open heart surgery and started a new job, all within about a years time. I coasted through all of it then one day, bam! I started having panic and anxiety attacks. Crying uncontrollably. But this sounds much different than what I had. If I were him I wean myself off the meds if he wasn't truly bi-polar to begin with.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The biggest set of events to ever happen,is happening right now.
I also woke up into the christ. And it's now or never.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi
reply to post by GhostLancer

You are being quite faithless and perhaps naive yourself in this matter, and specifically this response. Although I have no knowledge of this case aside from what has been written, I will present a few points for consideration in reply:

Ref the alleged 'Holes':
1. you have no idea how big the town she lives in is. The police could very well know them, or at least spot their car going from point A to B, as I would assume the family would inform the police.
2 Families certainly can and do call the police over concerns (the show COPS has at least a couple incidents per episode it seems). And based on all the high-profile violence of late, what desk sergeant would risk ignoring a warning? The arrest or apprehension part would depend on how he reacted when confronted by police. But the important thing here is that it certainly is within a police officer's power (actually its their duty) to detain someone he believes may harm others or themselves.
3. Any behavior that would alarm the police as abnormal may qualify, if you have a fightened family on the phone, in the car, and frightened co-workers also giving statements - that would add weight to the detension decision.
4. They got in the car, because that is what family members do. Go to their loved ones when called. The fact that they started to get frightened when they considered the potential for unpleasant outcomes seems quite normal to me. I can tell you that over the years, I have seen family members flip-out and become violent with no prior indication they were about to do so. Once they did, they were quickly confronted and calmed-down. Yet, if one of them got really nuts along with a weapon it is indeed possible that they could have harmed someone before being subdued.
5. Actually, depending on the statements that hubby made, the police, family members (usually at least two adults), or qualified social worker could have him admitted for observation. In fact, that is the law in most states. I have a brother in Michigan who once got drunk and called his ex (although it had nothing to do with her) and said he was going to kill himself. It was quite a shock to get a call from her immediately after, asking me if I thought he was serious, and that her status as a psychiatric nurse REQUIRED her to report any serious such threats to the police. Luckily I went over, spoke with him and figured out that he was a little depressed at having lost his job and simply needed a good pep talk and some sobbering up.

I can definately see why so many are 'afraid' to spill their guts on ATS, as guys like you will savage them without proof. If you think she is shucking you then just ignore her. I feel that ATSers should remember that when someone reports a personal experience without evidence, that it doesn't mean they are lying. I would wait until that same member has posted at least three or four incredible stories before throwing the BS flag out.

Yes, it is completely possible that the OP is not creating a story to appeal to the heartstrings of many/most of here on ATS. There is a chance that all of this is somewhat true. Further, anyone could easily take the role of Devil's Advocate and present the case from the other side. However... THAT WOULD BE FOLLY. There are so many holes in the "story."

The ***OP*** needs to answer these questions, not anyone else, for ONLY the OP can explain the inconsistencies. He/she was there, ---if indeed any of this is/was real.

There are too many holes in the story for any of this to make sense to REASONABLE folks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Again you make me respond. 1 then why are you reading this and if you did not read her full post at the start
she does state something i have quoted above if you care to read.

I have read her entire post and responded accordingly. I can't help it if you assume I haven't read it completely.

If you do not care about this stuff or care to read it well then yes it is people like you who bring ats down hill because you come into topics you do not like and spout garbage to shoot people down instead of being kind and stating a perfectly good opinion. You could have just stated something like "I believe the doctors diagnoses was correct and it has nothing to do with a spiritual awakening", but what would be the fun in that you prefer to bash others for posting something you do not like?

So basically you're saying that I should respond according to what YOU expect to hear and what YOU think is a 'prefectly good opinion'? Then we would just have an entire forum filled with people with exactly the same opinions giving each other handjobs round the clock.

She obviously has taken him to the doctor and he has been diagnosed with a disorder. Again she is asking for thoughts and opinions and just asking the simple question "could there be more to this?" Read my above and go find my quote or read the bottom of her first post before replying again. Thank you.

Yeah she took him to a doctor and he was diagnosed with a disorder. No probs. That's great. What's NOT great is so many halfwits on ATS misguiding her and telling her that she's witnessing something 'incredible' or 'divine' or whatever. THAT causes more harm than what I have said.

I mean seriously, she said he got arrested and exhibited erratic behaviour and what not. The RATIONAL thing to do is to ENSURE the safety of her kids rather than ask ATS for advice. But instead there are people here who say ''Hey it's amazing, Christ is coming, bask in his glory blah blah''.

'Deny ignorance' my a$$
edit on 2-2-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Sorry, your hubby didn't "wake up" he broke up. It's just the bi-polar thing that is twisting his mind into believing in his predictions and the Jesus BS.

Oh well, another sound mind lost again.

You don't really look like the model of sanity yourself!

Thanks, I'm honored.

No no the honor was all mine!

So i just had to give you a blue star for that!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

she is a long time poster and registered user... she just might have friends here and feel comfortable here talking about her feelings... be human about it man !

Heh fine agreed but with 'friends' like these......yadda yadda

conspiracy chicks rule

You said it

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
@ Stella~

Wow!

I guess I should retract some of what I said in my first post back on page 4 or whatever.

Thanks for Telling more of the story...
I do now indeed see why there would be reason to be worried/frightened..

It does sound like he probably had more of a mental (even if brief) breakdown.
All Ive read so far..
does sound like less of an "Awakening" (as i personally see the word)..
and more like something to actually be concerned about.

I still strongly stick by my sentiments regarding /"doctors" /and /"medicine"/'big pharma"..
But I also know that some people truly do need medication for the good of themselves and others..
but still feel that just tossing the "bi-polar" "quick give him meds for it" was hasty and probably misdiagnosed..
like most times these days.

Anyway..
Im no one to say, ..I know..
Just sharing thoughts/feelings.

Im glad your daughters, and your own intuition are "well tuned"..
AFter reading more from you..
I feel like that probably was the best thing to do...
Especially after hearing some of his comments.

I hope you are all well,
and that things are figured out sooner, than later.

Good luck, Blessings.

@ NewAgeMan~
I like you, man. lol

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I can agree with some of this, but I would leave out some of it. This was your best response yet. No I do not think you should respond how I would, but I think name calling and all that other stuff went out in 9th grade or it did for me. I do agree with you on some points, but people as you say can have them opinions and them people are not calling us who do not think like them names etc. This is the only reason at all I picked you out to respond to out of all the others who have "gave advice".

You are very correct I wouldnt say get off the meds its spiritual etc some would. I would say as you have worry about the kids first. She will read everyone thoughts and I believe the ones that come off in a manner of maturity are the ones she will tend to side with more. Thats why I try to leave out ridicule and name calling in my posts.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

The ***OP*** needs to answer these questions, not anyone else, for ONLY the OP can explain the inconsistencies. He/she was there, ---if indeed any of this is/was real.

There are too many holes in the story for any of this to make sense to REASONABLE folks.

I normally would not reply to post such as yours, but that ego of yours and your kind really do need to be pinpricked, for your own sake or you will only continue to stumble and fall on your own free will.

The only person that 'needs' to answer those questions are you and what you believe. The OP did not point a gun at anyone and demanded answers. Many do so on their own REASONABLE free will and empathy, to share their experiences and how it may help to overcome her predicaments.

She does have a right to her privacy. ATS is NOT a courthouse and demands sworn oaths statements with threats of imprisonment or any other of ostracism that YOU are imposing on others.

You and everyone else do have that right and free will to respond or ignore. But YOUR demands and accusations are absolutely a horror and tyrannical in approach, that attempts to silence any further revelations of free will sharing.

Please spare us further of your pathetic reasonings. You had already proven how unreasonable you are, as if the OP, a member of this site that OWES YOU a living, and is only right for others to expect nothing more than lame excuses forthwith from you.

Do take my words as an honest criticism of your behaviour in a discussion, and may it help in changing your personal development for the better with more maturity in future. I mean you no harm.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

It could still be a valid spiritual experience and have that element, because when the personality or the ego breaks apart in favour of new informaiton, sometimes it does crack apart or crack up a bit, for a short time. It happened to me at one time and then I came out of it. One small touch of the spirit can cause a chain reaction, and when you don't really know what to make of the experience or how to reconcile it, you might wander off the beaten track a bit for a while, happens all the time, and sure, bi-polar is how they'd diagnose it, but in some cases, like my own, it passed. The doctor who admitted me was left stratching his head two weeks later, couldn't believe he was talking to the same person. I just shrugged and said something like "well doctor, I think I just have to live with one foot in very deep water and the other firmly planted on dry land" with good natured humor, because I was able to process it fairly well and quickly, but there was a time there when I skirted with what might cause another person to become schitzophrenic or permanently bi-polar, it depends on your beliefs and your outlook, your attitude and yes, even your faith in God.

One other time, and it's now been years since these occurances, I walked into the hospital and simply explained to the intake nurse that with Christmas coming I had become rather sensitive to spiritual ideas and meanings, if not energies (didn't want to sound TOO looney), and that this was producing in my mind a hightened state of religiosity and a certain habituated thinking process circling around notions of universal good and evil, etc. and that I just needed a "cap", on my brain (although I was thinking of how the Cardinals in the church and the Jewish people wear those small circular caps on the head, as if to hold the brain integrity IN lol), so if she wouldn't mind just having the doctor prescribe a "mild antipsychotic" then I'd be "good to go". I might have even let it slip that perhaps, I might have even been suffering from a minor "Christ complex" having grown up a ministers son, but as I said this, we were both smiling, given how authentic and honest I was being about my situation! LOL Ever notice btw, how when you look someone in the eyes and you're "all spiritual" how the whites in their eyes turns pink right away, something to do with the rising of the spirit I honestly think, and so anyway, got my script, and off I went, and it's preciselty what I needed, but I wasn't mentally ill, simply having an authentic spiritual experience which took a turn into a habituated loop of thinking.

Her and her husband will of course at some point if they haven't done so already, read this entire thread, so hello I say, no worries! Others among us have gone through precisely or almost precisely what you're going through.

And in my opinion, perhaps at least for the time being, a MILD medication is entirely appropriate.

To him I say be gentle with yourself and remember "this too will pass".

It's all good.

edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

what the heck are you doing in India with conveyance of english slang like you have ?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
marfa.... he was doing something that was not spurred by bi-polar nothing...
now the spirit world has two poles....as long as we depend on the God of the bible, we are invincible...in fact once one believes in Jesus
(yahushua )....no matter what they do or say from that point on...they are destined to have eternal life, period.
marfa...hmmmm location of unexplained lights seen by thousands and filmed for decades, also a weather break-over location (the marfa line ) i have a hundred questions for him.!!

Proof?

From my research you don't need to believe in anything in order to have eternal life. How is it factual that believing in Jesus, someone who has never been proven to even exist, will provide an eternal life? And what about the ones who don't believe that Jesus existed as the man portrayed in the bible?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
to me most of the time, everything is humorous until things get serious...

wonder if that means I am bi-polar too ?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I can agree with some of this, but I would leave out some of it. This was your best response yet. No I do not think you should respond how I would, but I think name calling and all that other stuff went out in 9th grade or it did for me. I do agree with you on some points, but people as you say can have them opinions and them people are not calling us who do not think like them names etc. This is the only reason at all I picked you out to respond to out of all the others who have "gave advice".

You are very correct I wouldnt say get off the meds its spiritual etc some would. I would say as you have worry about the kids first. She will read everyone thoughts and I believe the ones that come off in a manner of maturity are the ones she will tend to side with more. Thats why I try to leave out ridicule and name calling in my posts.

Alright maybe the name calling was a bit over the top but as far as ridicule goes it's almost impossible to hold back when I see things like this

Originally posted by miracleretiree
The biggest set of events to ever happen,is happening right now.
I also woke up into the christ. And it's now or never.

It's this sort of stuff (and a lot more on this particular thread) that can seriously delude someone into dismissing an obvious problem in favour of a 'spiritual' experience. It does no one any good.

I don't usually post much but this just reminded me of what happened to an aunt of mine. She's an extremely religious person and attended prayer groups and all that jazz. One fine day she fell off a ladder at home and injured her hip pretty badly. So instead of going to a doctor she calls up her prayer group and they all turn up at her place and ask Jesus to heal her and all that BS.
After that she convinced herself that she really was healed and walked around for a couple of days (trying to hold back the pain) with her kids constantly on edge that she might fall down the stairs or something. Finally after much coaxing we took her to a doctor who gave her a piece of his mind for being so stupid to attempt to walk in such a state. Her response was ''But doctor I really was healed by the holy spirit but the pain returned because Jesus said my faith wasn't strong enough''

Absolute madness. Needless to say none of her prayer group visited her at the hospital.

I'm of the opinion that if this 'spiritual awakening' or whatever people call it is a personal thing, hey then more power to you. But if your 'divine episode' inconveniences other people, especially your own family (in this case the OPs kids) then that's just screwed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join