It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had to explain chemtrails to my children.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thank you all for you replys.
The argument that nothing is being sprayed is quite weak,especially when you see it happen.If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
My children are far from scared,and they a far from stupid or ignorant,they knew what they were seeing was not right,not natural.
Contrails?You mean the ones that hang around all day and fatten up to become gray with a tinge of brown?

Ever seen the show ' Are you smarter than a 5th grader'.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

If it looks like a contrail and acts like a contrail ........

Whereas there is no evidence that anything is being sprayed and moreover - and more importantly - that if anything were being sprayed we'd be able to see it.

Question is: why do some people want you to think contrails are sprays?

Contrails?You mean the ones that hang around all day and fatten up to become gray with a tinge of brown?

Well they're the ones we know are contrails. In the same way we know that the wet stuff that comes out of a tap in the bathroom is water (and not peanut butter) and a big grey animal from Africa with big floppy ears, thick skin, and big ivory tusks, is not a gopher. Or even an earwig.

Still, you believe what you want to believe. It's a free world.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by Essan because: added comment

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
I
My children now want to CONFRONT the government.My 6yo says he wants to punch them and kick them:.

Some day we might see him on the news ala Jared Loughner and we'll look back on this thread and laugh, you nervously.
edit on 30-1-2011 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
You have proven that chemtrails are not a variety of things folk have postulated on but you have not proven that they are just water vapour and harmless fuel additives, until you do so you should not have a holier than thou attitude on the subject.

How is this not proven? The fact that it can be demonstrated it isn't anything else (ie the alternative hypotheses), would suggest analytically that the null hypothesis (the idea that it is infact, water) is in fact true.

And, since Contrails usually seem to persist in circumstances wherein Cirrus clouds can be reasonably expected to occur and persist naturally anyway, why shouldn't an artificially created cirrus cloud endure as well? You would need to prove that this shouldn't be the case in order to give a credible argument that contrails shouldn't persist in the right conditions.

I would also point out that near the start of "What in the World are they Spraying?", there is a time lapse sequence of contrails. They noticeably move across the sky in the time the sequence was made. If it were expected that it should fall to the ground, this should be noticeable. Instead, it moves with the wind as all the other clouds do.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Oh, but you see...the onus is NOT on me:

... but you have not proven that they are just water vapour and harmless fuel additives...

The burden is on the "chem"-trail faithful believers (for, really...it IS a sort of 'faith' they have....since they have NO evidence).

Water vapour, I hope can be agreed as harmless, yes? (Actually, to be accurate....ICE crystals are what you actually see. Water vapour is not visible to the naked eye).

Now, the "fuel additives"?? OH, gee....I have covered that in some depth, other threads. Shan't get detailed, here yet again. (WIll hunt, may be able to find a link to an older post).

Basically, these are facts about fuel. (And, you can think about your automobile fuel too).

Unlike the car, though....the fuel on jets is meaured and referenced in pounds -- or kilograms, in many countries.(except for initial delivery, where they meter it in gallons or litres, depending on country)..

The fuel's specific gravity, therefore, is important to the fuel quantity sensors....they don't just "float" in the tank, like your car's fuel sensors. So, any large added material will significantly change the fuel density, and throw off the calculations. This does not happen, because NOTHING is contaminating the fuel. IT is also checked, regularly, for safety reasons. It is filtered, quite a lot. AND, several times on the airplane, too, on its way from tank to engine. BUT, yes there are harmful substances in the exhaust gases....just as there are in the exhaust gases of your car, that diesel truck, that diesel railroad locomotive, or the gas-powered lawnmower you may own.....

...finally, we have the heat of combustion. Temperatures from 1,800 to 1,900 Celsius, typically. Name a material that will survive that....molecules come out of it, and can recombine....it's water, and the trace combustion remnants already mentioned, that are "normal" pollutants as result of burning fossil fuels.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral
reply to post by iniut

14 years, eh?
One would think you'd have come across some compelling evidence regarding their existence, right?
Care to share it with us?

Better yet, state ONE THING that must be accepted as a FACT about "chemtrails".

Remember I'm referring to the accepted definition of fact within the context of this discussion. No semantic games, please.

edit on 29-1-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

¨

hmm you had to edit those 3 lines 6 times... well you want a fact.. no facts needed if conspiracies had facts they wouldnt be. facts are they are for everybody to see. no need to explain. go outside and watch. one day no trails no planes no nothing next day planes covering the sky flying in flightpath that are none existent. you know that there are roads in the sky too.. well these don't follow the roads

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
reply to post by iniut

No need to fire off blaming so called debunkers, if you believe that airliners are spraying chemicals then proove it!

Because you see a white streak behind an aeroplane does not mean it is chemicals! Some people that you call debunkers offer their own reasoning behind the white streak as condensation caused by a very hot jet engine passing through moisture in the air at there given altitude... As i inderstand it.

Has anyone got proof that actual chemicals are purposfully being sprayed? Beter still, can anyone explain why a hot jet engine would not cause a streak of condensation behind it if moisture was present..? Pollution yes as they burn fuel!

Debunker seems to me a word to describe someone with some idea of what an unexplained situation could actualy be rather than just pointing and worrying about the worst... Why can't people accept opinion?

i don't need to prove... you prove that they are not

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
it is amazing to see how some folks just don't look back at history and observe the sheer disdain/loathing for human beings that governments/ruling classes/oligarchs have exhibited in the past:
Tuskegee, spraying germs in the subways, going into bars and slipping '___' into peoples drinks just to observe what happens, biowarfare/chemwarfare sprayed on soldiers, the list/examples go on and on....

what part of THEY don't give a flying F-word about you/"the masses"/the little people, are you failing to grasp?
or do you truly believe that just doesn't happen any more

insults to peoples intelligence, blinding with science/terminology and accusations of child abuse?
is that how to lead others to truth and understanding? you sound just like those who do this sort of thing, it sounds just like denial. calling you disinfo agents/shills IMO would be overestimate you,and an insult to any real disinfo agents/shills that may be here, letting you do all the work for them. you just don't want to see or or your eyes were put out long ago.

meteorology? excuse me but how many times has a meteorologist's predictions failed to come to pass?
you get better results using an old Farmers Almanac.

logic? word games. logic is often blind and leads you into the trap of believing you KNOW.

Chembusters

chemtrails

BOTH of you links are to the same "source"...only, differnt pages. LOL!!!

your point being? how about a more thorough "argument/reasoning". i understand you having to visit all these CT threads has you in a frazzle, but i expect better from you.

Oh. wait! The "sylphs" and the "orgone generator"...right???

nope, Chembuster, and more about CT, just couldn't be bothered double checking, just presuming.
and just go on drinking the water with fluoride in it. here in P.R. we have trace amounts of Dioxin as well, from the agent Orange experiments in El Yunque tropical forest, way back in the 1960's. just go on drinking the water, i won't, we'll see who lives longer, there's your scientific experiment.

the OP is a concerned parent and all your [and other "debunkers"]
just go along to get along [get along with whom?],just suck it in, just do as your told by TPTB and don't rock the boat "advice" isn't helping anybody,
least of all yourselves.

i at least offered something that could/might be of help [you see, i have never claimed to KNOW EVERYTHING, or have all the answers]

memes? so now our heads are riddled with logical/conceptual virii? that little/subtle comment was a good one,awesome complex logic-bomb man,truly, and i will be putting you on my rival list so that when you point north i will immediately look south,east, west,up,down,outwards and inwards, so as to see what you can't/won't.

don't ever quit ATS WW, I truly believe and look forward to learning a lot from you.

OP sorry about all this but do follow up on those links, i myself will be building one of my own within a month or as soon as i can and will be posting a thread, however here in P.R. you rarely even see contrails let alone CT's, which is why i would like other members to build there own and also post, WW you're invited too,as official skeptic and reality-checker. again, not dissing/accusing you, i meant what i said about learning from you, sort of like a canary in a coal mine

p.s. WW at least hasn't used terroristic threats, which is what all the child abuse hints boil down to in the end, that puts him at least a mile above the rest of you all.

DerepentLEstranger
Survivor of the 20th Century.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Thank you all for you replys.
The argument that nothing is being sprayed is quite weak,especially when you see it happen.If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
My children are far from scared,and they a far from stupid or ignorant,they knew what they were seeing was not right,not natural.

Ever seen the show ' Are you smarter than a 5th grader'.

What do they teach in your kids 5th grade? i hope Physics..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iniut

The six edits can be attributed to my brain thinking in French while my fingers try to express themselves in English.
Sometimes it takes me a couple passes for my thoughts to be satisfactorily expressed.

So let me ask you then, is it reasonable to believe and to promote action towards an idea which by your own admission HAS NO BEARING IN REALITY?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It could almost be construed as abuse... filling those poor little children's heads with paranoid junk. Judging by the missile quote, I would imagine that chemtrails isn't the only thing the Op is subjecting his/her children to.

Shame on you!

IRM :shk:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Around the beginning of the month I went with my mom while she paid her bills and did various errands, we were out a good part of the day. I stayed in the car the whole time. I noticed three planes in the sky in close proximity to eachother giving off these chemtrail/contrail (whichever you prefer to call it). I watched as these plumes slowly spread covering the blue sky. Occasionally one of the planes would go to a different section of the sky then after awhile the 2 other planes would join it. These 3 planes litterally covered all the sky I could see in a 360 degree angle in trails that fanned out and blocked all the blue that was once visible. What I thought was odd is I was under the impression planes typically had a destination... not just randoming flying around a area for hours. And if thats just normal contrails thats some massive pollution they are pumping out to completly cover a blue sky. By the way the next day all the grey covering the sky from these trails was still there.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It could almost be construed as abuse... filling those poor little children's heads with paranoid junk. Judging by the missile quote, I would imagine that chemtrails isn't the only thing the Op is subjecting his/her children to.

Shame on you!

IRM :shk:

Before you start shaming people for exposing what IS REALTY why don't you take your head out of the sand. Without proving weather or not chemtrails are being observed, you would have to be some sort of ostrich to believe that these types of operations were not being conceived at this very moment

seriously! people who think that they can shame others for they way they chose to raise their own child should pack up and ship off to china or iran.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Watergate scandal
Secret Bombing of Cambodia
USS LIBERTY
Iran Contra Affair
Gulf of Tonkin incident
Operation Northwoods
The Cuban Project
Bay of Pigs invasion
Operation Midnight Climax (my favorite)
Project MKULTRA
Tuskegee Syphilis Study
Federal Reserve Act

Nope,nothing to worry about. Nothing going on in the skys. wink:wink

Personally, I dont believe in chemtrails.,but that doesnt mean Im right. Im sure there were those that called bunk on a few things on the list also.Till the truth came out......................

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Before you start shaming people for exposing what IS REALTY why don't you take your head out of the sand.

Shouting those words doesn't make chemtrails any more real than if you had used regular lower case characters.

Without proving weather or not chemtrails are being observed,

You mean 'whether'...Or was that some really clever word play?

you would have to be some sort of ostrich to believe that these types of operations were not being conceived at this very moment

Conceiving them is something else entirely isn't it. I can conceive a boogyman if I like! It still doesn't make him real.

seriously! people who think that they can shame others for they way they chose to raise their own child should pack up and ship off to china or iran.

Those are curious destinations! You are very creative!

IRM

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I love watching all of you squirm as you realize all these years the "chemtrailers" as you liked to call them, were right and you were ignorantly wrong. Congratulations on denying ignorance.

You people are just amazing. "Cloud seeding is not chemtrails." FACE PALM. Just admit it already.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

You still aren't understanding it, are you??? Typical.

And, no....."cloud seeding" is NOT a "chem"-trail.....not even close.

Take your pick of any YouTube video that purports to be showing "chem"-trailing in action. What do you see? Be honest. Is it "cloud seeding?

Every video that is put out, every picture show the same things.....jet airplanes leaving normal contrails behind....coming directly aft of the engines, because the engines are what cause the condensation trails to form!!

Furthermore, contrails only form at temperatures well below freezing....and this is always the case at the altitudes we're talking about. 99% of the time, over 28,000 feet. This is the same altitude range where clouds that exist are classified as "cirrus". They are categorized by composition, and shape and appearance. Cirrus clouds never produce precipitation. No rain, no snow, no sleet. So, cirrus clouds would never be candidates for "cloud seeding".

In fact, the "seeding" of clouds, in the lower atmosphere...the troposphere... (cumulus, stratus levels....and below the freezing level) in order to (hopefully, it doesn't always work satisfactorily) induce precipitation.

Why is this science, and these facts, so difficult for those who "believe" in "chem"-trails to understand?? It only takes a small amount of study and learning to begin to comprehend these issues.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Well, cloud seeding isn't how a chemtrail could possibly work, and nor is the dropping of chaff. Though both are repeatedly used as proof of chemtrails.

As chemtrail ideas so far have not managed to actually work in any useful way unless it is to dim the planet, I can't see how there can be a conspiracy to do anything with them. And causing global dimming is hardly a conspiracy, because 1) it can be done with condensed water (ie, clouds) and 2) it is already widely known about.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Well, cloud seeding isn't how a chemtrail could possibly work, and nor is the dropping of chaff. Though both are repeatedly used as proof of chemtrails.

As chemtrail ideas so far have not managed to actually work in any useful way unless it is to dim the planet, I can't see how there can be a conspiracy to do anything with them. And causing global dimming is hardly a conspiracy, because 1) it can be done with condensed water (ie, clouds) and 2) it is already widely known about.

The ramblings of a turnip mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't suppose you would be able to actually post any useful comments, rather than being insulting? I do actually know about the atmosphere and aviation, and as such, unless it is entirely to cause global dimming (for which a conspiracy is not actually required), there is nothing to chemtrails.

But if you could give some actual, useful, verifiable proof of chemtrails, not yet another youtube video? Please?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join