It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had to explain chemtrails to my children.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Hilarious!!! You fell for that tripe??

Chembusters

more on CTs
chemtrails

BOTH of you links are to the same "source"...only, differnt pages. LOL!!!

Oh. wait! The "sylphs" and the "orgone generator"...right???

Sorry, to laugh but...well....it IS just so utterly ridiculous.....

AS TO the rest of your post, and the "flouride"....??? I didn't bother to repeat it because...well....it doesn't merit a repeat.

The "logic" is so awfully bad, I wish everyone would take a moment and review it, just to reassure themselves of what NOT to do in an "argument"....(and "flouride" is yet another of the modern day memes....what a waste of potential intellect, those who get caught up in this garbage....).

edit on 29 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief
You could have tried telling them the truth instead of messing with their heads by telling them a crazy conspiracy story. But then again if they believe in santa they'll work out both are just as daft as each other one day.

First off let me tell you the government has been testing on us since WWII in 1950 they sprayed the entire US with stuff. Then they sprayed Florida with stuff they made stuff turn to a green slime.They have been very open about testing on us.So it isn't a conspiracy it is real.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Heres an article about the queensland gov,

news.smh.com.au...

Maybe they made too much rain last month.

I seriously can't believe no one mentioned that earlier...but seriously, that's a scary possibility...an engineered flood? Geez...

reply to post by weedwhacker

Hilarious!!!

I find it hilarious you're still weed whacking away at this thread.

edit on 29-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4

Originally posted by DisbeIief
You could have tried telling them the truth instead of messing with their heads by telling them a crazy conspiracy story. But then again if they believe in santa they'll work out both are just as daft as each other one day.

First off let me tell you the government has been testing on us since WWII in 1950 they sprayed the entire US with stuff. Then they sprayed Florida with stuff they made stuff turn to a green slime.They have been very open about testing on us.So it isn't a conspiracy it is real.

Yes, and let me tell you, if I saw my sky fill with a grid pattern of so called "contrails" or cloud seeding crap or watever...I wouldn't be too freaking impressed. Good thing I've never seen it happen in my area.

*takes a long deep breath* ...delicious...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Cloud seeding (introducing an aggregate for storm clouds to build around) is very different from a chemtrail..

How do you figure that???? Do you have any idea of the damage that the 'Weather Modification' industry has caused to the global environment. It involves large amounts of chemicals including dry ice, silver iodide and salt. Both dry ice and the burning of silver iodide flares leave distinctive, long lasting trails, how do you conclude that this is not a chemical trail?

If you are one of the people that think that weather modification is still just a small industry that can only operate in certain conditions then I assure you that you are sadly mistaken. Things changed in the early 90's and now it is going on everywhere and is big business. In the US, there are States which are forced into programs which cost millions of dollars each year because if they don't have a cloud seeding program then they are denied access to water reserves. The Thai model now the most popular (although it was invented in the US) and it involves multiple aircraft operating together and spraying huge amounts of modified sodium chloride, carbon dioxide and silver iodide at three different altitudes.

They can basically steal rain that would have otherwise fallen elsewhere.

The cumulative effects that the worldwide weather modification industry is having on the environment and our health is only now becoming more and more evident. One example are the particles we use to increase rainfall do so by attracting water vapour and increasing in size. We are breathing these particles and the exact same process happens in our respiratory tract which is why there has been a massive increase in sinus, asthma and other respiratory complaints around the world.

Instead of shutting the industry down, it continues because the boffins in white coats think they are smarter than mother nature and can counter act any problems as they arise with other chemicals or processes. Everyone needs to get past this Chemtrail/Contrail debate because nobody can deny the existence of the weather modification industry, its use of chemicals dispersed from planes and therefore the existence of a serious threat to the enviroment. Think about it, on one hand we are told carbon emission's are causing global warming yet on the other hand the solution to the global change in weather patterns is to dump massive amounts of dry ice directly into the atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Cloud seeding (introducing an aggregate for storm clouds to build around) is very different from a chemtrail..

How do you figure that???? Do you have any idea of the damage that the 'Weather Modification' industry has caused to the global environment. It involves large amounts of chemicals including dry ice, silver iodide and salt. Both dry ice and the burning of silver iodide flares leave distinctive, long lasting trails, how do you conclude that this is not a chemical trail?

The rest of your post seems irrelevant to the topic, but also very likely to be the case. However, the chemtrail theory and it's allegedly supporting evidence appears to hinge on chemicals and particles reaching the ground and persisting within the environment at dangerous levels. Cloud seeding does neither, and is actual proven science. The argument has also been brought up that exhaust is a "chemical trail", which is also true, but is not what the conspiracy theory is all about.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You can believe what those selling weather modification (cloud seeding) say if you like, but not everyone accepts their claims

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
I thought i could protect my children from this crazy corrupt world for a bit longer.
We live in a remote coastal community miles and miles from any airport,we dont get air traffic, a lovely warm sunny day, all my children were outside playing.
My 11 yo runs in Dad,dad, a plane is crashing,or it looks like it is crashing,its spraying stuff out.
I went out to see a big filthy white line over our house,my 6yo says Dad i reckon its a missile
More trails happened over the next few hrs criss crossing the sky like spider webs,my children were pressing me for answers i didnt really want to give them.
After seeing how moved they were watching our sky fill with white lines,all the questions,i let them watch a bit of "What in the world are they spraying".
My children now want to CONFRONT the government.My 6yo says he wants to punch them and kick them
after telling him he cant do that,he said ' well we should ring Ebay so everybody knows'

My 6 yo old is surprisingly angered about it,iam going to help him confront the government on this issue.

Good parenting there, bub. You're going to have a future Jared Laughner on your hands.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You should make a youtube video on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

You should make a youtube video on that.

Maybe they already have?

I wonder if this woman's parents taught her about chemtrails when she was a kid?

If so, they've created a paranoid idiot.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

My children now want to CONFRONT the government.My 6yo says he wants to punch them and kick them

Wow you must be so proud that your child resorts to violence as a first action to resolve a problem! What disgraceful behavior from one so young! . You also state you are from a "Remote" area so they most likely learned this extremely poor behavior from you and/or your partner. It does not matter that you told them after it is wrong the fact is they said it. Reflects very badly on your parenting skills that they even contemplated that. Maybe you need to discuss your child's violence issues with DOCS!

You say

I thought i could protect my children from this crazy corrupt world for a bit longer.

but then say

iam going to help him confront the government on this issue.

If you really wanted to keep your children away from these sorts of issues well you would not go through with the second statement. Seems like you do want your children to lose their innocence early! Otherwise you would just let them work this stuff out themselves. By the way if you are going voluntarily to use your children as subject matters on this website you got to expect the flack.

You really need to heed the advice DisbeIief shared with you in their post. Filling a child's head with "Tin Foil" brigade propaganda at such a young age can only be destructive to the child! Leave the children out of it!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Honestly I don't think they are trying to kill us, although that may be a side effect. I have a feeling they know something we don't. Would it be possible to create an artificial electromagnetic field around the earth?

I mentioned "chemtrails" to my father-in-law, and the first thing out of his mouth was "yeah, it's geo-engineering". If you mention chemtrails to most people, the first thing they say is how 'crazy' the idea is. Found out after the fact that he is a freemason, along with his father. The kind that doesn't tell his family he's a member. I would go into more detail, but it's not the worlds business. Long story short, if he agrees that aerosols are being sprayed then I believe it. This is not some wacky loony toon, this is a douche bag that works for a company that does business with NASA in Houston.

Naysayers: Yes, we ALL know what a CONTRAIL is. Do YOU know what the sky used to look like? When I'm driving on the freeway I can see the haze on the horizon. I've watched it build up for the past 3 years. Go outside and look at a street light and tell me you don't see particles in the air. Oh right, It's "overcast" or it's "foggy". Some of you are either in hard core denial, or work for Cass. Look up, it's not that hard to tell. Do you see blue or white? Deny Denial
edit on 30-1-2011 by electricalsocket because: duuuuh, breaking my rant down into 3 parts

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A good, recent documentary about the issue of Chemtrails. I'm sure many of you have seen it,

food for thought for anyone who hasn't. Well worth a watch.

Don't listen to the debunkers, listen to your instincts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by sugarcookie1

HOW many times must this be explained??

Must?? Surely you don't mean must as nobody is forcing you to do so, I've never believed the rumours about who you work for or what you work as, you've said your piece, any more and it begins to look like harassment, agree to differ and move on dude.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Maybe you should be a man and teach them about Contrails and the science of water crystallization instead of this tired topic of "chemtrails"

For god's sakes. Please. Go read a book or something on the topic of science, and get away from the conspiracy threads!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
A good, recent documentary about the issue of Chemtrails. I'm sure many of you have seen it,

food for thought for anyone who hasn't. Well worth a watch.

Don't listen to the debunkers, listen to your instincts.

www.youtube.com...

Of course, if there were any real proof they could just out and say it, which they don't seem to. And, I honestly can't watch it when they show their complete ignorance of meteorolgy and aviation about 4 minutes in by talking about chaff (which they even show as a small metal strip), and then immediately follow it with images of perfectly normal looking cirrus. Or images of contrails which are quite clearly coming out of engines.

Seriously, if you want people to not be skeptical, you are going to need a source which quitel clearly comes from someone who understands what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

They'd probably learned that at school but noticed the anomalous nature of chemtrails hence the speaking to their parents about the issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I think it is vital that this very important post be repeated, here. I certainly wish the OP reads it, and thinks long and hard on it, in order to help educated the little children about science, logic, and math...and reality.

This is unassailable, and can't wait to see the "chem"-trail believers twist and spin it:

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Let's forget op specs and SOPs and such and get down to the job of designing an aircraft to fit the mission profile that fits witness statements.
WEIGHT CARRYING CAPACITY. Photos show trails that are about the same size as one half of one horizontal stabilizer on a Boeing 757. Full span of the horizontal stab on a 757 is 49'. So we have a trail 12.5' in diameter. So the cross section area is 6.25^2 * pi, or 123 square feet, or 11.4 square meters. Witnesses describe trails that go from horizon to horizon. Line of sight from 40,000' is 265 miles each way, or 530 miles, or 853,000 meters. So the volume of the trail is 9,724,000 cubic meters. To get enough opacity to be clearly visable from 40,000' away, you would need on the order of 20% by volume of the sprayed substance. Since most claim it's aluminum (Al), let's use that. So you need 1,944,800 cubic meters of aerosolized Al. For ease of doing this stuff in my head, let's round to 2 million m^3. Since density is given in grams/cubic centimeter, we multiply 2.8 g/cm^3 times the volume of the Al and get 5,600,000 grams or 56,000 kg. Now pictures of "chemtrails" often show four trails being left, so to leave 4 visible trails of Al from horizon to horizon, you would need to haul 224,000 kg. Since cost is always an object in aircraft design, we would like to use something already flying as a starting point. Oh-Oh - big problem. Nothing flying today can haul that payload. A 757 maxes out at 114,000 kg. The C-5, although much bigger, is limited to 118,000 kg. The king of the heavy lifters, the Russian Antanov An-124, can go a hefty 136,000 kg. Houston, we have a problem.
SIZE. We need to carry 8 million cubic meters of the stuff. That is, if the particles are compressed to a solid, a block measuring 200 meters on each side. Drat! Another problem. the 757 interior is only 36 meters long and 3.5 meters wide. And we need an aircraft cabin 200 meters long and 200 meters wide. Maybe we should talk to the Russians. Nope, no help there. The Antanov cabin interior is also only 36 meters long.
WING LOADING. To be able to fly and not have the wings fall off, we need to keep wing loading, that is the total weight of the beast divided by the wing area, at about the 700 kg/m^2 level. The 757 is 661 kg/m^2. If the empty aircraft is really light, let's say it can carry its own weight, and the only thing I've ever flown that could do that was the Douglas A-1 Skyraider, gross weight would be about 450,000 kg, so we need about 650 square meters of wing area. In order to operate at altitude we will need an aspect ratio (span/chord) length of 8 or so. So we use the formula 8x*x=650, and see that we need a wing span of 200 meters and a chord of 25 meters. Holy embiggenate Batman! That's 600 feet plus change. That's four 757s wingtip to wingtip. Or maybe I should say winglet to winglet if we're talking the 757-200WL or 757-300 aircraft.
Has anybody noticed a 600 foot long, 1200 foot wide(including cabin), and 600 foot tall behemoth cruising the friendly skies lately?
Living an empirically based reality is such a buzz kill.
edit on 30-1-2011 by 4nsicphd because: not enough sleep to spell. On layover in Dubai

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So what you're saying is until there is total compliance from all posters with what you think is correct, unassailable and totally obvious to you, you are not going to let another person hold a different view about this phenomena without attempting to ridicule them or at least make them feel dumb.

You have proven that chemtrails are not a variety of things folk have postulated on but you have not proven that they are just water vapour and harmless fuel additives, until you do so you should not have a holier than thou attitude on the subject.

If they are indeed a secret project you wouldn't know and "chemtrail believers" shouldn't be expected to prove it on a web forum, how could they?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Right, if getting chemicals into the skies were such a thing, don't you think a white streak with a blue sky background is a bit conspicuous?

Do chemtrail believers think that the white streak behind a jet is a chemical to induce some mind or phisical alteration? Why no trail behind prop planes..?

Do chemtrail believers understand what some people think about condensation occurring with a jet engine and moisture in the air?

If you were to spray a chemical like crop spray for talking sakes at altitude you would not see it with the naked eye! What you are seeing is simply condensation due to heat and moisture...

I'm pretty sure wikileaks would be all over this chemtrail nonsense if it were true..

Just my thoughts on this exhausted topic, pardon the pun..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join